Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

About being British

Alen Na'Varro said:
Great Britain have been punching above their weight in everything for the past 300 years and have defeated every single country in the world at war. That is objective fact. That's why this kind of thing happens.
A bit exaggerated, but true enough. No one can deny that a small, rainy little island in the Atlantic managed to create the largest empire known to man.

Haters gonna hate.

[member="Ludolf Vaas"]
I know you're used to other sites where people rip into each other without mercy, throwing 'racist', 'liberal', 'conservative' tags around like confetti. We don't do that here. There's no need to get up in people's gills. Just a friendly warning.

Valeria Aetani said:
I know you're used to other sites
How do you know what other forums I visit? Have you been stalking me again? Wait... is that you in the bushes over there? Put those binoculars down!

Valeria Aetani said:
people rip into each other without mercy, throwing 'racist', 'liberal', 'conservative' tags around like confetti. We don't do that here.
That's funny... I can't seem to remember calling anybody any of those things.

Valeria Aetani said:
There's no need to get up in people's gills.
Bad habit of mine, but thank you for the warning; I will remember this the next time I see any Mon Calamari. I hear their gills are very sensitive this time of year.

I feel like anywhere I go online anymore, I run into this kind of controversy among other people. Whether its full-blown fighting with really crippling insults, or just small mood-dampening squabbles, somehow, I always end up seeing them. And I always end up feeling sad about it. I try my best to be nice to everyone both on and offline. When I see fighting anywhere, it kind of tears me up a little. This is one of the few sites where I haven't had to feel this way. Please. I ask this of ever member here in Chaos. Please, let's just all be buddies. No fights, no resentment. Just laughs, fun, and hugs. :)

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Katar said:
, let's just all be buddies. No fights, no resentment. Just laughs, fun, and hugs.
Can't we all just, get along? :p

[member="Valeria Aetani"]

I actually kind of appreciated Vaas' thoughts. Strange as they were. Originally I posted up this thread with the complete intent of telling everybody that I almost died a few days ago and they should feel privileged that I'm still posting my usual llama-text. Then Vaas' comments reminded me that I'm not the center of the world, (but close), and that my experience could be seen in a new, (if mildly over-political), dramatic light.

So yes. Thank you Vaas for keeping me humble. If only to be replaced with bafflement and musing. Lol. :p

Valeria Aetani said:
You said that disliking British people is racist.
If I said, "Man, I really fucking hate Mexicans. In fact, I'm going to take a gun out in public and murder the next one I see," what would you call it?

Valeria Aetani said:
Inaccurate and needlessly escalating matters.
There is no reason at all for anyone here to take offense to my comment, as it was not aimed at anyone. Just calling a spade a spade.

Jay Scott Clark said:
I actually kind of appreciated Vaas' thoughts. Strange as they were.
Glad you enjoyed them, my friend.

Louise

here for your dad
The American Revolution is so ignored in our curriculum I wouldn't even understand if somebody called me a red-coat.

It'd just be like, "M8, it's not a coat, it's a hoodie and it's black."

Jsc

Disney's Princess
My friend likes to call me a Dirty Yank. I have no idea what that means, but it sure is funny to hear him say. Haha. I still make fun of him for claiming my car has a bonnet. It's called a hood. You say, Pop the hood dude. Not, Pop the bonnet mate. Or, hey mate want to play some sport? What sport? Futball man. Soccor? No you cheeky fart, sport. And it goes on forever...

Ah. Good times. 4th of July was so good, I don't even care about his British antics right now. God save the Queen! :p

Louise

here for your dad
Banter is good when it's just banter, but some people are incapable of banter and everything gets serious, mad, there's tears, tough guys are cockin' their guns at their computer and sharpening their claymores.

I mean, when Chris was here I engaged in domestic abuse because he called a Jaffa Cake a cookie but at the end of the day it's just a bit ov a giggle, m8.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
I'm literally reading a wiki article right now to figure out what a Jaffa Cake is... >.>''

OMG. That totally makes that one Sanctum DLC level make sense now. A Jaffo Cake. I get it. Like, 3 years later... <.<''

Louise

here for your dad
Hahaha, it's a grand debate in the UK, to whether it's a cake or a biscuit.

It's got a sponge, it's totally a cake. It goes hard when stale, like a cake. Whereas a biscuit goes soft.

But it's definitely not a bloody cookie. :p

sabrina

Iris Tyrad said:
If your friend is from Manchester, I'm surprised he didn't lob a bar stool at the guy.
if they where from moss side they probably disarmed him and shot him, then held up your equivalent of bargin booze

sabrina

Evelynn said:
Hahaha, it's a grand debate in the UK, to whether it's a cake or a biscuit.

It's got a sponge, it's totally a cake. It goes hard when stale, like a cake. Whereas a biscuit goes soft.

But it's definitely not a bloody cookie. :p
this is because of tax system one taxed higher than the other

[member="Ludolf Vaas"]

Yeah, you don't want to say that in front of a Mexican (I'm Mexican). Besides, Mexicans are not just the only ones who are considered as Hispanics.

But I'm glad that you and your friend are OK, Clark.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom