Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Species Aanhaku | Sun Eaters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Other Space Kaiden

Better than other-other space Kaiden

Lg80pv8.png

Y1mUrAm.png
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

GENERAL INFORMATION
  • Name: Aanhaku
  • Designation: Semi-Sentient
  • Origins: Gratos
  • Average Lifespan: 500 years
  • Estimated Population: Rare
  • Description: Sun Eaters are massive, flying beasts native to the mountain ranges of Gratos where they live isolated lives at the dangerous peaks of the summits. These airborne monsters are so named, not only for their ability of flight, but also for their massive size and tendencies to circle the sun in the sky to warm their coldblooded bodies when they grow too cold in their reclusive cavern homes. Covered in a loose, almost rubbery, hide these beasts are often mistaken for mammals due to the hairlike mounds of grey moss that grow on their bodies and give the appearance of fur or hair from a distance. This moss, however, originates from the moist caverns of Gratosian peaks and actually shares a symbiotic relationship with Sun Eaters - absorbing waters and moister from the air that helps the beats regulate their temperature and also keeps their hides from becoming too dry. In return the moss finds a thriving biosphere on the Sun Eaters, often painlessly growing into the hide and extracting a nutrient cocktail that naturally occurs in the mucus that the beasts excrete on their bodies.
The long lived Sun Eaters are a relatively rare sight due to their territorial nature, long lifespans and solitary lifestyle. An individual Aanhaku usually doesn't breed more than once every six or more decades (even in captivity) and some have been known to breed only once in their entire lifespan. Aanhaku lay eggs that do not produce a live off-spring for fifteen months, during which time the parent stays almost completely stationary at the site of the laying - protecting the site viciously. Aanhaku eat omnivores, a rare spectacle on Gratos, but persist on a primarily carnivorous diet. Despite this, Aanhaku have been known to fell entire mountainsides, sometimes swallowing the trees whole to help pulverize the bones of a tougher meal.​
Aanhaku possess short wings, but this is only to assist in flight and is not the primary method of doing so. Instead, the Aanhaku use a primitive form of force based telekinesis to manipulate the air flow, density and concentration below their bodies in what is a close resemblance to a prolonged Force Glide. In this the Aanhaku glide or swim on air currents more than take actual flight. The Aanhaku also use The Force as an offensive tool - releasing powerful and concentrated force bellows that are capable of collapsing mountain sides, pulverizing buildings and shredding vehicles. The largest Aanhaku ever encountered by The Graug was said to have a bellow so many magnitudes more powerful than any other that it could topple entire mountains. Aanhaku are also said to be of above animal intelligence, being capable of forethought and having a vast memory retention and are believed to be able to communicate with others of their kind through primitive language (much like whales or crows).​
The Graug have begun domesticating the species only in the past two decades, only able to do so through the force abilities of their priests - as passed down by Darth Vulcanus.​

PHYSICAL INFORMATION
  • Breathes: [can survive in types I, II & III atmospheres depending on conditions]
  • Average Height of Adults: 66 Feet
  • Average Length of Adults: 215 Feet
  • Skin color: Grey
  • Hair color: None
  • Distinctions: Glowing yellow eyes. Large mouths with many fangs. Thick blaster and kinetic resistant hides.
  • Races: N/A
  • Force Sensitivity: All

Strengths:
  • This species is capable of flying in any atmosphere as well as no atmosphere at all by utilizing their natural force ability to propel themselves and manipulate the available particles around themselves.

• This species possesses the ability to use powerful force below attacks that can damage all but the most reinforced structures, kill infantry and decimate vehicles. The species can also use its powerful jaws to attack and rip apart targets.

• This species has adapted to possess a powerful hide that can resist The Force bellow attacks of other Sun Eats - as well as resist high speed impacts with mountain sides. As a result this species is nearly impervious to small arms blaster and slug fire while also being resistant to explosives and light vehicle weaponry.

• The species is tamable by powerful darkside force users and are known for loyalty to their tamers.

Weaknesses:

• The species, while able to outpace most surface vehicles, are very slow when compared to agile fighters or smaller avian/flight capable species - making them incapable of effectively outpacing most opponents in the skies.

• This species has evolved to withstand grazes and impacts on their bellies - thus their hides are much thicker here. However, the species has had no equal in the air and thus the topside of the creatures is made of a softer, much more vulnerable hide.

• While force sensitive this species is unable to be trained in the force beyond the instinctual use of Force Sense that they are born with.

• Due to the reliance on the force, this species is very vulnerable to force nullifying effects.

CULTURE
  • Diet: Omnivorous / mostly meat diet with periodic spouts of ravenous vegetation devouring.
  • Communication: Primitive telepathy / Primitive auditory language
  • Technology level: N/A
  • Religion/Beliefs: N/A
  • General behavior: Aanhaku are territorial creatures and generally protect a fifty kilometre radius surrounding their chosen lair from others of their kind. They will hunt upwards of two-hundred kilometres from their lair. They will grind stones or similar material in their jaws to sharpen teeth or loosen aching fangs. Once tamed the creatures prove easily receptive to most training.

HISTORICAL INFORMATION

The Sun Eaters have a long history on Gratos and one of the few species known (for certain) to have existed prior to The Graug. The species remained mostly reclusive for most of Graug history - though their presence was felt throughout their time on the planet. Graug cities in the mountains are frequently harassed by the creatures and most of the mountains of Gratos remain mostly unexplored even today thanks to their presence.​

68XtmLC.png

Last edited:
:: HERO of KORRIBAN ::
Other Space Kaiden Other Space Kaiden

There are a few things here, some questions and a couple edits.

Image Credit | I am going to assume you did the edits, could you please verify that. If not you, please tag the person who did them for you. On this note I am also curious about the image to the right of the banner. I cannot seem to locate it in the deviantart page or the MCU page. If it is in either and I am just missing it could you let me know.

Permissions | This field is not about who has permission to use this species, but rather where you would link permissions you have been given to use the submission of other writers in this submission. That being said I feel I need to ensure you are aware that any species submitted to the codex is available for anyone in the community to use in character creation if they choose. The only exception to this would be if the species only was unique and had only one of its kind. Ideally writers would reach out, but it is not a requirement. If that changes your desire to submit this species I understand. Just let me know.

Weaknesses | Could you please add a weakness to include a note that this species is susceptible to force nullifying effects. It may seem redundant, but since you have rated the entire species as Force Sensitive I am going to ask for it to be noted.

Technology Level | I understand what you are trying to communicate here, but unfortunately pre-stone age does classify as an earth term. Per codex guideline submissions:

Don't use specific Earth references as shorthand instead of explaining something. Ex. 'Japanese culture,' 'Medieval Europe', etc.

If this species does not use technology of any kind, I would suggest putting N/A. Other wise I would simply put something like severely below galactic standard.

I think this is all for now. Tag me once you're ready for me to look over this again!

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom