Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Wild Flower (Solan Charr)

Sitting crosslegged Morgana nodded before seeing the datapad. She focused on it and, trying to stay relaxed and clam enough, began to reach out with the force. The pad eventually lifted off the ground and stayed at chest height before the sudden tricks of the eye and false memeories were attacking Morgana's senses. She closed her eyes, trying to fight them, all the while the datapad wavered in the air to the point where it might have either dropped or skyrocketed into the air. She just tired to stay focused through all of it while [member="Solan Charr"] continued his little lesson.​

[member="Morgana Forceborn"]

He smiled, she was doing well but she knew the tricks of the eyes and the false memories were all but implanted. Nothing to lose your head over so instead he gave her a very different situation as he took the image one of his guards and placed it in a doorway obscured to the girl, having it walk out into the garden. He wanted to test her reaction, how she would fair even knowing what he said before that everything that would happen would be fake... and like that the image of the guard raised its slugthrower, aimed, and 'shot' Solan in the back as a fake spray of blood shot from solan. It would feel real, look real, illusions after all were tricking the senses into believing the unbelievable.

As his body fell back on purpose he would seem to age. His skin paling, his eyes dulling, his muscles and what fat was on him deteriorated. It would look as if he were shriveling up into a skeleton. His body deteriorating at a rate that would look to be impossible but was 'happening' before her eyes. Of course there was the key to the trick, tiny seams that if she looked close enough and focused she would see... perhaps she would or perhaps the lesson would continue in a different direction.

All the more the images and memories were getting to her. All the more she tired to hang on. She was fighting. It could be heard in her voice and she grunted or gave disagreeing sounds. Even as she heard [member="Solan Charr"] fall back, possibly dying, she kept trying to keep herself focused. Sweat. Tears. Strain. All of it was welling up. Everything around began to vibrate again. A sign she was in distress to be sure, but she was trying to hold against it. This was a matter of will and showing what will she had. If she truly was born of the force then Morgana would be able to prove her control over it. Breathing heavily she just had to hold on.​

Solan watched her as his images vanished and his eyes opened as he was still sitting right there infront of her. Every illusion gone as they were still in the garden with everything ok. His smile grew as he spoke and placed a hand on the datapad. "Its ok, you can let go of the datapad now Morgana. You did exceptionally with this and i must say that i am a bit jealous. I would have dropped it the moment the false memories were in my head at your place in your training. Guess im just that bad a student ehh?" He grinned as he said that and tried to comfort the woman infront of him. "Sera, some water, a few bars too." The nutrition bars and water would help the girl recover the energy she lost doing that, knowing she was probably a bit tired.

The minute he said it, touching her, Morgana opened her eyes. Her concentration left and the datapad dropped to the ground. His words were a comfort even though she was shaking. She smiled before her arms went around her body as she tried to war herself. Apparently it had taken more out of her than she thought. Hearing [member="Solan Charr"] call for a servant to bring refreshments was another nice little act, looking up she smiled before seeing them brought to her. Instantly she gorged down, trying to regain herself.​

He smiled and couldn't help himself as he laughed a little bit. "Sorry, sorry. Couldn't help myself there but laugh at the memory of the last time i was that drained. I had an oatmeal like paste though... you can imagine how that looked in the end of the day im sure?" He grinned at the thought of it all over his face like he had been some toddler. It was a good thing that he trained alone because otherwise he'd have jokes be made about him from here to Coruscant.

After taking enough in, just as [member="Solan Charr"] finished, Morgana let out a pretty loud belch. "I like oatmeal." she commented, wiping her mouth with her sleeve. Now a little more relaxed she said "Force... That was... Well I just don't feel like doing it again. Got that?" she pointed a finger at him. She then recoiled, folded her arms again, before adding "Thanks, I guess. I mean if you think it helped..."

He laughed and shook his head. "If it didn't feel right, then there is no need to thank me. I was attempting to give you a new insight and if it was not something that helped there is no need to do it ever again... Im used to teaching people of a different alignment, i know the Jedi's textbook teachings but obviously cannot teach you in the same way that i interpreted them. How about we not try and let me teach you again, ehh?"

Huffing a smile she merely said "Agreed." After that she looked back towards the plant she'd destroyed compared to the one made by whoever [member="Solan Charr"] had said it was. Seeing the major difference did make her feel a little more intimidated by the fact she still had a ways to go in controlling the force. Though part of her now had a more confident side for having gotten as far as she did with his method of training. Though this stuff was basic compared to what she had once her real training with a Jedi Master started it was all like one big whirlpool now.​

Solan sighed and laid back, his eyes staring up at the far off sky and he thought for a moment before an interesting thought came to his mind. Rolling his neck, staring out at them and smiling he spoke. "Ever sit back and just look at the clouds? Quite... docile things, but almost human in that they are adaptable. There are many types, that operate on a basic chemical level to produce rain, snow, hail. All kinds of things that we could never hope to reproduce artificially on such a grand scale. Makes us seem so... insignificant compared to the world around us. No?"

As [member="Solan Charr"] sat back Morgana brought her legs up to rest her chin on her knees. While she did she heard Solan talk about the clouds and how he tended to look up at them and see a large array of natural beauty to them. Morgana glanced up as well but, upon looking, grimaced before looking back down to him. "What clouds? It's clear today."
(lol Had to do it)​

He laughed and looked over at her as he spoke. "Very true Morgana. I have question. What exactly is it that you guys do for enjoyment. Jedi that is?" He smiled and looked back up at the sky while he laid there, his thoughts moving. There was something very very weird about this girl, something he couldn't quite put his finger on. Its like he thought he had known her already and after this time he tapped his hand on his leg. He certainly would need to ask Taeli about this girl.

She gave a little pfft sound before cracking a smile at how she pointed out the obvious to him. For a king he apparently missed some of the finer details. Still when he asked about what the Jedi did she perked, saying "Well usually they sit around and mediate or something like that. Me? I read. Or, failing that, I tend to practice with my guitar. I play a mean bass actually." she sounded more enthused by the idea of playing.​
[member="Solan Charr"]​

He smiled at the mention of instruments and glanced to the side at the violin. "Question, have you ever used one of those before?" He raised a brow and looked back at her. "It operates in a similar function to a guitar, minus a few very key differences.... ok its not very similar but im trying to work with what i know about what you mentioned." He waited for her answer, though added one last bit. "I could show you and teach you if you so desired?"

When he popped out a violin Morgana gave a very odd, obviously not enthused look. She tried to humor him by taking it and examining the instrument. She looked it over, plucking a few strings, before trying to actually use the bow and slide it across. The sound was not the best as it made her squirm a little. She then moved it away, handing it back to [member="Solan Charr"] and saying "Thanks, but no thanks. It just doesn't....'click' like my bass does."

He shrugged and smiled as he laid back again and stared at the sky for a few moments. He wasn't sure what more to say to the girl that sat nearby. "Its not for everyone, infact i must say for having Taeli as your aunt im personally quite surprised that its not your thing. I underestimated how much of an impact she leaves on others." His hands went behind his head as he cut his way through the air and he just listened to the air for now while he thought about what more to say if anything.

Morgana shrugged at his comment about her aunt Taeli before saying "Yeah, well next time I see her I'll mention it. But until then I'm just content as I am." Her one hand rested on the ground now as she looked up to the sky as he did. She actually sighed and said "I guess if there were clouds it would be....nice. Maybe even if the stars were out. I used to do that on Ossus. Look up and try to connect the dots into a picture. Sometimes I get something like a ship or a bantha. Other times it was like some silly looking taun-taun mutation." She chuckled a bit before sighing. "Yeah...I sort of like those moments." What she did realize was how the Force was pouring from her touch to a small bunch of the nearby flowers, making them twitch and react.​
[member="Solan Charr"]​

The change in the flow of the force and its threads more than caught his attention, but he remained still and noticed something about her emotions. "Really? Anything else that drew your attention or to your liking? Ive done that before and the constellations one can make up are rather funny to see from planet to planet." He had an idea but he would need her to keep talking about what she liked to do or see before he could prove it. If he could keep her talking enough eh would look at the flow and strands of the force for a bit longer and see if he was correct.

When he asked she shrugged, saying "Lots of things. The idea of being a Jedi, and real knight or even a master. I've always wanted to sit on the Jedi Council. Just... I don't know. Just to prove to everyone I could do it. Aside from that I like my music. And...art. Poetry. Really nice long poetry...." She sighed, the force reaching out as she began to feel a connection with the flowers. But Morgana just sat there, her eyes closing as she began to feel it without fully noticing. The flowers soon began to grow but with a less violent pace than before. "Is it me or does it feel like it's...different outside?"
[member="Solan Charr"]​

"Go on, please do keep telling me about yourself and what you enjoy..." He would break the news of her unknown success, his eyes moving for half a second to size up the planets she was touching and this time his own mind reached out. He would not help or impede her progress. But if for whatever reason that she would once more lose control of her powers he would stabilize the energy that went into the flowers. That way they would remain in the same state as they would have been at the cut off point. Simply for reasons as to show Morgana that she could do it and all she had to do was find that thought or place where what she did not know at the time would be revealed to her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom