Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Wild Flower (Solan Charr)

It was one thing to be on Kesh. Morgana had never traveled this far out of Republic space on her own, and usually because the Jedi masters wouldn't allow for it. But she wanted to explore and, from all the stories she'd heard, Kesh had one of the lovelier royal gardens to ever be seen. And hey, didn't the Jedi always preach about beauty through the force? Well what better was to admire beauty then to actually see it? And then using the Force to help you see set Royal garden because the palace tends to be off-limits. That was Morgana's easy enough excuse to use when she knew the Jedi would find out. She didn't fully care though. She wanted to be a little more free then just being allowed to run outside the temple now-and-then. This was just a passionate drive she wanted to use.​
After taking a shuttle all the way to Kesh Morgana did her best to blend in while making her way to the royal palace. She was dressed in her usual non-Jedi attire, a long crimson jacket with black shirt and boots while keeping her hair short and dyed black and red. She never liked it brown or long, always complaining it didn't match her personality enough. Sure she looked like a punk rocker type but she didn't care. She wanted to stand out, not just be another run-of-the-mill Jedi you'd see practically anywhere.​
She scoured about the outside of the royal palace, only making one pass fro some of the guards. She knew no excuse she'd make would let her in, so it was the old fashioned way. After a while she found a decent window to sneak in through, it was just a matter of getting up to it. Looking around she saw the means, a well placed jump and a little bit of a ledge to use before jumping up to the window itself, no need for the force at all. She was lucky on two counts. For one that she managed the window and two, that she didn't risk using the Force and possibly go too far with it. And then her luck was even better once she crawled through.​
She wound up right where she wanted to be, in the garden. She tumbled for a moment before seeing the lush and exotic flowers all about the place. Nothing like this had ever been seen in the Jedi temple, or anywhere else she'd been. It was like something out of a book. Beautiful. Fro there Morgana was careful as she worked her way around, looking at all the more exotic plant-life. She stopped when she happened upon a rather exquisite looking bloom. It was large and lovely, seeming to almost stand out from the others. She wanted to touch it, her hand slowly reaching out towards it...​
[member="Solan Charr"]​

[member="Morgana Forceborn"]

Solan had been doing his normal thing, really he was kind of boring when he was alone and at his palace of a home on Kesh. His hands holding onto the wooden instrument that was his violin, gliding from each string to the next while keeping a careful eye on the motions of the bow as it slowly rocked just above the bridge of the instrument. Its honestly one of the few things that kept him at peace and his mind detached from the others. When he focused on the sound of the instrument all the emotions of others felt drowned out by its beauty, giving him moments of peace. None the less he still heard the emotions of many, felt them, everything from curiosity to wonder and all the ones in between that held no place in the language that was Basic.

That is how he knew something was different in that moment, his eyes opening slightly as he tried to put his finger on what the feeling was. Who it was coming from and what the purpose of that emotion was as he stopped playing and carried the Violin with him while he walked. Curiosity and wonder, things that while normal for visitors very rarely... well visited without he knowing of their arrival. Which made him think it was but a attendant in the palace... or someone snuck in.

To be honest he would be fine with the latter option, he had a reputation of killing criminals on site and to tell teh truth that was almost completely false with but one exception being slavers. Even murderers he give a trial for and a fair ruling on their actions but slavers... how he hated them. A thought for another time though, no? No right now he moved through the palace until he came up silently to the garden he kept, the one so many marveled at and he looked at the girl who stood infront of the flower that Nimue had grown with his help. He watched her reach out slowly and would wait for her to touch it before clearing his voice and speaking. "Hey there Beautiful. You realize you are trespassing right?" He smiled, ignorant of the fact he had just said the words to someone who.. well was comprised of part of his dna.

A gasped escaped Morgana's lips before turning to see a man standing nearby. He wasn't a guard but that didn't mean he would try to turn her in. For all her blusterous look she went stiff at the fact she realized she was caught. Her hands were caught at her side and she almost went up on her tip-toes as she looked ready to run.​
"I'm....I'm sorry." she began. "I was only trying....trying to look at your garden. I mean I've heard it's beautiful but I didn't believe..." Realizing how bad this seemed she finished with "Please, don't have me throw in jail or something. The Jedi would kill me if they found out."
[member="Solan Charr"]​

"Its ok, the Jedi and the Prime Minister would kill me if they found out i jailed one of their own. Would take away my get out of jail free for being a Dark Jedi card too while they were at that. And i need that thing if i want to walk around Onderon without getting thrown into a slab of carbonite by your order." The moment she had said Jedi he just laughed, smiled, and joked as he normally did.

"Thank you for the compliment about my garden though, beauty is something i had hoped to achieve with it, as well as serenity, calmness... something my life very much so lacks. Oh and between you and me, and contrary to what people believe and what i allow them to believe. You aren't gonna be thrown into my jails for being interested in my garden... i suggest you use the door this time though. I could have given you a tour." His smile never ended, his words soft and floating as he sat down on a ledge while laying the instrument across his lap. "Im Solan Charr, King of Kesh."

A lot of relief hit Morgana as she realized he wasn't going to give her away. Most of it was apparently thanks to her being a Jedi, one thing she could be grateful to them for. Still the fact that he turned out to be a Dark Jedi, something she'd vaugly heard about, did surprise her a little. But then, as he went on, she was curious to know about the rest of the palace itself, especially when he offered her a tour. She gave him a small "Thanks.." before he later introduced himself as the king.​
"The...the king?" she gasped before going into a deep bow, a sign of respect the Jedi taught her to always do.​
[member="Solan Charr"]​

He stared at her blankly for a moment, confused and then hit himself on the forehead. With a single movement his violin was placed behind him and he stood, bowing back to her, his eyes closed with one hand behind him and one hand over his chest and heart. "No need to thank my, i have the pleasure of a Jedi deciding i was worth the effort to visit. Though not your intentions in teh first place." He straightened up, eyes still bright as ever though their color was that of the dark side corrupted amber color. "By the way, no need to be formal at all with me. I was born on a farm in the middle of Dantooine's plains. I wasn't born a king."

Morgana rose with a more respectable air before saying "Yes, sir. I mean, sorry, your majesty. I..." she stopped and giggled before saying "I'm not used to being around royalty. In fact I'm not used to be near anyone but, well...Jedi." After that she just stood there and waited for the king [member="Solan Charr"] to move. While he seemed nice she was afraid of doing one thing or another that might be considered offensive or get herself into any trouble.​

"You know, you can sit down right, unless you want a chair? And please, call me Solan, like i said i was a boy on a farm and a mercenary before i was a king. And from what i understand you are no noble, so no need for us to act like we are stiff as a board at all times of the day. Conversations are easier between friends anyways rather than just some random noble that snuck up and found you here." He smiled at her and watched where he sat as he sat back down on the low ledge that was lining the garden. "So, whats your name Raven haired Jedi? Or should i just call you..." He tapped on his leg as he went through the creatures he had heard of from books of legend and truth. "Falcon or Finch perhaps? Sorry if this comes off as rude, people i enjoy talking to tend to get the nickname of a avian creature that is real or fantasy."

Once he offered a chair she thanked him before sitting down. After that she watched as [member="Solan Charr"] sat down as well. The whole time Morgana couldn't believe it. She was sitting with a King, and a powerful force user at that, and they were talking like two normal people. She knew not all royalty were like this but the fact that this king was so nice and calm and collected showed something to behold about him. It was nice, like being able to talk to a friend without having ever known the until this moment.​
"Oh, I'm Morgana. Morgana...Forceborn." she answered. "I know. Weird name. They sort of gave it to me since...well, I don't know who my parents are. I was left with the Jedi and my aunt doesn't tell me a whole lot about them."

He raised a brow as he heard the last sentence and smiled as he nodded. "Trust me, i've heard weirder once. You should listen to the Transdoshan surnames, that is weird... your aunt, is she a Jedi? Maybe i know her." He was curious, a aunt that didn't tell the girl much about her family, he sure knew how it felt to not know about the rest of your family and there was sometimes good reasons to keep it hidden. But for right now, his curiosity would overcome him.

Morgana giggled at his remark, noting how true it was. Other races tended to have odd names, she just felt it was odd for a human to have. But then again the name "Forceborn" basically implied that she was born purely from the force itself. Though Morgana always thought it was just a nicer way then calling her Morgana the Bastard Child. Sometimes she didn't like the Jedi.​
She answered with "My aunt Taeli Rae. Maybe you have heard of her. She's the closest thing I actually have to family right now."
[member="Solan Charr"]​

It took absolutely everything to keep him from simply laughing as he heard the name. A million thoughts going through his mind as he heard it and couldn't help himself but think first and formost that Taeli's own sister might be this woman's mother... but how old Corvus was kept him silent. Had Taeli not told him of an older relative maybe... it would explain some other things. But this girl used Taeli's Rae name. Curious...

"I see, well im sure ill keep an eye out for her and give her my regards. She and I are good friends."

Surprised to hear that Morgana asked "Wait...you are?" A thought suddenly occurred to her as she said "Hold on. You're not a former Sith or something are you? Because she told me to watch out for people like you. Sure she's reformed but some of them just try to trick you in order to influence you all the easier." It was clear this girl had done her homework on past cases of Sith and Jedi interactions outside of fighting. Though given her dress it was hard to tell she was a Jedi herself, looking more like a Sith in fact.​
[member="Solan Charr"]​

"Sith? Gods no. If i was a Sith id hope someone would have killed me before hand or atleast locked me up. No, ive never been a Sith or a Jedi... Well there was that short time i helped out the Silvers, but i dont think anyone considered me a Jedi then either. No ive been just as you see me now, a boy, a merc, a rebel, a prince, and now a king. Rags to riches i guess you could say. And yes, i am. She and i have worked on multiple projects together. Your aunt is very intelligent... But she has her priorities and i have mine so even as friends most of our talks are on business."

As [member="Solan Charr"] explained himself it became all the more clear to Morgana. It seemed fair that he wasn't a Sith, but not fully a Jedi. A Dark Jedi as he said before. Given her odd sense of the force around him only helped confirm this. It was good to know there was something of trust between the two they could hold. With him knowing her aunt, and seeming the nice cool headed sort, Morgana felt all the more relaxed around the King of Kesh. Still she had to keep reminder herself that she'd been sitting with a royal, a ruler of an entire planet. It was still a crazy situation to find yourself in, no matter who you were.​

"Well, i must say miss Forceborn, you are more than interesting from what you've come to tell me about yourself... how long have you been a jedi if you don't mind me ask me." He leaned forward on his hands and watched her with interest and curiosity. To be honest their conversation thus far have been one of the most intriguing of conversations but what more could come of it interested him beyond simple thoughts. Another unspoken question he didn't ask but wanted to was how close this woman was to Taeli. She had said Taeli didn't speak much about this girl's family, he also wondered why.

Thinking for a moment Morgana eventually answered "Well...for about as long as I can remember. Ever since I was a baby. My aunt Taeli saved me or something. She's always been pretty vague about what my life was like before I came to the Jedi. But she's always been there for me. She's helped and all. Truth be told I haven't seen her in a while, but whenever she is over it feels like everything's right with the galaxy. I don't know. She's the closest thing I have to a mother really. And I don't even know a thing about her. Or my dad."
[member="Solan Charr"]​

"Never forsake it Morgana..." He smiled as his hands came to his lap and he looked at the garden while he sat there. "The world can be... beyond cruel and your family is one of the most important things in this galaxy. Family and friends are the two things that are more important than anyone else or anything else and your mother fully understands this too thankfully." He smiled and leaned back on the ledge as he stared up at the sky. "As for her being the closest thing to a mother... i would laugh to see what her changing a diaper would be like. No offense of course, i just imagine it to be hilarious."

It turned out [member="Solan Charr"] was a wise ruler, or at least a wise councilmen. Morgana nodded at his word, knowing it was true. That was why she hadn't turned her back on the Jedi yet. They may have gotten under her skin at times or annoyed her beyond belief but they were still the closest thing to family she had. Same with Taeli. Though she did recall how she used to change her when she was young, though she wouldn't give the King of Kesh the satisfaction.​
She smiled at Solan and said "Thanks. You know, it's weird. But I almost get the feeling like we've met. Or that we've at least seen each other before. Like I said, weird, huh?"

"Probably not as weird as you think, i tend to hang out in the republic and around Jedi even though what i follow is no where near as... held back as what they use. But they know i would defend people and give my own life so i guess thats why im not attacked on site. That and im friends with the leader of the Republic, that certainly helps when i need it. It could also be my being a friend of your aunt's that helps too, i probably saw you and didn't realize it during one of our meetings. Tell me Morgana, do you share your aunt's interests? Or did those not rub off on you."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom