Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Visit to Voss

Harley Fenstermacher

remeber it's not personal, just buiness
The force was and o so mysterious power that though many had knowledge of often failed to grasp its full potential. Those that did often fell into an order of some sort, wither choosing or forcing to go to war with whatever other force user ideology conflicted with there’s. Though Harley was in general supportive of the Jedi Order and their much more agreeable way of going about things he still refrained from joining in and official sense.

Ture the Echani had attended a few training lessons but over all had attempted to keep a safe distance away from the order, better safe than sorry. This, though presented a problem, as this limited not only the amount of training one could get but also equipment material to study. How would one deal with this? Visit one of the most prominent former Jedi home worlds, the closest of these which was currently in neutral territory being Voss.

Abandoned and seeming left clean the former strong hold of the Silvers was the best place for Harley to consider. Even if the previous owners had literally taken the temple apart and carried it with them off to the Wookie home world not doubt some things would remain. Harley was quite resourceful and even the smallest amount of information that may still longer would go a long way, now the new issue, finding it.

As the Echani’s private shuttle descended upon the planet strategies and thoughts ran through his mind on what to look for. “Allow the force to be the guide, search with traditional methods, hybrid of both, ask the locals, hmmm this will prove an interesting challenge”. “Hmmm, whatever the case I just hope this does not take to long”.

The woman had recently finished with some training and was returning to her home. When it had been built, it was near to the former Jedi Temple. Close to see if one had vision, but not enough to disturb her living there. When the Silver's had left, they had cleaned out the Temple and left only a few people there to man it. Mainly to greet people that still came there searching for them.

Another arrival was approaching, Jairdain could feel it and would turn her attention to the descending shuttle. Having the feeling the pilot was heading for the temple, she would attempt to greet the arrival there. She could at least extend a welcome to the person, some food and a place to stay if he or she needed one.

Now Jairdain did not drive, so the shuttle moved far faster than her feet could carry her, but the person on board would only be alone for a few minutes before she arrived. She would openly approach, very relaxed and friendly looking. Jairdain sensed no threat from the person, but curiosity and it was something she felt from time to time. For the most part, she took learning as it came and rarely went searching for new powers, they usually came to her naturally.

"Good afternoon. Welcome to the former Jedi Temple. I am Jairdain Ismet."

[member="Harley"] Fenstermacher

Harley Fenstermacher

Upon exciting the shuttle Harley was greeted by a rather nice welcoming sensation of the light side, calming and serine, nice, but that would not be all, soon he was literately greeted in person by a woman 'Jairdain Ismet, I feel like I should know that name, but where'? That could be answered another time, but he was certain the woman meant now harm, no doubt many others came here looking for knowledge on the force, and judging by the signature radiating off the individual it was probably safe to assume they where a master of some caliber. Ironic, seemed Harley was running into many Grey Masters of late, but that was enough self talking.

"Well it is good to meet you Jairdain Ismet, I am Harley Fenstermacher, if that last part is a tongue twister you can use my Echani maiden name Lsu, or just Harley will do fine", he replied offer a hand to the woman. 'So far so good, but I as honestly not expecting a welcoming party, I wonder, is she a Silver Jedi member that stayed behind? or just a rouge that took up refuge here with others'? This place just got even more interesting, it was a good thing he had decided to come here and not some other far off old enclave that may or may not lay in ruins or be infested with Sith.

[member="Jairdain"]

Being physically blind, but knowing what custom was. Jairdain extended her hand with the hopes Harley would pick it up on his own. His name meant nothing to her, but that wasn't a big surprise. She would treat him as she did everybody else unless he proved to be more than she could pick up off him now and he turned on her.

"Just call me Jairdain or Jera is fine as well."

Only people she would consider close called her Jair, but he may end up shortening it to that anyway. It was nature to do that she assumed. He mentioned an Echani name and she had met previously with one of them here on Voss.

"Nice to meet you as well, Mister Fenstermacher, but I do think I will call you Harley to make it easier. What has brought you to Voss? The Jedi left here over a year ago. A few like myself come and go though."

Harley Fenstermacher

"Jaridain, Jera, well I'll stick with Jaridain for now", it was more respectful and besides, this woman just seemed to be important, but he could just not figure out why, didn't mean he'd would not tease around a little. As the woman extended her hand Harely grasped it in a firm but gentle, but he did notice something, the way her armed move and eyes, the were not coordinated, was the woman blind? Maybe that would explain why she remained here at Voss and did not travel with the other, but who knew, besides his own gaze would probably be directed elsewhere, Jaridain was aware the current clothing made her cleavage noticeable.

"Calling me Harley if fine, as for coming here, well as you could probably sense I have a connection to the force, but my position would warrant limited involvement in any order, politics and all". "As such I decided to visit what was once the Silver home world, kind of assuming there would be something like this left behind, remnant masters and knights who call this place home and what not, am I right to assume you are one of them"?

[member="Jairdain"]

Each of them having decided on what they were going to call the other and shaking hands, he explained why he was on Voss. He mentioned his position, but not knowing anything about his, Jairdain was unable to place what it might be. She did not sense he was dark, evil or sith, so was at a little bit of confusion as to why he couldn't come openly.

"Yes, there is a small contingent of people here all the time. Mainly I think to greet people searching for the order and inform them of the move."

In asking if she called ​this place home, Jairdain hesitated slightly. Her home wasn't in the temple itself, but nearby. Unsure of how to answer, she decided on a truthful one.

"My actual home here isn't in the temple, but it is not far from here."

Harley Fenstermacher

So the remaining Jedi were some sort of a greeting and information company for those not caught up in the time, also probably to stop any raiders or dark side users that would come here for different reasons. The way she hesitated identifying herself to be apart of this made Harley wonder slightly, she did not seem like just some rouge force user, her signature and just general actions was that of someone with experience, had she been kicked out of the order and remained here? It was unclear, best not to push the subject for now.

"Well it is nice to meet you anyway [member="Jairdain"], not everyday you go in search of force training or the Jedi and wind up meeting someone with your beauty". Which was no lie, the woman being rather good looking but also carrying a air of authority and general badassary, all nice perks. "So might I inquire to you greeting me here? playing your part at the temple or have you business with the Jedi remnant here as well"? If they did not live at the temple but where here to greet Harley's arrival Jairdian must have had some reason to be here.

"It is nice to meet you as well, Harley. You come here looking for training then?"

​He was not the first person to comment on her looks, but Jairdain was never sure on how to respond. Without sight, she couldn't make an observation on that other person. Harley may not yet have figured out she was blind. Her Force vision though did not make her appear to need a walking stick or anything a non-Force user would need to get around.

In asking why she greeted him here, Jairdain shrugged slightly before answering. Everything she said was true and no sign of deception would be seen or felt from her.

"Well, you arrived separately from the normal visitors, so I came from my home to greet you. Playing my part, but also following the Force. What is it you are wanting to learn? With the Jedi moved from here, there isn't much left for teachers or books."

Harley Fenstermacher

"Training knowledge that sort of thing, I would be a fool to not hone this gift of mine, even if I do not use it all to often", well aside from diplomatic events, using persuasion was quite useful in getting people to see things his way. Not that the Echani abused the force, and it could also be used in the odd combat situation that came up every now and then.

"Tell me how was my arrival different from other? is there a proper landing area to set down? I am not too familiar with the lay out of Voss", her comment about following the force also seemed interesting. From stories Harley had herd how the force often brought people together, showed them the way to things and just acted as a general guide, was that the same thing here? Well it would make sense she seemed to be a master, or at lest strong enough to pass down powers, but at the same time was not held down by and order, but not some rouge, just the teacher he was looking.

"Hmmm what to learn, well I guess the basics are good to start, I am proficient in a few area but over all I am just on 'Padawan' level, if that is the right terminology, maybe I could take a few lesson on body enchantment, jumping, speed and strength, then work out from there, sound good"? Harley may only be an Adept when it came to the force but he was a good planner, that was unless [member="Jairdain"] had a more efficient method of teaching.

"Voss has a great depth of lore, mystery and even mysticism here of its separate from that of the Jedi. Not sure if you're interested in learning that though. I have been through the Mystic Trials here and have focused my learning on the more mental aspects of the Force. Training in the basics though won't be an issue at all."

Harley asked how ​his arrival had been different from others and that he wasn't familiar with the lay out of the planet. Turning to point to the top of a distant hill, Jairdain focused there for a moment before turning back to Harley.

"That is Voss-Ka over there, most people arrive there. Instead you came directly to the temple. It isn't anything wrong at all, just different."

Harley Fenstermacher

"Hmmm, I have never really thought about learning the more mystical side of the force, but I do not see why not, it would wrong to say you have me a little interested, ahh but that is what makes it intriguing in the first place, the mystery and wonder, would you not agree". Even so learning the basic first would be the first thing to start his training and maybe learn some of the more fundamental aspects of the first. As for arriving at the temple, "I see, once again I do not know the lay out of Voss so the temple the was best place to go in search for a teacher, may I ask if you are in such a position"? She had asked what type of powers he wanted to learn so Harley took that as a hint the woman was taking on students in some regard.

[member="Jairdain"]

Not many people considered non-combat oriented skills within the Force, but that was her specialty. Giving Harley a nod, if he allowed her to, she would run her arm through his. While she didn't need help getting around with how she saw through the Force and being familiar with the Temple, she could guide him just as easily.

"Let me show you around. I can guide and help you while you are here and be happy to share what knowledge I do have."

When he said​ about finding the Temple was fine and when the Silver's actually resided here, his arrival would have been normal. Since they had left, arrivals at the Temple were less common.

Harley Fenstermacher

That was a generous offer, but not one that Harley would pass up, in the world where almost anything cost money or other forms of reimbursement else having a person willing to share what they know was rather nice. Did she sense no ill intent from Harley or just wanted to have something interesting to do in the mean time."Yes that would be appreciated, th- oh"?

The way her hand wrapped around his own was rather interesting, the hand soft but also being firm, but seemed a little out of the blue, unless the his assessment of her being blind was true, not that Harley was going to complain. "Well I did not expect to be holding hands so quickly, rather nice if I do so say myself".

[member="Jairdain"]

"I am not holding hands with you. My hand is resting on your arm only to get around the temple easier and not get separated. It might be way less crowded than it was in the past, but it's still nice to have the connection."

Jairdain hopefully drew a line quick and fast that wasn't meant to be crossed. If Harley had motives coming to Voss outside of gaining knowledge, he wasn't going to gain anything additional from her.

Attempting to stay on track, she would point in the direction of the rooms to sleep in along with the commons area, mess and training rooms.

"Do you have any belongings you want to put into a room?"

Harley Fenstermacher

Harley chuckled a little at [member="Jairdain"] response, like a mother berating a young child, rather interesting but it also reinforced the assumption that she was blind, would be hard to Harley to get lost when in the company of this woman. "Sorry sorry, my bad, just potential teacher and student, I understand the whole Jedi no attachments thing or whatever... actually never mind I won't pry anymore, quite acquainted with the laws of physics".

He was not looking to see what the equal and opposite force of flirting would be, sources often indicated a hard slap to the face, somehow unavoidable and carrying a great deal of power to it, truly something that would make a remarkable weapon. In time the two reached a sleeping area and common room, "just some casual clothing, products for different things, weapons and business stuff, but nice place you have going here, kind of feels like a hotel, cozy".

"It isn't we can't get attached or anything and I have been in the past. Our code does not dictate in a literal meaning of the words. Some people do of course, but I do not. Besides...Ah what's the point? You're not here to talk about the code or ideals are you?"

Jairdain was not at all sure what he meant about the laws of physics and how they related to the current conversation. So she would come across as ignorant, she kept quiet and didn't ask. The thought he was speaking metaphorically was totally lost on her.

"The rooms and halls used to be much busier, but since they moved it's pretty quiet. Just the bare minimum to keep the place running really. You have your choice of rooms to stay in while you're here though."

If she was honest, Jairdain wasn't sure if there was anybody else here that could give Force lessons. Maybe a knight, but certainly no masters. That was fine with her though. This gave her the opportunity to teach Harley one on one and not have him run off for another lesson.

Harley Fenstermacher

"In the past"? that was interesting, where was that person now? had they died? no, not now, don't want to be slapped in the face. "Well the Silver Jedi are different, hence the name right? silver, not pure white a little bit of grey in there and all, but I think I get the understanding of the code, like attachments that are too over the top, like obsessing over people"? Either that of it was a reference to and old order, the Jedi did use colours a lot, Green Jedi, Dark Jedi, etc.

He continued to follow [member="Jairdain"] as she explained the rest of the complex and temporary living arraignments "My choice of rooms? hmmm nothing to fancy but I like neat and more urban styled rooms if that is a choice". Once again it felt like a hotel of some sort, but with the added bonus of getting force lessons one to one with a rather feisty Master, "oh on other question, what recreational facilities are around here? for when training is not going on, probably gets a little lonely around here, got anything fun to do"?

"I'm not a monk or some holy woman that swears off the more primal emotions, Harley. In the past, I have had lovers. One is dead and the other is fully devoted to the Jedi and lives with them on Kashyyyk. Sure I could go live there, but I like having my freedom to move around."

He mentioned the name and she shook her head before answering. This allowed him to finish his thought and he was accurate in what he said about the code.

"No, they had to adjust to be destroyed basically."

A simple statement, but a totally true one. Changing the topic to rooms, she would motion down the hallway and shrugged her shoulders slightly.

"These rooms are all open. As for other activities around here? There's not much really. Besides what one person might find to be fun another person might not."

Harley Fenstermacher

"You have my sympathy for such a lost but at the same time my respect for choosing what you wish to do with your life, I myself did the same, could have been just like my father or what people around wanted, but I forged my own path". His tone was a little more sombre now, it was not often Harley talked about his past, but [member="Jairdain"] seemed like the understanding type, so it felt a little more, comfortable."Change, progression to survive, that is how the galaxy works, and I do not fault the Jedi for being more militarily minded, at least they done glass entire planets like the Sith".

The tone of conversation quickly shifted back to the question on entertainment, with a reply that sounded very Jedi like, earning a small chuckle from the Echani. "Yes yes fun is very 'opinionated' but I mean like any facilities, a food area, garden to relax in, maybe a pool, I hear that the Silver Jedi do quite a lot of social events these day". "Not saying we have to have one here but just a simple room to use for off time".

"Death is a part of life and has purpose. Even if it isn't clear at the time."

It was a part of her personal code, the other Jairdain followed instead of that of the Jedi. Now was not the time to talk about that though.​

"I started off on a path that what my family would have wanted, but it changed over time. While I have since found that path again, I am the last of my people and have changed my view on certain things. What did your people want you to be? Thank you for the sympathy. At the time, I had nobody to offer that to me."

Harley clarified what he meant by fun and she nodded.

"Yes there are all of those kinds of things here."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom