Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dominion A Vaugly Ordacious Proposition | GA Dominion of Ord Vaug

crosseyed.gif

I'M AFRAID I CAN'T LET YOU DO THAT, BRAMA
BYOO | Tepasi | Tepasi Estate | Office
BlwFtWb.png
Nope.

That was the last straw.

Artificial Intelligence hullaballoo was the last straw.

Brama's tenacity with politics was not was strong as her brother's. At first, she'd been able to draw parallels to the thrill of the hunt. The success of a motion passed. The excitement that came with one committee elbowing out another. But after a while, the senator's podium became less and less comparable to the feeling of sniping out a kill.

In the senate, sniping was heavily frowned upon.

For a long time, she'd been thinking about retirement.

This ordeal on Ord Vaug with artificial intelligence — not even the decency of interfacing with humans — was too much. She'd had enough technical difficulties getting her vote in on the Vice Chancellorship committee vote, and now having to work with tech more and more?

The world was changing, and she just wanted to watch it go by while she hunted. There wasn't anything she was keen on learning anymore.

Thusly, she handed in her resignation from the Senate and retired happily. Dash, her assistant, forwarded the outgoing message to Auteme Auteme for visibility. Because Brama'd almost closed the holonet window without pressing
SEND.

And another she'd saved in drafts for Damian Du Couteau Damian Du Couteau — if he ever needed anything, her personal contact information was included.

Prosperity
div-orange.png
Outfit: Factory Link
Appearance: Link
Weapons:
Lightsaber
Tag: Asmundr Varobalder Asmundr Varobalder

It wasn't a surprise that Asmundr showed great willingness to share the burden despite the risk, but Valery certainly felt great relief knowing she could rely on the assistance of Jedi like him. Exegol was one of the darkest places in the Galaxy, so even though her strength in the light could get them pretty far, they were going to need a lot of help to make it work.

The NJO would have to coordinate in a way she had personally never seen before, not even during her days serving the Old Republic.

"Thank you," she said after a brief moment of silence. The corners of her lips tugged up into an appreciative smile. Not just because he'd help coordinate it all, but also for assuring her that Exegol would not be her end. She felt there was so much more to live and fight for still. She wanted to see her daughter grow up in a Galaxy without the Maw, and she wanted to guide the Jedi into better times.

A more positive future she knew would not last forever, but would always be worth fighting for.

"I'm going to ask Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble , my husband, to be with me on the station. Nothing gives me more strength than our bond and his support, so I'm going to need it." He wasn't as knowledgeable about the station and how it worked, but he was a powerful Jedi Master with a unique bond to her. He'd be able to help without a doubt.

"Many other Jedi will be scattered around Exegol, so your call will draw them in. Their combined assistance with us will truly be what makes the difference." She then paused once more and turned her gaze away, still with a soft smile lingering.

"I feel hopeful that we are going to succeed."

isthisavatarkindaiguessitsblueandwildwow.png

GENERAL RIDOR OF THE 222ND
OYOKAL || ESTABLISHED BEACH HEAD CAMP
|| Adric Rocheford Adric Rocheford ||

fwfqf.png
"All my life I've been more a soldier than a Jedi." Arcing her neck to the left, she felt the satisfying pop that she'd been aching for. It was rare to see Osarla in her fatigues, and not armour, but she couldn't get the right stretches done with all that plating.

And she was still fighting some of the residual bruisings after her run-in on Oyokal. Sion'd done so much for her, but she'd shooed him away at some point. The tips of her montrals were still taped up and the bruises on her ribs were yellowing around the edges beneath their bacta patches.

"And this war demanded a lot of soldiering." She continued, and rolled her shoulders. Jedi Master Rocheford had arrived to support the advance prior to their departure, and had lent a hand in setting up the camp and ensuring all the men had the proper supplies. Now, they were taking a moment to go back to some basic Jedi principles of movement, centring themselves before the coming storm.

The encampment that was set up was filled with soldiers and SIA agents prepared to depart from the beachhead and out to Exegol. The feeling that came with crossroads was palpable. And it was getting to Osarla, too.

That, and Sion Lorray Sion Lorray almost calling her mom.

"It's been a long time since I was a proper Jedi Master. And I'm concerned that, after Exegol, that might be what I'll need to be again." Sion had grown exponentially in the last few months. For the first several months under her tutelage, he'd been a fine student, but nothing remarkable. He just had an incredible tenacity to persevere and broaden her perspective.

She pineched her nose. "Havin' to relearn all that...and The Order again..after I dismissed 'em with the last decree post Coruscant."

But, with the rate of his change, and how quickly he was coming into his own, Osarla was concerned that with her split focus, she wouldn't be the Master he needed.

"My Padawan's not a soldier. But he's on track ot bein' more of a Jedi than I could hope tuh be."

New_GA1.png

5mbrFvG.png

THE WARDEN
THE NEW JEDI ORDER | PROSPERITY | MEDITATION SPHERE
div-goldiguess.png

Valery's mention of Khalil being someone close to her, and someone she trusted, stirred his heart. Asmundr had seen what awaited him on Exegol. Henna Ashina Henna Ashina knew what awaited him on Exegol, and how it would affect her to some extent — but he had not been so forward with his sun and stars.

"I would like to have Master San Tekka arrive with us on the station." Asmundr spoke quietly, thoughtfully. "I have seen his departure before the call, but to see him one last time would be..."

He closed his eyes, his shoulders sunk.

"The strength that I need to fulfill my duty and to hold on to that same degree of hope that you cultivate."

How many times had Asmundr saved Zark San Tekka Zark San Tekka , and how many times had Zark returned the favour? Over the years since Korriban, it was impossible to count. It was a shame the math would stop on Exegol.

Prosperity
div-orange.png
Outfit: Factory Link
Appearance: Link
Weapons:
Lightsaber
Tag: Asmundr Varobalder Asmundr Varobalder

"Of course," Valery said, her voice and expression softened now as well. She never really got to know Zark that well, but she respected him and knew that his assistance would make a huge difference. He was one of many pillars that others could always rely on when he was needed most, and this would be no exception.

Especially not for Asmundr, who expressed the man's importance for his hope for success. But Valery was far too empathic to overlook the more somber tones in his voice, and even within his presence in the Force.

As much as she'd like to ask, she respected his decision to keep some things to himself. "I'll leave inviting master San Tekka to you, and if there are others you'd like to join us, feel free to do so." Valery knew she had who she needed right there with her, and trusted him to select those he needed.

She then paused for a moment and ran a hand up through her hair, "I think that's all I had, but if you're hungry..." she began with a slight smirk, hoping to brighten up the atmosphere in the room a little. "...I think the kitchen is still open, so we could grab a bite and think about something other than Exegol for at least a few minutes."

That dark planet was on her mind far more than she'd like these days.

Osarla Ridor Osarla Ridor

He went through the movements easily.

Used to them now.

A part of him as much as he was a part of them.

Breathing in and then out. Two heart beats later he shifted his stance once more. Even still it was difficult to hold a conversation while focusing entirely on the stances. So each time Osarla breathed out Adric stepped in with a response. "Concerned?" Adric murmured gently as he stretched slowly and closed his eyes.

"Is a soldier not merely a conduit to overcome new challenges ahead? And as such, if Padawan Lorray presents you a new challenge... should you not be excited to meet it head-on?" The Jedi Master had learned a long time ago that the best way to shake out new wisdom was to provide questions. The kinds that made someone think deeply.

He shrugged finally.

"You treat your men like your children, consciously or unconsciously." This was fact. Adric had seen as much during their missions together. "But they are grown men and women and everything in between. Lorray is not. It is natural to see this and want to provide proper care for a child in your care, even if you have been used to being detached to the Jedi Order up until now."

Child was a relative term. Sion was about the same age that Adric had been when he first became a Jedi Knight.

"The Jedi have been forced in roles that we aren't suited for. We were never meant to be soldiers. But the newer generations have forgotten this. They are eager to fight, to wage war for the Light. It's... concerning, but I am heartened not all the young ones are like that. Yes?"

Tallara's blaster snapped up a split second before the door opened behind her; she kicked herself for having missed the door -- until she looked at it a little closer and realized why. The door was thick, well-insulated. It had the same exterior duracrete sheen to it, and the lines that ran across the wall ran perfectly across it too, placed such that they hid the door's hinges. Her HUD hadn't picked anything up. Was this what they had been missing the whole time?

The Jedi acted first, subduing the man with a mind trick. He didn't look the part of a criminal -- work overalls, a dirty white sweater, a heavy toolbelt. Not that there was a particular dress code for low-lives. Maybe they hadn't been expecting company. Or... was this man not part of the Metalsmith's Guild? They couldn't risk it.

She grabbed the door and opened it further so she could see the other two without being exposed to the room inside, then started signalling.

Flash. Stun. I'm first. Right. Sable. Left. Jedi. Center. 5.

She flicked her blaster's setting to stun, then grabbed a flash grenade off her belt.

"K'ert? You good?" She primed the flash.

"Yeah, I know 'em."

She threw it inside and moved in quickly to follow up.

The hiss of the door caught the Dark Operator by surprise too. Not by much, but it was enough to confirm his suspicions about the structure they were currently within. His tech worked fine in clear line of sight. Heartbeat sensor worked fine with the faint beeps of his two teammates just fine. An unidentified signature indicated by the increase in volume of the tracking was what caught him slightly off guard, and went to show that the walls were either too thick or outright interfered with his sensor tech.

By the time it swung open he was caught on the other side from Tallara as the Jedi sprung into action. He'd have to give the Padawan some credit, she was quick on her feet to buy some time for them both to get set for the advance. Maybe the third time was the charm after all. It would be then just as he heard the voice of some Alliance trooper giving a report of shuttlecraft making an approach to the general region of their AO. He'd give the heads up to the other two, but. That had to wait if they didn't catch it.

Already stacked and set for the breach, rifle tucked in close at a high-ready now Sable was bracing for the signal. If there was anything that Dark Ops drilled into you, close quarters combat was trained until it was muscle memory. So much so that he already knew the approach they would be making just as the flashbang was prepped by the agent across from him. Already he had his bucket prep itself to counter the effect the moment he'd breach.

"Hey man, I don't recognize-"

Execute.

The moment Tallara stormed the room would be right as he flowed in. An effortless maneuver that almost made him seem like he was gliding in for the kill, just as the flashbang went off. The bucket had deafened the sound just before detonation, and his visor was easily able to dampen the effect as he could barely hear the panicked, confused shouting of the trio of workers. Nothing so different than what was the norm in these types of breaches.

In a manner of speaking, the flashbang was practically louder than his rifle. Old even by Sable's standards, the Inserota Arms Combat Rifle Variant 14 was made in a time where rampant war consumed the galaxy. Dark Ops made exclusive use of this weapon due to the fact of it's integrally suppressed construction, making the bolts fired from this weapons platform sound like the hiss of a whisper and as if you were shooting miniature, invisible stars. The shots still gave off light, but only barely. The right tech or light sensitivity in some races could catch the rounds easily, but those weren't as common as you'd think. At least, back in his day.

So when the muzzle of his weapon traced from the immediate dead space onward the wall towards a worker who was blinded from the flash and wearing earmuffs, the shots were barely able to be discerned as the Dark Operator plugged two stun bolts into the man. Both landed center mass within two seconds of having entered the room, and the next second later the worker crashed and slumped back against the wall in his forcefully administered unconscious state. He got lucky. Most usually didn't get to live to see what came after the bang.

To say this was straight up overkill couldn't be anymore right when you compared the two sides in this point of contact. After clearing his space of the room Jaqu'n shifted forward, scanning over the rest of it while trailing down his wall. He'd assist Tallara if need be, then Xashe in subsequent order if that was what needed doing. But honestly, the Dark Operator was expecting a swift takedown overall. If the assistance was needed, he'd support, though he had enough faith that they didn't exactly need it for this simple takedown.

silverservers.png

OBJECTIVE II: Negotiations at Gunpoint
ENTRANCE OF THE FACILITY

MISSION: GUARD THE TUNNEL ENTRANCE

Jaqu'n Boiv Jaqu'n Boiv | Tallara Tallara | Xashe Tistya Xashe Tistya

They were out of time before they even knew what hit them. These weren't any kind of ordinary criminals, but ones that had gained the upperhand in this scenario. Twin Snowpeeders, painted grey and heavily modified, screamed across the open space, and disgorged their missiles like angry wasps for the kill. The E-web flashed once and then twice, before the emplacement was obliterated in a torrent of smoke and earth. It spiked upwards, like a sickly flower blossoming with death and smoke.

Her ears rung, and she knew Tal would be just as deaf. Someone grabbed her by the pack of her ruck and shoved her down. It was one pf her squad mates, screaming something incoherent. After a shake of her head, she fought the swimming vision and tapped her ears.

"CANT HEAR YOU!"

She couldn't even hear herself. She could see, though. She glanced left, glanced right and then shot her eyes to the sky. The enemy speeders were coming around for another pass. They had the jump on them, even with earthworks they were exposed. She grabbed the Corporal, Brek his name was, and shook him hard to get his attention.

She motioned to the comm link and then the hole.

One hand scooped her rifle, picked up her rifle, eyes sweeping for Tal. Then she grimaced. Tal had been hit again, and this time was actually bleeding. This was no sim. The Command team was off site in a TOC several miles away. It was her call. She thought back to the academy and her cadre.

No call is worse than a bad call....

Gotta get em in a choke point, steal the advantage back.....

"All positions, all hands, AO Besh, Collapse back, prepare to seal the hole to a one humanoid diameter, you grab the other side!"

The troopers fell back in orderly fashion. She reached down and clamped onto the aqualish Staff Sergeants harness, then dragged with her partner until they got him to the entrance.

"Private Drax, get me a med bag. You two, put pressure on his wound. Corporal, give me the headcount and oversee that choke point creation."

A
plastic bandage wrapper tore under her savage bite, opening the wound module in her offhand.

"Almost there buddy."

Last edited:

Tarish Galland

T

wowsopretty.png

GADividerRed.png
WEARING: Burial Raiment, Force Talisman
WIELDING: Artifice & Probity
FLYING: Z-97u-S Headhunter
TAGS: Felix Gynt Felix Gynt Sion Lorray Sion Lorray

He shook Felix's hand, mindful of his grip with the crushgaunts in the armor he wore. His addition after the comparison making Tarish clear his throat.

"Guess I'm it then. The Order, or at least parts of it, are working with me on reinstatement and uh, other things. Complicated situation. Above board though." He explained as vaguely as he could with worrying those present.

While it wasn't a topic that was hush hush. His exact nature wasn't exactly a thing he wanted padawans to worry about.

Even with the topic he maintained a quiet mind and clean slate of emotions. Or at least he tried to. A half-hearted smile given to Felix and Sion.

Even he couldn't escape the tinge of sorrow that emerged from thinking about what he might have missed out on. What path might have changed had he not-

Mentally shaking himself from the dangerous path in his own mind, he washed the thought down with forced cheer.

"Don't miss that. Granted my experiences with cleaning duty usually had something to do with causing a bit of mischief rather than being adrift. We'll see about getting you out more often." His demeanor hesitant about giving a solid answer with his own circumstances.

Amani was right on seeking the NJO for seeking a way to build his own path forward. He just wasn't sure still how he would be recieved. Or if that was a justified concern for him to have.

While he didn't display any singular emotion in those short musings. Turmoil, worry, and longing were all present for a brief time as they walked the short distance.

"Around the bend and through the woods, to the tenders hut we... arrive." His own bit of humor thrown in as Sion gave the run down. He clicked his tongue, looking around before addressing them both.

"Senses open. Don't hesitate to call out. And keep your saber on your hip unless it's trying to eat you," His explanation bordering on teasing before he continued."Sion's got the barn. Felix, you take the hut. I'll have a look around outside."

He made to walk away, Helmet on his hip and cradled by a hand curled inside it before spinning on his heel.

"Do not. Wander off. By yourself. For any. Reason. Sound off before wandering off." His final words before donning the helmet, moving cautiously towards the center of the clearing to leave them to their search and scanning the ground as he went for tracks not their own.

New_GA1.png

5mbrFvG.png

THE WARDEN
THE NEW JEDI ORDER | PROSPERITY | MEDITATION SPHERE
div-goldiguess.png

Despite himself, Asmundr chuckled.

"Best not to let our future consume our present." He nodded once, and pat his belly. It was still fluffy after all the delicious sugary treats he'd consumed from the last Life Day.

He hadn't the motivation to work it off quite yet. And he didn't mind the extra padding around his hips.

"I'll follow your lead Master Noble — my greatest appetite has never been for knowledge, but of something much more readily satiating."

isthisavatarkindaiguessitsblueandwildwow.png

GENERAL RIDOR OF THE 222ND
OYOKAL || ESTABLISHED BEACH HEAD CAMP
|| Adric Rocheford Adric Rocheford ||

fwfqf.png
A new challenge was a novel thought. So much of her life had been devoted to overcoming challenges, but they were of a more violent nature. Being a proper Jedi Master was not to embrace violence.

That was what she was struggling with, if she scrutinized herself accurately.

It was a good thing Osarla's natural skintone was reddish, for she could feel the furious flush on her skin. The idea of treating soldiers of war as children was both abominable as it was half-expected from someone of her nature. Under all that crust and rock, was a melty mush of warmth at her core.

"I wouldn't know," Osarla admitted honestly to the last open question.

She sighed, and drew and arm across her chest, only to level out her arms on either side in a T-formation. She lunged to the side and held the pose for a few beats. "The relationships I have with the new generation are...only vicarious through my Padawan. They sound more traditional and studious than those who were students during the Stygian Campaign, however."

Her eyes closed.

"I should know, though. How can I prepare Sion for what he needs tuh be if I don't know what's going on in his day to day?"

When she straightened again, she groaned, not because of the stretch but because of the predicament. "How have you felt, re-acclimating to an Order that's not what you knew?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom