Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A time for revelry and drink! (Invite only)

"Please. Razor here's a work of art, and I'm the artist. Any and all revisions are done by me. And I doubt your engineers even know how to handle this thing," she quipped. She doubted it of course -- Kelsie wasn't exactly a qualified engineer or mechanic per se, but she knew her way around starships, especially ones from her time. Her YT-1300 was a magnum opus. Still, she didn't mind Luna's little jab.

The young woman took her time studying the armor as well, flicking off a few specks of dust that had settled on the set on the opposite side of the little armory. She suddenly regretted having left her squad's skeletons on Binaros -- and of course Evalyn's body was frozen somewhere on Hoth's equator.

"Well, you're in luck, commander, because there's no one like me in the galaxy." She grinned to the redhead, then turned back to the armor. There wasn't anymore, at least. She took the helmet off its hanger and looked into the green little eyes it held, quietly thinking over what Luna said. She could be useful again. Serve again. Maybe make a difference, or at least have some fun murdering a few evil people. But a home... "Home is where the heart is," she muttered, staring at the helmet. "I'll have to find someplace to put my heart, I guess. Take it out of this dusty old closet and put it to use for once."

Her fingers moved over the sides of the helm, touching on the little buttons she'd once used to adjust the variety of systems stored inside. Finally they rested on a miniature storage compartment -- usually it stored the recordings of whatever the helmet saw when it was in use. Kelsie instinctively pushed it, and the compartment popped open... and a small data chip fell out, clattering onto the floor. On its side there was a piece of tape, with the name "Kelsie" written on it. The young woman was frozen for a few seconds before she scooped it up, putting the helmet back onto its hanger and keeping the data chip tightly in her hand. She recognized the handwriting, and couldn't believe she hadn't checked earlier.

[member="Luna Terrik"]

Eternal Finesse

E
ezgif-2-28fd6599c674.gif

On the battlefield and in the heart of a mission there was little time to talk of families or homes, and even less time to share stories of them. Whilst the night was meant to allow the Dauntless chance to relax and recuperate, it also offered the opportunity to get to know their fellow soldier. Together they to welcome two new recruits into their ranks, showing them that the Dauntless was not only a well oiled machine but a community too.

For once, the Rebellious Hawk was filled with sounds not of combat but of joy. The souls housed within its metal frame were not soldiers that night, but people. Many things were shared between them. Stories of daring battlefield bravado, wild laughter only accentuated by alcohol, and conversation that for once did require their solemnity. The weight of the Confederacy slipped from the Dauntless' shoulders. Commander and commanded sat at the same table and shared the same wine.

The merry making lasted well into the night, with everyone enjoying their fair share of the fine alcohol provided by the Confederacy as a treat. Though it was only for a little while, a well deserved peace settled across the Rebellious Hawk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom