Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A time for revelry and drink! (Invite only)

ezgif-2-28fd6599c674.gif
OWOqRTs.png
Hundreds of hours on the battlefield, in training, or on duty wore on a solider. They wore him or her down to the bone, where the armor they wore eventually began to feel like a second skin they could never take off. They would spend time with their brothers and sisters in arms, yes, but always had to be vigilant and it was hard for true bonds of friendship and trust to be formed on a battlefield where those same people could die from anything from a stray laser blast to an exploding land mine.
So when those moments came where a distress signal wasn’t being broadcasted, or a battle want’ needing to be fought, the Dauntless took their relaxation seriously with an air of necessity. Having just completed successful operations on Doldur, Copero, Zonmira, and many other planets for the CIS, it was well past time to find a quiet part of the galaxy to sit and drink. Finding that corner of the galaxy was not easy, but the four Hellspear frigates eventually found themselves somewhere between Rodia and Geonosis, floating in the ever vastness of space.
Most of the Dauntless commandos would be spending their free time on the Rebellious Hawk, since it was well known that the commander of the Dauntless, Luna Terrik, always made sure the best drink managed to make their way onto her ship. It was a running joke that just so happened to also prove true.
For now, while the ships floated in endless space, in the small moments where they were not needed anywhere, the Dauntless would relax and let go. Drink would be passed around the mess halls, the simulator room fully operational for some quick rounds of target practice, and chairs would be pulled up in common rooms where squads and squadmates could gather around and reveal in the stories of days gone by.
During this time, new recruits, such as [member="Kahlil Zambrano"] and [member="Kelsie Sylvan"] would meet with the commander of the Dauntless on the bridge of the frigate to figure out where they might fit and find their roll within the esteemed group of commandos. From there, it would not be uncommon to see the redheaded flightless angel herself stop by the mess hall to enjoy some of the good drink that had coincidentally found it’s way onto her ship.
OWOqRTs.png
Men and women of Dauntless, we have had so many threads of us fighting together and sharing our lives on the battlefield. This is not a time for that, for this is a time of getting to know each other and developing some IC relations with out characters. Have a drink, converse with each other, maybe even go to the ship’s shooting range. This is a big BYOO thread for socializing within the Dauntless. Have fun, and Luna will be joining with the partying shortly.
[member="Allya Vi'Dreya"], @Sarge, [member="Damsy Callat"], [member="Pei Ven"], [member="Lucius Crane"], [member="Symara Tarriq"], [member="Zavek Ambrose"], [member="Ethan Winters"], [member="Lis'Ra Fennick"], [member="Rato Hus"], [member="Kahlil Zambrano"], [member="Kelsie Sylvan"]

"Jeez, my blood's still pumping," Kelsie said with a grin to her shipmate. "I've been out of it so long, I just... forget how fun it is sometimes!" It was true, the past day's events were like a vacation for her. A mission after so long, and now? Perhaps a chance to do more. She wanted to take that chance... but she wasn't quite convinced. And she wasn't quite sure if she wanted Kahlil to take that chance. "Nice job on the signaling, by the way, keeping quiet. Beeping doesn't catch as much attention if the enemy is tapped into your comms, especially in a firefight." Still, she did trust that Kahlil had enough skills to do it if he wanted to. Sticking around her obviously rubbed off on her.

Her freshly-cleaned combat boots thumped against the metal floor of the hallway as the pair walked up towards the bridge. She wasn't quite sure why she was going there, really, but she did know that whoever was in command had to be at least slightly impressed by her skills. After all, who wouldn't be? She knew she could impress just about anyone. Kinda made her want to continue impressing these commandos, she knew they at least mildly impressed her.

They finally reached the door of the bridge, and Kelsie paused for a moment and took a deep breath. Who knew what she might be thinking? Could be anything, really. Maybe she was wishing she were down at the bar. She was probably wishing she was down at the bar. But in any case she finally stepped forward, the doors sliding open to let her onto the bridge. "So, where's this commander at?" She asked loudly.

[member="Kahlil Zambrano"] [member="Luna Terrik"]

"Ah, yeah." Beside [member="Kelsie Sylvan"] the 6'8" Epicanthix walked with his hands in his back pockets. He certainly didn't seem to find the whole thing as enjoyable as his shipmate, but he was pleased with the amount of people they saved. "I saw some of my troops do that when I was back in the Empire. It made it far easier for them during stealth missions." He smiled none the less at the praise. He had learned quite a lot.

Kahlil's reason for being here wasn't the same as his companion though. He was here to see an old friend, one he hadn't expected to run into in that blood bath of all places. Though, given their history, he should have. The ex-Sith wanted to show off his new skills and how much all of his hard work had payed off so far! Course, once he stepped into the room with the other Commandos he couldn't feel any more out of place.

Regardless of how strong he had gotten, he still seemed like the weak boy Allya met all those months ago. Nervously he began scratching at his chin, surveying the crowd.

[member="Luna Terrik"] [member="Allya Vi'Dreya"]

Allya was a strange bird in the Dauntless. A Sith Mandalorian, whose classification was Jedi Hunter. She has spent her entire life learning to hunt down the most dangerous of prey, she knew it in and out, how to corner a force user, how to corner massive monsters, pretty much anything. However, she ran away from the Knights Obsidian. There is no other way to put it. She forced distance between herself, and her family who ran most of the CIS. Her administrative abilities had been honed by [member="Darth Tacitus"] himself, as he taught her efficiency, how to run a planet, how to run a military, and to do everything that needed to be done. He was one of the first to see her mind and how it worked, and he honed it to a fine edge. She brought this to the Dauntless. At fifteen, Allya oversaw almost all administrative work. Luna was brilliant in combat, beautiful, strong, cunning, and a powerful leader, but frankly, she couldn't run the day to day to save her life. Allya could, with frightening efficiency. It's why the CIS had tapped her to oversee the entirety of this new foolish border patrol scheme that had cooked up.

Fun fact, every ship in the Dauntless fleet, from the large Destroyers, to these smaller more mobile Frigates were designed with the same base layout. The reason for this was two fold, and both caused by the same singular feature. See, Luna, when off the clock, was very ditzy, she tended to get lost very easily, and Allya herself liked consistency, it made her feel more at ease. So, when Allya and Luna designed the Hellspars and the Angelic Fury, they put in the same basic floor plan. Allya and Luna's rooms were close by, the same identical shape and size and layout regardless of which ship they were on, always the same distance from the medbay, the hangers and bridge (Well, more the same ratio of distance, when you took into account bigger and smaller sizes). Luna had a wonderful commanders quarters. Allya however, had given herself nothing more than a glorified broom closet, she always made sure the Captain of the ship had a larger room than she. It helped stop issues. But more importantly it helped remind her she wasn't Home. Her house was another Starship, it was easy to forget where she was. The tiny size of the room reminded her. The room was mostly a bed, with an armor and weapons rack, and a workbench. Oh and a small private refresher. It helped, it really helped.

She took the white Mandalorian helmet from the rack, and placed it over her head. Work was done for now, and Luna had commanded her to go socialize. Allya had trouble with that. She was a teenager on a ship full of adults, and frankly, one of the only force users. No one else felt what she felt, or saw what she saw. She did her job efficiently, she followed orders, she kept everything going, she made sure Luna had all the alcohol on the ships she wanted, and that each division had all the right equipment and so much more. What she didn't do, was open up much. She never appeared without her armor and helmet on.

Her helmet was soon latched onto place, and she nodded. Weapons were ready, armor was ready, she booted up the systems. She hated it. True, she had a very close relationship with a large number of the clones. They were her friends. They protected her, and she them. Their relationship starts back on Kamino. She is one of the first faces they all got to know, as her studies frequently take her there, and her position in the Dauntless also has her overseeing their training, and creation. Her own Corporal, Crash, was like an older brother. Faithful and true. But, the Commandos themselves? Oh they scared her on a personal level. Sure she could outfight most of them, sure she could out think most of them. But it was also true, that most of them were double her age! Many had children her age!

Oh she loved Luna, that woman was a legend in Allya's eyes. She would do anything for her. But she could tell, that as much as Luna trusted her, the age issue got to her too. As did the fact that Allya knew about all the teddy bears that were in Luna's room. Because Allya was the one who designed the hidey hole for them, if Luna ever wanted some....company. Allya couldn't figure it out. She could run everything perfectly, she could control the fleets, run logistics, do all the paperwork, balance the laws, make it so Luna avoided endless meetings, and still, she was just the kid.

As Allya walked out of her broom closet, her mind wandered. It went to Jerek. He was on Kashyyk at the moment, being trained by the Jedi. She missed him, she snuck off to visit as much as she could, and even was trained a bit by them herself. It was a good way to learn control and focus. Still, she needed a true Dark Side Master, that wasn't someone like Adron who valued only his own agenda. Her uncle was amazing, and an ass. A big, glorified ass. His own interests were always first, and his apprentices were nothing more than tools to get it. Same with her father. Srina was cold, but she could do it objectively. But, Srina was also obsessed with the Sith ideals which Allya had trouble coming to terms with lately. Jerek had shown her far to much of the galaxy, and what it could hold, for her to bother wanting to be a god.

Maybe Lord Voph. He was a powerful force user, but she felt a kindred spirit in him. Someone who questioned the Sith ways, was still dark, and longed to protect things. She would try, what did she have to lose? Well, her life when dealing with Sith, but that was literally her every day walking. It's one of the reasons she joined the Dauntless in the first place. She wanted to get away from Sith Politics.

The white beskar'garmed girl entered the bridge, to check on things before she headed to the mess hall, her mind still in a haze. However, at this close, there was very little that could disguise that presence. Head came up, and she walked over to one of the new recruits. “Kahlil? Is that you? What brings you here? Did you join up with the Dauntless?” The girl's voice was confused, but happy. This man was perhaps one of the closer beings in the universe to her. Someone who grasped the very confused core of what it meant to be the child of one of the most powerful beings in the galaxy, and everything that went with it.

[member="Kahlil Zambrano"]
[member="Kelsie Sylvan"]
[member="Luna Terrik"]

Kahlil blinked at the sudden familiar voice. He wasn't planning on meeting [member="Allya Vi'Dreya"] right off the bat. The young man turned his head, glancing to the armored female. "Ah, yeah. Kelsie and I have been traveling doing some jobs but after Doldur well.. At least this way I can do something to help people." He let out a nervous laugh. Seemed kinda lame now that he said it out loud.

"But uh, this is what you do? I figured you'd be more in the Sith field then actual commandos."

[member="Kelsie Sylvan"] [member="Luna Terrik"]

Objective: Get to the drinking quickly
Wearing: Dauntless downtime gear
Tags: [member="Allya Vi'Dreya"] [member="Kahlil Zambrano"] [member="Kelsie Sylvan"]

Jepei1u.png

It took a few more minutes from when the recruits showed up on the bridge for the commander to appear. It all honesty, it was because she was still recovering from the pain of the Doldur. Replacing the bacta patches then hiding them with her shirt or pants had been the normal for Luna for a long time. The only time she had allowed herself to be seen hurt or hurting was after Eshan, when that massive piece of durosteel had knocked her out cold. So in essence, she never really had a choice on that one.

Placing the final bacta patch in it’s place, Luna slowly stood from her chair in the office, proceeding to walk out and straight onto the bridge, where her office space was conveniently located. Thankfully enough, the two recruits were already on the bridge, making it so that Luna didn’t have to go looking for them. It was too easy to get lost on these blasted big ships, and it made her wonder just how easily the recruits had gotten to the bridge.

Also standing there was her adjunct, who was still, oddly, in her white armor. Luna thought it was just a defensive mechanism so she wouldn’t have to interact too much with the other Dauntless, who would be quite drunk in the mess hall. The struggles that came with being a 15 year old adjunct on a ship full of older, more experienced fighters.

The commander of the Dauntless, fiery red hair tied up into a tight bun that sat on top of her head, strode over to the trio, giving them all a full grin, and patting Allya on the shoulder. She addressed her guests and hopeful new recruits first, knowing it was common curtesy. “Have you been entertaining the new recruits while they had to wait?”

She turned to them, continuing to grin widely. She was genuinely happy that the pair had decided to take her offer and possibly join up with the Dauntless. After the last few excursions, not that you would hear Luna admit it, they were beginning to get a little short handed and could use all the help they could get. “And you two..I’m glad to see you took the offer of coming and learning some more about what we do, as well as possibly joining up. What you did on Doldur was impressive. Really, it’s a lot of what were looking for.”

Jepei1u.png

will you sink down to me?
teal1.png
Form: Humanoid Equipment: Trident (collapsed) + sidearm / Outfit \ Leg exoskeletons
Tags: [member="Iapo Sim"] + open to interaction
Damsy stood on the bridge near the port side of the viewfinder, preoccupied as she spacegazed. Even out of hyperspace the dark vacuum reminded her of the deep sea abyss, and, if she blocked out the relatively bright lights around her, she could see quite a ways out into the nothingness. Her eyes had gotten a little more used to the light after being land-based for so long now, but this–the lack of light–was what she was naturally used to.

It was more than a little comforting, actually. Damsy hadn't set foot in an ocean in months now and she missed it, not that she ever particularly looked forward to shifting into her merform. In addition, she missed Naroh Se and Trinj. She'd have to ask Luna for the leave time in order to visit soon.

With a heavy sigh, Damsy shook her head and turned to walk to a nearby bar. She had made much progress since the days preceding the Copero offensive. A new suit of armor had been made for her, better tailored to support her weak, cartilage-boned legs not made for prolonged bouts of action, but obviously she wasn't wearing that whole get up now. It was time she relax. Shed that second skin. Instead, the sithspawn was wearing the mach two of Allya's original exoskeletons around her entire legs, thigh to foot, which worked just as well as the other option.

As she neared the counter, she spotted the commander talking to two new recruits, and smiled. New blood? Good; she wouldn't have the title anymore, though she still would probably be the clumsiest outside of her correcting braces.

teal1.png

"Woah, chill it big red." Kelsie largely ignored the interaction between Kahlil and the other young woman on the bridge. She was more focused on the task at hand -- negotiating the best deal for herself if these commandos wanted to be part of her posse. "I already get the job, it was basically mine for most of my life, except less..." She paused, then gestured to the whole bridge and the apparent 'excess' of crew and soldiers in her eyes. Why send in a hundred soldiers when you could do the job with six? If only she'd had her squad here...

She paused and took a moment to calm herself. She had a rather big ask for this commander, and being a little too condescending might cost her dearly. So instead she gave a perfect smile to Luna, looking her over again before giving a 'nervous' laugh. "Sorry, still a little pumped after all that. Do you wanna grab a drink with me? Tends to ease the nerves pretty quickly."

Really she wanted to get her into a more informal setting where just the two of them could talk, and she could use her training to help her out a little. She didn't want Kahlil listening in, really -- she wasn't sure what his reaction would be to her effectively throwing away her pay for dangerous work, especially if it was for him. But it was necessary.

"Shall we?" She asked, stepping aside and gesturing to the exit, looking rather expectantly at Luna -- but in a friendly way.

[member="Kahlil Zambrano"] [member="Luna Terrik"] [member="Allya Vi'Dreya"]

As the armored Mandalorian talked to the former Sith she shook her head. A hand came to rest on her hip, and she sighed. “I'm...Sith, because I was raised such. However, my father is the vicelord, and my Uncle is the leader of the Knights Obsidian, our Force User branch. Honestly, I think everyone was surprised I asked for this position. But, I helped design the ships. The armor, the weapons, even the clones we use. When it came down to it, this was more who I am. I am a Mandalorian first, Sith second. I was raised to fight Jedi, but...as you've seen I fell in love with one. My entire existence is a bit up in the air. I wanted away from the oversight of my father, and uncles. I wanted a chance to be me, to fight alongside my people. At their SIDE, not above them. I'm technically the Adjudant, the second in Command of the Dauntless. But, if you want to know WHY I joined the Dauntless? Why I fight for it tooth and nail? Well, you will see in a moment.”

As Luna entered the bridge Allya called out. “Commander on the bridge!” She saluted crisply. As Luna's hand touched her armored shoulder she nodded., “Yes Ma'am. I've done my best until you could arrive.” Her voice was filled with pride. Not pride in herself, but pride in the one she served. Luna had her flaws, and still may fight the thought that Allya was a child, but. There was none other who would have treated her so well, who would have placed so much on her shoulders, would have relied on her so much. Luna had her loyalty till the ends of the galaxy. Even with all the weird things Luna made her do.

Kelsie sooned asked Luna for drinks, and blinked. Was the woman flirting with Luna? I mean, people did. Commandos, even some of the Clones. It was one of the benefits of being so much younger than everyone else. She didn't really have to worry about people trying. The ones that did, well, the airlock wasn't far away. However, it was then her eyes went onto Damsy, and the girl had bite her lower lip to keep from squealing out. SIS! The younger soldier, did in fact bounce on her toes for a second before she caught herself, and calmed down. “Good day Damsy. How are you?”

[member="Kelsie Sylvan"] | [member="Damsy Callat"] | [member="Luna Terrik"] | [member="Kahlil Zambrano"]

TG6tIB6.gif
Tags: [member="Allya Vi'Dreya"] [member="Kahlil Zambrano"] [member="Kelsie Sylvan"]

Jepei1u.png

Luna couldn’t help but smile lightly in the woman’s direction at her enthusiasm and pep. It wasn’t something she got to see too much anymore, outside of perhaps Damsy. Too many people seeing too many friends and comrads dying beside them to have that joy taken from them. It would be nice to have that around again, if the woman wanted to be. Luna certainly wouldn’t say no to it.

The question if they wanted to move to a more informal setting caught the commander off guard a bit, having planned to have drinks and a sit down, more formal interview in her office. Though, she certainly wouldn’t mind being around her men quicker. She was sure there would be somewhere in the mess hall that the group could grab drinks and still be within relative privacy. With a nod, Luna extended her hand toward the door before making her way toward it. “Follow me, then. All the good booze should be still around. Unless the men have drank it all already.”

It took a few minutes, which would have probably been shorter had Allya been leading the group, but eventually the group made their way into the mess hall. Full to the brim with commandos drinking their fill, it would take a few more minutes until they were able to find a table relatively out of the way of everyone else so they could speak. Luna obviously took a while longer to find her seat at the table, having to salute and exchange pleasantries with many of the men and women in various states of drunkedness before finally setting into her seat.

One of her sergeants, D’rea, was kind enough to bring her and the group a 4 glasses of whatever ale was on the menu for the night. No one blinked an eye giving Allya a large glass of her own. If she was old enough to risk her life with the rest of them, she was old enough to knock back a glass. With her drink in hand, Luna’s eyes settled on the new recruit, smiling lightly at her. “Informal enough for you?”

Jepei1u.png

Kelsie's enthusiasm was an odd thing. She was a killer -- she likely had more confirmed kills than anyone on this ship. She'd fought, lost, been knocked down, and got right up again, her smile and laugh never fading. It was odd because she enjoyed such things. She wouldn't be able to justify killing someone if she didn't enjoy it. She was a creature of impulse now -- without orders she would do what she liked. And if that involved being a 'good guy', then so be it.

"If there's no booze I'm gonna knock some heads," the young woman commented, falling into step beside the redhead. Sometimes she wondered if she was an alcoholic... then she had another whiskey and forgot all about that.

She noticed that they took a few meaningless turns, and she assumed that Luna was... directionally impaired. So she took the opportunity to begin to memorize the layout of the ship, or at least the basics. It was an odd feeling... such a simple layout, devoid of crew as most had headed to the mess hall. It was a real party.

Kelsie smiled as she walked into the room, just keeping up that small amount of happiness as she wove through the crowd of commandos to the little table at the back of the room. She sat beside Luna, letting her take the outside seat, with Kelsie up against the wall. When their drinks arrived she blinked, noticing the other commando's drink was a little larger than hers. The girl was a Mandalorian, obviously, so she didn't dwell too much on it... but Kahlil's drink was snatched up as soon as it set down. "You're not drinking. You can go get some water with your friend at the bar," she said, motioning to the side of the room that normally held pans of hot food for soldiers. She then raised the glass to her lips and began to drain the amber liquid from it.

She was done by the time Luna asked her question. "Informal, sure. I mean, we could all be naked and drunk, but this is pretty good." She put down Kahlil's glass and took her own. "Anyways, I'd like to get to know you before I decide if you're worth my skills. This ale's making a good first impression, and you don't seem bad, but I want to know a little more about the Dauntless."

[member="Luna Terrik"] [member="Kahlil Zambrano"] [member="Allya Vi'Dreya"]

"A.. Ah?" Kahlil seemed bewildered as [member="Allya Vi'Dreya"] began a very long winded explanation on why she was a commando and not a Sith. It was.. More then he expected for a friendly reunion, but then again that was Allya in a nutshell. He gave her a patient smile as one of the trays came by. Ah, booze. Yes. He reached out to snatch it, aiming to chug it all down just as [member="Kelsie Sylvan"] snatched it from him.

He gave her a curious glance before he laughed. "I take it that means you're getting wasted. Ah well."

TG6tIB6.gif

Jepei1u.png

Luna’s emerald eyes followed as Allya and her supposed friend Kahlil started toward the bar to get some sort of refreshment that was suitable for them both. The redhead shrugged as she turned back to the woman sitting across from her. The commander had her own opinions on what was appropriate in terms of drinking age, but she certainly wasn’t about to sit across from a new recruit not under her command and tell her what to do.

Her answer had the redhead smirking lightly in response, giving a small roll of her eyes before bringing her own glass to her lips and swallowing a few gulps of the green colored liquid. Kelsie’s suggestion wasn’t unheard of. If the troops thought that some of their barracks escapades never got back to their commanders’ ears because there were few reprimands about it, then they would be sorely mistaken.

As for Kelsie’s question, however, it took a moment for Luna to come up with an answer that felt appropriate. Another swig of her drink down her throat, then set on the table and set to the side far enough that Luna could lean her arms against the table without any sort of chance of knocking down her glass. With a clearing of throat to clean the last remnants of the alcohol away, she spoke in a conversational tone.

“The short answer? We’re whatever the confederacy needs us to be.” With a look off the side, watching the troops conversate with their brothers and sisters in arms, the longer answer came to Luna’s mind rather quickly. “For your long answer..we’re a brotherhood. You have your commandos, the elite troops so to speak. And your troopers, engineers, pilots, and everything in between. We’re a brotherhood that can be deployed anywhere we need to be. If the Confederacy needs a riot stopped, we can be there. They need a landing point secured for future missions? Been there.” The redhead reached over to take a small swig of her drink before setting it back down and focusing back on the recruit. “You’ll never get bored, I can tell you that. You’ll see more planets, more battles in your first few months than you can count. But if you join up? Every single person in this room has your back. They will pull you out of a fire without any thought to their own safety.”

One of her ungloved fingers reached up to the left side of her head, pushing aside the red hair to reveal a long scar that extended past the middle of her temple. “They did for me. On Eshan. Got hit with a piece of shrapnel from a star destroyer crash, knocked me out cold. I woke up in a bacta tank with no memory of how I got there. Apparently some rookie trooper saw me get hit, dragged me, with a broken ankle of her own, mind you, to one of the closet shuttles. [member="Iapo Sim"] had been a Dauntless for a week and a half up to that point. Being a part of this is just…different.”

Jepei1u.png

The other redhead watched her friend and the Mandalorian head off, taking a small sip of the green booze. She listened intently to Luna -- a brotherhood. The bonds formed on the battlefield were stronger than steel. Part of her missed that... a small tug in the back of her mind told here these could be good people to form those bonds with. And of course she was tempted by the idea of never being bored again... letting loose and killing a few losers was one of her favourite pastimes.

But Kelsie had other things to think about, namely taking care of her friend Kahlil. High maintenance young man after all. And if she were to join up, would she be able to have the same trust these commandos would have in her? She couldn't imagine having that connection again. The young woman's eyes sparkled in the dim light of the mess hall as she looked at the Dauntless commander. There was a bit of forlorn sadness in her expression, but she began speaking without any real hesitation. "Sounds... well, sounds like something I can do."

She leaned forward and reached up towards the other woman's scar, not quite touching it, her face riddled with a half-concerned expression. She was feeling a little emotional now, perhaps it wasn't the best time to be negotiating a job contract. Then again, if this woman was to be her comrade in arms, she should start off by being real. "That's a rough scar..."

The young woman paused before leaning back in her seat. "I've run ops for almost six years... my squad had a few scars, I got lucky. I got nothing." She shrugged. "I'm not a rookie so I don't know how well I'll gel with your people. But you seem alright, and I wouldn't mind doing some work with you. I need some guarantees, though."

"I don't do front line combat. I won't fight other factions. You can put me on the dangerous missions, hell, I could go solo on a lot of operations if you need me to. I'll stick around as long as you need me. My freighter will stay as well, and I'll take leave time occasionally. Other than that, I'll work for free... though I might need a favour or two later. And I'm not wearing clone armor."

[member="Luna Terrik"]

She turned and faced Kahlil and shook her head, she shook her head a bit. “I talk a lot. My apologies.” The small teen bit her tongue and leaned on the bar, where she ordered Kahlil another drink. “Here, take this. If she tries to take it again, it's now theft of a gift. If you are old enough to fight, you are old enough to drink.” Allya took off her helmet and placed it on the counter top as she stood there. Gloved hand took the drink, she stared at it for a bit. "Oya'cye, Kyr'am, Mare'cye, Darasuum.” She grinned. “OYA! OYA!”

From around the room, several of the troopers, the clones especially raised up their glasses. “OYA! OYA!” The small Mandalorian grinned even wider at this, before she downed her drink. “So tell me, Kahlil, what is it you want in all this? Do you really want this? It's a life unlike anything you've known. We are a family, and we fight for things much bigger than ourselves. We are not the Jedi, we are not selfless, but we are called to protect, and to lay down our lives at a moment's notice. Is this something you want, or a passing fancy? Just something you got dragged into?”

Slightly pink lips press together, and she looks over at the Sith child. “Though, are YOU okay to be doing this? Your father and all? Are you safe? Do you need help?” Her voice got much quieter, so that it wouldn't travel across the room.

[member="Kelsie Sylvan"]
[member="Luna Terrik"]
[member="Kahlil Zambrano"]

TG6tIB6.gif

Jepei1u.png

To her right, she could hear Kahlil and Allya having their own conversation. She seemed to have taken to the younger man quickly, so Luna would allow that to continue. It was obvious that Kelsie was the one truly calling the shots in their crew. And as the woman reached up to try and run her finger down the scar, Luna noticed the concerned look on her face. Something that spoke more volumes than perhaps even Kelsie realized. It showed she cared for those that faced combat, which meant that Luna might be able to trust her with some of her own men.

Hearing that the woman had run ops for over 6 years was encouraging, and as Luna leaned back in her own seat, slowly sipping from her glass of alcohol, she listened intently at all she had to say. Giving a wave of her hand at the geling portion, she quickly interjected with a quick, “Don’t worry about that. We could find some men and women crazy enough to follow you on ops. They would follow your word like it was from me.” She then returned to her drinking, continuing to listen as the woman continued to outline her contract.

When she got to the demands portion, Luna couldn’t help but smirk lightly as they were listed off. This woman was smart, and knew exactly how to get what she wanted. Looking her up and down, the commander took one last swig of her glass before setting it aside, proceeding to lean back onto the table with her forearms once again. “Alright, counter offer time. I agree to letting you run an ops squad. We need more people like you. I will, however tell you that there is always a possibility you could get dragged into some front line combat, though I will never explicitly assign you to that. We both know how war goes, and sometimes random things happen. We roll with the punches and move forward.”

Luna’s smirk widened lightly before continuing to the final two pieces. “I wouldn’t expect someone of your skill level to work for free. As for the armor…you won’t have to wear a full suit. Though I can have one made specifically for you if wanted. I will, however, you to wear certain pieces, just so we can keep track of your time in the field.”

With the major parts addressed, Luna leaned back, opening her arms while still smirking lightly, giving a wink in the direction of the ops woman. “How about that? Thoughts?”

Jepei1u.png

Kelsie had cared very much for a great many things. She hated the feeling of loss, grief, and regret -- she was basically trying to distract herself from those feelings by joining the Dauntless, and at the same time she hoped to save others from such feelings. Her thoughts wandered to the girl that Kahlil had saved.

She was quickly brought back to the present though, and gave a short chuckle at the comment. "I'd rather not have crazy people following me around, but I can make do." Her squadmates had been a little crazy all those years ago -- just enough crazy. Maybe she wanted that again, but she knew it'd never be the same. That brought a deep sadness to her core. The young woman stayed neutral and took another sip of her drink.

The young woman listened closely to what Luna had to say, giving a small nod as she considered it. "I can run a squad, for sure. I'm good with anyone, really, but I'm sure that some of the more experienced members wouldn't like a new girl showing up and leading them. I can help out training some new commandos, that'd probably be better." Kelsie wasn't all that confident in her teaching skills, but if she could turn a nerd like Kahlil into a gunslinging spacer she could turn a few rookies into the best squad in the Dauntless.

"It just always looked so uncomfortable," she muttered. What idiot would ever wear white on the battlefield? For Imperials it was acceptable, after all they were more often trying to intimidate people than fight them. "Know what, I'll show you my armor." Kelsie grinned back at her possible new boss as she started to get to her feet. "Wanna head to the hangar?" This time, she'd lead the way there, she didn't want to waste too much time not drinking.

[member="Luna Terrik"] [member="Kahlil Zambrano"] [member="Allya Vi'Dreya"]

TG6tIB6.gif

Objective: See Kelsies “armor”

Jepei1u.png

Luna’s eyes betrayed her deep state of thought at the idea of Kelsie training new commandos. The idea actually made a lot of sense. Give the girl a group of rookies to work with, make her training them would reap big rewards. Not only would they bond together greatly through the roughness of training, but Kelsie would also learn to trust them knowing that she had been the one to put them through it all.

Finishing off the final bit of her drink, Luna leaned forward once more, nodding in the direction of the former captain. “Alright…I like the idea. Give you a group of greenies to work with, mold them into something you’re looking for. But I get to assign to you one of my more trusted sergeants as your right, er..” Green eyes flashed over to where Kahlil was sitting, speaking Luna’s own right hand woman. “Your left hand man. It’ll give you even more experience, plus someone who can help you out with how we do things in the Dauntless.”

She let her words hang in the air momentarily before leaning back, allowing Kelsie to take the conversation wherever she pleased. The comment about the armor had the redhead shrugging with a smirk, interjecting quickly to say, “Allya does good work with the armor, makes it pretty dang comfortable,” before quickly motioning for Kelsie to continue.

The offer to go see the captains armor was a welcome one, to which Luna quickly nodded and stood, her eyes, looking over to Ally and Kahlil, her voice ringing out, “You two keep out of trouble. I’m going to go work out the hard details with your captain here.”

Jepei1u.png

Kelsie's eyes followed the commander's, over to Kahlil. There was a flicker of fear in her eyes which subsided nearly instantly. She spoke calmly and carefully, making sure Luna heard every word. "He isn't joining up. It's not safe and he's not ready." Speaking those words gave her a small feeling in her stomach -- there were people she cared enough about to have them with her on the battlefield, and there were people she cared enough about to have them as far away from combat as possible. She knew he was stronger now -- he would probably do well with the Dauntless. But there was always the danger. She wanted to avoid that as much as possible with Kahlil.

"Other than that, sure," she said, a more friendly demeanour returning. Having someone to show her around would be important... but hopefully she could build a good relationship with Luna. It'd make it all much easier.

Kelsie was on her feet just behind Luna as she listened to what the woman was saying to the two teenagers, then gave a smile to Kahlil as the women headed for the exit. "Have fun, don't drink much."

The young woman lead the way towards the hangar, much more efficiently than if Luna had been guiding them. She quickly sparked a small conversation as the pair went. "Completely forgot. Names. I feel like I mentioned it at some point, but I'm Kelsie. My friend is Kahlil. Little more official greeting I guess," she said, sticking out a hand for a quick shake.

Soon enough they'd arrived at the YT-1300 in the hangar of the frigate. Kelsie tapped a small comms unit on her belt and the ramp lowered to accommodate her and Luna. "C'mon in."

The ship wasn't messy per se, but it wasn't quite clean. The main room the two walked into had a few things scattered about -- a few books and magazines, a holoflick case, a blanket and a set of tools beside a holodevice. "Remind me to fix that," she muttered as she stepped across the room, arriving at a door on the other end.

She hit the console on the side and quickly entered a short code, then the door slid open to reveal a sort of walk-in closet. Unlike the main room, everything here was immaculate -- there were seven sets of shelves, six with matching sets of armor. An old design -- but Luna would likely have somewhat of a hard time seeing the reflec-covered stealth suits. Accompanying each were unique rifles, a sidearm, some thermal detonators and miscellaneous items.

Kelsie paused as she looked through each one, her heart getting caught in her throat for a moment. Was she moving on? Could she? Or would she force her new squad mates into the armor that once fit her closest friends, as if in an attempt to revive them?

"So uh, yeah. This is my armor."

[member="Luna Terrik"] [member="Allya Vi'Dreya"] [member="Kahlil Zambrano"]

TG6tIB6.gif

Objective: See Kelsies “armor”

Jepei1u.png

The protection, fear in the woman’s eyes was not gone quick enough for the redhead to miss it. Call it a battlefield mentality. Something that everyone who spent any length of time on a battlefield had. An ingrain sense of when someone had a deep relationship with a squadmate. So when the tone of the other woman’s voice change momentarily, Luna heard it, though she wouldn’t mention it for now. A subject like that was left for a better time, one that didn’t involve drinks.

Luna let herself be led through the corridors of the ship. Eventually she would take time to learn this place to not allow herself to feel like a fool anymore. It was not a priority, however, as she doubted she would be taking command of space battles any time soon. It was a job not fit for her in any way.

She was snapped out of her thoughts by the hand being pushed toward her, as well as being told the woman’s name. With a nod, she quickly joined hands with her, speaking in the same quick and respectful tone. With a shrug they started back onto their journey, which culminated at seeing the large freighter in her hanger.

It was definitely beat up, not exactly something that Luna would call safe. Though the Kelsie seemed to like it, so Luna shook off the unnerved feeling of it being a safe violation waiting to happen. She swore she could feel the ramp buckle lightly underneath her feet when she walked up them, enough so to prompt a quick jab from the commander. “If you want…I can get some of my engineers to help tighten the bolts..maybe make this thing a little safer.”

She wasn’t sure how the jab would be received, but laughed lightly as she was told to remember to tell Kelsie to fix a certain item. The inside of the ship much reflected the inside, though Luna kept her mouth shut when she saw the armor closet as a small smirk slowly worked it’s way across her face. She stepped into it, beginning to look over each and every piece, even going as far as to stoop down to look at the shinguards.

Everything was immaculately cleaned, showing the complete and utter care Kelsie had for the armor. Luna took her time looking everything over, and while not even looking up from a pair of shining combat boots, she spoke in a low, serious tone. “You could find a home here, with us, y’know. I could use someone like you.”

Jepei1u.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom