Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A suggestio... oh forget it! Invasion Discussion

Oh well, Kyr doesn't do fleets xD hypocritical much huh? But yeah, I'm just spawning him with you Abbadon, us two animals alike. If you had done a quick fleet encounter, say, one scene (aka paragraph or something) were your in space just before dropping down I would have found that much more acceptable.

No, i spawned a single set of defenders that are standard Guards that ANY city would have. I left the remainder entirely up to those who own the planet. I also trusted that those within my faction would have the good common sense to stick with the general theme and not bring in 123512351235123512 Death Stars into the fight. And why in the hell would i plot with the Mandalorians about their defenses? They can put in whatever they want its not my planet. If they want to say the entire planet is actually made of force user Kryptonite i won't stop them, ill write around and through it as any creative writer would.

All that i have stated in my opening post was that the Sith brought small numbers of forces to the planet, an invasion by stealth instead of brute force. They brought small teams of just Sith(and Kaine's forces of course) to make short work of the defenses that are their, none of which i detailed what or who they were(except the Journeymen protectors which are obvious). Forgive me for trying to make things a little less boring.

I tried to make my force a bit more than just Imperial Troops and Sith, I had to bring the Hydra Commandos, of course, but I also had zealous mercs who worship a fabled God. Hutuun should know those Pirates from Galaxy Rising.

Lady Abaddon

L
Understood Hutuun. I'll run a wider game next time. Let's tango!

Sure Moridin. Sadly, It's clear to me you learned nothing from Dex's overeager attempt at Invading the Syndicate. This topic right here is just another reenactment of bad memories.

Now. It's all "fair". It's all good. Hell, it even helps my character my a mile. ...But your just asking for OOC butthurt. Just, begging for it. And if you ever try this 'surprise! army at your front door' bullkark against the Republic in FvF. I will whine like a baby across this forum until the Internet runs dry. :(

Okay, okay. Stepping in as Admin here to see what's going on.

So...what is going on, and is it something that needs to be looked at by staff?

Though I don't know specifically about these planets, generally the landing of troops anywhere near a defended settlement is a bad idea due to the potential AA fire unless you have air/space superiority. Furthermore, attempting to take over an entire planet with a few thousand soldiers usually a bad idea.
I mean, even taking over Afghanistan with tens of thousands of troops has proven hard, let alone an entire planet inhabited by warlike Mandalorians!

Tegaea don't worry about it. According to my opening no "troops" were landed, about a thousand Sith gathered on the world in different ways, perhaps coming their individually or in groups...etc we then split up and moved in different directions towards different City with myself heading to the capital with only 100 Sith(Keep in mind we are talking about a dozen Sith Masters and dozens more Sith Knights more than capable of taking on something like the Journeymen Protectors). In my opening post i then walked up to the door's of the capital city and killed a single guard because why the heck would a cop be suspicious about a group of about 100 travelers on a Farm world where people still often trade with each other? I then gave everyone the option of instead of being in a single city to attack multiple cities at once, like you know a real invasion would.

Basically the Sith strategy here was to go in unexpectedly cut off the heads of those who controlled the Cities and thereby takeover the world. The Mandalorians would then of course respond in kind by either being within said cities and stopping this surprise invasion with their SUPERIOR NUMBERS. Or showing up with more people and taking out the Sith in that way.

It was a fun idea for a planet like Concord Dawn that doesn't really have much in the way of Cannon defenses(besides the Journeymen Protectors). If everyone is really that mad about it ill gladly delete the thread and remake one where a fleet shows up in orbit.

Lady Abaddon

L
And next time, Roleplay Judge Moridin will remember to explain all this to the Mando's BEFORE launching into a full-scale invasion. Right Moridin? *poke poke* :p

Lady Abaddon

L
What part? ...The, 'you posted an Invasion and Hutuun posted a Q/A thread about it', part. Cause I'm confused about where this was all 'self explanatory' and we don't need to call the Mando's explaining it. *poke poke* :(

Well there was the opportunity for a space battle in the last thread, my first post there was a fleet dropping out of hyperspace. In this one i thought we'd go for something different than the typical invasion style.

Anyway, perhaps i should have been more...tactful in doing this. I apologize if any offense was caused. Lets just continue on with the thread and try to have fun.

Lady Abaddon

L
Yep. I'll points made and settled. Invasions can be handled with professionalism and good fellowship if everybody tries hard enough. :D

*wanders back to the thread to claim a Mandalorian Helmet for a Trophy*

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom