Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private A Silver Lining [Alva H.]

3fd15e0cb147b5d69826182de17719a6.jpg

Commenor
sjogrungesmol1.png

By day three, all her anxiety was left behind. All the trepidation about leaving her family on Midvinter seemed like a year ago. In a short space of time, and traveling alone, she had grown. She had always been independent, her mother teaching her that from an early age and her father, instilled in her compassion. Throw in the mix Thora’s own sensibilities and the result is a head strong girl. There was more to her than that though, more than Thora did not recognise or realise herself.

The trip from Midvinter to Commenor had taken over a week, what with the stops on the way and shirting about Sith space. Her father had seen to it that every part of her journey was planned and that she was looked after. Now on the final leg, and the shuttle approaching Commenor, she reflected on her father. He had left Midvinter at her age, went out into the wider galaxy to find his own way, running away from his destiny.

She was running toward hers.

Thora remembered the look in his eyes as they said goodbye, he had hated every minute of it, so protective of her and he had to let her go. Her mother, the same however there was a hint of pride in her eyes all the same. Thora’s mind turned to looking forward, and all the possibilities and experiences that now awaited her. It was exciting and frightening all at once.

The captain of the transport ordered passengers to buckle up for the approach and landing. She looked around at all the other passengers a buzz with chatter and business of their own. She felt alone in this moment, but she would be anything but alone here among the Silver Jedi. She clung to her travel bag and looked out the window as the shuttle plunged into the clouds and as it broke through, the ground coming up toward her and in the distance the tall buildings and skylanes.

Her face broken into a smile.

Alva Heavenshield Alva Heavenshield

temple.png

“Thora is due to arrive today – please collect her when she does and make sure she gets settled. I've sent along some of your things with her – and a basket of treats (for you to share). XO – MOM”

Members of the Concord had recently visited Midvinter, and Alva had made some friends there. So, when she'd heard about the Silver Jedi Concord Gala on Commenor, she'd begged her mother to let her travel and attend. It'd taken some convincing, but Alva had been allowed to go.

That was weeks ago.

And every day that passed saw her sending a communication back home to her mother and father: “It's so great here, please let me stay just a little longer.” Time after time, day after day, they agreed to let Alva remain on Commenor... so long as she kept to the temple and with the Jedi.

She walked along towards the landing pad, looking skyward for any signs of approaching ships.

It felt like forever since she'd run around with Thora, and it was going to be so much fun to have her here. The two Valkyri girls had grown up together; Alva still remembered fondly the times they'd played in the stable, making it into a pretend castle to defend. Now, they were both growing up – but Alva hoped that they wouldn't go their separate ways, not yet.

Alva wanted to show her cousin a good time here. But she was till quite new herself. She'd only seen parts of the temple, and the venue where they'd held the gala. There was still quite a lot left to explore. And there was also the fact that Alva was still unsure about walking the path of the Jedi. It would be nice to have some girl chat with Thora about that. And a smile formed on her face when a transport set down.

She stood waiting at the bottom of the ramp when it went down, allowing just enough space for passengers to disembark. Alva stood on her toes and craned her neck for a glimpse of her cousin.

“Thora?” she called. “Thora!”

Thora Heavenshield Thora Heavenshield

Last edited:
She was the first out of her seat even before the Captain announced their arrival. The ramp lowered to let in the light of day, and the warmth. Even the most temperate of planets would feel very warm to Thora, she remembered it from Kashyyyk. Over the hustle and bustle of the starport, even over all the announcements, she could hear her name. The voice so familiar to her and Thora craned her neck looking for the face of Alva. Once she spotted her, Thora’s arm shot in the air to wave and the biggest smile beamed from her face.

“Excuse me, pardon me”, she said making her way through the crowd toward her cousin. “Alva!”, she dropped her bag and threw her arms around her. Alva had grown so tall, and so very pretty! “I have missed you so much”, whispering close to her ear. Thora had changed of course, after the battle many things had changed in her life. And on top of it all, she was starting to grow into a young woman. And so was Alva.

“Aunty Val sent a bag of stuff with me for you”. They would have to go collect it along with her other luggage. After their initial greetings were over, Thora took Alva’s hand and went to find the carousal.

“I am so excited to be here finally. You must show me everything… how are you?”, she remember to ask finally.

Alva spotted a waving arm, and then grinned. She pulled her cousin into a big hug. “I've missed you, too,” she said with a nod. And she was surprised at the feeling of homesickness that struck her at the sight of her cousin. Indeed, the Valkyri of Midvinter did not go traveling the galaxy all that often.

“Thanks for bringing my stuff along,” she said with a sheepish smile. “I didn't plan on staying here this long.”

She fixed Thora in a warm glance as they walked hand in hand to the luggage carousal. It was going to be really nice having her cousin around. “I'm happy you're here,” she said in response. “Oh, I'm doing well enough! Just trying to figure out if I have a place here...”

She gestured widely to the scene. “It's very different here,” she started. “But it's really nice.

As the passenger luggage came out one by one, Alva immediately spotted a brown leather rucksack. Her mom had affixed a rather embarrassing luggage tag with a red heart, and her first name emblazoned on it. She reached out and snatched it up quickly.

“You've come here for training, right?” she tilted her head to the side.

Everything was so new and exciting, but regardless Thora was glad she had someone here that was familiar and friendly. Uncle Thirdas was here somewhere too, but he was going through stuff. And she didn't know where he was. "I hope I find a place to fit in too", all this was so new to her and there would be a lot to take in and a lot to learn. All Thora wanted to do was make her family proud, all of them. Finally, her bag appeared. An old leather bag with Valkyri design which she loved and would never part with she didn't care it looked so worn and ratty.

"I have come to learn healing", she said almost apologetically, most of the family believe that Thora would, one day, be a warrior. She had that nature as a child, especially with the way her family was. But after the great war and seeing death first hand, at the hand of such brutality, she learned about herself that day. The suffering of those that were left behind, whether it was emotional or physical, she could not help them. She wanted to so badly but did not have any skills. Thora could only look on.

"I have got so much to learn, I don't even know where to start", how does one find a master for example. "But first things first. I got to settle in and speak to the Temple administrators?". Hopefully Alva would be able to tell her what to do. Once her band was in hand, Thora turned to her cousin ready for her to show the way.

"There are so many people", the starport so busy with travelers. "Where are they all going?". The explorer part of her was not gone though, part of her wanted to travel and see everything. But there would be time for that later.

“Healing?” Alva repeated as Thora grabbed up her leather bag. She opened her mouth, about to say something like 'mother would have been happy to teach you.' But a smile tugged the corners of her lips. Of course, her mom would have urged Thora to join the Jedi and explore – to get experience out in the galaxy. After all, there were only so many cases back home – the range here was... she couldn't even fathom.

“I'm sure you'll find someone to teach you here,” she said, though she wasn't even really sure where to start herself. “Yeah, I can show you the way.”

Hefting her own bag onto her shoulder, Alva brought Thora back out into the open space on the way to the temple. “There's lots of stuff to see here on Commenor,” Alva started, her eyes following some of the passersby. “Like, I think there's a university here and a palace and other schools and stuff.”

Unlike Kashyyyk, the majority of folk here were not Jedi.

The two Valkyri girls would continue down the streets that were lined with tidy sidewalks. In the distance, there was a newly constructed Jedi Academy. “You know, I think most padawans are still on Kashyyyk. But this temple has lots of Knights and Masters around, and classes, too.”

It would probably be a good place to start looking for a master.

“So,” she asked after a moment. “What sort of master are you looking for? I'm just curious. Like, are you going to... travel around?”

She walked along half listening to her cousin, for the most part Thora was looking at all the different people walking the opposite way. So many different species and races of people the likes of which she had never seem before. She must have looked silly to Alva, as she by now was used to all these strange and wonderful faces. There was so much to look at, Thora did not know where to look next.

"I have been to Kashyyyk, a couple of times. Once with my papa, another time to Temple. But I got called back home .. just before...", he was still very hard even now, to talk about the war and what she had seen. "before the great war". She said silently as if words would conjure up the horror and visit it to this place.

The thought of this brought Thora back to her cousin as they walked to the temple. "I .. I don't know. I do want to travel and see everything. Are we close to Corellia here?", she suddenly changed the topic. Remembering that was where Uncle Thirdas was born and her grandmama. Part of her was Corellian after all and it would be great to see that planet.

Now she was eager to get to the temple and see for herself what it was like. There was an air of confidence in her stride, maybe misplaced but she had the heritage of the Heavenshields on her side. From her grandparents, to her father and uncle, she did hope she would do well here and not let the family down.

Alva looked down when Thora trailed off, already knowing what the next words would be. And when her cousin did speak the words, she winced slightly. She nodded, and offered a slight smile to brighten to mood again. The fact that they were so far from Midvinter helped in this case, for Alva at least. The memories were there, too, all too alive if she looked too hard.

“Corellia?” Alva repeated, squinting slightly as she tried to think. The teen could only shrug, “I'm not sure, but... probably?”

She had no idea, she'd never even heard of it. But they'd learn together. Bringing Thora towards the new temple, it was now easy to see the hustle and bustle. Unlike the other temple on Kashyyyk, there weren't so many people wandering about in long brown robes. Alva thought people here looked pretty fashionable.

“So,” she began, as they set foot on the campus. “They have diplomats here, too... like, people associated with the concord that aren't Jedi.” It was a fact she'd only just learned. “The visitor's center is just this way!”

They were pretty close now, only the lovely glass doors separated them. Alva paused by the door and flashed Thora a grin before pulling the door open. She held out a hand for Thora to pass inside first, and then she'd point to a welcoming counter that had lovely white orchids as accents. “We'll get you all checked in and then we can chat a bit or get something to eat or whatever you want to do, really.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom