Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Revolution in Design

In Umbris Potestas Est
[member="Vallory"]

Thyferra

Vanessa's work really was getting cut out at this point. Her push to turn Thyferra into a source of cheap aggregate for cinder blocks had caused her to dedicate more time to this world than she ordinarily would. She stood before the great metal tower tipped with diatium wires as the storm-ridden atmosphere of the ruined world struck overhead, watching as the power of the planet flowed through the tower and into a great mound of ash that seemed to practically pulsate from the repulsors around it. The storm's power flowed into banks of empty crystals, empowering each like a power cell before machines tested the crystals for their charge and, assuming they were fully empowered, would transfer them away for shipping.

Some crystals, though, would remain on-world, for Vanessa had a plan - a plan she would be messaging one of her newfound associates still on this world for. A plan that if successful would quite possibly revolutionize the development of one of the most common weapons used by the Sith.

Vallory,

​I hope you're still on Thyferra. If so, I would like to invite you to the front doors of the Defiance Consolidated Multipurpose Manufacturing energy crystal plant here on this ruined world. Within lies the secret to a technology I am willing to let you receive one of the first examples of.

​Regards,
Vanessa

Vallory had received a message while still staying in the Thyferra system. And it was now exactly what she had expected. But, she was quite bored as it were. A message from [member="Vanessa Vantai"] was a savior to her, something to save her from all the boredom. Plus, the promise of a prototype of something...most interesting. While she had been in her boredom, she had been focusing her emotions to do things. Make things move. She so far was not as successful as she had wished. So with something to take her mind off it all...

She arrived by shuttle, having not sent a reply back. She wanted to surprise Vanessa however. Have some fun for herself. Vallory arrived at the plant, and there she waited for someone to notice her. She didn't exactly want to ruin it yet. Outside, she whistled about while waiting...till waiting became too much and she got bored again. So with a datapad she kept on her, she sent a message,

Vanessa. I am here outside...send someone out?

Her messages were always straight to the point. Vallory was not really one for long messages and got bored rather quickly, so now here she waited more.

In Umbris Potestas Est
Vanessa swiftly arrived after Vallory had landed and come to the front of the plant. “Ah, good. You were able to make it.” A smile came from her gaze as she looked over the woman, not even suspecting that half her blood resembled that of an undead creature while half was similar to her own biology. “Please, come on in.” She motioned for Vallory to followe her as they would enter the great doors of the factory, passing into the mound and into a realm of artificial light.

“This place is used to create energy crystals - potent power sources used by the beam cannons that Defiance has developed.” She led Vallory over to a room full of crystals of a relatively uniform size and shape - most appeared to be around the length and approximate diameter of a sausage, though some much larger crystals were visible as well. “These are a variety of crystals mined from sites within Sith space - and some without as well. Their origin doesn’t matter - in fact it would probably be possible for us to synthesize crystals for this. But where would the fun be in that?”

[member="Vallory"]

Finally, [member="Vanessa Vantai"] had arrived. Little did Vallory know, it had been a very short time. She smiled back to Vanessa as she was greeted. "I am glad you invited me" she said, bowing politely. She was putting on her innocent ploy, something she kept over herself until meeting in private. "This is a nice place you have here." Vallory looked about in the crystal filled room. She stopped here and there, hoping she could just take one without being seen. She could not deny, the thought crossed her mind. "Shiny..."

She heard the mention of Sith, and looked mildly interested. "So why am I here, may I ask?" What was it she was to test? Where was this prototype? Was it made? She had many questions running through her mind now. And how the crystals, and how she fit into it.

In Umbris Potestas Est
“Patience.” She said as they walked further into the facility. Vanessa pointed to a machine that was removing a batch of several dozen glowing crystals. “We have the ability through the use of that tower you saw earlier to focus the electrical charge of the planet’s disrupted atmosphere into these energy crystals.” As if to indicate Vanessa’s words were true, a tumble caused sparks to fly into a new set of crystals, causing them to glow with intensity.

“The crystals are taken back to other facilities and used - it’s simple enough. But given it’s a crystal and also a power source, I thought of how it could be applied to something more practical. Something... familiar.” Vanessa replied, motioning to a door that had not been there a few moments ago. “Please, after you.”

[member="Vallory"]

Truthfully, Valloy could care less about the process. But still, she pretended to remain interested in it all. "Okay...that sounds quite interesting" she said as she watched the several dozen glowing crystals. Her eyes shined at their glow. How she wanted to pick one of them up, weigh it in her hand. Then possibly never return it after which was most likely the case and what would end up happening if she took one.

"Familiar? I am not sure I follow" she said as she was motioned through the door by [member="Vanessa Vantai"]. Was this where the prototype was? Vallory was filled with excitement.

In Umbris Potestas Est
A light lit up to reveal the two of them were in some kind of tubular pod. It slowly began to lower itself, transparisteel walls exposing the blackened crust of the planet that lay beneath the mound that was the factory. Soon enough they would reach a void, a chamber of blackness that was soon illuminated by the full glow of torches. There were droids here that would await the command of their mistress - CY-M bodyguard droids, fitted with equipment that simulated the horrifying capabilities of Force powers. A door would open as the duo would travel the area, passing some pools full of a clear liquid that had a soft, bioluminescent glow.

“Ah yes, the healing pools. No need to use those. What we have here is far more important.” She smiled. At the back of the room was a workbench containing a variety of tools used for creating many different gadgets and gizmos. On the table sat a pair of what appeared to be ordinary lightsabers. Vanessa picked one up and offered it to Vallory before grasping the other one.

“This is their first test - let’s see if they work.”

[member="Vallory"]

Vallory was quite surprised to feel them going down. Where was she being taken now? Vallory did not know, but her sense of ambition and adventure had her on the edge. She was most interested in what was to happen, what could be the thing? This prototype? It stuck to her mind like nothing else except a few things that had captured her attention before. And soon they arrived as the door opened, to glowing pools. Healing pools?

There were many things, even...lightsabers? She had heard of them, seen a couple in action over holovids. But held one? Carefully, she put her hand to it, holding around it. "Is...is this the thing? I've never used one." She looked to [member="Vanessa Vantai"] and waited for an explanation. How was she meant to use this?

In Umbris Potestas Est
"This is a lightsaber." She said. "The weapon of the Jedi, and of the Sith. It is an instrument of immense destructive potential - albeit limited potential given the limits of a power cell. This lightsaber..." She pressed the button on the crude hilt - it was a prototype after all, so no reason to embellish it - and an emerald blade came out. The blade seemed to crackle and spark with life - it was coherent, but there was a distinct shimmering within the core of the blade, a pulsating that seemed almost unnatural.

"This lightsaber uses an energy crystal as both the focusing crystal and the power source for the weapon. The hilt is agrinium, to help contain the intensity of the beam within the hilt before it exits the emitter. Light, durable - effective at containing the potent power of the lightsaber in question. This also means that the blade lacks some... issues found in typical lightsabers. For example, it works in water."

[member="Vallory"]

Vallory held the lightsaber hilt in hand before following the example of how [member="Vanessa Vantai"] activated her own. Aiming it away she activated it. And instantly, he eyes gleamed in the light of the lightsaber. Such power...such a powerful weapon. Held in her hands. She let out a little laugh, this was great. She was loving this already. "It's impressive...so this is the thing? How am I supposed to use this, may I ask? I mean, I have no idea how to use one...just swing it?" she asked, turning it a bit toward Vanessa before realizing it was still on, so then turning it off quickly.

"Under water, huh?" It all seemed interesting to her. And most fun, fun indeed. "It's something that could be a lot of fun, I'll give you that...never used one." She wondered if Amelia, or Zye had ever used one. Vallory turned the deactivated hilt about in her hand.

In Umbris Potestas Est
"You hit the button. It turns on. You swing at an enemy. The blade cuts through it and it dies." She smiled. "Nothing to it. Imagine it as a sword - an energy sword. There are some things that it cannot cut through, admittedly - I'll be sure to give you a list before we leave." She placed the other lightsaber back on the table. "That one's a prototype - if you break it, it'll probably never be fixed. Going to go ahead and warn you about that right now. But in exchange for this..." She thought for a bit.

"Tell me about yourself, Vallory. I sort of got the feeling from Zym during our first meeting that you were some sort of vampiric creature. Anzati, perhaps?"

[member="Vallory"]

Vallory went out to a more open area as she reactivated it. Then swung it in the open air. It sizzled through the air, humming when she brought it still. "Sounds simple enough." She swung it about like she had seen lightsaber wielders do in the holovids. Then she paused mid swing, glancing over her shoulder to [member="Vanessa Vantai"] with that same gleam she usually hid, even when in private. "Wait...I'm keeping it?" She giggled gleefully, she could get used to this. Oh this would be absolutely delightful.

Then she was asked a question, and for a moment she paused. "I'm no Anzati. They freak me out with those...things they have. No, I'm Vampirika. Sanguinius Vampirika, to be exact...and part Vahla." She swung the saber again, with more effort this time.

In Umbris Potestas Est
[member="Vallory"]

"I don't see why not." She answered. "It seems a suitable tool for you, after all." She pondered on the woman's other words. "Sanguinius Vampirika. That's quite a mouthful. At least it's not Anzati - those I've met are nice enough, but the brain-eating tendrils are a bit much." Vanessa considered the circumstances of dealing with vampires - there was always the risk of receiving a curse, but she had bodies galore, even if she didn't want to give this one up.

"What exactly is a Sanguinius Vampirika?"

Vallory smiled at [member="Vanessa Vantai"], then to the weapon in her hands. "They can be any color, right?" she asked, deactivating the saber. "A nice violet. Can they be violet? Violet would be nice." Then she had no idea where to put it. "Do I need a belt to clip this to or..." For now, she just held it in her hands, weighing it and slowly turning it over to look over the hilt.

"Well, if you must know" she said with a wide grin, lifting her upper lip to give a glimpse of her fangs. "We usually don't go for the brain. More the neck..." she turned her had slightly to hide the grin she had. She even laughed a bit quietly while looking away. Then, she turned back. "I've been told some of us are quite..mesmerizing...but I don't see how sometimes" Vallory said with a quick shrug.

In Umbris Potestas Est
"They can be in theory. I'll provide you with a violet-colored energy crystal that you can swap out for your current one. Always helps to have a spare considering that if the crystal cracks... bad things could happen." She answered before continuing onwards. "I would just hold onto it for now. You can always get a new end cap milled with a belt buckle. These are prototypes - that's why the hilts are crude and unpolished." She said before noticing the fangs.

"Well, that's better." She said. "Trust me when I say this - I'm not easily mesmerized." She said. "but always a useful skill to have."

[member="Vallory"]

Bad things, huh? That perked Vallory's interest, she had a thing for danger. Though she doubted it would be good for her if it cracked while in her hands. Now that would be bad, very bad for her. Though hearing that she had to hold it for now, that she did not feel too good about that. "Well...can you teach me? How to use it. I doubt I could do well without cutting myself and...that's not something I exactly look forward to." No, she did not wish for that to happen. Cutting herself with such a weapon, that would not be good. Not at all.

Vallory laughed to herself at [member="Vanessa Vantai"]'s response. "Yes, it can indeed be a useful skill...at times."

In Umbris Potestas Est
"I am not the person to ask, truthfully." She said as the lightsaber on the table came to her hand. "I sacrificed martial skill with the lightsaber for arcane knowledge of sorcery. I can perform the basics - but you could learn how to fight the basics style just by asking a swordsman to teach you how to fight with a vibrosword." She gave a few twirls of her own weapon before deactivating it. "After all, there are more effective means of handling such a blade." She said. "Let me give you an example."

Taking the blade and tossing it back to the workbench, she motioned to Vallory. "I am unarmed. Please, strike for all it's worth with your new weapon."

Silently, Vanessa hoped that this would work.

[member="Vallory"]

Vallory tipped her head at hearing that, unsure what exactly Vanessa had meant be that. That was until she explained. How was sorcery meant to fend against a saber. She wanted to question that, question Vanessa's reasoning as she had seen these in action before. Plus she did not wish to be responsible for injuring, let alone killing another...but when [member="Vanessa Vantai"] offered, or rather motioned for Vallory to attempt to strike her down, albeit hesitantly, she shrugged. Vanessa wanted this...So activating the blade once more she strutted over and with what strength she had she attempted to bring it down.

In Umbris Potestas Est
Vanessa waited patiently for Vallory to make her move. She was clumsy - uncoordinated with the blade, as the Sith Lord expected. In time, she would find someone to train her - someone to teach her the ways of the blade. The downward strike was one performed from a position of power - the force behind the motion clearly indicated that Vallory was stronger than she seemed. The Sith eyed her before raising a hand to intercept the blade - her right hand - and wrapping it firmly about the shaft. A mental timer began to count down. "As you see..." A fist would come, practically out of nowhere as she pulled the blade to the side and moved to slug the vampiric woman in the face, taking the weapon and pointing it at her as she did so.

"A lightsaber alone is nothing compared to the power of the Dark Side of the Force. I hope you understand this and learn from it." She deactivated the weapon and tossed it to the ground.

[member="Vallory"]

Vallory swung down her blade yet nothing happened. Nothing she expected anyway. The saber did not cut into anything. Instead it was just...stopped. Held there as if physical. "W-What?!" she exclaimed aloud. Then she caught movement elsewhere, and felt contact against her face as she was sent stumbling backwards. Clutching her jaw. With her weaker bones, it hurt. Really hurt. "Why you karking-" She stopped as she deactivated the weapon, tossing it to the ground. She stood there, stunned in amazement at [member="Vanessa Vantai"]. Rubbing her jaw, she glared down the woman. "That really hurt!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom