Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private A Quiet Night In

Business, Espionage & Faith
M A R C E L L AㅤF I O R A

'White Braids & Pillow Chair'
OOC: Continued from Tatt-Chat

- A BRIGHT LIGHT SUDDENLY BLINDED MARCY'

Still recovering, she paused and blinked rapidly to try and get her eyesight back, "Ow!! You need to turn that damn thing down!" she exclaimed jokingly as Ivory took one of the heavy boxes, "Ta." As she regained her eyesight, she stepped into the apartment looking around for a place to land the many boxes and containers she had brought, this should last them the evening.

As she placed the boxes on the nearest counter she could find, relieved that she was free from the burden of various foods and copious amounts of drink, she couldn't help but pick up on the fact that Ivory appeared to be a little tense; it appeared that she might've walked in on something. "
You doin' ok? y'seem a bit stressed out.." she questioned as she started unpacking the many bottles of Fiora-Brand alcohol onto the counter; several bottles of premium range wine, one bottle of exclusive malbec and a number of single, double and bourbon whiskey bottles.

As she waited for a response from Ivory, she shifted over to the food containers, leaning onto the counter to listen in before opening the contents.

Ivory Stroud Ivory Stroud

Code Of Silence
Factory Judge
Ivory allowed Marcy into her apartment, obviously preoccupied over some unspoken cause. She seemed quieter than usual - subdued. As the younger woman entered the kitchen, Ivory re-secured the front door to her apartment with decisive finality; ensuring the door was firmly shut and driving the manual locks home with an audible click. That complete, she joined Marcy in the small kitchenette, setting down the portion of Marcy's burden Ivory had assisted with.
"You doin' ok? y'seem a bit stressed out.." she questioned as she started unpacking the many bottles of Fiora-Brand alcohol onto the counter; several bottles of premium range wine, one bottle of exclusive malbec and a number of single, double and bourbon whiskey bottles.

Without responding, Ivory crossed her arms over her chest and leaned the small of her back against the stove. Quiet for a moment, she simply watched as Marcella Fiora Marcella Fiora unloaded her goodies. After a moment, a smirk tugged at the corner of her lip.... then, she sighed; shoulders sagging in a rare moment of vulnerability.

"We, um... Darkwire had a meeting, tonight. It, uh..." She paused, chewing on her bottom lip for a second. "...Didn't go well."

The intense arguments that arose from their discussion of revolution played out in her mind, and Ivory's eyes grew distant for a moment while she reached out, grabbing the bottle of bourbon as Marcy set it down. With her other hand, she gripped the top & twisted, breaking the seal with a soft thump.

'Blue Moon'​

All Marcy' could offer was a frown, she didn't want to pry too deeply into the happenings of their meeting~ although it appeared she had arrived at the most convenient time. As Ivory moved in for a bottle of bourbon, Marcy' stopped leaning on the counter and began unpacking a number of smaller boxes seemingly containing food, contained within heat-containing boxes.

As she pulled these boxes out of the larger container, the pair could see the labels on each container, namely pizza, sushi and a number of pastas; although one box remained unlabelled, a pristine
white textured box~ she would wait for Ivory to notice before mentioning it.

"Hmph, sounds like a rough night? 'seems I turned up at the perfect time," she grinned, still unpacking the goods. As she laid all of the boxes and bottles on the counter evenly, her eyes flickered back to Ivory, "Nothin' too bad, I hope?" she questioned, knowing vaguely what she went in to talk about, although she didn't know any details..

Code Of Silence
Factory Judge
"Hmph, sounds like a rough night? 'seems I turned up at the perfect time," she grinned, still unpacking the goods. As she laid all of the boxes and bottles on the counter evenly, her eyes flickered back to Ivory, "Nothin' too bad, I hope?" she questioned, knowing vaguely what she went in to talk about, although she didn't know any details..

Without answering at first, Ivory crossed the small kitchenette to a bank of cupboards above the small coffee machine on a counter. She opened one of the cabinets and extracted two glasses, setting them down on the counter before pouring a measure of bourbon into each. The bottle was set aside then she turned, offering a glass to her friend & keeping one for herself. A dark cloud descended over her eyes, and she nodded.

"I knew, going into this, that it would stir up emotions. Talk of revolution is never a party. I guess I just wasn't prepared to watch friends turn on each-other..." Ivory took a breath, and sighed. The amber liquid, smelling of sweet smoke, tickled her nose with its faint aroma. "Almost three dozen showed, along with Daiya and Cartri. There's some former freedom fighter with the alliance named Peyton Steele, who seemed like she's done this kinda thing before. It started off alright, but..." She trailed off then brought the glass to her lips and swallowed a mouthful of the strong bourbon. It coated her tongue, and burned the back of her mouth on the way down - settling in her belly.

She breathed out through her open mouth, glancing at the glass in a subtle look of approval before returning to look at Marcella.

"I didn't realize how much history some of these people have. There were a lot on board, but those that weren't were... Vocal. I guess I just realized how may lives this is going to affect. How many friendships this'll ruin. Families this'll tear apart." Ivory shook her head. "I think letting it go on as it's been would be the worse decision, but... I guess I like some of these people. Convincing them to set their own city ablaze wasn't as easy as I thought it would be."

The combination of the liquor & being able to talk seemed to have relaxed her somewhat, and Ivory began to eye the selection of boxes Marcella had delivered. A small smile tugged at the corner of her lip as she suddenly recognized the cacophony of smells lingering in her kitchen. "Wow. You went all out." She said quietly.

Then, she noticed the nameless silver case - which did not fit in with the rest of the takeout. Her black, chiseled eyebrows rose in quizzical expression, and she tilted her head to one size, asking a silent question.

Marcella Fiora Marcella Fiora

'Cannonball'​

Leaning back on the counter once more to think about an appropriate response, her eyes soon shifted to Ivory, "Well, you knew that what you were proposing was a radical change, compared to how they've been operating, right?" she affirmed, attempting to
giphy.gif
convince her friend that it was a necessary proposition~ in-turn, supporting her boss. After a few more moments, she took out her cigarra tin, placing it in-between the pair and taking out an Ivory cigarra for herself before lighting it and taking a deep puff.

Placing the lighter next to the tin and gesturing towards Ivory, as if to offer one, she'd pick up the whiskey glass and would take a sip before placing it back on the counter, cigarra still in hand. "It was a necessary conversation~ 'was going to happen sooner or later.." she assumed, attempting to lighten the mental burden of Ivory's recent activities.

As the conversation shifted from the seriousness of the Darkwire rumble to the goodies that Marcy' had brought into the Donna's apartment, Marcella offered an excited grin, "You've known me for some time now, have you ever known me to half-ass anything?" she joked gleefully, placing the cigarra in-between of her lips before sliding the silver case over to her dear friend. "A gift, before we start drinking.." smirked Marcy', excited to present the contents of the box.

Upon opening the box, Ivory would see a pristine,
black and ivory sidearm branded with the symbol of The Family, as well as a large number of rounds and power-packs. Marcy' would wait for her to inspect the weapon before beginning to discuss the sidearm.

Code Of Silence
Factory Judge
Ivory reached out, taking Marcy's cigarra tin & retrieving a smoke of her own - lighting it and breathing deeply, filling her lungs with the sweet, deliciously-toxic smoke before exhaling toward the ceiling. She nodded, agreeing that the conversation that evening had been necessary... "I dunno, maybe I've just gotten a little too close to this one." She said under her breath, considering that. She'd have to be more careful.

"You've known me for some time now, have you ever known me to half-ass anything?" she joked gleefully, placing the cigarra in-between of her lips before sliding the silver case over to her dear friend. "A gift, before we start drinking.." smirked Marcy', excited to present the contents of the box.
Ivory couldn't help but grin in response, shaking her head; No, she'd never known Marcy to half-ass anything. The smell of food, cigarras, and alcohol filled the kitchen & banished what might have been a very lonely night. Marcy's admission that the box contained a gift caused Ivory's finely-sculpted eyebrows to quirk upward. "A gift?" She asked incredulously, then reached out to accept the silver case.

She took another sip from her glass as she unlatched the case and slowly opened it... revealing a slim, elegant weapon which glistened with fresh oil. Ivory took a breath through her nose, smelling that familiar "new gun" scent. Her eyes sparkled with instant adoration - pausing for a moment to simply admire the blaster. After a few heartbeats, she turned to set her cigarra in an ashtray on the small kitchen table & free her right hand, which she then used to daintily heft the weapon from the case.

The grip filled her hand as-if it had been made for it. The weight was comforting, neither too heavy or too light. She weighed the blaster, admiring its balance before raising it to eye level. "It's... gorgeous, Marcy..." She breathed.

'Delicate'​

Taking another deep puff of her cigarra, she'd show a big grin~ pleased that Ivory Stroud Ivory Stroud approved of her little gift, all she needed to do now was explain the details; "My gift to you, 'a MagRound-compatible shatter gun: powerful, silent, is bio-locked for your use and will shock any unwanted users; there's some other features such as the cautionary pulser and anti-EMP chip too," she explained as she couldn't help grinning, "and, of course, it looks good!"

She opted out of explaining the hefty price of the weapon, The Donna was worth spending that much money on. "
'guarantee it'll end any fight too," she finished, hinting at the power of the sidearm and taking one final puff of her cigarra before putting it out on the ashtray.

Her eyes flickered away from Ivory and towards the obscene amount of food and drink she had brought in~ Ivory wouldn't be cooking or buying anything for the next few days. "
Anyway.." she began, 'downing the last of her bourbon, "let's not let this go cold! what're you 'aving?" asked Marcy', picking up a container of sushi and moving around the counter to pour herself some Scuro Malbec, an excellent pairing for fish.

Code Of Silence
Factory Judge
"My gift to you, 'a MagRound-compatible shatter gun: powerful, silent, is bio-locked for your use and will shock any unwanted users; there's some other features such as the cautionary pulser and anti-EMP chip too," she explained as she couldn't help grinning, "and, of course, it looks good!"

Ivory admired the elegant & sleek pistol, looking carefully over the frame of the weapon - eyebrows arched in curiosity & surprise. "This is...gorgeous, Marcella." She breathed. Using a single finger to retain contact, she spun the weapon end-over-end; catching the grip solidly in the palm of her hand. The anxiety & self-doubt from the events of earlier were already a distant memory.

Shatter-guns were highly sought-after weapons; she was somewhat familiar, having used them in the past... but she'd never actually owned one. This weapon was much more than a mass-marketed chunk of steel. This was a statement; a symbol. She immediately fell in love with it.

"let's not let this go cold! what're you 'aving?"
Shifting her gaze from admiring her gift, Ivory caught Marcella's eye - grinning from ear-to-ear.

"A little bit of everything." She replied, carefully setting the blaster back into its case and reaching for her glass. "How about a holo-flick?" She asked. "Did you bring anything?"

'Dreams'​

Marcy' let out a quiet chuckle at Ivory's response~ quite pleased that Ivory approved of the gift. She watched as she inspected the weapon, appeased that Ivory understood the gravity of the symbolic gesture of the gift, it was not only a machine of death but a symbol of her status within the close-knit community of The Family~ respected by all and adored by many. "Glad 'ya like it, 'suits you."

Extending her hand to indicate for Ivory to dig in, Marcy' offered a response to her question, "Ye'! I did!" she exclaimed, taking out a tiny box with a number of chips contained within, " 'managed to acquire quite a selection, Imperial propaganda movies and such.." Marcy' grinned, as she found one of her favourites, "Ooh!
Rebel Heroes?! 'love a good turncoat story!"

Backing away from the counter with a number of food containers and alcohol bottles, she darted towards the nearest sofa, balancing a few holofilm chips on-top of her goodies, "Whaddya think?" she quizzed as she practically fell backwards onto the couch, somehow keeping her food and drink intact; finally swivelling her head around to wait for Ivory's response.

Code Of Silence
Factory Judge
Ivory reached out, flipping one of the pizza boxes open & admiring the large pie - encrusted cheese on perfectly golden-brown bread, with a cornucopia of colorful toppings. The intoxicating scent of freshly-baked food filled the small kitchen & her eyes lit up. It had been forever since she'd had good pizza.

" 'managed to acquire quite a selection, Imperial propaganda movies and such.." Marcy' grinned, as she found one of her favourites, "Ooh! Rebel Heroes?! 'love a good turncoat story!"
Ivory glanced toward her friend, black eyebrows rising in surprise. "Rebel Heroes? Isn't that a banned flick?" Forgetting the food for a moment, she reached out & accepted the box of assorted videos, glancing through them. A mischevious grin grew on her face as she handed the case of holo-movies back with a nod, then grabbed the entire pizza box as well as a to-go plate of sushi, piling one atop the other.

"Let's do that one." She said, following the young woman onto the couch. Ivory daintily placed the balanced boxes of food on the small coffee table, then retrieved her drink from the kitchen before returning. As Marcy had already gotten comfortable, Ivory reached out, taking the small chip which held the movie. It took her only a moment to slot it into the base of the entertainment center. The holo-screen flickered to life in a kaleidoscope of brilliant reds, blues, purples, greens, and yellows; casting a rainbow on the walls of the apartment before going dark as it began to buffer data.

With her food & drink calling her, Ivory returned to the couch and sat down beside her friend. The worn leather couch squeaked in protest at the sudden addition. It was quite comfortable & soft, having been obtained "second-hand"... re-appropriated, as the Corpo Lingo went.

With the previous high emotion of the evening now nearly forgotten, the raven-haired rebel reached out and separated the box of sushi from the pizza, and opened both.

"Oh my stars... I am starving..." She muttered, looking toward Marcella with a look of gratitude. "Thank you." She said, before reaching out for a slice of pizza.

'Sway'​

"Aha!!" she grinned out of excitement, "yes it is!" Tonight, Ivory had been seeing a rare glimpse of Marcy' without her 'mafia persona' and professionalism~ a rare occurrence of her real personality being on display, she was comfortable. "Excellent!" Marcy' moved to get up from the seat before Ivory grabbed the holochip and placed it into the console, "Ooh, good choice, watchu got on there?" she quizzed, questioning the toppings of her pizza while positioning her glass of malbec and opening her suhi container in preparation.

As the pair landed and got themselves comfortable on the old sofa, she had caught Ivory's eye as she commented on her hunger. She offered a wide, cheesy grin back to her comment of appreciation, "You are more than welcome," she responded while silently raising her glass to clink for a quiet toast as the movie started.

As the movie went on and they started digging into the mass of food she had brought in, Marcy's eyes flickered around the room as if suddenly realizing something, "Say, how long 'ave you been in this apartment?" Marcy' asked curiously as she had been staying in high-end hotels while working on Denon.

Code Of Silence
Factory Judge
Ivory opened up the to-go box of sushi, then retrieved a set of cheaply-made chopsticks which had been provided. Expertly, she clutched the twin pieces of plastic and made a move to pinch a piece of pale-colored raw fish between them. She brought the small morsel toward her mouth, opened her lips, and graciously took a bite - closing her eyes with a contented expression as she chewed.

She hadn't realized how hungry she was.

"Say, how long 'ave you been in this apartment?"

Ivory turned to look at her friend, black eyebrows raising in a quizzical expression. She smirked, swallowing her mouthful as she reached for her glass of wine again. "About a month." She answered, bringing the glass to her lips and swallowing a mouthful of the fanciful brew.

"I know... it's not much." Who was she kidding? The place was practically a demilitarized zone. Gunshots would ring out in the distance so often it became a steady & constant backdrop of noise. CorpSec never came near the place, that was true... but it had taken The Family no small amount of effort to secure the entire complex for their own use. "The previous tenants had to be convinced they'd find better housing elsewhere." Ivory explained, supressing a chuckle at her use of double-speak.

It wasn't really necessary, of course. Marcella would understand what she meant.

'Sway'​

"Hmph!" smirked Marcy, swirling her glass of malbec as the pair conversed. "Sounds convenient," she grinned slightly, fully aware of what she meant, "does the job I 'spose.." she paused, talking a small sip from her glass, excited to dig into her sushi; "y'know, with me spending more time on Denon, I wouldn't mind upgrading to a proper apartment.. somewhere nice perhaps.." Marcy' trailed off as a subtle hint, curious as to what Ivory's opinion would be.

As she waited for a response from the crime boss, she placed her glass down before opening the sushi container to inspect its contents~ and to make a decision on where to start.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom