Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[member="Mariya Pyne"]

"I cam here for vengeance." He said in simple answer to her first question. "And no."

Both answers were entirely true. He had come to Naboo to take his revenge on Jamie for imprisoning and humiliating him. Of course that in it of itself was twisted and shrouded in half a dozen reasons that Mariya's sister already knew some of, though in the end it all came down to Vrak's own twisted mindset. He had his reasons for what he did, even attacking Jamie back on Prakith.

He didn't kill for the sake of killing, he felt no more joy from ending life than he did taking a bath. For him it was just a matter of fact. Vrak wasn't the kind of Sith that tortured and inflicted pain for the joy of it. Everything was a means to an end, even the death of others. The Pureblood killed on a whim, but not because of some perverse pleasure that he drew from it. Every death had a purpose, even if others did not see it that way. He felt no need to explain that to the girl of course, if she wanted to know more then she would ask.

A smile touched his face. "That was two."

He assumed she could count.

"The Jedi on Naboo." He pushed quickly. "Who are they? Do they dwell here permanently?"

The girl seemed hardly satisfied with his answer. One could tell from the look she gave Vrak. Her lips pushed towards one side, eyes partially lowering in unamused fashion. He answered her question in a very basic sense. He was as annoying as he was ugly. Why was she involved in some kind of vengeance? She hadn’t done anything to him. She didn’t even know who he was.

”They’re Jedi. I don’t know who they are. Why would they talk to me?”

She wasn’t a Forcer like her sister. They came with the Security Force when she had gone for help. It wasn’t like she knew much more of them than that.

”They must have somewhere they stay.”

[member="Vrak Nashar"]

[member="Mariya Pyne"]

He could infer some knowledge from her answers, basic as they were. For some reason Vrak doubted that she had the capacity to lie to him, she seemed far too...impulsive for that.

Annoyance fluttered through him as he realized that she might not know what he needed. There was no telling from her answers whether or not the group here was from the New Jedi Order or some new breed that had popped up on Naboo itself. Unfortunate really. At least he now knew that they lived here, or he assumed anyway. "You're the Queen's sister."

Vrak stated simply.

"That makes you important." Even in a society as silly as Naboo.

He understood that this world elected their Monarchs, something that Vrak found utterly outrageous and deplorable. Still, even in that circumstance the family of the Monarch was nearly as important as the Monarch herself. Priorities often shifted with family, especially when said family was dangerous. If Mariya was smart enough she would find the answer to one of the questions she had asked him earlier inserted in his words, though he doubted she was smart enough to figure it out.

"Doubtlessly she sends them to watch after you at times..." He trailed off in that same musing tone.

He made an awful lot of assumptions for someone who had never met Mariya. She would have stayed with Jamie if she hadn’t been ordered otherwise. Sister or not, Jamie was still the Queen, and that meant there were times where sisterly infighting was acceptable and other times where she knew that her sister was in charge. The night before had most assuredly been the latter, even if she didn’t want to follow that order. Look where it had gotten her: A hospital.

”You think I’m some kid that needs babysitters? How old do you think I am?”

He was insulting her now.

”I don’t need Forcers to keep me safe. I do just fine on my own. Got away from your goons easy enough.”

Dragged one of them pretty far too, before he fell away from the speeder.

Mariya bit into the chocolate bar she’d been hanging onto for a while now, chewing it as she looked at Vrak.

“So what hole in the galaxy did you drag your ugly face out of?”

[member="Vrak Nashar"]

[member="Mariya Pyne"]

"Twelve?" Vrak asked out loud, only half joking. Humans were ugly little things, and he could never quite tell how old any of them actually were just at a glance. It helped when they had facial hair, generally it meant that they were older. Of course it was slightly more difficult with Mariya, but in truth he didn't really care enough to actually take a serious guess. His suggestion would be enough to irk her, and that amused him slightly.

It was important to find small joys when trapped inside of a cage.

Of course, she attempted to do the same to him, hurling insult after insult. He tempered himself however. Having survived through this before and living with Seraphina had dulled the sharp wit of words quite a bit, Vrak having learned to take things in stride. Rage helped with some things, but here it was important to remain calm. Especially if he was going to exploit the girl in order to get himself out of here.

"I come from a world named Athiss." Had Jamie been here she might have been surprised, he'd never divulged his homeworld to the Queen of Naboo. Before it had been a secret, but now? Now it was little more than a diversion. Seraphina and his child were safely squirreled away within a Nebula, and Athiss would be a fine misdirection if the little Pyne rat decided to squeal to her sister. "Near Korriban."

The planet wasn't on any starmap, and the only records where from thousands of years ago, but it would be easy enough to find not.

Especially with the Empire's conquest of it. "What do you do?"

Twelve?” Her voice couldn’t have sounded less amused. “If you think a twelve year old could outmaneuver your soldiers then you really were a fool coming to my home. It’s no wonder you ended up there in that cell.” She smirked, chomping into the treat bar again. “You’re just lucky that Jamie is the one that put you in there. I would have filled you full of holes instead.”

Mariya was nothing if not sure of herself. Even knowing that he was a Sith, and a Forcer, she never shied from a challenge.

“Never heard of it.” She said with a shrug, finishing the bar of sugar she was enjoying. “Korriban is just a wasteland of rubble from more long forgotten Sith like you though. Why do your people colonize the worst places in the galaxy?”

”What do I do? She seemed confused by the question. “I study. I explore. I do what Jamie and our father ask. I do what my mother asks. I fly ships, and I guess now I elude Sith captors.” She said the final bit with a small smile and a wink.

[member="Vrak Nashar"]

[member="Mariya Pyne"]

He perked an eyebrow. So Jamie and Mariya did not share a mother? Interesting, from the way Humans talked he had always thought they were a monogamous species.

"They weren't Sith." He pointed out. The Royal Guard had once been Pureblood long ago, but the...diversity of the Resurgent Empire had seen that fact whither away. Vrak had been one of the first to embrace it, despite his xenophobia, but it had been a good play for power. Neesa had agreed to the fact, even helped him train some of the Guard. "They were human."

The Pureblood mused. "And just Guards."

Downplaying the girls achievements would likely irritate her further. The ripple of annoyance that crossed her features when he'd made fun of her age had been amusing, but it also presented him with an opportunity. An idea slowly began to form in the back of his mind, a way to play this properly without having to actually interact with the girl at all. A small smile twitched on his lips, though the expression was wiped away as he refocused himself on Mariya.

"Korriban was not always a ruin." He told her simply. "It was ravaged by war, my own people and then later the Jedi. Athiss on the other hand only appears a ruin from orbit, a trick of the force placed there by my ancestors."

Slowly he lead her to where he wanted. "Not that I would expect you to comprehend."

“They were with you, that’s Sith enough in my book.”

Mariya didn’t give a hoot whether or not Vrak considered the guards, soldiers, or whatever they were to be Sith or not. They came with him, they took his orders, they protected him, or at least seemed to. To Mariya, they were Sith. It didn’t matter whether or not they had red skin and face tendrils, or if they looked like her and swore oaths instead.

“Hasn’t it been a ruin for hundreds of years? Some ancient Sith burial ground now or something?” Mariya wasn’t exactly up to speed on all things Sith, but she had done some brief reading out of curiosity.

Rolling her eyes at the jab, much in the manner that Jamie did, she answered Vrak. “Of course I wouldn’t comprehend, how many times do I have to tell you I’m not a Jedi or whatever? Do you even listen to me?”

To her left she leaned, picking up the data pad, her fingers maneuvered across the screen a few times until she finally looked up at the Sith. “Your home doesn’t exist on any map.”

[member="Vrak Nashar"]

[member="Mariya Pyne"]

"It has." Vrak confirmed, still guiding the conversation. He saw an opportunity here now, one that he could easily take advantage of.

It was more than clear to him Mariya was brash, indignant and tended to move ahead of herself. They were qualities that some of his siblings shared. Over-eagerness was a quick path to the grave, something many of his brothers had learned. It only took one wrong move to end your life. Though he had something else in mind for the young girl.

"The world is more of a shrine now." The Pureblood stated. "A consecration of the past and the power that it held."

She wouldn't understand that either, not knowing the force. In truth though he doubted even a true Jedi would really comprehend Korriban itself. The Order had something similar in Tython, but it wasn't the same. Korriban held the consecrated ground of thousands of Sith Lords over the millenia. The power that he felt walking upon Korriban was nearly unmatched. He felt only stronger on Nathema, there where the Sith Emperor had risen to his immortality.

He stayed quiet for a few seconds. "Not on any you can find, no."

"I doubt it is within your ability to find it." He chuckled quietly. "Or that your Queen would let you."

"Why would I want to go there?" She asked. "To find more of you? What sort of reward is that?"

What could there possibly be for her on a secretive Sith planet when she was deaf to the Force? If he was any kind of representation of his people, and judging by the sound of this discussion thus far, he was, then going there would hardly be beneficial to her in any way. If anything, it would just be running into a trap.

Besides, it wasn't charted, meaning getting there alone would be incredibly dangerous.

"If you think for a second I would let you out of that cell you really are an idiot."

Jamie definitely wouldn't let her go out looking for Athiss. Jamie herself wouldn't even go to the planet had she known of it. Walking into the hornets nest was hardly an effective approach.

"She's your Queen now, too." The words rolled off her tongue with such sweet, stinging satisfaction.

[member="Vrak Nashar"]

[member="Mariya Pyne"]

Vrak let out a bark of a laugh, a smile touching his lips. "That little girl is as much a Queen as an ant."

Queen.

He couldn't even believe that these people used such a title for a ruler like that. The Sith had King's once, thousands of years ago before the first Emperor had taken his throne. Adas had been the first, followed by a dozen others who had lead his people to bloodshed and glory. The title had always been earned of course, always been taken by force, never given, never simply handed to someone. It was a disgusting practice, simply giving someone a throne.

It should have been earned. His laugh slowly died down, eyes refocusing on the girl in front of him.

"Regardless of what you do." The Sith Lord began. "I won't be in this cell, or any other, for long."

He was sure of that at least. Fingers twitched slightly within the restraints, his neck moved just the slightest bit. The last time he had broken free he'd worn the collar down, slipping the needles inside of it free. He could do the same this time, though he would have to do so more carefully. Jamie would know some of his tricks, but not all of them. He would have to ensure there were multiple plans in place, not just the single path. It would be more difficult, but possible.

"My people left Athiss." He continued on, answering her question. "Abandoned it shortly after this...new Empire rose to prominence."

"And here you are, prisoner of the ant. Despite all your talk. Aren't Sith supposed to be strong? Or is that just a myth too?"

Mariya leaned forward, smile on her face as he ceased his insolent laughter. "From what I hear? You're going to have a carbonite bath. I don't know where you think you're going anytime soon."

The girl made a mockery of his laughter in as annoying of a tone as she could muster.

"They ran away? Were you their leader? I guess I can draw the conclusion as to why they fled then. They shouldn't have picked a weakling to be their ruler."

The new Sith Empire was one that had made waves over the galaxy. They were spreading faster than wildfire and had taken Jedi temples in the far reaches of space. It made news headlines. Naboo was safe, relatively speaking. That war wasn't near their doorstep, which certainly helped its citizens sleep better at night. "Where'd they run away to? Or were you not invited so that's why you're here?"

[member="Vrak Nashar"]

[member="Mariya Pyne"]

He had to keep from gritting his teeth, not because of her insults, but because of the news of carbonite. That in it of itself presented a problem greater than he had anticipated. It made sense in a way, even the most powerful Sith couldn't break free from Carbonite but...he also wouldn't be conscious inside of it. Freezing him in the material would make it so he was no longer awake, it was pretty much like a stasis chamber. As far as prison went, it was a poor one, though it would be more cutting than either Jamie or Mariya would realize.

The Sith Lord took a breath, keeping the smile on his face. "They didn't run."

Simple truth.

"They saw opportunity." The Purebloods of Athiss had spread throughout the new Empire in an attempt to gain as much power and influence as possible. Many of them had sworn themselves to that idiotic new Emperor, some with genuine intent, others with the exact opposite. To Vrak they were all equally stupid, simply asking to be targets of eventual retribution. The fools would lead them down to extinction, and there would be nothing he could do. "They remain within the new Empire, spreading their plots and drawing as much power as they can."

Not that he cared much. "It is within our nature to seek out power."

The girl had let slip an important piece of information, and now rather than focusing on their conversation Vrak had begun to plot. He would need to escape faster than he had thought. Much faster.

The brunette slipped free of the table, standing up. "Sounds like they ran to me." Whatever he wanted to call it to make them seem like less of cowards was up to Vrak.

Mariya didn't pretend to know how whatever Sith empire was growing within deep space operated, but she surmised that it probably involved a lot of murder and backstabbing. She wasn't quite as filled in as Jamie when it came to the galactic stage, nor did she try to be. She knew approximates, and those more of a threat to Naboo more closely, such as the First Order and the Confederacy, as well as the Galactic Empire. In terms of credibility, those were far more threatening than the Sith.

She strode towards the exit, where promptly the shield before the door fell away. Turning back to look at Vrak she gave a half-hearted waive.

"Thanks for the lightsaber. I'll be back later to bother you."

[member="Vrak Nashar"]

[member="Mariya Pyne"]

Vrak said nothing as the girl left, in truth he was thankful to be rid of her.

The girls voice had been grating, and although he hadn't convinced her to be foolish enough to venture to Athiss, he had at least gleaned valuable information from her. Naboo had Jedi upon it, along with the security forces that Jamie had updated. It made escape more difficult, though not any more so than escaping from carbonite. His lips thinned at the thought, and slowly his eyes drifted towards the restraints on his arms and legs. There was a way to escape.

He knew there was.

Doing so would be unpleasant, but it also wasn't entirely out of the question when the alternative was becoming a stone for the next century or so. The Pureblood couldn't afford to be away for long. His death would have been preferable to being stuck in carbonite, but he knew that Jamie would be too much of a coward to do such a thing. There were precious few options left to him.

Eventually Seraphina would notice his prolonged absence and take her own action. He guessed that she would take their daughter and run. Fear, and an odd sort of loyalty, kept her from doing so now, but if Vrak disappeared for more than a few months he had no doubt she would make a break for it. The prospect wasn't something he could really blame her for, but he knew that he had to prevent it. His daughter was to be his legacy, and for that to happen he needed to be there to guide her.

So he had but one option left.

As unpleasant as it would be.

Mariya spent the next few hours looking after Jamie. She’d been sedated after undergoing surgery to repair the damage done by the pike that had pierced through flesh and muscle of her shoulder. Among her other injuries she seemed to suffer from minor burns and cuts. The worst of it looked to be isolated to the shoulder.

All things considered she was doing well, and would likely be awake by nightfall. The other Jedi would be tasked with moving Vrak, as she was in no state to preside over his transfer. Mariya intended to be present for that, to watch the Sith squirm before being frozen in a carbonate chamber.

She wondered if he would have anything to say before taking an eternal nap.

Satisfied with her sister’s condition Mariya decided to return to Vrak’s temporary holding cell and inquire about the preparations for his incarceration.

[member="Vrak Nashar"]

[member="Mariya Pyne"]

The needles in his neck were still in place, the collar tight around his neck.

Working them out had taken months time previously, every day moving them just the slightest bit. Now that he was on a time table the challenge was proving far more difficult, but his plan would prove much the same. Eventually they would have to let him down from the stasis field, and that would be enough of a glimpse to what he needed to do. His eyes slowly wandered up and down the restraints, looking for that small failing point that he could abused.

He just needed a tiny opening.

A part of him wondered if Seraphina was already considering leaving. He had not told her where he was going, only that he would be gone for a few days. Generally he thought she took these times as a reprieve from him, time that she could spend with her daughter alone. The Pureblood didn't hold that kind of thinking against her, after all they both knew the fate Vrak wanted for their child.

His lips thinned.

Fingers curled slightly within the restraints, a small tug pulling his wrist just slightly.

Progress was slow, but if they moved him soon he would hopefully be ready in time.

A transport ship landed outside the isolated building that presently housed Vrak Nashar. Within it, two Jedi Knights, six Security Force guards, and Mariya. The ship would be what took Vrak to the chamber to be placed on a long freeze for the remainder of his incarceration for the multitude of crimes committed against the crown, as well as Naboo.

”Wait here, please.” The Jedi instructed Mariya. They were aware that the girl was the Queen’s sibling, though they weren’t too certain exactly how much Jamie would want her around this subject, yet they weren’t in a position of power to stop her, either. Technically her authority fell to the Security Force, given her position as a fighter pilot, hence why the Jedi requested that they all wait until the Sith Lord was retrieved.

Vrak would hear the sound of voices carrying beyond the confines of his cell when the shield in front of the door faded away, and in strode two men. Each held an electrostaff, likely as a deterrent in the event that Vrak made some effort to escape them even when bound as he were.

”We’re lowering the stasis field and relocating you. If you move you resist us you will be electrocuted.”

[member="Vrak Nashar"]

[member="Mariya Pyne"]

It had happened faster than he'd expected.

Vrak had thought that they would give him at least a few days, perhaps even longer given the circumstances. As far as he knew Jamie was still unconscious, meaning this likely wasn't a decision the Queen herself had made. Briefly the Pureblood wondered what the reaction would be from her, though he quickly realized that it didn't matter. He had to escape, and soon. His muscles flexed for a moment, a breath filled his lungs, and then he glanced down towards the man that had spoken to him.

His eyes slowly floated towards the Jedi's lightsaber, his lips tweaking into the slightest smile as he saw the weapons. So these were the Jedi that Mariya had mentioned. A part of him wanted to question them, but he knew that doing so wouldn't lead anywhere. They likely weren't in the mood to speak.

For some reason that thought amused him.

The Pureblood said nothing as the two men flanked him on either side, their electro-staves already pointed his way. He would have called them paranoid, but he needed to focus. Even without the force he was still someone to be reckoned with.

He just needed to wait for the right moment.

In Jamie’s absence the Governor of Theed had made the call to have the Sith Lord placed in carbonite stasis. It was the safest avenue for the time being, both for the people of Naboo and for the Queen, including the Queen’s immediate family. Thus the RSF and Jedi had been dispatched to see it done.

Whether or not Jamie would agree to such imprisonment upon her recovery would have wait to be seen.

The Jedi lowered the stasis field, carefully watching Vrak’s movements. They flanked the Sith on either side, front to back, and immediately ordered him to keep his hands raised. One would administer a sedative to ensure the safety of the trip aboard the transport, under guard of the RSF.

The Jedi behind Vrak held the electrostaff rather uncomfortably close to the Pureblood’s back, just in case.

Back on the transport Mariya waited, rather impatiently. Any time they needed to move him while he was even semi-conscious it would be dangerous.

[member="Vrak Nashar"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom