Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Padawan Under the Radar -- Jedi Temple, Kashyyyk

if they're watching anyways
Auteme wasn't quite a Jedi -- not that anyone noticed. None of the people at the temple had really questioned why she was there... her mentor had spoken to them before he'd left a week ago, and gotten her a pass to the archives.

The teenager didn't mind, though, that meant she was able to wander around the beautiful temple on Kashyyyk. It was a wonderful place; Auteme loved being able to spend time in the massive archives. She could learn about the Jedi, about the Force, about the galaxy. And perhaps she'd be able to figure out exactly what that old monk had been looking at here.

She hummed lightly as her flats padded along under her down the hall to the archives. Seemed like the Jedi didn't quite have their dress code down -- but Auteme was definitely a civilian, wearing jeans and a simple red hoodie. Those old robes always seemed too heavy to her. And they smelled.

Auteme slipped inside, bouncing up the stairs to the second floor as she explored the repository of knowledge. The girl rather wanted to take a Holocron to study and learn from, but she knew she wouldn't get one. For now, she'd content herself with looking through the tall rows of shelves. Eventually she grabbed an ancient-looking leather-bound book from the shelves, and headed over to sit down in the reading area.

[member="Auteme Denkop-Durren"]

Stardust hasnt visited a jedi library in years, a combination of not being interested and being to busy was to blame, but in recent times stardust was beginning to settle a little getting old sucked a bit she was learning. Striding up the steps she recueved a few glances, stardust was not light but not so much dark either that she was barred from entering.

Walking through the halls she hummed gently to herself, she moved about the books as she looked among them humming, she found a few she wished to read and chose one as she moved to the reading area setting down

Of the many things HARDLINE was, a jedi was not one of them. However, simple things like this were never able to stop him before, and it was suprising how far one could get by simply looking the part. He had taken on the appearance and voice of an old jedi master he had known centuries before, and so far he hadn't been questioned. However he did not expect that to continue much longer. In a half baked attempt to hide his complete lack of force signature, he had shoved a canister containing lab grown midicholrians into his chest compartment. His personal experience with the force was rather limited, so he had no idea if something like this would work at all, but he supposed it was better than nothing.

His purpose for being there was simple, he wanted to get a feeling for how the silvers acted, and whether or not he could rely on them in the future. At the moment he didn't have an answer, but his attention was drawn by the arrival of somebody who clearly did not work there. The temple wasn't exactly a closed space, by most regards it was a building open to the public, but in this day and age you don't see people looking for actual physical books, especially of that age group.

His intuition began to tingle slightly so he decided to refer to his companion.

What do you think the kid is doing here?

I wouldn't know, kids these days aren't into old fashioned library books, perhaps it might be good to simply observe?

Perhaps.

So he followed her, making a deliberate effort to appear like he was doing otherwise. Perhaps it was a habit he picked up from Delta, but he felt the need to observe people who caught his interest far more than he did before. Maybe she could be of use to him, and him to her.

[member="Stardust Solus Skirae"] [member="Auteme Denkop-Durren"]

Alexandra Feanor

The Lady in Silver/Grey Historian
Alexandra didn't often come to Kashyyk, being there rarely and only when she needed to browse their own libraries. Her silver robes moving with her and every movement drawing a quick change to how the light hit her robes, making the fabric appear to move like a waterfall with the light dancing off of it. The robes were a formal outfit, something she also did not wear often, but far more so than her travel to this temple. It was something she wore when she was portraying her position as the Silver Lady of Alderaan, the rogue lightside master that served with the Jedi when there were no other options. She was better described as Druidic than what one would expect from a Jedi, but that was her own beliefs overriding Jedi teachings.

Soon she found others she recognized, smiling and nodding to [member="Stardust Solus Skirae"] who she passed along the rows of books and records, as well as the data shelves. The woman was someone she knew but did not talk to often, a connection that alexandra had no true common ground beside where they were right now. It was something else that caught her eye, a dark haired girl walking along the rows, wearing Jeans and a sweatshirt.

This was odd, but not something to be alarmed about. And as she started walking towards the girl, another being caused Alexandra to stop and raise a brow, almost wanting to grab at the flask in her robes as she just stared with a look that was pure confusion.

[member="H.A.R.D.L.I.N.E"], a droid she had seen a few times, was following the girl and tried to act like it wasn't doing that. And all Alexandra could think in that moment was that this droid was absolutely terrible at acting casual. Not to mention the attempt at appearing to be a force sensitive was... laughable for anyone that could sense the force, and if they needed the force to see like alexandra, could see the way the force flowed. Contained in one point, rather than moving through the body, it was clear that the being was not living and Alexandra just sighed before continuing to walk over to [member="Auteme Denkop-Durren"].

The girl had moved to sit down and with a motion of her own hand, she drew a book from a shelf and to her hand, taking a seat across from the young girl and looking down to see what she had actually summoned to her hand. It was some historical text, talking about the post vong war and the developments made then... something she had read before but that was fine, it allowed her to understand the girl in front of her without missing out on learning something during her time here. The only last thing to happen after Alexandra sat down across the girl, was for a small white furred wolf, no bigger than a house cat, to appear and crawl onto Alexandra's shoulder before sitting down and staring at Auteme. Daeda, for all his aid in keeping Alexandra's mind in order, was about as subtle as a freight train.

"Mmmm... Tython, here we are," the teenager muttered, her finger tracing the Aurebesh characters crossing the page. Honestly she'd picked this book simply because it looked interesting -- 'Previous Jedi Temples'. Locations were always interesting to Auteme. Places to visit, places to go, places to study... she'd read about the temple here on Kashyyyk on the Holonet on their way here. She knew from experience that it was better in person.

Auteme hummed lightly as she continued to read, but as another woman sat down across from her she glanced up. She wasn't exactly well-versed in the Force but she could tell there was a little something about her. The teenager could only assume she was a Jedi. There was a slight pause, then she gave a kind, warm smile to the young-looking woman across from her. "Hi," she said in a friendly tone, before she went back to her book. Her observation skills weren't bad, but she wasn't quite a Jedi Master -- she had no idea she was being watched.

[member="Alexandra Feanor"] [member="Stardust Solus Skirae"] [member="H.A.R.D.L.I.N.E"]

[member="Auteme Denkop-Durren"] [member="Alexandra Feanor"] [member="H.A.R.D.L.I.N.E"]

Vaapad, a aggresive form that channeled the daekside into the movement, one stardust used herself and knew she could greatly improve on, along with it she mixed it with a few others

A familiar signature suddenly came to stardust, she glanced up and saw Alexander. Offering the woman a smile she sat up to look around now, seems she had company around and a...droid? She focused on the force it felt centralized within him...looks around she shrugged and kept a watch on him. After a attack from a droid she was suspicious of stuff like that....

Setting back she watched acting like she was reading, glancing up as she noticed the droid seeming to follow ans watch one girl. She stood finally moving to look at the books, carefully she drew a westar from her holster and spoke to [member="H.A.R.D.L.I.N.E"] quietly

gonna ask one time and one time only, what's your business...droid

Celeste stepped into the archives and took in a breath. There was just something about this place that seemed very... quaint. Of course, their archives were highly advanced, a wealth of information available right at their fingertips. But, it really was the ancient tomes that intrigued her, and the accounts of Jedi Masters long past.

Her own reason for visiting today was related to her specialty – healing.

She wanted to read the accounts of Aubrie Wyn, and a talented healer. When she wasn't scouring medical texts, she did rather enjoy reading the personal stories recorded by those that blazed the trail for her field. It was interesting and there were always useful bits of information that she would keep in her mind for later.

Pausing as she walked, she noted the presences of a few in the archive today. Her brows arched at the sight of the Twi'lek Queen, [member="Stardust Solus Skirae"]. And the, her brows arched further upon noticing the strong presence of one [member="Alexandra Feanor"], of Republic fame.

“I see we have some rather famous faces here today.” She said to no-one in particular, a warm smile on her face. “I am not an archivist by any means, but do let me know if I can help any of you find something.”

Well, anything that was in the general commons. As noted by many, the holocrons were kept behind locked doors – special permission was needed to access them. Celeste herself did not even have such access granted at this time. She smiled to [member="Auteme Denkop-Durren"], a new face that was of note. And, her brown eyes narrowed just so as they fell upon [member="H.A.R.D.L.I.N.E"]. Very curious... but it seemed that the Queen would be the first to inquire about his presence.

Horus Arseneau

H
Tags: Join Me!
{I}
header7.png
When [member="Asaraa Vaashe"] had found Horus on Apatros, he had not believed it would result in the man stumbling upon the galaxy's greatest Jedi Order. The Silver Jedi were legends in the Outer Rim, especially to those who had never truly seen the works of the Jedi, but only heard their stories. Horus had been excited when he was invited to the temple. Standing outside of the temple, Horus looked up to the structure with an expression of awe. His worn spacer's leather jacket and ragged jeans revealed him to be far from a Jedi. Yet, an old, rusted, lightsaber hung from his waist all the same. It wasn't that he hoped the Jedi received him as one of their own...but maybe it would mean something that his mother had been a member of their faith.

Horus ran a hand through his dark brown curls, pulling them from his eyes as he made his way inside. He looked to the robed figures who walked along the inside of the temple. Some had their cowls pulled far above their heads, while others walked around freely. They were Jedi, real Jedi who had taken their trials and proven themselves heroes.

"Wow." Horus muttered, before a metallic being approached him. "Excuse me, sir. How may I be of service?" The golden protocol droid held a datapad in his hands, yet his eyes were firmly fastened on the young force user. "I'm- I was invited here by Asaraa Vaashe. She told me I should come here." The protocol droid tapped into it's datapad for a few moments before it's hand perked into the air. "Ah! Mr. Arseneau. I'm sorry to inform you Knight Vaashe is away right now, however she has granted you access to the temple. May I suggest you start in the library?"

The man wanted to scoff at the thought of a library, but instead he merely offered a smile to the protocol droid before nodding his head at it. "Sure, that sounds good." He said, allowing the droid to lead him to the temple's library. "Right this way, sir."

The teenager continued to read through the old leather-bound book, tracing her finger down the page. It seemed that the library was getting busier -- she looked up and glanced around, only then noticing the little wolf on Alexandra's lap. Her face broke into a smile. "What a little cutie..."

It was then that she heard the offer of a certain passerby. Famous faces? Auteme wouldn't know. She wasn't all that caught up with whatever Jedi heroes there were -- but that reminded her that she did have one. Hopefully the texts here were more detailed than the basic descriptions she'd found elsewhere of this Jedi.

"If it's not too much trouble, would you mind showing me where the records of previous Jedi masters are? Clone Wars era, I'm looking for a Master Fay." She turned in her seat to face the healer, giving a slight smile. She hoped this woman knew at least a little about the fabled Jedi master -- Auteme most definitely wanted to learn more.

[member="Alexandra Feanor"] [member="Celeste Rigel"] [member="Stardust Solus Skirae"] [member="H.A.R.D.L.I.N.E"] [member="Horus Arseneau"]

Celeste's smile only widened as the young woman asked about Master Fay. Indeed she knew of her, she was quite a good figure to look up to. A prime example of the light, a kind heart, and a Jedi that left an impression on the galaxy and changed it for the better.

“Ah, yes.” She answered, drawing the young woman's attention to a section of the archives on the other side of the room. “I know of some records, this way.”

Strolling over there herself, she scanned the rows of shelves until she found the right case. Celeste plucked it off the shelf and would hold it out to [member="Auteme Denkop-Durren"]. The chip inside could be placed into the archive consoles, bringing up an assortment of information about Fay.

“Now, if only we had the secret of her endless youth.” Celeste said, her attempt at humor. Indeed she'd never met anyone like the fabled Fay, she imagined that her force presence was immense. Of course, there was also the chance that some of the Jedi's heritage lent to her appearance as well.

“You know,” She started, tapping her chin with an index finger. “There's a master here, Aida Aquila, she actually reminds me of Fay, in a way. She followed in her path as a traveling Jedi, too. Perhaps you ought to meet her someday.” Celeste then realized that she didn't even know this young learner's name. “My name is Celeste Rigel, it's nice to meet you --”

She smiled and left a pause for the young woman to give her name.

Alexandra Feanor

Alexandra grinned and her eyes moved up to look at the girl with a raised brow, knowing that Daeda was getting a bit proud about being called a little cutie. The little wolf was just as sentient as every other person in the room, and liked it when he got recognized for anything which forced Alexandra to sigh and reach up, messing up the fur on the top of the small wolf's head and leaving him now preoccupied on that before turning her gaze back on [member="Auteme Denkop-Durren"]. She was going to speak until it seemed Celeste would soon come to help the young woman.

With her help given, Alexandra just smiled and looked back down, hearing the comment about eternal youth and a small twitch to her smile appearing. There was something interesting about the thought of eternal youth, her current body mimicing such but not truly eternal. She thought on that as the woman exchanged her name and drew more interest from Alexandra, causing her head to turn and her eyes to fall on Celeste now. The two were equally interesting, Auteme due to her place at the temple, the clear show of her not being a Jedi, and then Celeste, who was easily a seasoned one, though Alexandra could not recall the face for right now.

It made her wonder if there would be someone she did know coming by.

But for now Alexandra just relaxed, smiling and looking back down at the words, reading from them as Daeda switched shoulders and looked at the two, watching them. The little wolf allowed her to observe the situation, letting Alexandra focus on both it and the words before her.

She couldn't help herself though, grinning. "Careful, those who seek eternity tend to regret it in most myths."

[member="Celeste Rigel"]

"Great," Auteme said with a smile. She hopped to her feet, closing her book quickly before beginning to follow the Jedi healer. Book care was very important! Such texts wouldn't exist forever... but she'd return to it soon, after reading a bit about the Jedi Master Fay.

The teenager took the case eagerly from Celeste, keeping up her warm smile and giving a slight nod. "Thank you!" She listened to the healer speak, giving a small chuckle at her little joke, to satisfy any validation the woman might need. As if eternal life would be given out so easily... and it wasn't eternal, it appeared, otherwise she'd be looking to meet Fay in person.

"It's a pleasure to meet you Celeste." She stuffed the case under her armpit and stuck out a hand for a shake. "I'm Auteme. You have a very pretty name," she said, her smile growing slightly. "And I'll keep it in mind, maybe I'll look around for her a bit." Auteme knew she was a little better with books than people, but no big deal -- if this Aida Aquila was worthy for a similarly eternal life as the fabled Master Fay, maybe she was worth meeting.

"Thank you for your help, again. I think I'll go sit down and look through this," she said, holding up the case. She once more gave a friendly smile and nod, then stepped away, heading back to the reading area. The teenager beelined for the console closest to her former seat, pulling out the little chip and placing it inside the console. Time to read a little more...

[member="Celeste Rigel"] [member="Alexandra Feanor"]

Celeste was aware of the eyes watching, those of [member="Alexandra Feanor"], but she made little effort to make it known. That is, until the woman commented. Brow arching again, Celeste couldn't help but chuckle.

“I don't think anyone here is that foolish.” She replied, smiling. “There is something to be said about aging gracefully, after all.”

They were not here to delve into the intricacies of such things. No matter, her lame attempt at a joke had resulted in a chuckle from the young woman. That was enough for Celeste. Truly, her own interest in Fay was not centered around the fact that she maintained a youthful appearance for so long, but rather that she used her abilities to better the galaxy.

Glancing back to [member="Auteme Denkop-Durren"], she gave a nod. “How kind,” She replied to the compliment. “And, of course – please take your time.” Celeste smiled as she watched the young woman move back to the reading area. A soft smile remained on her face, it truly did make her happy to see enthusiastic students. The teacher in her was very pleased.

Alexandra Feanor

The grin on Alexandra's lips grew a bit as Celeste responded, her hands carefully closing the text and glancing towards her small companion on her shoulder, a silent conversation between the two occurring and the small creature soon leaving to look for a data file Alexandra needed. One on a individual of her own to look up and her body rose with the wolf off to search for what she sought.

She in turn moved to the shelf she had taken the text from, staring along them until she found what she was looking for and placing the book back in its place, gingerly pressing on it until it looked as if it hadn't been removed at all. The woman then looked back at Celeste and moved to stand beside the woman and follow her eyes before smiling again.

"I assume you do not have a student of your own? Or do you simply enjoy seeing knowledge continue to be passed on?" The question was simple, her voice kept low and her eyes remaining on Celeste's as she waited for a response. Alex did not know this person, they were not Matsu, who hoarded knowledge, or Joshua, who stood straight with a rod run up his rear end. No she was someone different, almost reminding Alexandra of the original masters of the Silvers, those like Rasu and Coci.

Occasionally, Alexandra's dulled eyes would shift, unable to focus exactly on Celeste and rather looking into her rather than at her. Alex didn't actually see the woman to tell the truth, instead seeing her through the force and with Daeda gone for the moment, there was no second pair of eyes for her to see through, only her still damaged pair.

Tag: [member="Celeste Rigel"], [member="Auteme Denkop-Durren"], [member="Stardust Solus Skirae"], [member=H.A.R.D.L.I.N.E], [member="Horus Arseneau"]​

NEWBLUE1.png

Twelve years...

The old saying is that time heals all wounds. However, Josiah Denko would spit in the eye of any man daft enough to utter such drivel to him. Over a decade had passed since his child was taken away from him...and yet, the void in his soul was still there. Yes, the Light had made it possible to move past the agony. Yes, the Jedi Codes insisted that he put aside the Human element of grief and loss in order to pursue his duties. But in his heart, the wound was there. It was because of this silent agony that the Jedi had poured out his soul in the creation of something new: a repository of his thoughts and experiences in the shape of a cube.

The second holocron he had ever created. This one focused far less on imparting techniques of the Force to the next generation, but rather centered around how to deal with the pain of loss. It was something that he hoped none of the future Lightbearers would ever need to experience - but with war being a constant reality in the Galaxy, it would only be a matter of time. Thus, despite his allegiance being to the Confederacy, Josiah decided to share the fruits of his labor with the Silver Jedi Order first. Their archives on Kashyyyk had been a welcome home to many relics and collections over the years - and thus, Josiah could think of none better to house his contribution.

He earnestly hoped that hearing his story of loss, of falling, and of coming home would be useful to someone. Someday. For now, Josiah entered the archives as quietly as possible as to not disturb those who were diligently studying. With his boon safe on his person, the Jedi's strides were inquisitive - simply looking about and getting his bearings. He had not been to this particular Temple before and there was no harm in taking in the sights whilst making his delivery. Upon rounding a corner, his gaze settled upon a face he recognized by reputation alone: [member="Celeste Rigel"] of the Silver Circle. With lips curving into a smile, Josiah regarded the woman with a polite nod.

"Pardon my intrusion," he began. "my name is Josiah Denko, I've a holocron to donate to the Archives. Would you mind directing me?"

Nearby: [member="Horus Arseneau"]
jVCcloT.png
She received stares with every step she took. Some confused, some scared and some near-hostile. She knew she didn’t belong here. Jedi strove for balance and, with the demon in her soul, she was the near antithesis of such a sentiment. Like [member="Auteme Denko-Durren"] and [member="H.A.R.D.L.I.N.E"]; Kaiah Nihl was an outsider seeking knowledge. The Jedi were known far and wide as keepers of history and (nearly) forgotten truths. If there was any place that contained a clue to her affliction, it was the Library on Kashyyyk.

She walked fast, keeping her head down as she skirted past other patrons of the temple. She had always been bad at masking her force signature and she was painfully aware of her incompetence right now. She averted her eyes to the ground and almost collided with a shiny metallic man. “Can I help you Miss?” the protocol droid said, clearly not bothered by the near collision. “I’m looking for a cure to curses or other such maladies” she said, her Nagian sing-song voice kept low. The droid paused, taking time to process the unusual request. “There are many healers within the temple, I’m sure they can assist” the droid responded. “Otherwise, more information can be found in the library”. Kaiah hesitated. She wasn’t sure she trusted sharing her burden with another, or that a healer could even help her. Better to arm herself with knowledge instead.

“Where is the library?”
- - - - -
Eyes were off her now, those coming to and from the library were too involved in study to pay her much mind. She stood before the entrance to the library, her mouth agape, peering in at rows upon rows of books. She’d never seen such a large repository of knowledge, at least not in a physical form. She moved forward to enter, only to find her path blocked.

A short Jedi barred the route ahead, the tag on her red robes reading ‘Assistant Librarian’. “I’ll need to see your library pass before you enter, Miss” she said, suspicion in her eyes. Kaiah towered above the woman, but this didn’t seem to faze her in the slightest. The woman was clearly used to acting in her element and wielded her power with absolute authority. “Sure” Kaiah said brightly. “Here you go”. Kaiah retrieved an old coupon from her favourite diner on Coruscant and passed it over to the librarian, face-down. She then scooted past the shorter woman, quickly making for the library proper, where she could lose her in the shelves.

She felt an invisible force tug at her heels, and she fell sprawling down onto the carpet. “Nice try” The assistant stared down at her with a haughty expression. “You’re not the first apprentice who’s tried to sneak in”. Kaiah groaned into the surprisingly soft floor. “You must let me past” Kaiah insisted from her prone position. “It is a matter of life and death”.

“If you say so” the librarian responded doubtfully.

[member="Stardust Solus Skirae"] | [member="Alexandra Feanor"] | [member="Celeste Rigel"] | [member="Josiah"]

I'm a teacher,” Celeste answered Alexandra, smiling. “While I may not have a padawan learner at this time, I have many younglings to oversee. Celeste Rigel,” She added her name, “And I recognize you by reputation, Alexandra Feanor, of course. It's very nice to meet you.” She nodded politely.

She was not bothered by the way the other woman's glassy eyes seemed to gaze through her. It was certainly not every day that the archives of the Silver Jedi were visited by such leaders, but it was a nice surprise nonetheless.

Another presence, a male voice. Turning slightly, Celeste glanced to the man that had just introduced himself as Josiah Denko. She blinked, but offered a warm smile to him.

Oh, right this way.” She said.

Motioning with her hand towards the large desk towards the back, she stepped to escort Josiah there.

It is quite generous of you to consider donating to our archives, I'm fairly certain the archivists here will be quite pleased.” She said, her smile remained for a moment, but she turned a quick glance over her shoulder as they went.

There was something strange. It was dark, but she couldn't quite put her finger on what it was. Nevertheless, it warranted caution. Were the archives always this busy? It was no wonder that some of the staff were always on the cranky side.

[member="Kaiah Nihl"], [member="Josiah"], [member="Alexandra Feanor"], [member="Auteme Denko-Durren"]

Twelve years.

As her reading of the files on Master Fay went on, Auteme's mind began to wander. This particular Jedi Master reminded her of her own mentor and guardian -- the monk of Clan Durren. Unfailingly kind and generous, good, mindful, whole. These were traits the monk and Fay appeared to share. She'd already decided that she would keep his name, introduce herself as Auteme Denko-Durren. He had been a father to her... still, there was that tug in the back of her mind as once more she wondered about her real father.

She'd always assumed he was dead, along with her mother, who had likely died in the crash all that time ago. What other reason would there be for them being unable to find her? Unbeknownst to her there was a reason for this sudden thought. The Force worked in mysterious ways.

The teenager delved once more into her studies, still seeming rather out of place in these pristine Jedi archives.

[member="Josiah"] [member="Celeste Rigel"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom