Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Noblesse Oblige to Save Information[Republic]

Kian laughed quietly under his mask when [member="Corvus Raaf"] shot him the glance. Shaking his head, he brought out his datapad and brought up his files.

"Nespis VIII is located in the Nespis systems and is part of the larger Auril systems. The planet is surrounded by a number of orbiting stations....these stations see a lot of various traffic." Kian said, adding what little he had on the location. He had never been to Nespis VIII and prior to Corvus' question Kian had never even heard of the planet.

"Kana," Kian said turning to the Jedi Knight, "you look.....refreshed!" Kian said folding his arms across his chest and chuckling to himself once more.

[member="Kana Truden"]

Kana slid into the pilot’s seat with the same content smile as before. Her role as pilot was growing on her, she had missed out on so much back when she had simply been co-pilot! She raised her index finger as she went over the systems again in case Corvus had missed something. She squinted. Just-woke-up drowsiness, her one true weakness. As it became a lot more obvious that Corvus hadn’t missed anything she slid into a considerably more comfortable position and spoke up.

“Well, like Kian said, some of them used to house ancient jedi relics but, uhhh, Vader ‘fixed’ that.” Kana rubbed her forehead in an effort to remember. “Oh, and then some Imperials used that fact as a way to lure jedi and trap them for experiments.”

She punched in the codes and kept quiet for a few seconds as the ship entered it’s hyperspace jump. There was something more to it but what was it. Something about the experiments were weird. No, horrible, but what?

“Oh! The experiments were, uh, macabre to say the least. Something about ripping the very force-essence out of jedi and other force-sensitives. So uh, here’s just hoping you two aren’t dragging me into that.”

She darted her eyes between her two friends. Had she really just remembered all that? Hmm… Odd.

[ [member="Corvus Raaf"] | [member="Kian Karr"] | [member="Marcello Matteo"] | [member="Gir Quee"] ]
(I am expecting us to arrive by at most my next post!)

Corfus nodded at Kana's knowledge of the planet and it's history. Had she just looked that up or did she really research it before? Either way she knew her stuff and Corvus didn't. She wasn't sure of she should be happy for her friend or jealous. But jealousy wasn't in her make-up so she smiled at her friend.

"I'm sure that's just a coincidence. But you know a lot. Nothing to do with Kyle Katarn by any chance?". It wasn't a serious question, she just wanted to show her friend she was impressed.

But time was pressing, the sooner they got to the planet the better...

[member="Kana Truden"] | [member="Kian Karr"]

Kian smiled to himself as [member="Kana Truden"] and [member="Corvus Raaf"] joked back and forth. Pulling his hood up over his head, Kian sunk back into the seat and closed his eyes.

"Wake me when we get there?" Kian said he allowed his mind to wander into the force. He had to think about how they would begin searching for the slicer......or perhaps he would daydream about customizing a J-1....the possibilities were endless.

((OOC: Sorry I'm not getting notifications from this thread...))

Marcello and [member="Rano"] arrived in what passed for a small cantina onboard the station. Having settled into a booth, the Jedi Master contacted [member="Gir Quee"] to inform the man of their location on the station. While they waited, Marcello shifted his glacier-blue gaze in the direction of the young boy seated across from him. "How are things going back at the Temple?" While Rano was indeed Marcello's apprentice, the boy was still very young...there were a handful of generic classes he was still required to take at the Temple when not engaged in his duties with Marcello.

[member="Corvus Raaf"] | [member="Kana Truden"] | [member="Kian Karr"]

[member="Marcello Matteo"]

" its going good.. still having to get use to being around people. After so long of trying to avoid being around others, its a big change.. But i like it, wish i had not choosing to isolate myself as i had" He replied as he looked around.

“Sure thing.” Kana turned her full focus to the controls of the ship. “You go ahead as well, Corvus. We’ll be there soon enough.”

With everything in check Kana leaned back into the seat. This jump would take a while.

Two Days Later... - Present Day
Raven skipped out of hyperspace and the trio found themselves floating in front of what Kana could only describe as a space station. The communications link opened up and the standard docking procedure was carried out. Send data, receive a docking bay and land. At least it wasn’t like the trip to Nar Shaddaa. At least hopefully not. Kana shot Corvus a glance. Raven was doing well considering the damages she had suffered recently. From crashing to having detonators blow a hole in her.

The ship touched down slowly but steadily and with a gentle thud they could safely assume they had landed without a scratch. Kana got out of her seat and made way for the exit ramp without saying a word. She pressed the button and slowly but carefully popped her head out to check for any potential robbers. Nope, nothing.

“Corvus you can go ahead and send message to this ‘Marcello Matteo’ that we have arrived.”

[ [member="Corvus Raaf"] | [member="Kian Karr"] | [member="Marcello Matteo"] | [member="Rano"] | [member="Gir Quee"] ]

Gir meandered through the space station, warily eying the inhabitants of the fringe as he navigated its corridors. Most of them ignored him. Mostly, he ignored them in turn. He found this mutual anonymity oddly comforting, yet he couldn't help but stare at a few of the more odder elements from time to time, like the man wearing mismatched clothes with a Kwolikan monkey on his shoulder, or the bounty hunter who still seemed to have a smattering of blood caked on his armor. But the constant flow of people and droids distracted him even from such aberrations he as navigated through the station's corridors.

Finally, the blonde man crossed through what seemed to be a dozen pop-up holo advertisements before entering the cantina where [member="Marcello Matteo"] and [member="Rano"] had found a booth. The naval officer slipped into the booth next to Rano and by Matteo. He glanced at them. How does one greet a Jedi on official duty, or is this more undercover? He cleared his throat.

"Good day, gentlemen."

[member="Corvus Raaf"] | [member="Kian Karr"] | [member="Kana Truden"]​

(Sorry, I didn't get the notifications either, or I would have responded sooner)

Corvus had spent the journey practicing a variety of skills but once they dropped out of hyperspace she went to the cockpit to speak to Kana. She watched her negotiate the ship into the space station and once they were secure she followed Kana's suggestion and contacted Master Matteo.

'Master Karr and Knights Truden and Raaf have arrived safely. Can you confirm where we should travel to to optimise our deployment?'

Marcello's ice-blue eyes focused on the Captain as he took a seat. Offering the man a simple nod of his head, he motioned to [member="Rano"]. "This is my apprentice. Padawan Rano."

While Rano and [member="Gir Quee"] greeted each other, he retrieved his datapad. After reviewing the message, he sent a brief reply to [member="Corvus Raaf"]. "Cantina, Neera Station. Captain Quee from the Republic Navy has already arrived." Stowing the datapad, Marcello returned his gaze to the other two. "There are a few others on their way." For a brief moment, his eyes searched the crowd. "We should relocate to a larger table."

Coming to his feet, the Jedi Master set himself to purpose, eventually settling on a larger table closer to the center of the room. It was less discrete, but discretion was not completely necessary at this particular point in time.

[member="Kian Karr"] | [member="Kana Truden"]

As they approached the spaceport, Kian rose and left the cockpit. As he went, he grabbed the bag he had brought with him and changed from the Jedi Shadow robes to a plan black tunic and pants and over-top of these he threw on a dark grey cloak and raised the hood up over his head. Kian slid his lightsaber around, out of sight and headed back to the cockpit. He was a Kel Dor so he would still stand out, but it wouldn't be obvious that he was a Jedi....besides spacesports saw all sorts of species, so he likely could blend in at least a little.

"Shall we?" Kian asked [member="Kana Truden"] and [member="Corvus Raaf"] as he walked back into the room. As he awaited there answer he began to run through his datapad, looking for any reports relating to the spaceport from the last few weeks, hoping to find something that stood out. Kian still wasn't sure about the circumstances of the case they were being brought in on and was sure more answers would be forthcoming at the cantina.

Corvus possessed just one set of clothes other than the robes she usually wore - the ones she'd arrived at Ossus in. It was fortunate she hadn't changed much physically since she'd landed at the Academy.

So she put them on and carried her saber in a small bag that she slung over her shoulder. Joining Master Karr, she waited for Kana before they set off. Seeing him eye the data pad, she asked, "Anything new come through?"

[member="Kian Karr"] | [member="Kana Truden"] | [member="Marcello Matteo"] | [member="Gir Quee"]

As Kian glanced through he didn't notice anything of significance related to the current mission. Kian didn't like not knowing things....part of why he worked with the Shadows was his love for investigative work and for intelligence collecting...but he didn't know much about this case and hoped that would change when they arrived at the cantina.

Turning toward [member="Corvus Raaf"], Kian shook his head. "No, nothing of importance." Kian said and let out a slightly frustrated sigh.

"I wish we knew more."

[member="Kana Truden"]

Gir rapidly scrolled through his datapad's pages as Jedi Master Matteo and his apprentice, [member="Rano"], lead him over to a more noticeable table. If he hadn't been accompanied by a pair of friendly jedi, Gir would have been wary of leaving the booth's seclusion and security. But he admitted that moving to a larger table was more sensible given that more people would be joining them soon. Gir slowly walked forward, still staring intently at the datapad.
Suddenly, the world seemed to spin as he fell, before another hand grasped his flailing free hand and dragged him to his feet. Gir found himself staring into the dark eyes of a man with a husky build and a cybernetic left leg. The man's other hand deftly moved to slide past his cloak to rest on the blaster on his belt. Gir could only stare into the man's eyes, despite the apparent danger.

"Didn't see you there, bub," said the man, releasing Gir's hand, "it's been a long day ferrying people about from place to place. And the fair's and tips aren't really cutting it for me anymore. Hey, who's that on the datapad there? His face looks familar..."

"Ah...a friend?" offered Gir slowly.

"Let me see that," said the man, ripping the datapad out of the officer's hand, "a friend, huh? Perhaps you'd be willing to pay the debt that he owes me. The man owes me a full fair after I dropped him off at home the other day...he gave me a credit chip, but it ended up being counterfeit when I tried to cash it, no good..."

"Mister..."

"I ain't no mister," retorted the taxi shuttle driver, "I work for my living. I'm Sate Bombassa. But most 'ere call me "bombs" for short."

"Gir Quee," offered the man from Hast, "why don't I get you a drink and you can join us at our table. I'd like to hear about him a little more..."

Bombs raised an eyebrow, "You're not much a friend, are you?"

"I'd rather not say," said Gir.

"I see. Got a score to settle, huh? Don't tell me, I don't know want to know. Well, maybe we can help each other out...."

[member="Gir Quee"] [member="Marcello Matteo"]

Rano sat down at the table and sighed a little as he looked around again seeming a tad bit nervous, and hoped they would not be there for too much longer.

Marcello had been just about to move to assist [member="Gir Quee"] when he realized the two men began...conversing rather amicably. Allowing the Force to enhance his hearing, the Jedi Master eavesdropped on the conversation. When he'd heard enough, he turned his head towards [member="Rano"] at the boy's audible sigh. "Center yourself, Rano. No one will pay you undue mind if you do not give them cause."

Shifting his gaze back to Gir and the man he was speaking to, Marcello reached out in the Force to the faintly familiar presences that had just arrived. He would much prefer they hastened their arrival.

[member="Corvus Raaf"] | [member="Kian Karr"] | [member="Kana Truden"]

Rano nodded and took a deep breath calming himself " crowds still make me nervous" he said glancing at Marcello with his sea blue eyes

Corvus headed straight for the cantina as requested. Once there, she was immediately aware that the others were already there and were not all together. Rather than draw attention to any of them, Corvus nodded to Kian and Kana and they split up and moved independently to get into a position to eavesdrop the conversation the naval officer was having.

But first she stood against one of the walls and allowed her eyes to drop to the floor. Standing as inconspicuously as possible, she closed her eyes and using Force Sight she took in the entire bar - searching for any Dark-sided auras.

[member="Kian Karr"] | [member="Kana Truden"] | [member="Marcello Matteo"] | [member="Gir Quee"]

Kian pulled his hood down as they entered the cantina. It had been his experience that, as a Kel Dor, it was impossible for him to hide in a group without using the force, so instead he wouldn't bother to. Though initially his appearance garnered some looks from the patrons, but they quickly turned their attention back to their own business.

Kian approached the bar and settled in, stretching out with his mind and skimming the thoughts of some of the patrons near by. It was the usual sort of things. People worried about their problems....lack of money...gambling debts....unfaithful spouses....but nothing that drew Kian's immediate concern.

[member="Corvus Raaf"] - [member="Kana Truden"] - [member="Marcello Matteo"] - [member="Gir Quee"]

( OOC:Skipping directly to the Cantina)

It was like a throwback to her life before the jedi. Her friends might have needed the force to tell people apart but Kana felt relatively certain about these things. The faces of people around the cantina spoke a lot more about them than they hoped. For example the look of worn-out indifference on the bartender’s face as he was stuck with a repetitive job on a station in the middle of nowhere.

Had a Sith been nearby they would have stood out from their actions. They’d most likely be too focused to drink and looked like they didn’t belong. Their eyes would wander around the cantina or they would be sitting in a corner somewhere not doing anything. It had been what made Kian stand out from the others that time Kana had to meet him in a cantina that one time.

Still, the added precautions was called for. With a slight lean in she spoke to Corvus.

“Do you see them?”

[member="Kian Karr"]​
[member="Corvus Raaf"]​
[member="Rano"]​
[member="Marcello Matteo"]​
[member="Gir Quee"]​

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom