Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tag: [member="Startorn"]

The pale woman's gaze lingered on the man for a time as he spoke. Startorn's beliefs mirrored some of her own. Obviously the offworlder lacked a respect for the spirits around him, but that was hardly a unique quality for this one male. It was the hunter within the Dathomiri that understood his seemingly self-made religion. If you trusted neither yourself nor your weapons you would end up food for prey. As for this 'technology,' Vytal had her own opinions on the matter.

"That would depend on many things," Vytal replied openly. "It is not a means of immortality, after all. However," a smile curled the corners of her lips upward, "those revived are never broken as a result of the resurrection itself." Healing was an art they had perfected, if the Nightsisters could attest to their own ability. It was not, however, able to heal all things. Sometimes dead was dead. Although, if one's physical body was of no concern there were alternatives. Not easy, not advisable, but possibilities.

"Come," Vytal stepped to the side, "we should pay tribute to the night's couple before they retire, spent from countless nobles prostrating themselves at their feet."

"the workings of politics, I will never understand them, why throw a party for people to come and fawn at your feet and tell you of your accomplishments?" Startorn wondered aloud and said "then by all means milady, lead the way"

[member="Vytal Noctura"]

Attire: Black Robe
Tag: [member="Startorn"] | [member="Adron Malvern"] | [member="Alessandra Malvern"]

"Because how else will you be assured others knew of those accomplishments?" Vytal laughed softly as she led the way through the crowd. Not that she disagreed with the Mandalorian, really. These social gatherings full of pomp and abundance had drawn no small measure of ire from the Dathomiri woman when she was new to the galaxy at large. Such waste. Such self-aggrandizing. But as many things, she came to see it as simply the way of offworlders -- traditions and rites which Vytal was grateful had not polluted her home yet. Only time would tell what influence the Sith had.

At least the King here was not merely smug with his own stature. It made this entire affair sufferable. He seemed happy, which was a different look for Adron.

"Now," the Witch spoke as they drew near, "do as I do. If you insult the happy couple, you may end up in a very deep, very dark pit." The thought amused her ever so much. Nothing like springing a last second complication to what was supposed to be a simple greeting. Of course, Startorn may have already expected as much depending on his clientele.

With measured step, Vytal awaited proper time and then strode forth. Her feet stopped and the black-garbed Nightmother bowed politely -- yet not too deeply -- with her eyes upon the center of attention. "My Lord and Lady Malvern, it is a pleasure to see you both in good health and fortune." The Dathomiri woman straightened up with a smile on her lips. "I hope you feel you can call upon my services should you find too many nobles occupying too much of your time." Not that she had the silver tongue of a politician that'd been sweet talking fleshy bags of hot air their whole life, but Vytal had been forced to learn a thing or two. "I am sure the innocent laughter of your son is more than enough to cap tonight's affair."

Naturally, Vytal would have been beside herself if they'd a daughter. Even so, there was no shame in a boy. They were all just as captivating at such young and helplessly innocent ages.

Startorn snorted when [member="Vytal Noctura"] made the comment about a deep dark pit "as if they could capture me" he grumbled before they reached the two.

Startorn was glad of a helmet because it meant he could have whatever face he wanted and no one would be the wiser, currently his face was one of being unimpressed, he gave a slight nod to the Lord and Lady, he'd been told that to royalty you should bow as a show of respect but to be honest he didn't respect the two at all, it's not because he was rude it was because he'd never met them before and he'd never been given a reason to respect them, there was no point in fawning at the feet of someone you've never met before.

[member="Adron Malvern"] [member="Alessandra Malvern"]

VSulUUV.gif

Wearing: Golden dress, purple-black stockings, lightsabers clipped to belt
Mental state: Teasing
Tags: [member="Cali Ziiva"]

8wDTtQq.png

It might have seemed like a small thing to those outside of the relationship pair, but for Cali to call xobos by her full name, instead of a nickname of any kind just signaled to the miraluka how seriously the pink one was taking the conversation. And for that, she was extremely thankful, and was only reassured by the other words spoken from her taller friend. With a deep smile and a squeeze of her hand, Xobos took a moment to lean up and peck Cali’s cheek with a soft kiss before motioning to the door. “C’mon. Party is probably in full swing.”

With a hand firmly clasped around her partners, the apprentice opened up the door and proceeded into the billowing great hall, immediately taken aback by just how many people were there. It did make sense, seeing as her master was the king of this place, anyone of importance would probably come to a party like this one. Still, large social gatherings weren’t exactly her thing. Though the Zeltron currently attached to her side probably had more experience with parties this size, if the stereotypes were to be believed.

Xobos was eventually able to maneuver the pair through the crowd, attempting to not disrupt any conversations, until they had finally made their way to the refreshment area. Being the semi-host of this party meant it was curtesy to get the drinks. Though as she settled into one of the seats near the bar area, it came to mind that Xobos really didn’t know what her partner’s favorite drink might be. Raising an eyebrow as she turned to the pink one, a smirk pulling at the edges of her lips never wavered as she leaned forward, tiling her head slightly as she spoke. “So….what am I getting you to drink before you come and meet my master? Hm, bubblegum?”

8wDTtQq.png

Wearing: Navy practically black halter neckline with sheer fitted bodice embellished with beading
Tags: [member="Xobos Yakieer"]

Our35Z7.png
The Zeltron was mischievous, and painfully child-like to some. Beneath all the bubbles and mirth, however, was a woman that saw more than she let on by far. It didn't help to run around saying as much though. In fact, it was much better people underestimated her or didn't think to have her swept up in some outlandish plan to takeover a planet or something. Who had time to dominate, subjugate, and control? Like, probably fun for the first week; but after that it'd be the same thing over and over and over again -- her people didn't believe in monogamy and conformity. Not to mention all those negative emotions would drive a pink woman like her mental.

She cooed when her Miraluka gave her a kiss. It was nice being appreciated. After all, Cali appreciated Xobos' efforts in not being an emotionally monotone Sith-type. Totally healthier for the Miraluka to smile every now and then.

Soon the pair slipped between the doors with Xobos at the lead. Well, this was her home turf. Though that didn't mean Cali couldn't still fluster and be the dominant one; but it might help having Xobos showing the way to the party in this very big complex. Not to mention the pretty one looked absolutely adorable and excited for the night's festivities. Unlike the Miraluka, however, Cali might have made a few passing comments as they wiggled their way through the crowd. All compliments, of course. So many gorgeous dresses and suits on display. Oh, and their hair. And what lovely shades of cosmetics; it really brought out the deep green in the Rodian's cheeks.

Unlike her partner, Cali didn't hop into a nearby stool or let go of Xobos' hand. Instead she stepped in and pressed herself up against her love's side. "I did say I would behave, didn't I, Xoxo? So, not your strongest bottle... What about something with strawberries?" Her right index finger lifted to run down the length of Xobos' nose until it got to the tip where it slowly slid off. "Everyone likes strawberries."

Tag: [member="Darth Elyria"]

Perhaps they truly were having an affect on one another.

Even before the festivities of the evening, Elyria had mentioned the stench of humanity clinging to her form. The Sith had, to date, dismissed these claims - as she was the furthest thing from human in his estimation. She had, at times, humored his attempts to introduce her to modern technologies. And, in the immediate present, answered his sarcasm with a quip of his own. Were it not for the wildfire within his stomach, Darth Metus might have even been delighted. Instead, his amber gaze settled upon the seat which she had manifested for him. Those same, wicked shadows had nearly killed him within her Vault. But, he did not hesitate to deposit himself into the seat. If she wanted him to suffocate on the Dark Side to death, he was certain she would do it with something other than a chair.

"And then how I will get around? Will you carry me in your arms?" he made a show of half-embracing himself with his offhand before returning his attention to his beverage. While she quipped about his flying credentials, sinking her teeth into a city was...well, she wasn't joking. To date, their accord had seen Elyria stay her hand from the blood of the citizenry; but Darth Metus feared there would come a day when all Hell broke loose. And he, at least in his current state, would be powerless to reign in her voracious assault. That fact alone did nothing to lighten his mood, and thus he consumed a sip of his own wine to pass a few moments.

He listened to her as she spoke regarding paying respects to her son. Or rather, the lack thereof. If he did not know any better, she was a mix of...concerned and frustrated. She was toeing the line of lamenting her current state. And, thus far, Darth Metus had heard her concerns in one form or another before. That they were out of sync. That she was hungry. That they were too soon. Were he actually careless, he'd have directed her to Mandalore for an all you can eat buffet. Rather, his first response was to that accusatory look she shot him at the end of her thoughts. She spat that he did not worship her at all, to which he casually set his right ankle down upon his thigh comfortably.

"Of course I don't." he said, matter-of-factly. "The day you can set a clock on an oven is the day I'll worship the ground you walk on. Moreover, I'm here aren't I? Is that not accepting you?" He then motioned his free hand towards the festivities below. "I distinctly remember that, less than five minutes after setting foot into this reality, your first concern was your son. Now that you've found him, you're settling for the roof? Maybe it's because you've got me by a couple thousand years, but if the shoe was on the other foot? It wouldn't matter if I was down two limbs and had a Ysalamir on my back, I'd go see my kid."

He paused, finishing his wine in a few hearty swigs and setting the glass down upon the rooftop floor. Ascension gripped him thus and he offered the woman his dominant hand to take. "I think you've been in the Vault too long that you've forgotten what it means to live. We cling to those things - those routines and all that - because Humans run through too short lives. You can see far beyond my lifespan. You know what's coming, I don't. But if there's an enemy out there who's bold enough to step up. Well, you know me."

A deep exhale escaped his nostrils as a huff. "But I know next to nothing about you. Save for your taste for wine...and other things. How's about...you be Human for a night. And I'll return the favor tomorrow."

She was going to make him regret this.

blood.png

Darkness3.png
“Someone I loved once gave me a box full of darkness. It took me years to understand that this too, was a gift.”

“Certainly. Though, I will immolate you first.”

Her words were tossed with a tawny bit sass that seemed to indicate that Elyria, Selene, knew she was choosing to take things exceedingly literal. She did not enjoy reading through the lines or following context clues in dialogue. It was a very human thing to do and she was not yet so far gone. “Your ashes will be easier to carry, provided, I choose a proper vessel.”

A vessel that she would acquire with his bartering tokens. Credits, he called them. The irony was not lost on her that she would carry his remains in an urn that she had purchased with his own monetary funds. Her head tilted so that she could offer a lazy smile in his direction that made sensuous lips all the more luxurious. “Worry not. You’ll have an acceptable resting place, Vicelord.”

Pearly white teeth that were almost a little too sharp peeked from between crimson coloring and she released a laugh that rang long and slow. It would touch things within him that it wasn’t meant to, as if she had actually reached within his chest, to stroke that which couldn’t be seen, or named. How much of it was actually her laugh, and how much of it was the Force, would remain entirely unclear.

The slender female sipped at the wine she had been given. Every movement seemed to be achingly unhurried. As if she had all the time in the world. Perhaps, she did. Lengths of ink colored hair continued to move and flow of its own accord. The contrast between it and decidedly pale skin gave the illusion of midnight waves caressing an unblemished shore. Her smile faded abruptly when the Sith Lord admitted to his treasonous lack of subservience. Perhaps, he saw her as a resource. No doubt he knew the power that flowed in her veins. The fool had thought to taste of it. To hold it for himself. Once.

Her strength had nearly killed him.

His words caused already black eyes to darken, if possible, and she watched him over the rim of her glass. What exactly was she intended to glean from this drivel about an oven clock? “Did you just imply that you believe I belong in a kitchen? Like a lowly servant?”, her expression was rather smooth, however, her tone held all the warning in the universe. Then—He spoke of her son. As if he knew the life she had led, watching him grow, and suffer, but being bound to her crystal coffin. Elyria had only ever been able to see his face through the eyes of others. The flavor of his pain was sharp and acidic. She knew it well. That pain…It was buried.

“You do not trap that which you treasure in a jar. He is not an insect for study. He is mine to do with as I see fit.”

The Sith had overstepped.

The tendrils of silken hair that wrapped around his ankle, and higher, began to tighten in a way that Metus would find most uncomfortable. Do not talk to me of the Vault. You have nothing. Your kind have pulled this domain apart. Each of you has snatched a piece of it and even those with the mightiest hordes are paupers.”

It was almost as if they thought that whomever died with the most toys won the game.

Lengths of hair lashed about his thigh, wrapping higher, slashing across his chest until it wrapped around his neck. She didn’t take his air. Not, yet. “You are too foolhardy. Too headstrong, with your too short, too frail, blink of a lifespan. Concerned with the everyday squabbles of lower lifeforms. The only way to win is to never die. To conquer all.”

“That is winning.”

Slowly, she bound the former Mandalorian to the chair in which he sat. She did not understand the game that he wished to play. “How can I be what I am not?”

He wanted her to be human? Ridiculous ape.

“I know you. The you that I know—Knows me. You tore me from linear progression, tore my timeline into shreds, and left me to stitch it back together out of sequence. You caged me. You are mine, and yet, you are not. You have been unmade and I sincerely blame that on the weakness of your species. I possess so much grace, more grace, than this backwater can hope to hold…Yet I remain hungry at your whim. I have not turned your kingdom to ash and stale wind.”

She paused before tilting the rest of the engraved glass back to drain the red fluid. A casual toss sent it sailing off the roof, hopefully, to decraniate some poor fool below. Black eyes hollowed him out while she leaned toward him. Her gaze was fierce, unbreakable, and petrifying while she tried to figure out his newest little game. Child. Internally, she scoffed.

Suddenly—Her gaze narrowed. Ah, he wished to see. “A time will come when you will be tempted to follow the path that all rulers do. It always begins the same. A blind eye toward the dealings of battles in which you have nothing to gain. A deaf ear to the counsel of those closest to you. As your strength increases, so does the separation between you and your fellow compatriots. You will see treachery and betrayal all around you. Even if there is none to be found.”

“You will fall to it. Or, you will rise above it.”

Her hands reached out and pressed to the side of his head.

Conquer, all.

From that touch she would share glimpses of several visions. A world in which they dwelled, many, many centuries ahead of the current time that had cracked. A fleeting image of blending skin, crashing lips, and endless sighs, of peace, where no ignorant mortal dared to question that which existed above. A whisper of power. No war. No struggle. Only, control. The galaxy was at ease because all of the trivial had been cleansed with a purifying fire. When she pulled back he would feel like she’d cracked his head open and poured molten lava into his skull.

“Now, you know.”

VSulUUV.gif

Wearing: Golden dress, purple-black stockings, lightsabers clipped to belt
Mental state: Teasing
Tags: [member="Cali Ziiva"]

8wDTtQq.png

The second that unbearably soft, teasing finger made it’s way down her nose was the moment Xobos’s blush started to show. The longer the touch went on, the darker her cheeks got, as if the Zeltron had found some sort of secret switch on the Miraluka’s face. And it wasn’t even that she didn’t like the touch. There was just something about Cali that was able to press the Miraluka’s buttons just ever so perfectly. She didn’t even realize she had been silent for a few moments until..

“She asked you a question, little master…” Ambrus’s voice, and chuckle, echoed through her mind and caused her to shake it quickly, bringing her back to reality. She gave Cali a little, mock disapproving glare and rolled her eyes. The smirk that had been on her face before the teasing touch returned, and with her mind now in order, she waved down the bartender to where the pair were pressed together.

Once he arrived, he gave the odd pairing a quick look of amusement, then nodded toward Xobos. “Yes ma’am. How may I serve you tonight.” Smirk widening lightly, she made a little motion up toward the Zeltron, who was still pressed tightly against her side. “She..would like something fruity. Strawberries are a must.” Her eyes glanced over at the menu posted for a few moments, until she found what she was looking for. Immediately upon seeing the drink, her eyes lit up, and xobos let go of the hand holding Cali’s for a moment to motion to it. That. The one with the chocolate.”

Order sufficiently in, Xobos’s hand snaked it’s way back into Cali’s. But not before giving the Zeltron a quick pinch on the hip with a smirk soon following. “And for me…” If she had working eyes, they would have met Cali’s at this point, attempting to prompt her to order her partners drink. It would be interesting enough to see what the Zeltron might have in mind for the Miraluka.

8wDTtQq.png

Wearing: Navy practically black halter neckline with sheer fitted bodice embellished with beading
Tags: [member="Xobos Yakieer"]

Our35Z7.png
Cali didn't even make a noise to draw Xobos out of her short-lived trance. It was enjoyable to see her Miraluka flustered over something as simple as pleasant company. Better than getting tense from combat training and near death experiences far as the pink one was concerned. Plus, you know, Cali enjoyed Xobos' company. It was nice having someone steady and reliable to turn to just to chat, maybe lounge on a beach, go shopping... You know, do things.

A warm smile grew as the Miraluka tried brushing off what had just happened. Like Xobos could pretend nothing at all had transpired. That was okay though. Couldn't be too pushy in shattering her partner's attempt at saving face. A pretty face to be saved for sure.

When the bartender arrived, Cali's eyes bounced over to them with a blink. Seemed like they were having a good night. Maybe at the women's expense, but Cali didn't seem to notice. The Zeltron continued to cling fast to the Miraluka's side with both hands wrapped about the other where not even a pack of gundark could separate them.

The smile and gaze of the Zeltron never wavered. Well, except for the soft squeal and giggle from Xobos' playfulness. Cali spoke up with delay provided the Miraluka didn't continue harassing her, "Blood-red sangria cocktail." After but a heartbeat, she amended the order, "Extra skewered cherries." With the order made, Cali turned her attention back to the woman in her arms. A gentle kiss landed upon the tip of Xobos' nose. "A colorful treat for my beautiful woman."

Tag: Darth Elyria Darth Elyria

Ah, there was that "sense" of humor.
Amidst the curve of delightfully stained lips were words uttered without a care in the world. Elyria had indeed been picking up bits and pieces left by the Sith - though Darth Metus had a sinking hunch some of her sass was quite literal. For example, the threat of immolation...for some strange reason, he couldn't help but shake the image of her snapping her fingers and him bursting into flame. All whilst not so much as a strand of her hair moved out of place. He shook his head at the mental image as she continued - promising that he would have an acceptable resting place. "Is that so?" came his immediate retort. "And where would I rest? On your mantle? Or, perhaps, at your bedside so you can remember me fondly."
His offhand moved as if he were a maestro conducting an orchestra for a moment. The level of enthusiasm only matched the snark falling from his lips. T'was then that he descended into the midnight seat whilst she indulged in the wine he had provided. Though she seemed perfectly content with taking her time - in such a way that one might mistake her for savoring the flavor - Darth Metus knew better. It was no secret that the woman hungered for more than just fermented grapes. In fact, all the patrons below were like a sea of her preferred drink. And here she was sipping upon the swill. It was a small miracle that she entertained his requests; though a small part of him wondered what price would be attached.
Soon, the "progress" that was being made in the realm of sass came to an abrupt end. The man's quip regarding her lack of grasp over technology had caused her tone to sharpen. On this, the Sith hastily corrected - but it was only sprinkling water on a grease fire at this point. "No. I was implying that technology is still not your forte. And should the day come where you master setting an oven clock, without blowing it to bits, I shall erect an altar in your name." Okay, he couldn't help the snark there. The fire in his belly was all too demanding. However, it was not the oven bit which caused the inferno, it was the mention of her son.
"I fail to see how reuniting with one's child is entrapmen-" He began to bite back, hands settling upon the arms of his seat as if to stand. However, what was once a simple contact he had become relatively accustomed to - her hair which seemed to have a mind of its own - began to climb. Tightening. Uncomfortable at first, then binding. His teeth grit together immediately as the raven locks ascended. They kept him in place - but they did not snatch the air from his lungs. Not yet. He had fully anticipated his sour mood resulting in his being cast off the rooftop - but asphyxiation via hair was certainly a more interesting way to bite the dust.
And as the locks continued to ascend and to restrict, her words were as fire in the air. He could feel them, each syllable, in the pit of his chest. Whether she meant that intentionally or not, he could not say. Regardless, Darth Metus knew enough not to struggle. Rather, his sulfuric gaze locked upon her own. How can I be what I am not? Her question uttered in response to his request. The deal he had offered that had gone over her head. Like so many things that he said today...and overall. At that point, the Sith shook his head. "I could ask you the same." He kept his words brief, for her train of thought had already left the station.
Admittedly, he recognized that there was some truth to what she spoke. Had he become comfortable in his role - in all he built? Yes. Was his guard lower now than ever before? Yes. Would he ever admit that to her out loud? Kark no. It was then that the glass tumbled from her hand and over the side of the rooftop. There was no point in listening for the minute crash over the music and sounds below. Moreover, she stepped closer and seized his attention. Her icy touch rested on either side of his head. She did not squeeze. She did not clench her fingers to bring him pain. Yet his skull lit up like a firecrack had went off on his scalp.
It had been only a handful of times that visions were forced into his skull.
When he had utilized the old artifact alongside his brother, Ember, to hunt down the Ferocity. They had been given a glimpse of the future. That did not sting. When the mad Mandalorian kept him alive on Haseria, showing him a string of futures in the same instant. That did not sting. When his very dreams were enflamed as his favored apprentice entered his life. Even then, there was no pain. This was unlike those times. As he witnessed her time...it felt as though acid was being poured into his eyes. But he could not tear his vision away. There was so much. That man...the "him" she knew so well...he was different, but very much the same.
And as Elyria pulled away, Darth Metus fell silent. For once in all the time they knew each other presently, he did not have a quip to say. No sass. No icy cold or angst. His gaze raised once more to meet hers. "That..." he began, fumbling over his tongue. Though the rush had concluded...it was like seeing a leftover image after a camera flash. Her laugh, sunsets, an armada, the throne.. It all danced before his mind's eye as he tried to put thought to word.
"I can see why you saved me, on Kuat." he began, leaning back against his bonds. "Out of sync...out of time...Fancy way of putting it. Way too karking early is more like it." He gently shook his head, blinking rapidly. The inferno upon his scalp was beginning to ebb, causing his eyes to water in its place.
"Selene." he said. Her name falling from his lips as if it truly belonged there. "I've quite a bit of work to do...if I'm to make up for all this time. Release me. I'll see you fed. Properly...and then, it's time to go to work." No games. No sass. Only a clear understanding.
Conquer. All.

blood.png

Darkness3.png

“Someone I loved once gave me a box full of darkness. It took me years to understand that this too, was a gift.”

“No.”

A sneer. So dark, so violent, that it could have frozen a lesser man where they sat. “I’ll keep you in a locket.”, she drawled, her voice saccharine, before taking a dramatic sip of her wine. Dark eyelashes fluttered. Beautiful, and dangerously petulant. “—So you can remain close to my heart.”

Not that being close to such a black, shriveled thing, would do him again good. As it stood, his constant proximity to her whilst he still had a mortal form was probably giving him cancer regardless. She would have continued down the path to leading to sarcasm but his tone struck a chord. He always devolved into presuming she had imperfections.

“I will have my altar with or without your senseless game.”

The acidity in her tone could have burned through the floor. His mouth never stopped. He never knew when to quit. He wasn’t half the man he thought he was. This was fact. She knew this man—This shell was not he. There were times when she looked at him and he almost felt like himself. Then, he spoke, stupid flowed, and his visage turned to ashes. It was time that he see. Time that he know. She gave this man her eyes, her memories, and the future that should have come to pass.

Now time was in flux. She was trapped in a loop, a paradox, and the threads of fate were frayed.

“I do not belong here. I play this game, I play your game, but it annoys me. It’s pointless. My time has yet to come and I’ve no right to walk this plane. I belong to a timeline that may be gone. I am trapped.”

Her hands resting along his skull were soft but the power behind them echoed like the roar of some great beast. The towering might of power that he had felt in the Vault returned with a vengeance. It was never gone. No, never gone. Just waiting for her to call it forth. To let it flow through her. When her hands fell away her hair uncoiled, like a snake, and settled around him.

Elyria moved back and came to stand on the edge of the rooftop. Little people. Little rooftops. They all looked exactly the same from here. Mice, lower than mice. The things that feasted on mice. Metus spoke, or tried to speak, and his garbled nonsense flew over her head. She would pay attention when and if he actually had something intelligent to say. His brain would be on fire, full of mutton, for a least a few minutes. He commented that her terminology was fancy and her eyes rolled toward the stars.

“Your vocabulary is archaic. It’s very plain. Out of sync. Out of time. Yes—Too early.”

Her idle snippiness dulled somewhat when he called her by the moniker she used most in this world. Elyria was a title. Selene, was her name. When he spoke it she stilled. Did he really understand now? Knowing and understanding were two very different things. At his request, she released him fully. Her arms crossed over her chest and her back faced him. Her expression was unfathomable.

His words were a promise that she did not know if he could keep.

“I am hungry.”

There. The small concession. Elyria was feeling benevolent and perhaps a little nostalgic. She missed her son. But, his life had changed. He was not the dark little imp that she had guided. He no longer needed her. Just as the Sith Lord from the future was fading. Metus would know from her memories what upset her so. What drove her to look down on everything around her. For all the power she wielded, so effortlessly, it was nothing compared to the gaping hole that had been left in her core. Her timeline was never supposed to this way. She was never supposed to be without him.

Elyria missed him.

In her loss—In her pain—She would set the galaxy on fire.

He couldn't peg exactly what lead him to believe she was some form of droid, but he knew she was one the moment she had mentioned rainfall as a matter of percent. No flesh and blood woman would speak in such a manner, at least not in his experience. If they did, it was because they were talking from a chart, or pontificating from some point of mathematical superiority that they had on standby - a way to win a debate, not make a conversation. His brows lifted, but his smile remained. He was fine listening as she spoke; there was something calming in the way she spoke.

Calming, and inviting. Not a physical invitation, but rather a sociable one. It was the kind of invitation that accompanied the smell of fresh food, or recently laundered clothes. You were welcome, not intruding, and would not be turned away even if your manners were less than pristine. Even the quandary she'd posed to him about his name flew by him like a deflected blaster bolt, scarcely grazing the armor upon which it reflected. An infinitesimal chance.

Statistics, played out in reality.

Just like the woman across from him. The droid across from him.

With a reasonable answer in hand, it was easier to be comfortable. She seemed less to pry and more just eager to please, as if his enjoyment was the highlight of her evening. It likely was. Whoever had programmed her had done a wonderful job imitating the human condition, but truthfully, no one could be as innocent as she was.

It was like holding a cherry blossom in your hand, fearful that the wind might tear it's petals.

"Or someone found her to their liking." He replies, the left corner of his mouth still lifted in an affable smirk. "Though that's the point of these functions outside of their stated objective - create an environment in which people can network."

Athena Athena

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom