Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private A new time, a new threat.

Metus-Misc.gif

I N V E S T I G A T E

There weren’t many times that any empire or republic would stray outside of it’s own borders for little more than information gathering. If anything, these massive factions would stay to themselves, protect their own, and only stray to expand their borders or to wage war on another. However, certain circumstances did dictate a more intricate response than sending a few probe droids to gather information. Sometimes, a more human, more intelligent approach was needed.

What had now begun to unfold to the Confederacy felt like one of these situations. Refugees from a small, barely populated world, named Gaulus, spoke of a disease on the planet, and aliens from an unknown species claiming parts of the landscape for their own. Few details emerged outside of this, as the refugees seemed so traumatized by the experience that they barely remembered it all. It wasn’t even a full planet evacuation, as only certain parts of Gaulus had seemingly left.

Something like this would rarely elicit a response from the Confederacy, but a few factors made it necessary. A mysterious alien force, so close to their borders, was something that needed to be looked at, accessed. Sending an entire military response seemed premature, so the Dauntless were out of the question. A spread thin Knights Obsidian didn’t have the manpower to investigate every mysterious circumstance that happened to come across the border. This meant this mission was left to the Ministry of Secrets to send a compliment of agents to the planet to investigate, assess the threat that the force had toward the Confederacy.

This group of agents would be sent to Gaulus to investigate. Their first mission would be to land at a small town, named Regilis, near where some of the refugees have claimed to have seen these mysterious aliens. Perhaps talking to some of the town’s residents would reveal more information, or maybe the agents would take another direction in their information gathering. Regardless, there were those within the higher ranks of the Confederacy that waited on, expected this information soon. All they could hope for was that these agents succeeded in their data gathering, and the veil covering this mysterious threat uncovered.

| Holt Holt | Tess Valnora Tess Valnora | Nyx N1X3 Nyx N1X3 | Ciri Jade Ciri Jade |

NzLy2oF.png

Equipment: Chassis Armor, Railgun Sniper Rifle, Cloak & Hood
Tag: Holt Holt | Tess Valnora Tess Valnora | Eternal Fallen Angel Eternal Fallen Angel | Ciri Jade Ciri Jade

Nyx stopped atop a hill just outside of the tree line. The cloak wrapped about her metal figure fluttered gently in the breeze. Red, glowing eyes surveyed the land ahead and swept over the town laid out before them.

"There appear to be humanoid occupants in the town," the droid announced after a few seconds. "No indication of hostile presence within the town at this time." Nothing in the streets anyway. No sign of hostile vehicles. No indication of the city having been set on fire or shelled from a distance. No corpses in the street, stalls turned over, or barricades. In the time it took for the Confederacy to arrive, it would seem this humble town hadn't been set upon as those fleeing the world described. That, however, did not mean there was no threat nearby.

Her cranial unit pivoted to the side to find Holt curious what the intellectual man of the Ministry would put forward. While technically there were not ranks in the Ministry, Holt had been there longer and his thoughts on these matters were rational. If he chose to take the lead, she would not complain. If he did not, then she would not think less of him either.

Equipment: Roc-class Mk I Stealth Armor, BCR-X13 Compact Sniper Rifle, BAW-57 Heavy Blaster Pistol, S.O.A.R. Chip
Tag: Nyx N1X3 Nyx N1X3 | Tess Valnora Tess Valnora | Ciri Jade Ciri Jade | Eternal Fallen Angel Eternal Fallen Angel

When the watchmen of the galaxy take a break, the galaxy goes to all kriff. Or, at least, that's what if felt like, Holt reflected as he lowered the macrobinoculars he'd been using to survey the village as the droid spoke to him. It had been a while since the Ministry Rook had been on a field mission; for days, it felt like, he'd been cramped up in the Rookery monitoring transmissions around the whole Atrisia debacle. That a viral disease had been allowed to be introduced to a Confederate world under the nose of the Ministry. . . it would've meant administrative reprisals if the Ministry had any sense of administration. At this point, Holt wasn't even sure what was happening with the Ministry at this point; rumors were floating around the Rookery that they might be absorbed into Military Intelligence or the Knights Obsidian, but uncharacteristically of the Ministry of Secrets, they had remained only that; rumors.

"Intelligence indicates that these refugees were being attacked by some sort of foreign body. Let's try to make as peaceful entrance as we can, seeing as we are foreign bodies to them as well," Holt said as he stowed the macrobinoculars away and lifted up his sniper rifle from its resting place on the ground below, swinging it over his shoulders in one fluid motion. The ship that assembled birds had traveled on, the new Osprey-class Stealth Corvette, was parked on the other side of the ridge that the birds stood on, hidden by an assortment of stealth technology and more practical matters. The agents present were not many, but they were agents that Holt had worked with previously. If nothing else, he was confident in their survival and espionage abilities, of both, they would all likely find particularly handy on this mission. "That being said, this is an unknown situation. Monitor the perimeter for other visitors, and be prepared to use lethal force if needed We'll want to capture at least one specimen for further study, if possible more," he said before making his way down the rough terrain, towards Regilis.

Wearing: PD-00 "Second Skin" Light Armor, Leatheris Trench coat (black)
Equipment: Oathkeeper, Shadow's Sting, Silence, Viper's Bite
Tag: Nyx N1X3 Nyx N1X3 || Holt Holt || Ciri Jade Ciri Jade || Eternal Fallen Angel Eternal Fallen Angel
2LFT20h.png
Tess stood a little behind Holt, swiping through a datapad. Her eyes jumped around from data tidbit to tidbit. She wore her usual dark leatheris trench coat over her ‘Second Skin’ armor, her B-2 rifle, 'Oathkeeper' slung across her back. The information previously given wasn’t adding up for her. The different symptoms of the problem were random yet all connected. “A disease. A new and unknown species invading territories they previously didn’t occupy. Refugees not remembering their encounters with the alien beings. It doesn’t make sense.” She said, thinking out loud as she searched the data. She looked up, “How do you just forget an encounter? A few people yes. People respond to trauma differently, but every report says nobody remembers. What if these things can erase their presence from a person’s psyche?” maybe she was thinking too hard about it?

Data gathering wasn’t even her strong suit, eliminating targets was. But she was trying to branch out and learn. She turned off her datapad and placed it in her satchel and followed Holt, “By the sounds of it we will be lucky to get anything out of the villagers. I think we should go to the source of the disturbance. The invaders.” Tess crossed her arms over her chest as she spoke, raising her right hand to her chin as she trailed the Rook. The mountainous region would cause issues to make it to any of the surrounding affected areas. Maybe starting here where a larger group of refugees could be found might lead to something after all.

Equipment:
Cyber-Eye Contacts, Roc-class Mk. I Armor
Weapon: A-180 Blaster Pistol w/ rifle attachment
Tags: Nyx N1X3 Nyx N1X3 , Holt Holt , Tess Valnora Tess Valnora , Eternal Fallen Angel Eternal Fallen Angel
Kneeling down at the crest of the hill, the woman's eyes held a faint glow as she peered ahead towards the buildings, listening intently to each of the others' input to the situation. It had been some time since hitting the field with fellow members of the Ministry and working with others was a welcome change of pace to things as of late. Fingertips tapped at the handle of her pistol, ensuring it was secured on her hip as a precaution only. Before her eyes, the data shared about the creatures flashed across her contacts' HUD.
"If the invaders wish to have some claim to this world or its people, there will be ways to draw them out. That said, I would reccommend we get a better picture of why it is that these people recall nothing about the mysterious visitors. Approaching the 'guests' with no information could perhaps leave even us with no memory of them if they are indeed capable of modifying minds in such a way."
Glancing to the side toward Holt, she though over his words again. "I'll keep an eye on the flanks. Whether from our visitors or local populace, the last thing we'd need is to be caught unaware."

Metus-Misc.gif

I N V E S T I G A T E

The well-groomed man from the ministry was right. They were indeed foreign bodies in this land and would be likely seen as such by the townsfolk. Caution and ease would be advised in this situation. The people in the town would already seem as though they were on edge, even as they attempted to go about their daily businesses. Men could be seen leaving their houses, cloaks around their heads and tight robes around their bodies, as if they didn’t trust the very air around them. was a curious thing, and could possibly be nothing more than superstition from underdeveloped people groups, but also a possible cautionary tale to those that wished to investigate on this world.​
It seemed as though these people in the village were doing their best to live their lives, even if their conservative approach to their dress signaled that they had heard the tales of the other people groups on the planet. If they were just trying to live as normal, did they consider these stories as nothing more than hysteria? Questions that should be asked by the spies, if going into the town was so desired. A closer look at exactly what the people in the town were doing might raise a few more eyebrows. Seemingly innocuous to how odd it may be, the town people would make their way to the edge of town, disappearing into the forest for quite a while. Some returned, but more had remained in the woods.​
However, the blonde woman of the group brought up a good point. There was always a chance that the people in the town would offer no relevant information at all and may even hold up the spies investigation. Perhaps it would be better to make their way into the forest without talking to the people, if that is what the group of spies so desired. Move toward investigating what these people were doing. Whatever they decided, it would need to be done sooner, rather than later. The things happening in this town, on this world were extremely odd, and it was up to them to gather the necessary information to begin to unravel this mystery.​

Tag: Holt | Tess Valnora | Eternal Fallen Angel | Ciri Jade

"If the enemy is capable of erasing itself from the memories of organics, I will remind you of anything you may forget for the duration of the mission," Nyx responded to Tess' concern. "Please pass on any detail, however slight, for effective storage and distribution." After all, she was a droid. It was almost unheard of there would be an enemy capable of affecting both organic and electronic memory simultaneously. Not to say they would not be a threat under the right conditions. However, if it was simple memory loss Nyx could ensure the other agents present would recover enough to move forward -- or swiftly retreat.

The hood of her outfit was drawn up to conceal most of her features in shadow, with the cloak obscuring the length of her body as they began to make their way toward the town. "I will study and evaluate the town and its occupants in silence. I recommend inquiring in the direction any outsiders are known to exist, and why they conceal themselves as I do." The weather did not seem on the cusp of warranting robes and cloaks wound about their bodies. Such outfits could easily hide weaponry. With fewer returning than left, Nyx began evaluating the possibility of an ambush.

Holt and Tess would seem to be the ones that would make first contact, unless Ciri found hostiles laying in wait. Under the circumstances, Nyx chose to conceal the natural of her construction until more was known of the threat or it became impossible to retain the disguise. Little could be done about hiding her rifle, of course.

Equipment: Roc-class Mk I Stealth Armor, BCR-X13 Compact Sniper Rifle, BAW-57 Heavy Blaster Pistol, S.O.A.R. Chip
Tag: Nyx N1X3 Nyx N1X3 | Tess Valnora Tess Valnora | Ciri Jade Ciri Jade | Eternal Fallen Angel Eternal Fallen Angel

Holt frowned. Valnora had brought up a good point - there was the chance that these locals simply knew nothing. If that were the case, then it would be more efficient to simply make towards the actual source of the threats themselves. Yet Holt's convictions remained the same, and what more, they didn't know where these invaders or where, or for further matters what they were. If they ventured into the woods with no data or intelligence, they could very well be setting themselves up for walking into a trap.

"How about this," Holt said after a moment of deliberation. "Valnora and Jade, you'll go into the area surrounding the village. Stick together and be aware of your surroundings, and report back anything that you find. Nyx and I will head into the village and do the same. Keep your comms open -- if there is trouble, we should all know about it," the Rook said as he pointed to each agent as he said their name, nodding to the respective directions that each team would take. "We don't have any military backup, and the corvette is our only means out of here -- no evac, so this isn't the time for suicide missions. We find the information we need to, and we get out of here," he said at length before waiting to hear what his fellow agents thought of the plan.

Tag: Nyx N1X3 Nyx N1X3 || Holt Holt || Ciri Jade Ciri Jade || Eternal Fallen Angel Eternal Fallen Angel
2LFT20h.png
If he hadn’t given the order, she was going to suggest it, “Yessir.” She looked at the Raven behind them. She hadn’t worked with Ciri before now, nor did she know much about her. But so were the ways of the Ministry, everyone had secrets, even she did. She put a hand on her hip and pointed toward the tree line on the outskirts of the village with her thumb, “Ciri, if you don’t have any problem with the plan, I say we see what we can find.” She smiled at the woman, she wanted to get a move on and see what kind of creatures had shown up after a worldwide virus. Were they bipedal, quadruped, sentient, the questions continued cycling through her head.

Tess was all for the plan, the only thing she would have changed was to send Nyx to the outskirts versus the town, due to droids not being prone to any type of biochemical or telepathic mindwipe abilities. But she figured the senior operative Holt knew what he was doing and made the call for a reason. Tess turned to Holt, “Last one back with answers buys first round?” she said in a playfully competitive tone, not even knowing if the Ministries Operative partook in such activities, she knew Nyx couldn't but they would figure that out later. The Crow started backing away from the trio toward her destination, waiting for her teammate to join her.

Equipment:
Tags: Nyx N1X3 Nyx N1X3 , Holt Holt , Tess Valnora Tess Valnora , Eternal Fallen Angel Eternal Fallen Angel
Along with Nyx's statement of keeping record in the event of the team's loss of memory, Ciri made notes to be kept within her datapad, a summary of the mission at the least. Unsure how much the beings could actually do, she figured Nyx was their best chance at reaquiring any semblance of understanding should things go sideways. Working without backup was a normal situation for the Raven. In her line of work, you had to be able to rely on your own skills to deal with a number of scenarios. This, wasn't exactly one she had a contingency for.. yet.
Glancing to her side in the direction of the Crow with whom she would be working, her head tilted ever so slightly. "No problem that I can think of. Besides, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't curious about where these people are going.. and why some don't appear to be returning." Standing upright, she moved away from the other two, her steps following the same direction that the Crow had selected. Glancing back, she wondered what Holt's answer would be to the proposal. Not that it would change whether she chose to partake after things were said and done.
The glow in her eyes faded as her contacts were deactivated for the time being. "If I had planned for a suicide mission, I'd have packed a few extra gadgets." She joked, a slight shake of the head at her own words. Ciri had always been a troubelmaker, but she knew better when it came to dangerous situations. Survivng the streets of Nar Shaddaa takes more than luck, after all.

Metus-Misc.gif

I N V E S T I G A T E

It seemed as though, now, there was a plan among the agents. The droid and the man who seemed to take charge would begin their decent into the dreary little town, while the woman with cybernetic implants, along with the one wearing her second skin, would take the time to investigate just where this forest was seeming to swallow up the town’s residents. Both sides would find very different things in the areas they chose to explore. Not much time would pass into their investigations that just how odd this entire place was would slowly begin to come to light.

In the town, everything would seem normalized for a place slightly behind the galactic times in terms of modernization. However, as the team that decided to move in would begin to notice, every member of the town wore some sort of cloak. Perhaps not innocuous in itself, and might even be the normal fashion of this planet. More..upclose investigation might begin to reveal some worrying aspects of the people. Starting with the points that seemed to press up from almost every members back, underneath their cloaks. And that wasn’t even to mention the slime drips from the buildings…

As the other pair would soon begin to realize, their trip around the town and into the woods wouldn’t less full of odd circumstances. Those slime drippings, some looking full of something, yet only the size of a fist, were also seen in the trees. The people were not just stopping at the edges of the forest, either. They could be seen progressing deeper, down into a valley that would require this team to enter into to find out the truth that they sought after.

This planet, and what was happening to the people here, was an mystery waiting to be unraveled. But as the team of birds would slowly begin to believe, perhaps the truth of this place was not something they desired to learn.

Tag: Holt Holt | Tess Valnora Tess Valnora | Eternal Fallen Angel Eternal Fallen Angel | Ciri Jade Ciri Jade

Nyx's cranial unit turned so her red eyes could regard Holt as he spoke. Dividing into two pair would be more efficient, however given their tactical position it was also a gamble. From experience, however, the droid had learned that risks -- even statistically unnecessarily or dangerous ones -- were at times necessary. Every encounter helped further refine the mathematical computations needed to make such determinations. There was a strange discrepancy in the inner workings of reality, which organics seemed to tap in to. Perhaps an echo of 'The Force' a few were capable of wielding as one might a blaster.

With the two women setting off, Nyx started forward toward the town as planned. She would, however, remain silent unless there was something worth saying. If possible, she would endeavor to keep it through the commlink to make it less obvious she was speaking. Better if people thought her a large, muscular figure wrapped in a cloak than know her as a droid. A tactical advantage if this turned out to be an ambush -- and they could use as many advantages as they could get under the circumstances.

From beneath the cowl, Nyx's eyes scanned the buildings and the people as they drew near or passed. Small discrepencies or oddities were noted and catalogued for consideration later. For the moment, however, she would let Holt lead before taking any overtly "aggressive" action to examine in detail -- to do so might spur hostile parties into motion.

Tag: Nyx Nyx | Tess Valnora Tess Valnora | Ciri Jade Ciri Jade | Eternal Fallen Angel Eternal Fallen Angel

Holt shared the discomfort of his droid companion; that is if dorids could even feel discomfort. Holt had knowledge in many categories, by the neural replicatory functions of droid models was a science that he had not yet dabbled in. But the misshapen forms hidden behind garments and cloaks on the backs of the town's inhabitants were out-of-the-ordinary. Had the refugees been beings of unfamiliar anatomy, Holt wouldn't have noticed it as much, but these were mainly Humans interspersed with a few Twi'lek and Rodians, and Holt knew that they were concealing something. As for the slimy substance that seemed to be everywhere -- dripping off of houses, pooled in various puddles along pathways and in front of doorsteps -- Holt could not discern its origin or what it was, despite his extensive training in chemistry and field experience with a variety of organic specimens.

The Rook stopped over a deserted awning, procuring a plexalloy vial, unstoppering it and lifting it up to allow some of the slimy substance to trickle in. He figured that he'd be able to take the sample back to the Rookery to identify what it specifically was, and would be able to proceed from there. Sealing the vial once more, he stowed it away and turned back to the droid agent when he noticed that almost a ring of villagers had gathered to stare at him. It was eery, and an almost hivelike presence emanated from the cloaked assortment of humans and other aliens. Upon closer expectation, the eyes of the villagers were almost completely glazed over by a filmy, white substance, only adding to Holt's discomfort.

"Hello," the Rook said in a cautious but friendly, and almost innocent tone, raising his left and in a sign of greeting. He wasn't able to speak to the droid, but he hoped that the message was clear; whatever happened, he did not intend to make the first move.

2LFT20h.png
It didn’t take the Crow long to make it to the outskirts of the village. From what she could see there were no immediate signs of danger from humanoid beings or wild creatures in the area. Standing near the tree line she looked toward the village, “Not much to look at is there?” she asked in a blanket statement describing the look of the buildings a couple stone’s throws away. She then turned her attention to the surrounding area. Tess looked at the tree nearest her and noticed a good amount of green goop slowly making its way to the base of the plant. She drew her knife as she crouched at the base of the tree and prodded at one of the larger slimeballs, “It kind of looks like a shell-less egg. See?” she said to the Raven as her knife effortlessly slid through the glob of slime.

Tess wasn’t sure what to make of the out-of-place slime that appeared on all the surrounding trees. She wiped her knife on her pant leg to clean it off before stowing it again and standing up. That was when she spotted a pair of footprints near a bush not too far from them, “Ah, here we go!” she exclaimed getting excited, “If there’s something I can do here that doesn’t involve death it is tracking.” She made her way to the tracks and examined them. The length and depth of the boot imprint told her the person in question was about six-foot-tall and weighed in at roughly 200 pounds. Tess relayed this information to her partner as she traced the outline of the imprint. “If you look here, the person was slightly shuffling their feet, like they were tired, but the footfalls are heavy like they were confident in where they were going or weren’t afraid of the area. But where were they going? And why?” she asked after her analysis of the trail.

Equipment:
Observing the landscape, the Raven kept note of what was around before turning her gaze towards the structures of the village following the Crow's comment. They certainly appeared to be unremarkable in their design. "Simple design, unremarkable.. Makes you wonder why the people of this village in particular are the targets." Watching the blade slip through the slime with ease, a brow arose.
Listening to the description of the tracks and the person in question who made them, she knelt down to get a look herself. "Heavy shuffling, loss of memories. Perhaps our culprits could be luring these people out here, toying with their mind? To come out here in a tired state, and yet feel comfortable about where they are going, I would say they may have been out this way before themselves.. or something is manipulating them in a way that causes such a state in their psyche." Activating her contacts, a scan of the footprints was created and logged. Should further steps be found, or a body be found, they could at the very least find a match. Once the log had been made, including the details that the Crow had mentioned, the glow faded as the devices ceased their functionality once more.

Metus-Misc.gif

I N V E S T I G A T E

The team moving into the town did a good job of examining the globs hanging from the houses. Their purpose was still unknown, but this is what they were here to do. Data gather and figure out exactly what was going on here. Perhaps the villagers could be of some help, which is the line of thinking that Holt seemingly had as he attempted to communicate with one. A taller man, simply gathering some water from a well, was the only one in the vicinity of his greeting. At first, he made no motion to turn and look at the operative. After a few moments though, he placed his barrel of water to the side, turning slowly to look at Holt and the hooded droid.

His face was quite the site. Glazed over eyes, such as the ones that the outer team had already seen. But the small, turned downward spikes protruding from his face was the true horrific sight revealed to the pair of agents. They were thin, barely a thumb’s length long, and seemed to be causing the man no pain at all. The villager regarded holt for a few moments, as if in a daze, then returned to his job, grabbing the barrel of water and pushing past the pair. Something was obviously not right here at all.

Outside the town, and into the woods, it seemed as though this pair of agent’s job was going quite well. They were picking up clues, ones that might aid them at a later date. Their analysis of the trail would reveal it lead, like they thought, much deeper into the woods. A careful observer might be able to see the silhouetted figures moving from treeline to treeline, their end destination unknown. The farther the pair would dive deeper into the woods, the more the blobs of mysterious make would be seen. It seemed as if they would need to investigate further to make any sense of this mystery.

Nyx tapped into the commlink and waited for Holt to answer. "It would appear the inhabitants are not governed by a central location. However, this does not rule out some form of chemical or biological control method. There appears to be significant impairment or influence exerted over the subjects as well; their mannerisms and body language scarcely passes for normal, despite continuation of otherwise standard communal functions." A lack of reaction to Holt retrieving a sample had been unexpected. The physiological changes in the man at the well were equally drawing.

"If I may, I believe these characteristics are reminiscent of some form of threat. Should I attempt an uplink with Command?" So far there was not a technological presence or even an immediate sense of danger. However, the droid remain uncertain at which point the 'peaceful' villages might be provoked to action. As they seemed to lack a Hive Mind or some form of electronic command and control, it seemed uplink with offworld resources would not be detrimental. Since the team had recognized him as being in charge, however, she would pass the recommendation by him before commencing with the activity.

Holt had to think. These villagers were being controlled by something, even if the droid hadn't sensed any technological means through which these villagers were answering or listening too. But the mutated faces, glazed eyes -- it pointed towards, in Holt's mind, some sort of virus or parasite. A contagion, and after the scare on Atrisia, the public would not be ready for another Blackwing or Gulag crisis. "What we need to do is put this planet under quarantine," Holt said at length, absentmindedly touching the substance he'd collected in the vial, sitting in an inner pocket of his field coat. "You may requisition forces, but specified that they must be completely staffed by non-organic. Once they arrive, we need to pull out and determine whatever this thing is."

Gaulus's sun was beginning to set, and it cast long shadows on the village where Holt and the droid stood. The villagers had so far been completely neutral and indifferent to the presence of the two agents, but a gut feeling told the grizzled Rook that he did not want to be here when it grew dark. "Contact Jade and Valnora, and tell them we're leaving. We'll be able to set up a forward-operating base later for further study, but I have a bad feeling about these people, even if they haven't displayed any signs of hostility," Holt intoned to the droid, careful to keep his voice low.

"Understood."
Nyx chose three still images and one video to be uploaded back to Command for analysis and study. At the same time she compiled a timeline of events, and a synopsis of their observations thus far. A note was appended that further data may be uploaded after reconnecting with field personnel. All of which was encrypted with the most practically secure cipher available -- the most secure cipher would require far too much time given the silent threat that surrounded them at present.

Almost no one used the most secure cipher. It had been developed in anticipation for omni-positional multi-dimensional processing arrays. Not an established or vetted technology by any means, but the ramifications of its creation would pose considerable risk to many existing ciphers. It was best to stay ahead of new technologies to ensure operational security.

"Agents," Nyx's voice cut in over the commlink to Jade and Valnora, "we have collected preliminary data indicating a potential biological or chemical contagion or threat in this area. A requisition of non-organic supplementary forces has been submitted with observations from the village. Please join us at our point of origin." It was possible, of course, the female agents had discovered something themselves. In fact, Nyx rather hoped they had. The more information they gathered now, the faster their response could be to this rather unusual circumstance.

Equipment:
Movement ahead draws her attention as the Raven moves along the path of the prints left behind in the soil. Upon seeing the movement, she pauses and pays attention to the trees in the distance as her sight catches a few figures moving in the approximate direction that the trail seemed to be leading. "Looks like we're not alone. Several villagers ahead, four of them by the looks of it. Heading off to the left a bit." Looking closely at the motions of one of the silhouettes, she noticed that they were moving in similar fashion to what her fellow Raven had described. "They're shuffling a bit, but sticking together. If they are answering to some form of control, it'd be wise not to let them know we're here."
"Agents, we have collected preliminary data indicating a potential biological or chemical contagion or threat in this area. A requisition of non-organic supplementary forces has been submitted with observations from the village. Please join us at our point of origin."
An audible sigh left her lips, she didn't like the idea of leaving the work to droids though the results of Atrisia arose in her mind. 'We need to know where these people are going.' Despite hearing the call to return to their insertion point, the Raven didn't budge. Ever the risk taker, she ponders continuing to follow the figures, but her decision would certainly put herself and her fellow Raven in danger if her theory of where they were headed was correct. This was a decision she wouldn't make for the other.
"For her to call us back, I'd wager they collected enough to warrant field operations to be switched out.." Looking in the direction of the supposed path, leading further into the valley. Making use of her contacts once more, she activated their zooming capabilities, spying a male twi'lek, two female humans, and an older togruta. Making note of everything she saw, she records her position as well as the approximate heading of the four.
"They're going somewhere.. The disappearances are not a coincidence." She thought aloud, tapping her chin. "If we continue forward, we put ourselves at risk of.. whatever this is." Her eyes move from tree to tree, keeping track of the villagers in between.
"The risk factor is unknown, but our line or work isn't without risks.. We gather more intel ourselves, or we leave it to the droids. Your call?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom