Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Shadow's Sting

Status
Not open for further replies.
GsVMWgP.gif
JMCqcqY.gif

Intent: Personal non-leathal weapon for Tess Valnora
Image Source: Giphy
Canon Link: N/A
Primary Source: Marvel Wiki

zg5FRdY.gif

Manufacturer: Tess Valnora, (Mirdirmorut)
Affiliation: Tess Valnora
Model: N/A
Modularity: No
Production: Unique

Material: Sullust Leather, DION Fiber (x / x), Diatium, Durasteel

GkgBUA9.gif

Classification: Taser
Size: Average
Weight: Light
Ammunition Type: Diatium power cells
Ammunition Capacity: 15 per gauntlet
Reload Speed: Fast

Effective Range:

Gauntlets – Point Blank (2.5 feet / .7 meters)
Taser DisksPersonal/Throwable distance (25 feet / 7.62 meters), Triggered Area of Effect - Point Blank (3 foot / 1 meter diameter)
Grappling spikeLong Range (656 feet / 200 meters)
bGgWDqQ.jpg
Photo credit: Ruskin69 (deviantart)

Rate of Fire: Very Fast
Stopping Power:
  • High (Gauntlets)
  • Average (Taser Disks)
  • Very Low (Grappling Spike)
Recoil: Very Low

mwj6Gbc.gif

Taser Disks – 3 quarter-sized disks are stored in a compartment on the underside of each gauntlet (Total of 6) and are triggered from the gauntlets. Once triggered, the discharging
capacitor in a single disk will deliver 20,000 volts of electricity in a 3-foot circle.Once out of range of the gauntlets (25 feet) the disks are rendered useless until they are in range.

Grappling Spike – A durasteel cable with a length of 20 feet (6.1 meters) located on the right gauntlet can be used for movement, potentially attaching to an opponent, or can be electrified,
delivering 30,000 volts from the gauntlet for a maximum of 4 minutes before a power cell runs out of power.

anY3Db1.gif

(+) Speedy access to easier non-lethal take-downs
(+) Highly resistant to EMP tampering.

fJqioln.gif

(-) Mainly melee ranged
(-) Limited power supply

ohayZ97.gif

Created with Sullust leather and wrapped with DION Fibers, dyed black from their standard blue. The interlaced wires connecting to the taser, located on the knuckles of the gloves, light up
pale blue when energized and ready for use. The cylinders surrounding the wrist consist of fifteen (15) Diatium power cells, painted matte black. Once a power cell runs out, the bracelet of
cells must be manually rotated to engage the next cell. Each cell can deliver a constant voltage for four minutes. When used in the standard punch/touch method, use the power cell can
last up to two hours of repetitive contact.

Runi Verin

Two pounds shy of a bomb.
[member="Tess Valnora"]

Gotta admit, I do love some non-lethal weaponry. Galaxy needs a few more options like this.

That said there are a couple of minor issues we need to address before we can get this beauty galactic legal.

Tess Valnora said:
Production: Only one character

If you could just replace this with 'Unique'.

Tess Valnora said:
Effective Range: Gauntlets – Arm’s reach (2.5 feet / .7 meters) Taser Disks – Throwable distance (25 feet / 7.62 meters), triggered (3 foot/ 1 meter diameter) Grappling hook – 20 feet (6.1 Meters)
While hard numbers aren't a bad thing, we still need a rating for this section. In this instance we're likely looking at 'Point Blank'.

Tess Valnora said:
Rate of Fire: Quick
Quick isn't an approve rating. I think you want 'High' or possibly 'Very High'.

Tess Valnora said:
Stopping Power: None
I totally understand your confusion on this one, but this rating doesn't reflect what you're trying to achieve here. While this might not be a lethal weapon, such as blaster or disruptor, it still would need to have a stopping power rating in order to render an opponent unconscious. As it stands right now with this rating, you're essentially give them what would amount to a very mild static shock.

Of course, you will need to look at rebalancing your ratings if you decide to change this.

Tess Valnora said:
Grappling Hook – A durasteel cable

Please include durasteel in your material listing.

Tess Valnora said:
Each jet-black gauntlet is marked with blue lights from electrical capacitors and electrical wiring that appear when activated and allow their wielder to electrocute enemies by making contact with a pair of electrical probes located on the knuckles of the gauntlets.

This sentence here will have to be completely re-written in your own words. As it stands, its a direct rip from this wikia entry with only a few extra words tossed in.

Fix these and we'll take another pass!

[member="Runi Verin"]

Everything should be good to go. I tweaked a few things for grappling hook (now grappling spike), like lowered the voltage from 50,000 (high end taser) to 30,000 (Mid range taser). added sullest leather in materials. Raised the stopping power to Very low from none so that it can temporarily stop a person.

Runi Verin

[member="Tess Valnora"]

Looking much better, thank you. Definitely coming together, although there are still just two points need reworking before I can pass this through.

Short Ranged isn't a valid rating, I'm afraid. I believe you're looking for Personal.

That said, you're currently one rating over balance at the moment. Putting this into Personal on range would knock you up to two. I think the easiest way to rectify this would be to increase the weight to Light and perhaps the recoil to Very Low. This would bring you into the green across the board and I can approve you.

[member="Runi Verin"]

• Corrected Taser Disks and Grappling Spike to personal (could I extend the grappling spike to 200 meters/Long range - per the wiki? without going over this point system?)
  • Decreased reload speed from very fast to fast
  • Increased weight from very light to light
  • Increased recoil from none to very low

Runi Verin

[member="Tess Valnora"]

Yep, that should be fine. Because you have such a variation in attacks and range, if you go down that route, I would actually recommend increasing the stopping power in certain conditions. e.g.

Stopping Power: High (Gauntlets) | Average (Taser Discs) | Very Low (Grappling Spike)

This will give you a bit more bang for your buck and add a sense of robust flexibility to your combat options.

As a separate note, please can you add a credit for Ruskin69 to the image source section for that grappling hook.

Other that that, we're good to go, so tag me if you make those changes or just want to proceed as is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom