Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private A New Line of Work

Caedyn Arenais

C
It wasn't difficult to catch sight of Marina DeVoe Marina DeVoe and Natsu Verren Natsu Verren further down the way seemingly having some sort of disagreement with one another. Unfortunately, such sight's weren't all that rare in a Galaxy suffering from such a state as theirs was, however, Caedyn couldn't help but feel obligated to get involved. The problem in that however was that they'd come to Lol on the purpose of bringing together a team of specialized individuals willing to bring down the criminal, and the wrong set of attention on a world that, as far as Caedyn understood, they were entirely foreign to, could complicate matters entirely.

Glancing to his Sister, Caedyn gave her a curt nod, as if to call her attention to the pair, though she seemed one step ahead of him. Whether keeping tight-lipped or otherwise, they did often seem to attract attention to themselves in these sorts of situations. One small notice of interest and they had a significantly varied group upon them. Even so, there hadn't been a fight to break out as of yet, so Caedyn wasn't overly concerned.

Still...-The Jedi Knight couldn't ignore the need to follow up on the scene, quietly leaving the table of Koran Bardok Koran Bardok , Loreena Arenais-Valhoun Loreena Arenais-Valhoun and Axile Volzap Axile Volzap , in order to head towards the entrance of the establishment where Marina DeVoe, Aloy Vizsla Aloy Vizsla and Natsu Verren had been moving for. The latter of the two apparently needing some fresh air, where as the female hadn't looked so keen.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lori watched in silence as well, as most did. In truth she wasn't that surprised that things would start off a little rocky. Everyone came from different backgrounds and everyone had their own specialized set of skills. So there was bound to be a few butting of heads.

It came as no surprise to her that Caedyn Arenais went off to see what was going on between Marina DeVoe Marina DeVoe and Natsu Verren Natsu Verren . Her brother was the type to do that and she was sure to fill him in on anything that he had missed.

But for now she eyed Axile Volzap Axile Volzap , Koran Bardok Koran Bardok and Aloy Vizsla Aloy Vizsla before bringing out a small holoprojector and setting it next to her plate. "Look, I'm not asking us all to be best friends. I'm just asking for us to work together. There are some bad people out there that need to be brought to justice." Lori turned the device on, flicking through a few names and faces. "@Velok the Youngest , Subject 73 Red Subject 73 Red , Heath Valhoun Heath Valhoun and
Locus Flamemaker Locus Flamemaker . Those are targets of interest so far. I've also been asked by a sherrif on Corellia to investigate a series of murders . Now we don't need to go after all of them at once, or one at a time. It's all up to you."
All of the information she had acquired by eye witness accounts and informants. No one was pulling her strings, however. Lori was her own boss in this. And she was funding it on her own too.

sɪɴɴᴇʀs ʙʏ ᴅᴇᴇᴅ ʙᴜᴛ ʀɪɢʜᴛᴇᴏᴜs sᴛɪʟʟ

3oIWNfM.png

Tag: Marina DeVoe Marina DeVoe | Caedyn Arenais | Natsu Verren Natsu Verren | Loreena Arenais-Valhoun Loreena Arenais-Valhoun | Axile Volzap Axile Volzap |

So far so good. The merc hadn't done anything rash and was probably just glaring at her right now, As most usually do, And the only one to really get involved aside was the Jedi, Who she could at least trust not to start anything violent. Not like the other "Jedi" she was used to. Call it the force or some chit, But she had a feeling in her gut that these people wouldn't be the worst team she'd joined. Hell, Might even be third best.

She kept moving for the table where "Sparrow" and the other now code name-less agents where sitting.
None of which she recognized, Which might not even be a bad thing.

That was, Until the Jedi Caedyn Arenais left the table, And the mandalorian stopped in her tracks just long enough to glance at him as he came by.
<"Jedi"> She nods before approaching the table, Curious what their dynamic would be in the coming days.

"Sorry folks, Fashionably late as always~" Aloy sat herself at the far end of the table against the wall, Positioned to easily keep watch over everyone there and even the bystanders beyond. More so for their protection than her own. You could afford to trust more and prioritize differently when wearing a suit of indestructible alloy after all.

<"Evenin'. Since I know the Jedi broke your code names, I'll keep it real, But brief. Call me Aloy, Vizsla, Mando, Whatever's most comfy for ya. I'm Sparrow's hired muscle with finesse, An' your line to contacts both high and low in the mandalore sector, And come with my own paramilitary force in confederate space.>"

<"You don't kark with me, I don't kark with you, Simple as that. Try hard enough, An' we might even become more than reluctant co-workers! Just don't try anything funny, Or my wife will track you down~">
She laughs

Now that she's comfortable, She leans back and puts both feet up on the table(Somewhere empty and far from anyone of course, She has manners in her own way), Letting her prosthetic leg rest, And her talons recharge so to speak.

Afterwards she simply sat in silence while the boss, "Sparrow" got down to business. Seemed simple enough, Collect and chase leads, Hunt down baddies and lock 'em up, Bounty hunter type chit but more subtle in a way. She figured it'd be easier to just find and blast these guys, But it looked like Loreena was willing to suffer through the bureaucracy to do this by the book and to the letter of the law. Guess she's got a point to make.

Then came Loreena's projection,
Causing her to suddenly pull her legs in and sit while leaning forward, The words
" Subject 73 Red Subject 73 Red " reflecting off her visor in pale blue
<"Chit I recognize that name... Zweihander union run in a year back, "
Operation Midnight". Say, Ain't the union imperial backers now?">

UeJaBns.png

Koran silently observed the mess, as a Mandalorian approached and took a seat. He didn't really care about her too much, all Mandos are the same, tough and extremely loyal.

He listened to the plan and observed targets, he had heard about most of them, but he only saw Locus in person.

If he recalled correctly Heath Valhoun Heath Valhoun was leading some sort of self-proclaimed Empire? He wasn't sure whether it was legitimate, but it seemed like it wasn't.

Locus Flamemaker Locus Flamemaker was just a mercenary, nothing to ponder there, it was quite obvious why he was on the list.

He however knew nothing about Subject 73 Red Subject 73 Red , unlike the Mandalorian who recognized him.

Koran then decided to speak up.

"I say we go for the target we know the most about first, this would be either Locus or Subject 73, since I ran into Locus a few times, and the Mando seems to recognize Subject 73, I know a few things about Heath from hearing them here and there, but nothing too specific."

Loreena Arenais-Valhoun Loreena Arenais-Valhoun Natsu Verren Natsu Verren Axile Volzap Axile Volzap Caedyn Arenais
Marina DeVoe Marina DeVoe
Aloy Vizsla Aloy Vizsla

Marina DeVoe

Not a flight attendant... just a risk.
Things sometimes had a way of happening so quickly and appearing much different than they actually were.

Marina's first instinct had been to get away from whom she had the only recourse to believe were an assailant. But little did she know of the magnitude of what the gathering constituted.
Perhaps it were a security concern as to her presence as she did exhibit that she either recognized individuals or something else.

It weren't so much her plea for the man ( Natsu Verren Natsu Verren ) to let go of her that resulted in him doing so, but rather the presence of one of Cessy's children, the boy...or rather, the young man (Caedyn Arenais ) whom got her released. His mere presence seemed to command control of the situation.

Marina didn't know whether to go take the opportunity to book, or chance on staying and see what Cessy's children were up to. It weren't for the sake of prying, but more to see if she could finally meet them and see if she could continue to be a friend to them as she had been to their mother. And naturally to help if they had need of her to.
It would be a chance she were to take, in staying as she had never met Cessy's children before. Nor had her friend Cessy perhaps never mentioned Marina to them. It had been understood that the less public intermingling of all, assured the protection of all from those seeking retribution for the good they both tried to do in the galaxy.

"T...thank you..." She opted not to run, thanking the striking young man...Cessy's boy. Her eyes made their way to his orbs. Yes, she could see her friend there, almost looking back at her. Oh how she grieved the loss of her friend Cessy when it reached her ears.

"I wasn't sure if I wanted to leave...or say a few words to you and your sister." Marina then said, rubbing her wrist.
Of course this could have come across as someone who had a strife or two against him and his sister.

"I mean... I were a friend of your mother."
It were clear in the blonde's blues that she were meaning it from her center. The pain of her friend's loss, the young man's mother was still being genuinely felt in the woman.

Last edited:

Caedyn Arenais

C
Caedyn hadn't made it over halfway towards the pair when Natsu Verren Natsu Verren seemed to submit to Marina DeVoe Marina DeVoe 's refusal to be manhandled, having not only been making a scene but evidently noticed Caedyn's intent to intervene. Watching Marina step away free of his hold, however, Caedyn slowed in his pace, now with less urgency in his step as what had appeared to be her being taken-by-force may have been something of a misunderstanding, although no explanation had yet been given to confirm as much.

"No thanks required" Caedyn's gaze left that of Natsu, glancing back to look to Marina before him; "Are you alright?" he asked, genuinely concerned for the woman. No one enjoyed being grabbed and pulled away as she had been, no matter what the reason, and this sort of thing happened far more often than Caedyn would ever be comfortable with. It was only natural that he sought to gauge the situation, and if the matter called for it, to intervene.

The Force worked in such mysterious ways. Caedyn was simply looking out for the stranger, someone that he knew nothing off, nor least of all expected to hold any mutual connections with but when Marina DeVoe mentioned having known his and his sister's mother, Caedyn's head lifted slightly, surprise evident in the way he studied her, seeking to discern whether or not she was telling the truth.

All he found was a sense of genuine interest, nothing in her presence or aura to suggest that she was lying to him.

"You knew our mother?" He repeated, a question and need for a little further elaboration on her part, "How so?" he asked, having neglected to mention his Mom's name, nor inviting her to the table just yet. It wasn't a personal slight or any such thing against Marina, but the Eternal Empire held shapers within their ranks that had impersonated a loved one of Loreena Arenais-Valhoun Loreena Arenais-Valhoun and set Caedyn up, back on Commenor.

Rance Valere | Marina DeVoe Marina DeVoe | Loreena Arenais-Valhoun Loreena Arenais-Valhoun | Axile Volzap Axile Volzap | Koran Bardok Koran Bardok | Natsu Verren Natsu Verren | Aloy Vizsla Aloy Vizsla

Axile's gaze followed Aloy Vizsla Aloy Vizsla as she introduced herself while taking the seat directly across from him. His eyes averted from the Mandalorian to his contact, and he listened as Loreena Arenais-Valhoun Loreena Arenais-Valhoun explained their four targets. As their faces begun to rise from the table- their faces reflected in the static neon blue of the projector's hologram- Axile clasped his hands together in thought, and rested his chin on his hands for a minute as he listened to Loreena explained who these men were.

The murders caught his attention. He wasn't a trained investigator by any means. It was far more likely that the armoured woman sat across from him, or even Natsu Verren Natsu Verren knew more about how to find these individuals that Loreena wanted to find. But he did have some rudimentary idea of how investigations were built based on the simple principles of logic, and what made sense. If there were five different murders- and the victims had been somehow collaborated together as having been victimized by the same killer- then it was a simple to guess the following:

Whoever this man- or woman- was would kill again; and that there was something to indicate that they had been murdered by the same individual. But before Axile would invite the possibility that he and his new associates were dealing with a serial killer he had questions for Sparrow that came to mind as he thought about it.

"That makes sense," Axile spoke whilst turning his head to Koran Bardok Koran Bardok . "Better to start with what we know first, and then go with that first, right?

"But there were two questions that I thought of just now. My first question is: who, out of these four people, are responsible for the murders that you just mentioned?

"And my second question was this: how were the victims connected? Did the killer leave some type of message, or a sign that would tell us that the same person was responsible? Was there some kind of specific method of killing which tells us it is the same person? How do we know that these people were killed by the same person?"

Marina DeVoe Marina DeVoe Caedyn Arenais

Marina DeVoe

"She were my friend." She returned, not wavering from his eyes.

Friends...
Lady Kay, had many friends...and as many enemies too, as it had turned out in the end. But among her friends, there were many unaccounted ones that escaped the public eye. Friends as true as those whom committed fleets and boots to the popular queen of Commenor. These friends brought only themselves, their heart, spirit and commitment to a friend. One such friend were Marina who managed to remain out of the limelight for she did what she did because it were who she was. She had not seeked recognition, no medals, no favors. Nothing were owed or expected. True friends.

Of course Marina knew that would be little for him to go by. How many stalkers, admirers of the Great Queen had been out there claiming to know her, yet only really just seen her on the Holo-net?
But what were Marina going to do? Divulge all she knew of her friend to her son?..Cessy's name for instant. Only close friends and family knew her by that.
Were she going to say his mother had a habit of chewing on her mouth when she were in deep thought?
That his mother had always wanted to set up a small tea shoppe on the edge of the galaxy...maybe on a system such as Altiria/Annaris...call it something like Spaera Tea Shoppe?
These and among other things, were how Marina knew his mother personally. Things which only one close to his mother would know.
But no. No she couldn't divulge any of that. Not pull it out like they were credentials. These were personal things shared...entrusted to Marina. They were dear memories of Cessy... her friend.

"If you're asking if I were one of many allies which provided military support during the sith invasion of Commenor..then I would have to say 'no'. No I didn't come bearing down on the sith with all guns blazing, no. I don't condone any violence against anyone...not even my enemies. Your mother knew that." Marina continued.
But of course she had come to Commenor and defied the sith... defied it in her own way and without shedding blood, be they of sith or of their allies.
She however punched through the skies, bearing aid and evacuating Commenors and wounded out of the system...breaking through blockades...bringing Commenors, like children, elderly and the sick, to safer havens... to safety. Only his mother knew that.

"I'm Alderaanii...my home world were under the same bombardments and ensuing occupation by the sith." Ok sure, but that certainly didn't answer his question as to how she knew his mother.

"Your mother and I were close, yet we kept our association out of the main public knowledge. It were for both our family's sake. It prevented any of our common enemies from using either one of us as pawns to influence the other. My family became secure as well as yours.
The sith never put us two together. "

Caedyn Arenais and OPEN

Lori looked to Aloy Vizsla Aloy Vizsla and nodded to her comments in regards to the ZU and the EE. "Yes they are. And Subject 73 Red Subject 73 Red supports them as well. He showed me where his loyalties lay during an encounter on Zakuul, and once more on the attack at my wedding on Mnemosyne." It disappointed her greatly that the two used to be allies, even friends. His droid Pitt was adoreable and it was probably him that was causing Red to hold back a little in regards towards trying to have her captured.

She then turned to Koran Bardok Koran Bardok as he spoke up about Locus Flamemaker Locus Flamemaker . "Where did you see Locus? What do you know about him?" Lori brought out her datapad and began jotting down some notes from what she had heard thus far.

Axile Volzap Axile Volzap was the next to voice his thoughts. Only he had plenty of questions to go right along with it. Lori could relate to that as her brother Caedyn Arenais could attest to. But perhaps there was a bit of confusion in regards to the various profiles that she had shown them. "There may be a link to these series of murders and these people that I've been asked to investigate, there might not. It's more than likely it's own separate file which means that there's another target on the list that is still yet to be identified." Lori had done some work for that Sheriff before, but it wasn't quite like this. Still, the man knew of what kinds of resources that she had at her disposal.

Lori glanced to Natsu Verren Natsu Verren , Caedyn and Marina DeVoe Marina DeVoe , before turning her attention back to the others. "We can use one of my ships as a base of operations and then either split off on different cases from there, or go all together as a team for them, one by one." After the death of her cousin Kaine Australis, his company MandalArms was left for her to run. So she had much to her disposal.

sɪɴɴᴇʀs ʙʏ ᴅᴇᴇᴅ ʙᴜᴛ ʀɪɢʜᴛᴇᴏᴜs sᴛɪʟʟ

3oIWNfM.png

Tag: Loreena Arenais-Valhoun Loreena Arenais-Valhoun | Axile Volzap Axile Volzap | Koran Bardok Koran Bardok |

Well so far so good, She supposed. She wasn't being threatened for simply being mandalorian like they used to during the Silver's war with Mand'alor the Infernal. Hell, She was practically ignored by the group, Even the Jedi didn't seem to know she existed. The other Jedi( Koran Bardok Koran Bardok [I literally don't know how else to identify this character lol sorry]) took a glance and certainly didn't seem impressed.
"Fine by me" she guessed. This group seemed even more anti-social than the worst of her kinsmen "Guess it's going to be a solo 'venture."

Then "Sparrow" answered her questions about the ZU and 'ole 73, But also more. Who attacks a wedding anyway?
<"I mean I figured he supported 'em yeah. He was in uniform last time I saw him"> She says grimly, Feeling the sting of old life choices again.

After that she was quiet for the most part, Leaving Marina DeVoe Marina DeVoe and the grumpy albeit cute merc( Natsu Verren Natsu Verren ) to their own devices, As the Jedi(Caedyn Arenais ) seemed to have it under control now.

After jotting down notes about this " Locus Flamemaker Locus Flamemaker " fellow(Who Aloy, The 'ole pyromaniac, Now considered direct competition for their namesake alone), Loreena eventually decided to talk ships, Which got Aloy's inner pilot excited.

<"I got
my own ship out back. She's an oldie, Pre-Australis MandalMotors, But she's highly modified with the best cloaking devices and shields this side of the core"> She states proudly

<"Only got room for 4 though unless we really want to push the close quarter smells, Hah! But point being, If you got room for me to dock 'er aboard yours, Boss, Than I don't mind carrying you fellas in all quiet like when ya need. Guess I could use the company anyway... I mean if you don't mind trusting a 'Big scary mando' a time or two"> She chortled

<"Mind you her modifications would normally be illegal but... Well I'm licensed. Perks of law enforcement"> She unclips her
Marsha's badge from her belt, Holding it up for all to see. Axile Volzap Axile Volzap might recognize it as a CIS marshal's badge. Specifically, A Karjr from the Enclave.

Aloy might be "the same" as all mandalorians in the sense that she could fight, But what set her apart was that she was that she not only had a less flexible moral code, But she was talkative for one of her kind. Some say too talkative, And that rural accent from the western reaches of concordia was certainly on display today.

She was also not nearly as anti-social, Which was a story in of itself.

UeJaBns.png

Koran noddes when Loreena Arenais-Valhoun Loreena Arenais-Valhoun asked him about Locus and tried to remember as much about him as he could.

" Locus Flamemaker Locus Flamemaker ... I worked with him on two jobs, one was infiltrating a base in the outer rim for some information, and the other was a simple assassination. There isn't too much to say about him, he is quiet and gets the job done, he is a bit... sadistic at times though. He prefers to use his flamethrower and is armed to the teeth, he has a longrange blaster, a slugthrower, a wrist flamethrower, a vibrosaber, and a few other things. His base seems to be his ship, seeing as he just sort of wanders around taking jobs, we could probably lure him in by making up a job and getting him to apply for it."

Koran then leaned back in his chair and took a sip of his drink, before looking at Aloy Vizsla Aloy Vizsla

"I'm fine with staying in your ship, as for Subject 73 Red Subject 73 Red , you said you ran into him, could you tell us something about him? As for whether we should go together or split, I say we go together, all of the targets seem to be quite dangerous, we must use all of our advantages, including our numbers."

Marina DeVoe Marina DeVoe Natsu Verren Natsu Verren Caedyn Arenais Axile Volzap Axile Volzap

Caedyn Arenais

C
Interacting with: Marina DeVoe Marina DeVoe

Their mother had been gone for some time now and although there was once a time where Caedyn couldn't imagine being able to cope with the loss of both of their parents, he and Loreena Arenais-Valhoun Loreena Arenais-Valhoun had certainly grown up and experienced so much since those younger days living on Commenor during the time of the Systems Alliance and the Free Worlds Coalition which if he could remember correctly, Alderaan was the Capital World.

The newcomer had clearly picked up on Caedyn's wariness, that or she was still on edge following the incident at the door. If he had come off as intimidating or as though he were accusing her of anything, he certainly hadn't meant to, however you could never be too cautious these days with a price on your head and the Eternal Empire tracking your family and targeting your sister as the prime suspect of a rebellion.

"Forgive me, I don't mean to be rude" he apologized, dipping his head in sincerity before stepping aside and gesturing to the table further down the way where the others were seated; "My sister and I are meeting with some people if you'd like to join us, although we're discussing a matter of business..." he paused momentarily to consider Marina's previous words.

"Do correct me if I'm wrong but by your words, you strike me as someone who would like to see those alike the Sith held accountable for their actions" he asked rhetorically, a fairly loaded question as most people would want such a thing, however there was a point to his meaning. "Lori and I are looking into starting a private investigation service of sorts...-If you're interested, then the table is certainly for you" he elaborated some more.

There may be a link to these series of murders and these people that I've been asked to investigate, there might not. It's more than likely it's own separate file which means that there's another target on the list that is still yet to be identified.

Axile let Loreena Arenais-Valhoun Loreena Arenais-Valhoun response roll around his thoughts whilst he considered the murders. He hadn't been to Corellia before. Or that was, at least, what he wanted others to think.

Corellia seemed like a lifetime ago.

A black canvas was suddenly set on fire. Though we could not hear their screams- for they were silent in the infinite void- it still sent shivers down our spines.

"Excuse me."

Rising from his seat Axile left the group for a moment to approach the cafeteria for a drink. When he reached the bar he inquired for a Gizer Ale. He soon discovered that the establishment did not serve his favourite alcoholic beverage, so when Axile asked for what alcohol they did serve, to his surprise- and in an ironic twist- he found out that they did serve Corellian Whisky. He decided he would try it.

It's more than likely it's own separate file.

As Axile waited for his drink to be served he turned to rest his back on the counter, and watch the group that the Sparrow had gathered to investigate, find and bring justice to these criminals. He deduced that there was a fifth assailant- somebody that Loreena did not know- who hadn't yet made the list that she had created, or been given. She was just trying to be prudent when she acknowledged that, yes, there was a possibility that the four individuals that she did know of might be involved in the Corellian murders but it was far more likely that it was someone that they didn't know yet.

Whoever this Sheriff was would have told her if Velok, or the other three men were involved too. He figured that with the group conversing about Locus Flamemaker Locus Flamemaker and Subject 73 Red Subject 73 Red they were also likely to target these two men rather then put the necessary effort into finding whoever this serial killer was. But there was something about these murders which put the hairs on the back of Axile's neck stand up. There was something more intimate, and cruel about these murders, then the crimes that this Locus or Subject 73 had committed.

He decided then and there, as his Whisky was served, and credits exchanged, that he would ask Loreena for the contact details of the Sheriff. It was a big group, and if Aloy Vizsla Aloy Vizsla was anything to judge by then they were fully capable of splitting to investigate, and focus their efforts on their own targets, rather then be together to focus on one.

But he couldn't go to Corellia alone. As the Whisky rolled along his tongue- intertwining with his thoughts about the murders, of which they had been committed from the same world this particular drink came from- he wondered which of this group would accompany him, and join him in the Corellian murder investigation.

Natsu Verren Natsu Verren Koran Bardok Koran Bardok Marina DeVoe Marina DeVoe Caedyn Arenais

Marina DeVoe

For a moment she were about to decline, as Caedyn stated it were a business meeting of sort. Marina had been already seen as possibly a corporate spy...reason as to the other gentleman wanting her off the premises. It shed some light to her as to Natsu Verren Natsu Verren confronting her as such.
~wrong~

Nope, it weren't that kind of business meeting, she soon realized as Caedyn continued. It were an assembly of people whom had suffered too long under the chaotic whim of the siths and the like.

Her eyes followed his cue to the table...then on to his sister.
Were she interested in seeking justice for all those whom she bore witness to suffering? Suffering under the tyranny and iron boots of the sith hordes and from those whom preyed on law abiding people and systems?
Her mind instantly sparked with inspiration. Yes she would desire to bring common law upon the lawless..

"A private investigation service?" She asked. No doubt it were a good idea, but wouldn't there be implications?

"I see..." She were mulling many factors of his proposal. One being that she wanted to have met Cessy's children...especially after her death. The fact that she hadn't with Cessy gone, left marina with an emptiness of loosing the chance of ever knowing her friend's children.

Her attention withdrew from the table..from Loreena and back on to the young man. He were so grown...her friend would have been so proud as to the man he had grown up to be.
"If you or your party wouldn't mind, I would like to sit and hear on what course of actions are being proposed." She then replied. Marina had studied Political Science...namely surrounding galactic law, as she would one day follow her House tradition of taking up a public seat. She were after all a daughter of Duke Kyle DeVoe Duke Kyle DeVoe

"Bringing the sith and those whom are outlaws from systems that do not recognize standard galactic law is rather tricky. many systems including the GA could construe such an endeavor as vigilante. The repercussions on systems supporting your cause could in fact create a domino effect...escalate aggressive counter actions-" She suddenly stopped, realizing she were going on without so much as giving him a definitive answer.

"I mean, yes.
Yes, I would like that.

I believe I could be of some use, concerning these affairs." She replied nodding her head.
Of course, she'd see about apologizing to the young gentleman whom she had thought were some kind of assailant.
It became more clear now as to the why she were confronted as such. Everyone here could be considered conspirators against the notorious empire of the sith, along with other heads of lawless states.

Caedyn Arenais and OPEN

Axile drained his glass, and set it on the bar. He smacked his lips, then cleared the excess off them with the back of his hand. Leaning off the counter he made his way back over the group whilst folding his hands in either of his pockets. A pair of sombre, sad looking eyes lowered themselves to the assembled mass.

"After some consideration I have decided that I will look into the murders on Corellia, and find our fifth target. But like the others that the Sparrow has shown to us we do not know who this person is. We don't know if it is a group of people working together. We don't know if they are connected to any of the four individuals that we were shown. We only know that the murders happened, and that for reasons yet to be determined they were connected by whoever Loreena has spoken too."

"So, with all that in mind, I think the best course of action is to split the group. Whoever you decide to go after and whoever you decide to work with is up to you. But I need one volunteer to come with me to Corellia, and I need the contact details of the Sheriff who told you about the murders too."

He looked expectantly at the people sat at the table.

Loreena Arenais-Valhoun Loreena Arenais-Valhoun Aloy Vizsla Aloy Vizsla Natsu Verren Natsu Verren Koran Bardok Koran Bardok Marina DeVoe Marina DeVoe Caedyn Arenais

Caedyn Arenais

C
"Bringing the sith and those whom are outlaws from systems that do not recognize standard galactic law is rather tricky. many systems including the GA could construe such an endeavour as vigilante. The repercussions on systems supporting your cause could in fact create a domino effect...escalate aggressive counter-actions-".

Caedyn Arenais nodded in understanding, having considered such things himself, after-all he had read the propaganda coming from some of their more influential citizens regarding the Silver Jedi Concord, the Jedi and many other Nations with the one exception being their own. Naturally, it was entirely possible that they would point the blame at their Investigation Team should it suit their own needs to justify or vindicate their agenda.

"That could be the case in the future, but that won't stop me nor my sister from trying to do some good in the Galaxy. Whatever others will choose to believe, we will know within ourselves the values and the intent behind our efforts" Caedyn responded, gesturing for Marina DeVoe Marina DeVoe to accompany him towards the booth where the others were seated at the table around Loreena Arenais-Valhoun Loreena Arenais-Valhoun .

"Everyone, I believe we may have one more member for our team" Caedyn spoke to the group, turning to look to Marina DeVoe as he realized he hadn't asked her name yet; "Speaking of which, I didn't catch your name, sorry" Caedyn gave a wary smirk realizing his mistake.

OOC: Sorry for the delay. Unexpected LOA

Lori smiled as Aloy Vizsla Aloy Vizsla offered up her ship. And the fact that it was of Australis design, made it all the better. "My cousin had a knack of making something old into something new again....especially when it came to ships. With your ship, mine and some others, we'd almost have our own little fleet!" And that in and of itself was such a thrilling thought.

Koran Bardok Koran Bardok was silent, as was Natsu Verren Natsu Verren . So they didn't catch her attention. However Axile Volzap Axile Volzap did. He was of the same thinking that she was; to split up their efforts. It might be easier for them that way. A larger amount of people were a lot easier to notice than barely a few. "I volunteer. I'll go with you." It might be better for her contact there at any rate. Afterall it was Lori that the Sherrif had reached out to.

Her attention then turned to Caedyn Arenais and Marina DeVoe Marina DeVoe . "Welcome to the club." It was hard to say whether or not they were a team. They still had to make their first attempt to work together.

Axile nodded. "Then it's settled. Good luck everyone."

Turning the Nabooian left the bar and exited the premises. Outside he leaned up against the corner of a wall, and waited for Loreena Arenais-Valhoun Loreena Arenais-Valhoun to join him. He figured that he would be waiting outside for awhile but he didn't want to join any further conversation with the others. They would have their targets and he would have his. The less he knew about their work the better.

Marina DeVoe

Marina smiled inside...
Caedyn Arenais were so much like his mother. He had the same spirit. Maybe Cessy's daughter too, were much like her brother.
But then, why wouldn't they be?
Marina were given the chance to see for herself soon enough.

She nodded to Caedyn , taking to have him lead her to their table. Sure enough the same young man whom had first confronted her were there seated. Marina gave Natsu Verren Natsu Verren a small but friendly smile. It were of acknowledging the young man than anything. With what Cedyn had disclosed, she could understand the young man's suspicious of her before.

Her eyes scanned everyone as Cessy's son initiated her in.
"Marina... Marina DeVoe from system Alderaan..." She replied, following Caedyn's cue as to what her name was.

Although Marina knew the twin's mother as her friend Cessy, the blonde knew that they may not have known of her ties to Kay. The Amber Alert were the only time a holo-Net news had ever recorded her and Cessy together. All other times, there had been no recordings or snapshots of them together.

"I may be of some use, as I've studied political science...basically Galactic Laws." She explained as to her possible usefulness. And she did wish to be as useful to the twins as she were to their mother. Maybe even be considered friend. A true friend like their mother she she had been. They had been kindred spirits. The millions of light years distance that had mostly separated them had been nothing more than a short skip and hop of a warm thought.

"From what I've gathered...bringing influential mass crime lords and siths to justice could draw a fine line between rightful justice and vigilante. I can help separate, widen that gap. None here would desire to find themselves on a similar most wanted list of the Alliance and jedi factions if your actions are construed as vigilante. I can help make certain certain your efforts are for justice."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom