Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A New Charge

Bakura

"The event will start at 7 this evening, however our the actual event will take place during the proceedings of the actual gala. Everyone will be busy with drinks,dancing,conversing and that is when we will make the exchange." The 7 surrounding the round table all agreed in turn and thus the small chatter of other events had started. All the while this seemed to be a secret meeting, no one had noted the presence of the individual known as Aston Jacobs. Not spectacular in any sense, he was as average as any force user could get. While he had training the ways of the force, it wasn't that far into his training that he was a hardened warrior. His only talents that could be place on a resume was that he was constantly in pursuit of justice and eager to wipe out corruption of any sort. And that is what brought him to Bakura on this day.

Contacts that he had here and their had alerted him to such a deal going down that was in attempt to steal thousands of weapons from the First Order and to be given to several under worldly types, that Aston felt that would only do harm to the Order.

Aston had changed much in the last year, his thoughts and views had changed and he was a different person so to speak. He hadn't spoken with his family in several years, and in truth he wasn't sure if that bothered him or not. He was on a quest for self discovery, and he couldn't do that by playing the sidelines.

After the meeting was dismissed, the hooded figure that was disguised as a bodyguard had left with his entourage and when time was presentable he snuck out and tossed his cloak to the side. Noting the time and place as he checked the time and saw that there was just 3 hours until showtime.

[member="Natasi Fortan"]

skin, bone, and arrogance
The inauguration of the new Governor of Bakura, [member="Tytos Ardik"], was finished. A sworn oath, some signed paperwork, a few formal portraits with the Grand Moff and the Governor for the papers, and they were done for awhile. The inaugural gala was looming, to begin at 7, and Natasi had a lot to catch up on. With the gracious permission of the new governor -- not that she needed it -- Natasi had commandeered a conference room in the governor's mansion in Salis D'aar, which was also the site of the inaugural ball, to conduct her business.

Meeting with the Cabinet while away from Number 10 was something of an ordeal. The Cabinet Ministers had to be patched in from wherever they were, appearing holographically around the table. The Grand Moff seated herself at the middle of the table, her advisers arrayed around her. The main topic of conversation was the war, and there were a lot of questions about whether there was any end in sight. Natasi had never wanted the war, and had taken great pains to avoid it. Meanwhile, some of the hawks in her cabinet had rooted lustily for war, and were among those who were pressuring her to find a way to make peace with the Galactic Alliance. There was something ironic about it that Natasi would have enjoyed, except for the fact that these meetings usually involved discussions about casualties and deaths, which tended to put a damper on anything humorous.

When that wrapped up, Natasi summoned [member="Tytos Ardik"] in for a meeting with herself and a few of the other ministers. She glanced at her watch; plenty of time, still.

[member="Valessia Brentioch"] | [member="Talbot Vitalis"] | [member="Aston Jacobs"]

Valessia Brentioch

V
Valessia almost sent out a decline on the invite to the gala. Sixteen weeks pregnant and the newly reinstated Ambassador wasn't entirely sure she wanted to fuss with this. There was a lot of work to catch up on, and admittedly she wasn't quite ready to make nice with Natasi after being sidelined for so long. Then she knew that was ridiculous because it wouldn't matter, part of her wished she had kept everything silent handed in her resignation and run back home for Brentaal IV. And then she remembered how stale it was there and the press she'd face as well, she still didn't have a seat with the upper house. Not yet, but she was sure after her union with Colonel Creed that would elevate her position. And so here she was, with a plastered smile as she carried more than her own weight.

Taking a deep breath she let a hand rest on her swollen abdomen and decided just to have a seat where she could watch everyone talk. Watch them prance and show themselves off. "Thank you, Edra." She said to the Zabrak, "you're good."

"This isn't my first kid," the woman gestured to Valessia's belly just as well, "I remember when you were pregnant with Ryana. Only that one was easier than this one, Epicanthix, sheesh. How is your back handling this, Val?"

"It isn't," she admitted, "most likely will end up on bed rest in a few weeks, the doctors don't recommend I try this again."

Edra chortled, "they don't say?"

Valessia rolled her eyes and elbowed Edra a moment as she gave her friend a smile, "but thank you, really. I'm assuming Cin and Paddy are around here somewhere?"

"Of course we are," the Zabrak put her arm around Val's shoulder. "Smile and wave, Val. Smile and wave."

"I've been smiling and waving more often than I care to count, Edra." An exasperated sigh, "but it's all I can do these days. I am just grateful enough that Natasi even reinstated my credentials."

That got the other woman rolling, "it wasn't like suspending them did anything to stop you anyway."

"Why would I let it? Money talks more than a smile, goes a lot further too. Reminds me, I need to make contact with Mr. Schule again and see if there's anything else we can do for him." Valessia noted, "now where is-"

Edra looked down at Val, "no, no c'mon we're gonna enjoy this shindig and you are going to stay off your feet as much as possible until junior pops out."

"We're not calling him that."

"Force no," Edra agreed and laughed a little, "c'mon lighten up a bit, Valley."

"I'll try." Valessia admitted as she put her head against the Zabrak's shoulder.

[member="Natasi Fortan"] | [member="Aston Jacobs"]

SALIS D'AAR
GOVERNOR'S MANSION

In his office at the governor's mansion, Tytos examined himself in a mirror - apparently able to see perfectly fine even in the room's darkened state. Eventually he would come to the conclusion that the new uniform, code cylinders and all, suited him just fine. This had been something of a concern.

The inauguration was quiet. No speeches, no swelling crowds. Just a photo op and some paperwork. The oath had been ornamental at best, meant to assure the small crowd of wealthy Bakuran aristocrats and capitalists that Tytos would do his best to uphold the prosperity of Bakura and the laws of the First Order. Tytos had sensed their distrust. How could he not? Some foreign, near-human banker had just been dragged out from the depths of the Pentastar Alignment to assume the role of governor. Aside from his position of import within two different companies, people of their limited stature would have limited access to any critical information on him. Tytos preferred it that way. Better to keep everyone who wasn't on a need-to-know basis in the dark. Less room for problems.

Tomorrow, his first meeting would be with several of the so-called Namana barons. Farmers, essentially. Namana and its byproducts was one of the more popular exports on Bakura. Tytos had sampled some on his flight out here. It was... Okay. An opinion that would need to be re-written for the meeting. That would wait until tomorrow. At the moment he was expected at a meeting in his own conference room, commandeered by the Grand Moff herself. Ensuring his belt was secured one last time, Tytos left his office. He arrived early, seeing that arriving late to a meeting with the Grand Moff (particularly one that was being held in the same building that he lived in) would set a poor tone.

The posted security recognized the new governor and allowed him into the room. The doors parted for him, and upon sighting [member="Natasi Fortan"] he greeted her in his usual stiff manner. "Grand Moff Fortan," he said. "This conference room has been to your liking, I hope."

Natasi and Clémence were cleaning up the papers from the cabinet meeting when the Governor, [member="Tytos Ardik"] came in. "Ah, Governor Ardik," said Natasi pleasantly as she tucked her papers away in the red lockbox t be returned to the General Ministry on Dosuun. "Quite suitable," Natasi said in reference to the conference room, casting a careless glance around the place. Bakura was wealthy, so the governor's mansion was quite the elegant affair, and the conference room was no exception. "I hope you'll be comfortable here. Of course, if you prefer to live in a townhouse or something in the suburbs and commute to work, that can be arranged."

She locked the red case with her thumbprint and then handed the case off to Clémence, who took it and left the room. Natasi turned her attention back to the Governor and gestured towards a seat at the head of the table. "Would it be presumptuous for me to invite you to take a seat at your own conference table? Please," she said, taking a seat at the head's right hand. "I'd like to discuss your agenda for Bakura and see how my office can assist with achieving it."

She pulled her portfolio over and uncapped her pen, then looked expectantly across at [member="Tytos Ardik"].

Talbot Vitalis straightened his tie in the mirror and then stood back to study his appearance. Duke of Foxyfield indeed, he mused to himself. He tucked a few stray locks of his hair back behind his ear and then left the room. His room was adjacent to the Grand Moff's in the governor's mansions state apartments -- close enough that they could meet, but separate to satisfy Natasi's puritanical public persona -- but since she was in meetings with [member="Tytos Ardik"], Tal elected to head down to the state ballroom alone. The room was set for a large state dinner, with a bar against one wall. Talbot buttoned his blazer and looked around, moving out of the way of the other guests coming and going.

The aristocratic establishment of Bakura as well as the First Order's diplomatic bright lights had turned out in force. Talbot spotted a familiar face; [member="Valessia Brentioch"] seemed to be people-watching -- not that he could blame her. He approached her casually, introducing himself to her associates before extending a hand to Valessia herself. "Ambassador Brentioch," he said genially. "I can't tell you how pleased I am to see you. Is this seat taken?" He pulled a chair up and crossed his legs, signaling for a passing waiter to come over.

"Scotch," he said to the waiter. "Something for you and your friends, Ambassador?" he waited for the waiter to complete taking the orders and then turned his attention back to Valessia. "I don't think we've met. My name is Talbot Vitalis. I'm a -- ahh -- a friend of the Grand Moff," he added delicately.

Valessia Brentioch

V
Valessia and Edra had been engaged in conversation quietly watching the crowd. The ambassador was making a timetable in her mind, for how long she was going to stay here and just how many hands she'd shake. She didn't wear anything fancy on the evening's account, it was a comfortable dress that would just barely meet Natasi's elegant requirements for the night. For the moment they were alone, of course, that all changed when [member="Talbot Vitalis"] approached just as Cin the Devaronian had taken a seat beside Edra. The gentleman in question extended a hand and addressed her, politely she took his hand and shook. The Brentaalan noble watched the man pull up a chair. "Water will be fine, Edra, Cin?"

"Piloting tonight so maybe just a club soda," Cin requested and Edra did the same given she'd have the task of keeping the Ambassador well for the evening.

The noble watched the man a moment and smiled inwardly at how the man referred to himself as. Well, he was certainly a step up from the last piece of trash that Natasi was with, she'd give her friend credit for that. He looked better too, more well mannered. He was Galidraani wasn't he? Figures Nat went back and fished in her old pond. "Mr. Vitalis, a pleasure to meet you," her opening statement was neutral as was her tone, "any friend of the Grand Moff's is certainly a friend of mine." She gave him a toothy smile as she shifted in her seat, "tell me how did you and the Grand Moff become acquainted?" Direct and straight to the heart of the matter and if he wouldn't spill, well then the ambassador supposed she was out of luck. Natasi wasn't exactly in a place with Valessia to spill all her personal secrets again, not that the woman could blame her. Well, she could but she wouldn't.

[member="Talbot Vitalis"]

[member="Natasi Fortan"]

"That won't be necessary, I don't think." Leaving the governor's mansion so soon. That would be rather insulting, he would think. It shouldn't have been necessary. Not unless they started spying on him. And at this point in his career, they was becoming an alarmingly broad category of people. The cons of social mobility. "And not at all."

Tytos had not brought any of his burgeoning collection of flimsiplast drafts, proposals, outlines, memos, or projections with him. While his face might have been mangled, his memory was perfectly fine. The grittier number crunching could wait until things got moving anyway. He took a seat as indicated, failing to relax into it. Frail as a feather, stiff as a board. Such was the lot of all Ardiks. Tytos did not leave her waiting expectantly for long.

"Namana growing operations will need to be subsidized, or private investment facilitated, to modernize several of the larger harvesting operations. To leave them as they are now will see exports gradually decline to the point of negligibility. I anticipate that Bakura loses the market foothold, it loses the market." The galaxy was a vast and interconnected place. There were many fruits like the Namana with just as many potential uses. If production did not pick up again, it would inevitably be replaced by something else. And chances were that the "something else" wouldn't come with the ethical conundrums of a quasi-addictive status. At least it wasn't bad for you.

"There is also the matter of the Kurtzen nativist movement... A peaceful method of discrediting and silencing them will be actively sought and is among our top priorities."

Given how quickly Kurtzen apparently keeled over, it was no surprise that a lot of them were growing nostalgic for the old days. Old days for the Kurtzen seemed to involve running around as nomadic hunter-gatherers. It sounded miserable to Tytos, especially up against the lovely enfranchisement they enjoyed among civilization. If a small bunch of Kurtzen sauntered off to live in the wilderness, that was their problem. Problems would arise if perfectly service-ready, human youth of the First Order decided living idyllic among "nature" was preferable to things like indoor plumbing and air conditioning. It reminded him of the Nova-Ithorian movement back on Cantras Gola when he was... What? Sixteen? The whole thing had been a disaster. Socially, economically, politically...

Talbot settled himself more comfortably into his chair and studied [member="Valessia Brentioch"] carefully for a few moments. Formerly Natasi's closest confidant, the woman had earned the ire of the Grand Moff by disappearing without a trace for some time. The Grand Moff had been worried sick, and when she turned up again more or less unharmed and without a satisfactory explanation for her disappearance, the Grand Moff had been hurt and betrayed. This was all before Tal's reconciliation with Natasi, but she had filled him in. He didn't understand Natasi's feelings, but women were enigmatic and mysterious, even to a man well-acquainted with the female form.

He realized that he was still sitting there, looking at Valessia blankly. He blinked a few times and smiled. "Likewise," Talbot said in response to her observation that a friend of Natasi's was a friend of hers. "Oh, Lady Natasi and I go way back. Our families were neighbors, after a fashion, on Galidraan. I suppose we became acquainted, to answer your question, when our fathers negotiated our engagement. We became un-acquainted when Lady Natasi ended our engagement, and became re-acquainted when we met at an auction some months ago." He took his drink off the tray when the waiter came by with it, lifted it in a silent toast to Valessia before taking a sip. "I guess this is the long-and-short of it: she doesn't hold a grudge forever."

Another long draft of his drink, which he then set on the table. "Only about ten years or so. Don't worry, it'll fly by." He pulled a silver cigarette case from his breast pocket and popped it open, pulling a cigarette from the confines within. He tapped it on the table, then stopped. What was he thinking? He couldn't smoke around a pregnant woman. Smiling apologetically, he tucked the cigarette back in its case and put the case back into his inside breast pocket. "What about you?"

"Is something the matter sir?" A droid inquired to the man that sat staring at a screen split into a four picture display, the small ship that was stationed in the hangar held the confines of Aston Jacobs and whatever entourage he had with him. Which was just a droid that aided him in his exploration of the galaxy, a rather useful droid to be quite honest. Aston had his skills in various things, while he wasn't the most talented force user around, he sure made up for it with his skills in other jobs. "Nothing, it just seems rather busier than usual." Aston had set up 4 cameras in various places surrounding the complex, a small means as to see if they would deviate from their schedule which would put a damper on things. "Too busy to be quite honest." Aston had been staring at the screen for quite some time.

The force user stood up and moved away from the screen as he went to check his outfit for the evening's festivities. Aston's hand rose towards the tie as he flicked it with his finger and chuckled lightly. "I trust my name has been added to the list already."

"Yes it has, my friend. It was quite simple."

Aston sighed and took a deep breath before looking towards the droid. "Nicely done. Don't forget to send the drone over to this spot, I'd hate to get engaged in an altercation and not have my lightsaber or my blaster. Drop it in here, I will be right there to retrieve it. Should something else change keep your comlink handy. " Aston spoke as he circled a spot on the paper layout of the building. "I'm gonna take a little snooze before the festivities begin." Aston said as he plopped himself down on the makeshift bed and he started to close his eyes, just then the droid spoke up again.

"Forgive me again, my friend. But how exactly do you plan on securing aid should the meeting go south."

Aston opened one eye as it looked towards the droid. "Oh my mechanical friend. I'm sure there will be someone their at the governors mansion who will want to hear a true story of betrayal and corruption." Aston then closed his eye and tried to get some rest for he was going to be in a for a wild night.

[member="Talbot Vitalis"] [member="Tytos Ardik"] [member="Valessia Brentioch"] [member="Natasi Fortan"]

Valessia Brentioch

V
Edra watched this Talbot character, she didn't like him. Didn't know why but just wasn't a fan right from the start. Cin wasn't paying attention to him, rather she kept an eye out for the waiter who returned with drinks. Valessia on the other hand listened to him rabble and somewhere in there had gotten her answer. She'd remind herself to be more direct with her next set of questions, unless she wanted to entertain the man's life story.

And then he spoke of something perhaps he shouldn't have. Val gave him a tight smile and politely sipped her water as he talked and fiddled. She turned attention away from him for the moment and turned to Edra. "How's home?"

"Good, Ori's had a few problems but nothing I can't handle," the Zabrak's voice was low just enough for Val to hear. When she turned her attention back to the man he was fiddling with a cigarette case. If he was a representation of how Galidraani men acted then Valessia could say without a doubt she was glad to have dodged that bullet. "The Grand Moff and I met shortly after the First Order's acquisition of Ryoone." Short, sweet and to the point. She sipped her water again and gave Talbot another polite smile. And just past the man before her she thought she saw someone. "Edra can you help me up? I think I see Vassek's Governor over to the left there is that him?"

"I can have a peek, you sit tight," Edra acknowledged as she stood on her feet and headed to see if Vassek's Governor was indeed here. Cin then moved over to sit beside the Ambassador.

Valessia wasn't entirely she wanted to ask Tal anymore questions. Thankfully the Zabrak returned, "nah, I think it's his brother or somethin' but not him."

"Shame, I wanted to ask him about the upcoming concert series on Ranau." There was a shrug and her attention was once more square on the man next to her. She was trying to see what Natasi saw in him at all. To his credit the man was good looking, but that seemed to be about all. "You'll have to excuse me, Mr. Vitalis, was it? I need to make a trip to the powder room."

Cin on cue moved to help Valessia to her feet and walked with her in the direction of the ladies room.

[member="Talbot Vitalis"]

Natasi smiled pleasantly at [member="Tytos Ardik"]. The man had a pleasant turn of phrase, and he seemed to have a firm grasp of the situation at hand, which was a refreshing change. "With the war on, demand for luxury goods has been down -- thanks in large part to the Ministry of Culture's efforts to discourage the demand for luxury goods, so it's nice to know that's working. We expect the demand to recover with time when the hostilities are resolved." She tapped her pen against her chin thoughtfully and leaned back against her seat. "Let's pencil in low-interest business development loans through the Ministry of Finance. We'll take advantage of the downturn in demand to retrofit the production facilities. The owners will appreciate it and we'll turn a profit on the loans. Win-win, no?"

She turned her face towards the Governor. "Thoughts?"

When that had been settled, the Kurtzen were the next topic of conversation. "Provided they aren't hurting anyone -- or themselves -- peaceful is the watchword. We don't need to give those goons in the Alliance anything more to obsess over." She shook her head and tucked a strand of hair behind her ear. "The planetary defense forces as well as the local police forces are at your disposal, but do be mindful of optics. Assume everything you do will be within the public eye, even if you take every effort to avoid it."

Talbot's eyes narrowed somewhat, the smile remaining fixed on his features as he watched [member="Valessia Brentioch"].

He believed that tacky, working class people called it shade.

On Galidraan, they didn't beat around the bush or dress it up. They called it what it was: rudeness.

He watched her trundle off with an amused smirk and took a drink from his scotch. "Don't hurry back, Ambassador," he muttered to himself. He had to wonder, as he watched her, what exactly it was that Natasi had valued about her. But, the moment she disappeared from view, Ambassador Brentioch was out of Talbot's mind. He stood and tugged his cuffs into place, picked up his drink, and wandered off in the direction of a collection of Namata magnates at the bar to make small-talk as he waited for his fiancée to arrive.

[member="Natasi Fortan"]

Peaceful as the watchword. Understandable. With the Pacanath Reach so close by, the First Order did not need another focal point for gross sapient rights violations. Or rulers whose names were synonymous with overwhelming atrocity. Not that it was his business. Once it left the Bakura System, it was all out of his hands now. "A win-win, indeed," he agreed. There would be very close inspection of each production facility before the loans went out and close monitoring until they were brought up to standard. Tytos was not about to be held responsible if the growers squandered Ministry of Finance credits and defaulted. Most of he Namana Barons were born to wealth. Again and again and again, it was all generational. Hereditary.

People born to money tended to be more frivolous with it. Costs were not calculated. Tytos would be able to say for sure once he met with them all more than once, but for now he would operate on the assumption that hands were going to need to be held. Necks breathed down. That sort of thing. "I doubt police or garrison forces need be deployed. More furtive options will be explored first. I'm told there are a few young officers at one of the more prestigious police divisions here that would be suitable for undercover work."

As satisfying as a crackdown could be to witness, they tended to contribute more to long term-resentment and unrest on planets like Bakura. It would be an overreaction to such a flaccid, pacified gaggle of young adults who were too idealistic to know better yet. Tytos had more imaginative measures in mind. Ones that would satisfy the need to remain underneath Galactic Alliance optics.

Natasi nodded her agreement with the Governor and jotted her notes, nodding along with his words. "Very well said, Governor," she commented. "I'll set up a conference call with the Minister of Finance for tomorrow if he has availability in his calendar. Which he will because he works for me." She glanced at her watch and then frowned. "Well. If there's nothing pressing, I need to go and dress for the banquet. A Grand Moff never appears in the same outfit twice, I think that's been codified in law by now," she muttered. Natasi gathered up her things and rounded the table to offer [member="Tytos Ardik"] a firm handshake. "I think this is the beginning of a beautiful partnership, Governor Ardik. Welcome aboard, again. I'll see you in a while."

With all of that settled, the Grand Moff returned to her rooms where her ladies' maid Banks helped her into a beaded beige evening gown. Not one of her best frocks, to be sure, but in the far-flung reaches of the empire it was always safer not to risk overdressing. It took some time to get everything settled -- dress, hair, makeup, accessories. Eventually, she was finished and headed down to the state dining room. Everything stopped when she was announced; heads swiveled in her direction. The sensation of being the center of attention still made Natasi feel uncomfortable. She smiled bashfully around the room and shook a few hands on the way in before -- thankfully -- being rescued by [member="Talbot Vitalis"] sweeping her off towards the bar.

She ordered a gin and tonic from the bartender and he allowed Talbot to kiss her cheek, squeezing his forearm in return. "Making friends?" she murmured playfully.

[member="Valessia Brentioch"] | [member="Aston Jacobs"]

"You know I really hate dressing up." Aston said with a chuckle as he stared at himself in the small mirror aboard the ship. Fixing his tie a little bit before he straightened up his jacket and took a deep breath while he wasn't knew to this sort of thing, he really didn't like it. Aston glanced around as he looked back to his droid that piped in with a few words.

"You look rather fine this evening sir, If I do say so myself. Just be patient and you will do fine." The droid spoke in its own mechanical voice before sitting down at the desk near the computer. "Remember, wait for my signal. Hopefully this all goes according to plan, and if it doesn't...." Aston trailed off as he glanced around a bit while trying to find his words. "It was nice knowing ya!" He finished while walking off the ship and towards the Governors Mansion.

After a small trip by speeder, Aston had stopped as the valet had taken in his vehicle, as he walked up the steps to what looked to be the first test, which was getting in.

Let's see if this worked.

Aston showed a big smile as he buttoned up his jacket 2 notches before he reached the entrance and security. "Name."

"Aston Jacobs"

"I don't see your name on the list, sir." The inductee spoke as his finger rolled up the datapad scanning what seemed to be everything.

"Hmm." Aston muttered as he raised his hand to his chin and in doing so a finger raised as he used a mind trick on the man. "My name is there, perhaps there's been a mistake?"

The inductee cleared his throat and nodded. "Yes sir, your name is here...there has been a mistake."

"Thank you." Aston bowed rather appropriately, he moved past him and he was searched briefly before completely entering.

Aston entered and was slightly impressed by the layabout of things. The First Order really know how to throw a party, Aston mused as he glanced around and took a glass of wine from a passing waiter. Aston tapped a button on his comlink, that was at his ear, as it opened up a frequency back to his ship and communication with his droid.

"See if you can get back in and see if my name was misplaced on the list. I had to force, my way through. Get it, my friend." Aston chuckled lightly and spoke even quieter, with his lips moving just barely.

"Your jokes are as funny as ever sir." Spoke a very, not amused droid "Now remember, Dark hair, roughly-" The droid began to say but Aston cut him off.

"Roughly 5-6, maybe 5-7, around 130 pounds, perhaps." Aston muttered as his eyes were already scanning the area, quickly enough as he walked the area as quick and as unnoticeable as he possibly could. "I think I've spotted her, she's near the bar. I'll contact back shortly." Aston spoke while moving towards the bar and finishing his glass of wine. Aston placed the glass on the counter as he ordered himself a small glass of whiskey. Aston stood facing the bar, as the Grand Moff stood directly next to him. It was her, as he confirmed at a closer view.

"Moff Fortan, if I'm not mistaken?" Aston said with a small smile, and a small nod of his head in her direction. While for all intents and purposes this seemed like a good way to start, part of him had a feeling at the back of his mind that this whole plan was going to be a disaster.

[member="Natasi Fortan"]

Natasi was chatting quietly with her fiancé as the bartender went about his work. He didn't think much of Valessia, she discovered. His complaints seemed to mirror some of the others Natasi had heard about the diplomat being anything but diplomatic; Talbot wasn't the first to complain that she was pushy and rude. Natasi listened without comment; she was not blind to Valessia's flaws, but the woman had been a tireless worker for the First Order's interests over the years. She reserved judgment, her dark eyes lidding heavily. A few moments later, her drink arrived and she thanked the barkeeper before taking a sip of her drink.

She heard her name mentioned nearby and half-turned to see [member="Aston Jacobs"], her eyebrows lofting curiously. "It's Grand Moff, actually, if we're being pedantic. I don't think we've been introduced." She extended a hand to the man, eyes narrowing somewhat at the new arrival. "Natasi Fortan. Have you met Mr. Talbot Vitalis?" she asked, gesturing towards Talbot before turning back to Jacobs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom