Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Neglected Conscience

Valae got frazzled? Seemed highly unlikely from what Jake perceived about the woman. Jake agreed with her self-assement that she was able to keep herself centered. Valae was in many ways the polar opposite of Jake when it came to personality. Though they were both analytical; what they did with that type of personality was as different as oil and water. Valae wasn't driven by her emotions to the extent that Jake was. She could keep a level head. She was able to find a balance.

Jake was primal by comparison. When Valae wrapped her arm around his own, the man grinned. He believed her. Every word. She'd be able to help him. It was her question that threw him for a loop though. For several moments Jake mulled over his response. He knew what he was going to say. His concern was in how he was going to answer. He didn't want to drive her away. That was his fear. Valae would bolt with what he was about to say. A gentle kiss to her top of her head was placed before Jake gave the reigns another whip to get the mules to pick up the pace.

Jakes eyes, for a moment looked to Valae. He was a man. He wasn't going to sugar coat anything. He just didn't want her to leave. Not now. Not ever. Jakes eyes left her and looked away in a sense of unmistakable shame.

"I wanted to. I wont lie." Jake replied with apparent apprehension. "When I found him and saw the weapon in his hands, instinct took over. For decades I've been driven by a fight or flight response. My nerves are always heightened. I protect those most important to me. With how many battles I've been in, how many other assassins I've protected my Master and family from, I react without mercy. With you inside the home, so dangerously close to a man with a weapon, I lost it."

A deep breath through his mouth was exhaled through his nostrils.

"I'm not sorry for what I did." Jake explained. "I'd do everything I did the exact same way should it happen again. I..." Jake's voice trailed off as his eyes spotted a distant herd of wild game running in the distance. "That's why I came close to you. I normally can't control the dark passenger," Jake paused, "thats what I call the darkness within, without a lot of self-control. Sometimes it works. Sometimes it doesn't. But with you, just being near you, is enough to bring it under control."

"When we get to the campground there will be a fight. I'll make no illusions about it. I want you to understand that when the dark passenger had emerged, you were never in danger. The darkness emerged to irradiate the threat." Jake explained. "I tell you this because it might... no... it will happen again when we get there. I just can't hold it at bay without you near; I know I can't if you're threatened."

[member="Valae Kitra"]​

Valae’s head canted to the side slightly as she awaited Jake’s response. As she watched him, she could see the hesitation. But she did not have the feeling that he was trying to spin lies. Instead, it looked like he was merely being thoughtful about his words. She felt his lips press against the top of her head, and she smiled softly. Then Jake’s eyes pointedly shifted away. And when he did speak, Valae paid close attention to his explanation and his tone.

He wanted to kill the outlaw.

It did not feel like he was proud to say it – but there was also no regret about the actions he did take. Valae looked down at her lap for a moment; Jake had been trying to protect her. She had to think about it, she would not hesitate to protect those close to her. But would she kill? Deep in thought, she supposed that she might – if a loved one was in serious danger. Next to her, she felt him draw in a deep breath. Her eyes softened as he explained that she was able to help him keep the dark passenger at bay.

“Thank you for being honest,” She said earnestly, turning to face Jake. “And I know you were just trying to keep me safe.”

Valae gave Jake’s arm a gentle squeeze. She truly did want to help him; the darkness within Jake did not define him. Together, she knew that they had a chance to free him from this shadow. But it would take time, and it would not be easy. She was committed, not because it was simply her duty, but because she did genuinely care for the man sitting next to her.

“I’ll be here by your side,” She assured him. “And not just for today, but in the future, too.” Valae added, to make sure he knew that she was in this for better or worse. “I know it will be… difficult, but try not to give in to the dark thoughts… even if I’m in danger.” Valae wasn’t sure if she said these words in vain, but she figured that it was worth a try. “See, I know there will be danger at the campsite – I’ve accepted this risk. And my position in the Silver Jedi Order makes me a target – another risk that I have accepted. Not to say I’ll just roll over and let something happen… I won’t.” She added a small smile.

As far as she was concerned, she had quite a lot to live for – especially now.

Valae slid under Jake’s arm, so that she could sit closer to him. Gently, her hands covered his as they held the reigns. She could feel his warmth now, and she basked in the comfort that it brought her. And wanting to lighten the mood, she moved her own hands onto the leather straps of the reigns.

“Will you show me how to drive?” She asked, smiling.

There was still quite a trek ahead of them; she figured that she should make use of this opportunity. After all, she wasn’t sure when she would ever get the chance to drive a mule cart again.

[member="Jake Daniels"]

Valae didn't want him to give into the dark thoughts? Ok Jake thought for the most part that he could try and do that. Valae didn't want him to give into the dark thoughts even if she was in danger? That he wasn't sure he could do. He said nothing. Jake wouldn't make a promise he wasn't sure he could keep. It was one thing to fight against the dark urge, but to fight against it if she were in danger? Then Valae did something that completely changed the mood.

She slid under his arm, pushing herself close as her hands took hold of the reigns with Jakes. The man let out a nice laugh. Valae really did know how to take their minds off of rather uneasy conversations and to something more light heared.

"Absolutely." Jake replied. He pulled his hands up to Valaes, which by now were held firm to the reigns. "They animals are led by your pulls. See the logs up ahead? They can get over them but the wagon can't. What you want to do is pick left or right than pull that side of the reigns." Jake gently pulled Valaes hand, which pulled the reign right. The mule on the rights head slightly turned which caused the animal to begin walking in a slight rightward direction. The other followed the lead.
"They mules follow one another. Depending on how hard you pull on the reign depends on how far in one direction you want them to go." As the Mules began to come to the end of the logs, Jake pulled on Valae's left hand to pull the left one gently. They followed the motion and soon the wagon was back on its original path. "To get them to stop, just pull the reigns straight back."

Taking his hands off of Valae's, the Knight wrapped both arms around her. He watched as she guided, eyes darting from the animals, to her hands, to her, then back again. All he focused on was Valae in this moment. When they got to the campground, this peace would be shattered but until then he'd enjoy every second. Two people. One wagon. The middle of nowhere. It was surreal.

"Based on this area," Jake said, "We're about an hour, perhaps less, from the campground now. Just keep guiding them straight. We'll be coming in from the north where the dead trees will become more numerous. It'll allow us some cover as we approach. When we get there, we'll release the mules. Let's not forget our blanket though."

His fingers slid up her back, beneath her luxurious hair, and began to gently massage the area of Valae where the head met the neck. "Five years from this moment, where do you want to see yourself. I'm not asking where you think you'll be, I'm asking where you want to be. If you could have anything, anything at all, what would it be?"
[member="Valae Kitra"]​

Valae grinned as she directed the mules around the logs, with Jake’s guidance. My, my… under different circumstances, it could be quite a lot of fun to travel this way – not because it got you there quickly, but because it was quaint. As Jake’s arms wrapped her in a warm embrace, she settled against him and continued to watch the road ahead.

One more hour, she thought to herself.

It was hard to say what they would find at the campsite, but she had a bad feeling in the pit of her stomach. As much as Jake did not want her to be in danger, she felt the same way about him. She’d seen him injured once, but it was different now that they had bonded. But she knew that he needed to save his friends, Valae would do the same for her own. As his fingers slid up her back, she felt a pleasant shiver. And his gentle neck massage made it difficult to focus on her task of driving. It was a good thing that it was pretty much a straight shot.

“Hmm,” She considered his question. “Five years from now?”

Valae had to pause to think about this. Where did she want to be?

“To be honest, I haven’t given much thought to settling down. But I am of an age where I ought to start thinking about it. I’m not getting any younger…” Her brow furrowed.

Much of the next few years would be devoted to the Order, or so she supposed. She’d always felt hesitant to think of bringing young ones into the world, given her turbulent upbringing. But she’d be lying if she said she hadn’t thought about what it might be like to have a family. Somewhere in the back of her mind, she could imagine a young girl with wavy brown hair like her own. And perhaps a little boy with the same doe-eyes that she had.

“But if I could have anything… maybe it would be nice to have a place to set down roots. Tatooine is controlled by the Imperials now, so it’s not likely that I’ll be going back. It could be nice to have a house somewhere, a place to raise a family… someday.” Valae smiled, “I don’t see myself holding the office of Grandmaster forever, I’d like to retire at some point – I know that might sound selfish… but it’s not a role I ever had in mind for myself. I’m not sure it’s a great fit for me.”

She tilted her head back, letting it rest gently against Jake’s shoulder.

“And you? What is it that you want in five year’s time?”

[member="Jake Daniels"]

"What do I want? I see myself sitting in a chair on the patio of a log cabin that I built in the middle of a forest." Jake replied. The moment Valae had asked the question, the man knew his answer. "A warm cup of coffee, with the woman I love on my lap. Both of us," Jake gave Valae a tight squeeze. "Wrapped in a blanket as we watch the snow fall, or rain. As long as the home is away from large cities, I'll be happy. Maybe a dog, perhaps a cat. Hell maybe even a trained parrot. Dunno yet. All I know is that in five years I want to be able to just rest."

The way he said that indicated that the man was simply tired.

"Vast majority of my life has spent fighting, hunting, going to war. I want to be a patriarch to a family. I want to focus on those I love. I want to be not just a good husband or father but the best. I won't turn my back on the force. I won't turn my back on those in need of my help but family does and always will come first." Jake explained. His voice was far more lively than usual. Though he enjoyed every conversation he and Valae had, this was by far one of his favorite.

"I want to be a chef, a plumber, electrician, hunter, and a provider for my wife. I want to be a teacher for my child that I inevitably will have with you..." Welp that was a bombshell. Perhaps it was best to try and distract Valae from that one statement. "I mentioned before my loyalty is unlike any other. I'm a family man. Fierce and protective but I'm not invincible. I do have my flaws. You ask where I see myself in five years? You ask what do I want in five years? I want a companion, a lover, a better-half that will stand by my side through thick and thin, better or worse, through hell and high-water. I want to see myself with someone who will put me in my place, who will comfort me as I will her. I want someone as loyal to me as I am to them. That is what I want in five years."

Jake's fingers continued to work their magic. His attention remained solely on Valae. His head nuzzled her own. That bond between them, that pull on the force that had guided Jake planet to planet and finally into the arms of this radiant lioness, was so very mysterious to Jake. Of all of the men in the galaxy the force could have pulled to Valae, it chose him? Lucky was an understatement. Destiny? Fate? Jake didn't know. He did know one thing. His voice fell to such a whisper that any gust of wind would have silenced him.

"I may not be the first love in your life," Jake fingers moved her dark locks from her ear. His lips gently hovering by it. "But I assure you I intend to be your last. In five years you'll look back on this wagon ride and know my words true." That was his confession, his proclamation, a declaration to her very soul that Jake intended to be here; now and forever.

Jake noted the trail becoming a bit more worn ahead. A clear sign that they were drawing close to the campgrounds outer territory. "Take the wagon another seven hundred meters. When you see the path take a sharp right, stop it there. The camp will be within eyesight once we make the turn. I want to be able to get the jump on them." As he grabbed the rifle, Jake paused as he remembered Valae's promise, "I'll try not to kill anyone. I can't guarantee people won't be hurt though, but I'll try to limit damage. The quicker we are, the easier it will be for all of us. Smash and grab. What can go wrong?"

[member="Valae Kitra"]​

As Jake described a snowy forest scene, complete with a cabin, and the two of them wrapped together in a warm blanket, Valae could see it for herself. For a brief moment, she became lost in this dream of their future. This home would be an inviting space, a family home – something that she never truly had for herself. She could almost smell the hearty meals they would cook there, and she could feel the warmth of the hearth, too. And as Jake’s arms gave her an affectionate squeeze, she smiled softly.

He said many words that stuck out to Valae: family, husband, wife, and child.

As he made his intentions clear, she felt her heart flutter within her chest. It seemed that while her own vision of the future had been cloudy, Jake’s was clear as day. Valae was touched to know that she had a place in his dream. He wanted to rest, he wanted to be a husband and father, and he wanted to be the last to claim her heart. Though he couldn’t see it, Valae was blushing deeper than she ever had. Was this practically a proposal?

This conversation gave her hope – it was certainly something to look forward to. But she still had some anxiety, she always did. Would she truly be able to make Jake happy? Could she be the companion and lover that he wanted? Valae knew that only time would tell, but she made a silent promise to try her best and see that they could have everything they wanted… and more.

She leaned closer, hugging Jake’s side with one arm, and put her head on his shoulder.

“I think I’ll look back on this wagon ride very fondly,” Valae said, her voice just above a whisper.

Valae may not have voiced her promises to Jake, but she would be true to him. And instead of attempting to speak up, she decided to put her feelings into an action. Leaning in, she let her lips press against his – she wouldn’t need to say anything else.

The path their wagon traveled was changing. Valae followed Jake’s instructions, and gently brought the mules to a halt before the bend in the road. Chestnut eyes followed as Jake’s took up the rifle, and she nodded to him. Valae tapped a quick message to Skillet, and was assured that he would have the Tumbleweed ready to sweep them up when the call came.

“What can go wrong…” Valae echoed Jake’s words, and pushed out a deep breath. She jumped down from the wagon, and gave each mule a gentle pat. It was a shame to leave them like this, knowing that there was no one left to care for the animals at the Tithe farm.

Looking to Jake again, she gave a steady nod. She was as ready as she’d ever be.

[member="Jake Daniels"]

Jake unfastened both mules after Valae had given them a gentle pat. His mind still relishing her response to his proclamation. The kiss, as remarkable as each other they had given one another. Another show of affection that would forever be cherished. What set this particular kiss a part was the fact that it was Valaes way of agreeing with everything he had said. He knew just in the way their lips met. He knew just in the assertiveness behind her affection. Lord, how'd he get so lucky.

A quick smack on the rears sent both animals scurrying away. They had a better shot at surviving in the wild than they did on a farm with no one around. Turning back towards Valae, Jake motioned towards the revolver as he grabbed their blanket. Taking it, he draped it over Valae's head and shoulders.

"Make sure you keep the gun close. The stark difference between that gun and a blaster is the projectile. Blasters are easily seen but pack a punch. They are also made of energy. These guns fire metal projectiles. They may not do as much damage as a blaster shot but they move faster. Harder to see and just had hard to sense in the force. If you find yourself in a pinch and you don't have your saber do not hesitate to use it." Jake instructed.

He smirked as he finished tying off two corners of the blanket around Valae's neck, "There we go; just like a wandering merchant." Daniels knew he had to explain. "If you are seen, it will take the Outlaws a few moments to realize you aren't just a wandering merchant. By then you should have neutralized the threat. Hopefully though," Jake paused as moved some of Valae's hair from her face, "I am able to pull most of them to me so you don't encounter anyone."

Jake knelt down and used a finger to draw in the dirt. "The campground has eleven buildings that form a circle around a large central pit. My friends will be in an outlying building and probably with guards. I will cause a commotion that will hopefully pull everyone from the buildings. Watch them as best you can. The one building where no one comes out is where they'll be. Mon Cheri'," Jake's eyes rose from the dirt drawn map, "as soon as you get them just run. I'll catch up. If Skillet arrives with your ship and I'm not there, get the hell out of dodge. I'll find you."

Something in Jake's gut was telling him this wasn't going to be a simple smash and grab. Best described as an itch, the man would do whatever necessary to protect his lioness.

"This way." Jake explained. The pair made their way just a dozen or so meters from one of the outer most cabin. "It's now or never." Jake mumbled. Inside the dark passenger was stirring. Blood was about to be spilled. How much all depended on if Jake could keep his promise to Valae. Pressing his forehead to Valae, the Knight closed his eyes and soaked in her presence, "Wait for the signal... please be careful."

With that the Knight slowly and painfully separated from Valae. That pull screamed at him, demanded that he return to her. Oh he would but first there were people that needed their help. Jake put some distance between he and Valae. He had to make sure no one came across her by accident. Coming between two buildings, Jake spotted a half dozen Outlaws around the central fire pit. Among them was a rather large man whom wore piece mailed armor. Metal railroad spikes, steel plating, chain mail and various other items were molded together to cover the majority of his body. At his side was a rusty machete.

Just as Jake raised his rifle, he spotted the glimmer of a liquor bottle beside him. Half full, the idea came to him. Taking the bottle Jake launched it towards the fire pit. Through the air it flew. Jake steadied his aim with the rifle. Down the bottle came, blocked for a moment by a standing Outlaw. Jake fired the rifle. The first shot punched into the lower back of the outlaw whom dropped. He wasn't dead; just hurt. His second and final shot was sent off. The bullet shattered the bottle just as the flames began to touch it.

A mist of fire erupted through the immediate area. The five remaining men screamed and covered their faces as the flame consumed liquor sprayed about them. Jake held the rifle like a club, gripping the barrel, he marched from between two of the outer buildings. Just as he hoped Outlaws poured from the buildings. Just as he hoped, Valae was becoming less of a target; hopefully.

"Heard you morons were looking for me." Jake shouted. As the first Outlaw near Jake, the Knight cracked the barrel of the rifle across his head. He was hurt but not dead. Promise still kept. "Well here I am!"

Things just got interesting.

[member="Valae Kitra"]​

Valae watched as both of the mules took off into the distance. Turning, she found the blanket being draped gently over her. She stood still as she listened to Jake’s instructions. Gun? Oh, yes… she gave her hip a quick pat, where the pistol was holstered. Valae just wasn’t used to carrying many weapons, but today she was prepared – at least, she hoped. “Got it,” She answered with a nod, feeling Jake’s hand tie the corners of the blanket beneath her chin.

As Jake knelt down, her chestnut eyes followed the lines that his index finger drew in the dirt. She felt a flurry of nerves, but attempted to suppress them with a deep breath. Valae grabbed onto Jake’s arm as he leaned in to press his forehead to her’s. She gave him a quick squeeze, her hand reluctant to let him go.

“I will,” she answered. “You be careful, too.”

For a brief moment, she could only watch as Jake made his way towards his objective. Furrowing her brow, she reached up to hold her blanket-hood in place as she ran. Reaching out with the force, she could feel the presence of many within the camp. There was no way to tell who was who, but she knew that there would be several to contend with. Following the border of the camp, Valae eventually came to settle within the cover provided by a thicket. Her fingers separated some of the small brush before her, and she could see buildings that sat within the camp.

There were a few armed men milling about, they seemed to be joking and laughing. But Jake’s voice was soon heard in the distance, their heads snapped in that direction. Valae’s eyes shifted that way for a moment as well, but she forced her gaze back towards the buildings. Just like Jake had predicted, rough-looking men exited their shelters in anticipation of a fight. Valae swallowed hard. She could hear the sound of her heart beating. Sitting near the other side of the camp, there was one small building that had yet to send any outside.

“That’s it…” She whispered to herself.

Steeling her nerves, she began to move along the edge of the camp, slipping behind the buildings. As she drew near, she paused outside the building. Valae cracked the door open, and then moved inside. Immediately the heads of two armed men turned to find her. The group of three was present, too. Before they men could raise their weapons, Valae held her palm out. She concentrated and used the force to place the two men in a stasis field. It would hold them there motionless for a brief time, hopefully giving her enough time to free Jake’s friends and get out.

“Rania,” Valae said quickly, and the woman glanced in her direction. “I’m here to help.”

Quickly, she moved to untie the bindings around the group of three – all the while keeping her attention on the two frozen guards. It wouldn’t be long now…

[member="Jake Daniels"]

“That can’t be him, can it?” Rania said. Umako didn’t reply. A nudge from him, forced the Twi’lek to look in the direction he motioned.

The evergreen Twi’lek gave a confused looked as the door to the cabin seemed to crack slightly open. Normally the Outlaws would just barge in, made a crude comment about her tenticles, chest, buttocks, or mouth, then leave thinking they were funny. To her surprise and utmost relief, a human woman entered. The two guards present shot their heads up. Just as they went for their weapons, the woman raised her palm. Both guards froze.

Rania’s eyes went from them to the woman and back again. She wasn’t force sensitive but she knew a wielder when she saw one.

“You know my name?” Rania asked in surprise; still trying to wrap her head around everything that was unfolding. “Thanks for the rescue.” The Twi'lek rubbed her wrists and looked to Umako whom had his bindings being worked on. A new sound though caught Rania’s attention.

Snoring.

“Wake him up.” Umako said.

Walking before Cody, Rania gently closed the dark-skinned human’s mouth and pinched his nose tight. A giggle escaped her as the man began to cough.

“What the hell!” Cody shouted.

“Jake’s here and he brought help!” Rania exclaimed. “This is Cody and Umako; my husbands! I’m Rania, as you well know. Who’re you?” She beamed a bright smile as her arms were placed on both shoulders. Her head tilted to the side and looked up to Umako. The three had a rather unique relationship to say the least. One that Jake would definitely have to elaborate on at a later time.

As the boys moved towards the door, Rania walked up to the two frozen men. Their weapons now dropped, she simply leaned down and picked up two six shooters near identical to the one holster by Valae.

With a twirl and another wink, “Best looking cowgirl in these here parts?”

“If you are quite finished?” Umako scolded. His demeanor was in start contrast to Rania's. Serious. Stiff. He was remarkably similar to a focused Jake. “We can play later. Right now we need to get off this damn rock. Do you have a way out of here?” The Togruta asked, turning towards Valae.

“What about Jake?” Rania replied. "We aren't leaving him!" Her emerald eyes narrowed in defiance of her mate; the Togruta growing slightly unnerved by the stare down.

A body of an Outlaw crashed against the cabin. The aged wooden blanks shook violently, threatening to shatter inwards. His unconscious body fell to the ground in front of the door which drew a smirk from Cody, “Seem’s like he’s handling himself. Take a look for yourselves.”

This was tougher than Jake had anticipated. Yet the Knight couldn’t fail. He must not. Their lives depended on him. It was because of him that his friends had come to this planet. It would be because of him that they got off of it. The fighter in him, the duelist of duelist used his saber like a chef would a knife. Precise and accurate. It cut through what weapons dared challenge it. His free hand used the force to send out telekinetic bursts that launched bodies in varied directions.

This was where Jake shined; combat. It was one of the few moments where he was able to truly utelize his training. It's what his whole life had been revolved around. Being limited in the force meant he had to make up for it in his skills with a lightsaber. Those skills rivaled that of even highly trained Masters. Slice after slice, Jake weaved his way in and around his attackers. No one died though. He ensured it. He promised it.

Still, there were more than even he expected.

Styx lied.

Barely blocking a shot from one gunman, Jake grabbed another by the throat that rushed in. He turned their bodies like they were in a dance. Another shot hit the man Jake held. At least if he died, it wasn't Jakes fault. Jake continued to use the Outlaw he held onto as a human shield, Jake slashed and kicked at those who neared before sending the choking man towards the original gunman. Both bodies tumbled one over the other. Dust had long filled the air, dulling the view of any and all observing the melee at the camp. Jakes crimson blade was still visible though.

Then… it wasn’t.

Jake groaned as a hand rubbed at his lower. A heavy punch had landed a decent hit on his kidney. The Boss of the Outlaws towered over Jake in his makeshift armor, Jakes lightsaber activated and in hand.

“You caused me a lot of problems, Boy.” The man sneered. “Killed seventeen of my men the last time you were here. I’m sure your responsible for burning two others we found on a fire pit. Now,” the man looked around, “You injured the vast majority of my men here. I’m going to enjoy skinning you.”

“Jake!” Rania shouted.

The Boss turned his attention towards the once captive aliens, “Get them!”

Umako and Cody each took a gun Rania held and opened fire on the Outlaws nearest their location. Some took cover, others ran, and a few dropped where they stood. It didn’t last long. Jake had done a lot of damage. Still… he hadn’t killed anyone.

Realizing his men were down and out, the Boss turned towards a now rising Jake. A well placed kick to the Knights gut dropped Jake back to a knee. Coming around Jake, Boss wrapped a metal clad arm around his neck and lifted him. As Daniels dangled for a moment, he caught a glimpse of Valae. She’d succeeded. It was time for her to get home.

Tired. Exhausted. Now hurting, Jake used the a bit of his remaining strength to cause a force push between himself and Boss. Their bodies flung in opposite directions with Jake skidding against the ground. Again his hand went towards his kidney. Again a groan escaped his mouth. Coming to a stand, Jake dodged a swing from his own lightsaber. He dodged a second, an incoming punch, and then a third. Like a ballet dancer, the man used what agility he had to stay just a step ahead of his attacker. With each miss of Boss, Jake landed a force push. Each use of the force grew steadily weaker; so weak in fact that Boss barely moved when Jake unleashed a push with everything he had remaining.

"Got nothing left in the tank.” Boss said.

Boss turned his attention towards Valae. Slowly he pulled a horribly rusted blade from his belt. “Perhaps I’ll make her a throw rug.”

"F-ck you!" Jake snarled. No one touches Valae. No one. Not his Lioness. He reached up, grabbing hold of Boss by his very belt. The darkness in Jake swelled. As Jake felt the change of his eyes from blue to yellow.

Turning to look down at the exhausted man, Boss sneered from beneath his metal mask. Taking his knife he sliced it across Jake's arm, forcing the Knight to let him go. “This ends now.” Lifting Jake's lightsaber, Boss brought it straight down towards Jake's head.

[member="Valae Kitra"]​

Once the three captives had been unbound, Valae stood to her feet and gave them a once over. All in all, they seemed in fairly good health – at least, for being held by Outlaws. She blinked as Rania introduced the two men as her husbands, but she gave a quick nod to acknowledge her words. After a small glance over her shoulder at the two guards frozen in her stasis field, she returned her gaze to the Twi’lek.

“I’m Valae Kitra,” She offered a smile, “A… friend of Jake.”

As Rania moved to pick up some weaponry, Valae was already getting an idea about what she was like. The Twi’lek woman certainly did have flair and personality, a stark contrast next to Umako. These three seemed to be an interesting group. “Our ride is on its way, don’t worry.” She answered, hoping that Skillet was handling himself alright aboard the Tumbleweed.

The sound of a body crashing against the cabin made Valae jump, her muscles tensed. Slowly, Valae took a couple of steps towards the window. Her fingers gingerly pulled back the thin fabric of the curtain, and she peered outside. Her eyes went wide. Even from here, she could tell that there had been far more than twelve men. Brow furrowing with concern, she clutched at the knot that kept the blanket fastened around her shoulders. As she watched Jake, she could easily see that he was a skilled fighter.

His deft movements saw him escape trouble, but as he’d told her before… he wasn’t invincible. A deep gasp escaped her lips as she saw an armored man land a nasty punch. The others were already on their way out the door, and Valae followed right on their heels. With barely a moment to gather herself, there were outlaws moving in on their position. Lucky for Val, Rania and her men were quick to react. Footsteps came from Valae’s left; the two previously frozen guards had regained control. Her palm shot out again, but this time she sent a wave of force energy their way, and their bodies crashed back into the cabin.

As she glanced back Jake’s way, her heart sank. He was absolutely exhausted. Valae could feel that he was injured, and her fists shook. Just then, her YT Freighter passed overhead – Skillet was attempting to find a safe place to set down. “That’s my ship! Go!” She urged Rania, but turned her own attention back to Jake. Valae caught the sight of a rusty blade cutting into Jake’s arm, and she cried out. “Jake!”

Her breaths were shallow. The force was screaming at her now.

Suddenly, her saber was in hand. And as the Boss began to bring Jake’s saber down, she pushed off the ground and leapt. Azure clashed against crimson, and Valae stood over Jake to protect him. The weight and strength of the Boss pressed against her blade. Her eye twitched, the man was nearly throwing her off balance, but she drew upon the force to keep her steady. And as she pushed against him with her saber, she summoned another force push to try to put some distance between them.

“Jake,” She whispered, Please.”

Valae just needed him to be safe.

[member="Jake Daniels"]

Jake howeled in pain as his fell back. He tucked his now injured arm close to his body, staring at the wound. The man had been cut before. That feeling wasn’t new. He’d been stabbed, sliced, poked, and prodded. What made this different was the feeling. His skin burned. Both sides of the cut felt as though an iron had been placed against them. The edges of the cut held the orangish-red residue of what appeared to be the rust from his blade. The burning though, that pain, was something Jake had never experienced from a simple knife wound.

Just as a crimson blade was brought down upon him the sound of a violent and distinct pop was heard. To his amazement, and yes relief, Jake saw the azure. Over him was Valae in a such a position that prevented Boss from getting any sort of clear shot on the wounded Knight. Jake saw the strength of Boss in full effect. He pushed down on Valae, forcing his weight behind the weapon. Then Boss was gone. Knocked back several meters by an unseen force push.

Boss was stunned.

“A Witch and a Wizard!?” Boss sneered. “How remarkably lucky I’ve become today.”

When Jake heard his name, he looked up towards Valae whom kept her gaze locked on the threat before them. Jake brought himself to a painful knee. With a deep breath he shoved himself up, though used Valae for momentary balance.

“Boy, can’t fight for yourself so you need a piece of tail to do it for you?” Boss sneered.

Jake pulled his injured arm close to his chest. His hand left Valae shoulder and fell to his side.

“Perhaps I’ll enjoy the tail first before I hawk her off to some dead beat pimp.”

He couldn’t fight it anymore. A war now brewed in Jake. The Darkness of his past. The Light of his future. They raged against the other as they debated on how to handle this threat. Jake clenched his fist; the ball of digits shaking angrily. His eyes looked too Valae and then towards Boss. Those one piecing blue eyes showed the physical war his inner turmoil had. They shifted like clouds, from blue to yellow, to orange and back again. There was no distinction of Jake's alignment on the force with the exception of one thing. An anchor. Valae Kitra, the Jedi Master standing before him, held an unseen chain for Jake that prevented him from falling into the dark abyss of his own madness.

Jake pressed his forehead against Valae's, the only way thus far he was able to keep his tilt on the force towards the light. His eyes shifted from the Lioness and towards Boss. Jake took his rightful place. That being beside Valae. She was neither behind him, nor before him. They were equals to Jake. Companions now bound by something far greater than anything this simpleton of an Outlaw could comprehend.

"Give me my blade." Jake growled.

"Sure thing." Boss began a rush towards the pair of Jedi.

As the Outlaw brought the Crimson blade towards Jake, Valae blocked it with her Azure. The pop was louder than before. Right after the pop, Jake let out a force push on the Boss' knee that caused the joint to buckle. Boss swung his rusty knife viciously towards Jake who barely dodged and stepped back. As Boss turned to attack Jake with the lightsaber, Valae let her own telekenetic push. It hit Boss in the exact spot he had hit Jake and though the metal of his armor was able to prevent the same pain Jake felt, the man still stumbled forward. Jake grabbed the wrist of the hand holding the same and twisted just enough to avoid being stabbed by the rusty knife.

Showing her agility, Valae was quick to remove the rusty weapon with her saber. With precision like a surgeon, she removed blade from handle without even touching the top of Boss' hand. It was here that Jake and Valae managed to show just how well they worked together. Their bond, their connection, allowed the them to know what the other was about to do by instinct. As Jake blocked a punch and ducked, Valae came in with her own hit. When Valae went low, Jake went high. As they battled, Jake noted Valae's immense abilities and admired what she could do. Brains, beauty, and brawn. She had it all. Saber on saber, Valae showed her own skills with the lightsaber; perfectly defending both while the pair waited for an opportunity.

It finally came when Valae landed a kick to Boss' right knee; the same joint that buckled. As he came down, Jake with his hand still on the wrist twisted it just enough to dislocate one bone. Boss howled as he dropped the crimson blade. Jake caught it and landed a hit with its hilt to the side of Boss' helmeted head.

The Outlaw lurched forward, resting on his hands and knees. He gasped for air. A signal that Jake wasn't the only one exhausted by this fight.

"Do it. End me." Boss taunted.

The dark passenger in Jake stirred. He wanted too. He really did. This man had hurt him. Jake's arm still bled. His arm still held close to his chest. Worst yet he threatened Valae. He threatened to do things to her. That threat of harm and defilement was what allowed the dark passenger back out. Jake's eyes shifted yellow, then orange. He was pissed. Yet he hadn't fallen completely over the edge yet. The presence of Valae kept him from toppling over.

"Coward. Maybe sugarboobs there has more balls than you." Boss snorted. Suddenly he launched himself at Jake. A knee from Daniels connected to the mans face. Blood shot out of Boss' nose and mouth as he fell onto his back.

"With everything he has done to these people, why should I let him live? For his threats against you, why shouldn't I just silence him for good?" Though Jake could hardly stand, he held the end of his saber just inches from Boss' face. His orange eyes turned towards Valae. Her presence washed over him, subduing the darkness within and letting his beautiful blues shine through.

"Help me, Mon Cheri'."

Valae may have been able to subdue the darkness but Jakes blade was still held where it had been. Should Jake punish this man or shouldn't he? Jake knew what Sith would do. What would a Jedi do though? What would Valae do? What would Valae want him to do?

[member="Valae Kitra"]​

Panting, Valae stood with her saber still at the ready. Though, she was thankful for the chance to catch her breath. Their enemy still stood, but barely. She had fought more today than she had in quite some time, but the task was made less daunting and frightening by having Jake at her side. Just as her calm aura found him, she benefited greatly from the confidence that he brought her. Despite the beating that the Boss had taken, his mouth was still running. Valae was more inclined to ignore his comments, but she knew that they were intended to mess with Jake.

She turned slightly, watching Jake stand with his arm held close to his chest. The conflict within was palpable to Valae, his dark passenger was stirring wildly. Her eyes widened as the hulking man launched forward again, but his face was met with Jake’s knee. With a bloody face, the Boss finally toppled over onto the ground. For now, he was motionless. Moving to stand near Jake, she turned her gaze to his crimson saber so close to the Boss’ face.

“I know,” She whispered, the Boss was a terrible person through and through. Valae couldn’t deny it, and perhaps he did deserve to die. But could she do it with her own hand? No, she couldn’t. And she didn’t want Jake’s hands to be stained with this blood either. Placing a gentle hand on Jake’s shoulder, she drew him a few steps back. Glancing over her shoulder, she could still see the Boss’ chest rising and falling, but he didn’t look like he’d be getting up any time soon.

“He’s a bad person, I know. He will meet his end, I promise you – but not today. Let him live with this memory, he will remember this defeat.” Valae said softly. “Others would not hesitate to end him, there’s even some Jedi I know that would do it – but I can’t.”

As she glanced to Jake’s arm, the cut looked rather serious. Her eyes turned a concerned look up at Jake.

“We have to get you back to the ship,” Valae insisted, but she knew that they still had to make sure the Boss would not follow. Drawing upon the force, she closed her eyes for a moment. Pushing her palm out towards the armored man on the ground, she used the force to stun him – a similar technique to the one she had used on his guards. Valae watched as his limbs slackened, and his head turned to the side, eyes dazed but open.

“He will live with these scars,” Valae said, though she wasn’t sure it would be enough to satisfy Jake. But at the moment, she was more concerned about getting Jake back to the ship. “Please, let’s go… your friends are waiting.” She moved close and hooked an arm around his side. “Lean on me, it shouldn’t be far.”

[member="Jake Daniels"]

No one had ever been allowed to move Jake when in such a state. A feral aspect to his persona shined through as predator eyed prey. How desperately he wanted to end this, how desperately he wanted to finish this man, and how desperately he wanted to avenge those he had hurt. Yet no one turned to someone as Valae had placed a hand and managed to move what had long been an immovable object. Jake took his steps back, his blade remaining as it was.

Jake listened to every word Valae spoke. Behind her words were the answer to his plea for help. The Lioness was calming the Lion. Jake looked to Valae, then back to Boss. The crimson of his weapon disappeared. Not because of her ability. Not because of her power. Because of her; of his Valae Kitra. Rania, Umako, or Cody would not have been able to pull the man from his prized kill. She did and she did such with words so soft, so pure, words from one heart and to another, that the darkness inside was completely washed away. Locked back into its own little box in the soul of a conflicted man.

"As you wish, Mon Cheri'."

He said nothing more. He didn't have too. Instead he found that silence best suited him now. He'd do as Valae asked of him. Leaning against her the duo made their way back to the Tumbleweed. Jakes eyes never left Boss, whom still laid motionless on the ground. Even as the hatch rose, Jake stared him down. Even as the engines roared and the ship began lift, Daniels stared a whole through the ships wall. Jake was lucky Valae had been there. Boss was lucky she was too. Ironically, as Jake stood in absolute he realized just how much sway Valae had over him. If she asked him to do anything, he'd do it without hesitation.

Good or bad. The Knight liked the feeling. In fact he loved it.

The Tumbleweed broke through the planets atmosphere followed closely by Rania's ship. The smugglers had been told to head back to Honoghr. They could recoup and recover at the home there. They needed time to themselves and the safest place was at The Manor. The Noghri knew them so there wouldn't be any issues. To catch up on old times could be had another day. Jake, Valae, and Skillet simply drifted for a few moments. The difference was Jake wasn't in the cockpit. Skillet had taken over the copilot spot. Instead Jake sat in the rear of the ship.

Before him floated his lightsaber, the very place he had constructed after his marriage. The same blade that had been used to protect the Shamalain Family. A small latch was open on its side and floating just above that was a crimson crystal. Both spun in opposite directions, though at similar speed. His eyes simply stared. Moments earlier Jake had taken a towel and wrapped his arm. The burning sensation continued, the weird feeling he'd never experienced. The bleeding wasn't stopped however. The towel soaked it up and within minutes would begin dripping on the ships floor.

"You lied to me." Jake said with an obvious smile behind his words. "Telling me you are a healer before fighter? You could rival me in some saber forms Mon Cheri'." His eyes turned up towards the woman as she came into view. His words genuine. Valae was a far more skilled fighter than she gave herself credit for. It wasn't hard to imagine her as a Soresu Master. She was a protector. She was a guardian. There was far more to his Lioness than she let on. "Thank you."

Jake turned his attention back to the saber. Slowly the crystal lowered itself into the opening on the side, "Thank you for saving my hide back there. I promise I'm a decent fighter." Jake said sheepishly. Embarrassed would be an understatement. "Had I been better at feeling my surroundings, metal head wouldn't have gotten the jump on me. That being said, if it were not for you I would be dead. That is fact. I still breath because you protected a man most everyone would let die." He paused as he drew in a breath, "I've never been pulled back from the edge before. Not like that. Not ever. Most men wouldn't like that. I do. The command you seem to have over my very soul? I welcome it."

Jake looked down at his arm, "You've helped me way too much already so I feel like crud asking. Would you mind helping with this?"

[member="Valae Kitra"]​

Valae was glad to be back aboard the Tumbleweed. She had stopped by the cockpit to give Skillet the coordinates of their next destination – Voss. No matter how much she would have simply enjoyed traveling about, it was time to get back. Unfortunately, her duties as Grandmaster never waited for very long. With a reassurance that came in the form of a few beeps and boops, Valae nodded and let Skillet go to work. As she walked into the cargo bay, Jake was right where she left him. His words made her pause, her boots stopped just past the doorway. But they soon resumed her path to him.

His compliment made her smile, and her cheeks were colored a rosy hue. Valae truly did appreciate such kind words, but sometimes she wasn’t sure exactly what to say in response. Lowering herself down next to him, she ran a hand through her hair. She focused on the crystal that slipped back into the shelter of Jake’s saber hilt. Each one had a story; her crystal had come from the caves on Ossus. As Jake spoke once more, her lashes fluttered softly. Her eyes shifted up to meet his.

“I saw you; I’ve no doubts that you’re a decent fighter. I for one was very impressed.” She reassured him, smiling. In fact, she’d seen very few displays of such skilled swordsmanship before. Valae couldn’t help but wonder if by chance her presence had distracted Jake enough to make him falter – she hoped that hadn’t been the case. But then he spoke words that made Valae’s eyes grow wider. Did she truly have some kind of power over him? A quiet smile formed on her face, and her eyes seemed to shine as they focused on him. This was a new power that she promised not to abuse.

Her eyes were drawn down to his arm. Ever so gently, she lifted the towel slightly. It looked bad.

“You don’t even need to ask,” She said, taking his good arm and wrapping it around her shoulders. Helping to heft Jake to his feet, she nodded towards the corridor to the left. “This way. For all that she lacks, the Tumbleweed actually does have a decent medbay.” Valae said with a smile.

Inside the medical bay, the lights flickered on, revealing a sterile space with a single bed. Valae sat Jake down on the bed, and then eased him back gently to recline comfortably. It was a bit chilly, so she grabbed a blanket and draped it over Jake’s legs to keep him warm. Pausing next to him, she let the palm of her hand rest against his cheek. As she concentrated and drew the force to her, she reached out to suppress his pain.

“I’m bringing you back to Voss,” She announced suddenly, slipping on a pair of gloves and gathering her supplies. “I think it’ll be good for you. You will have a chance to be around more light-sided folk, and practice a bit yourself. And that way, I can keep a close eye on you.” She said with a grin that couldn’t be hidden, even if she tried.

Sitting down, she rolled her stool over and gently stretched out Jake’s arm to clean the wound. It was nothing like she’d ever seen before. The edges of the injury were not smooth, like she would have expected – in fact, the tissue already seemed to be decaying at an unusual rate. Her brow furrowed, and she tried to keep her expression from betraying the deep worry and concern that flooded her. Perhaps that blade had been coated in some kind of acidic compound. Valae wasn’t sure if her pain suppression would be quite enough as she began to clean the wound, but it would take the edge off at least.

“I hope I get to meet your friends again.” She said, as she continued to dab the wound gently. “They seem like quite an interesting… trio.”

[member="Jake Daniels"]

Jake wasn't one to snoop around. He knew of three locations on The Tumbleweed. The entrance/exit, the cockpit, and the rear sitting area on the ship. Seeing the medbay was a whole new experience. Much like the rest of the vessel it showed its years of use. Much like Valae however, it held a very homely, very loving feel. Regardless as to what she said; Valae's ship was as beautiful as she was. Jake watched as Valae herself over.

She then worked to nullify his pain. Amazingly it worked. Jake knew no healers in his life. He'd never been treated by one in years past. Valae was his first. She had been his only.

"Me on Voss?" He didn't object to the thought. The Knight had never been there. In all of his conquests, the Sith nor his Master had ever had him set foot on the plant. "Me around other Jedi?" Now Jake wasn't sure that was a good idea. "The last time I encountered any significant amount of Jedi, we sorta tried to kill each other. It didn't turn out too well for either the Jedi or me."

Jake, when thinking of her later comment, completely reddened. It wasn't a simple flush; it was a full blown blush that caused Jake's face to almost instantly bead in sweat, "I think I'll like you keeping an eye on me."

The man winced as Valae took control of his arm. She removed the towel, then rolled his blood soaked sleeve. Even Jake was astonished at the wound. It burned. That's the only thing Jake felt. He couldn't feel the blood leaving his body, nor could he feel the torn muscle in the arm. He simply felt a burning sensation. Worst yet, it looked as though decay occurring. What the hell was on that blade? Hadn't it just been rust? His free arm snugged the blanket just a bit more.

"The medbay feels like a hospital room." Jake joked. His eyes now looked up to the ceiling. He didn't want to see his arm anymore. Even with her compliment of his fighting skills Jake still held a bit of self-loathing for allowing a baboon to jump him like Boss had.

Then Valae mentioned his friends and Jake laughed, "You will. I promise. I have a feeling at the very least Rania would want to meet you. She's like a sister to me and has shown to be somewhat over protective at times." Perhaps Jake should elaborate a bit more. "I was on Honoghr when their ship landed. The native Noghri attempted to kill them until I intervened. As a result we found a camaraderie. They helped me get off world to hunt for old family relics and in turn I let them stay on the planet without harassment from the natives."

"When I first met them I wasn't sure how their relationship worked. I learned quickly though. Umako flirted with Rania, Rania with Cody, Cody with Umako, it just went all around in every way possible. I then figured out they were married to one another. Its a monogamous polygamy from the way Umako describes it. Complicated I know but they love each other. Cody may flirt with you as he does me. Don't worry though; nothing serious. He likes to do it to mess with the others." Jake explained with another laugh. "Though," Jake looked down to Valae with a playful grin,"You just might be Rania's type."

Jake tilted his head back, eyes focused on the ceiling once more. "Can you tell me about Voss and your Order? What are the people like? What does your Order stand for?" Jake paused as he looked down to Valae once again, "Will I be causing you unnecessary drama by going there with you? I don't want to be an inconvenience or undue burdon for you Mon Cheri'."

"Lord, how was I so lucky to be with you." Jake said in a soft whisper.

[member="Valae Kitra"]​

As Valae carefully inspected the strange wound, she listened as Jake elaborated about his friends. They did seem quite a close-knit group, and from what Valae had witnessed, they did genuinely care about Jake. It was that which endeared them to her most. Her brows lofted slightly as she thought about the bond and relationship that the three shared. It was rather eccentric, but Valae wasn’t one to judge. Momentarily glancing at Jake, she caught the playful grin on his face as he made a jest about her being Rania’s type. At least, she thought he was joking. That didn’t stop a blush from forming on her cheeks.

After another few dabs with solution, the wound was fairly clean now. The blood had been wiped away, but the deep cut seemed to want to keep bleeding. Valae would have to get to work quickly. Stowing her supplies, she began to draw some deep breaths to center herself. Her chestnut orbs studied Jake’s expressions carefully, but did not seem to find any hints that he was in pain. This was good. Valae closed her eyes; hands came to rest in her lap. Though she remained still and quiet, she had heard Jake’s questions.

“We have some others at the temple that are working to conquer their darkness. There may be some that will be wary of you.” She answered quietly; eyes still closed, but then opened just one eye to peek at Jake. “So, I’ll need you to be on your best behavior there – especially if you are going to be seen at my side.”

Smiling softly, she let her focus turn to the wounded arm. Her palms hovered above the injury, and a warm flow of healing energy began to form. Though, as the process started… she could already tell that the wound was somehow resisting her effort. It was strange. But Valae drew deep, and let patience be her guide.

“Voss…” She said, her voice near a whisper. “It’s a wonderful planet – I still remember the day I arrived. There are mountains, rolling fields of green and tall trees. So very different from the desert I came from. We have a large campus near Voss-Ka, the capital city. It is a peaceful place, where Jedi come to learn, study, and meditate. I was terrified when I set foot there, but I was welcomed quite warmly. And now, it's like my second home.”

Valae’s brow creased slightly in concentration, and muscle began to slowly knit back together. But as she reached the surface of the wound, it resisted once more. It wanted to remain open. Nevertheless, she continued to pour her energy into the cut.

“The Order is… a people.” She continued, “We are defenders and protectors – a light in the darkness.”

There was much more that she could say about the Order of the Silver Jedi, they were her family. But she hoped that Jake would come to discover this for himself as he spent time within their ranks. Opening her eyes slowly, she let her fingertips gently glide along the side of Jake’s arm. Progress was being made, albeit slowly.

“How does your arm feel, Jake?” She asked, eyes turning to find his. “Does it hurt at all?”

[member="Jake Daniels"]

"What I feel is an intense heat. It doesn't hurt but feels warm now. Whatever technique your doing numbed the pain. The parts that mending just feel tight more than anything." Jake said in reply to Valae's question. He could smile as the burning feeling had finally left the majority of his body. He closed his hand and reopened it. "I can use all of my fingers. No damage to ligaments at least."

There was something more important Jake felt above everything else. He felt just much effort Valae was putting into his arm. There were moments that the wound seemed to want to close. Jake could feel the wounded flesh begin to mend. Then there were moments were the wound refused to mend anymore.

"You did a remarkable job cleaning it." Jake commented as he looked at the flesh. He was used to cuts but nothing like this. What if Boss had used that blade on Valae? Jake didn't know how to force heal and with how much trouble she was having with him; would she have had the strength to mend her own damage? He had never felt anything like this. She had never dealt with anything like this. "Back in the old Sith Empire we used boiling water or actual drinking alcohol to clean a wound. We'd then close it with scalding metal. Many Sith died from infection but we didn't have the same sort of healers Jedi do."

"The Silvers are protectors and guardians. I know your words true based just on how you have treated me, though if we're to be honest, I think you treat me just a bit different than the others." Daniels winked with a laugh, "But in all seriousness, Sith Healers often want something in return for their services. You've not asked for a thing. Your healing also doesn't hurt like a Siths would. Lord how much the Sith still have to learn in the ways of the force."

He may have been rambling but Jake saw the stark differences between the Jedi of this age and the Sith of old. Always the analytical thinker, the Knight continued to crunch the differences in his head. "To be frank, it's hard. Sitting here and not having to worry about someone trying to off me to take my place with my Master. So was my life as a Sith."

Jake let out a chuckle, "Only thing I need to worry about on this ship is Skillets digital mouth." Jake looked down as Valae continued to work. Jake could see a portion of his inner arm quite clearly now. Whatever skills Valae used finally got the bleeding to stop all together. The flesh at either end of the cut were fighting her attempts but slowly... very slowly... they were mending. He needed to keep his mind off the wound. The longer he thought on it, the angrier he got. The old adage of pain leads to anger, anger to hate, wasn't true with Jake. He been raised with cause and effect.

Boss caused this cut on his arm and attacked Valae. The effect being Boss' head removed from his shoulders. Or at least it would have been had Valae not been his lighthouse in the dark of night.

"I promise to be on my best behavior even if that means minimizing the amount of times I walk around nude in the temple. Honestly though, I'll behave myself. I'm usually a loner anyway." Jake joked with a flash of playfulness in his vibrant blue eyes. "I wouldn't want to embarrass my Mon Cheri' in any way." Jake leaned in and looked down at his arm, "Perhaps we need to give your mind the right kind of motivation to help with the healing?"

The Knight pressed his warm lips against Valae's own. His skin flushing the moment moist flesh met moist flesh. His free hand found the back of her hair, finger sliding through her locks before gripping a fist full and commanding her as he saw fit. There was no asking. There was no telling. There was only taking.

Hey... anything for a kiss from the Lioness.​
[member="Valae Kitra"]​

Valae wrinkled her nose when Jake explained the healing methods used by the old Sith Empire. The mere thought of scalding metal being used to close wounds was enough to send a rather nasty shiver up her spine. Her job was sometimes thankless, but she asked for nothing – only the chance to do good. But she was pleased to hear that her healing offered Jake a better experience.

After all, healing should not hurt.

The fact that the wound still felt hot was more than a bit concerning. Valae would keep a close watch on Jake in the coming hours, just to make sure he didn’t spike a fever – a sure sign that his body was fighting against infection. For a moment, her fingertips gently slid across hand. She traced the lines etched there, and felt the roughness of his palm. While Valae was no stranger to anxiety, she could truly not imagine having to constantly fear being killed. Even now, she knew that her position put her in danger, but she tried not to dwell.

“No walking around nude,” She said sternly, “At least… not in the temple.”

Valae caught the playful gleam in Jake’s blue eyes.

As he leaned in and pressed his lips to hers, a soft sound of surprised was muffled. His hands were in her hair, and her own hands reached out to grip his shoulders. Like the other kisses they had shared, there was no shortage of passion. Valae wanted to fall further into his embrace, but restrained herself. Managing to gently pull away, she looked down at the floor for a moment and caught her breath. No doubt, she looked up to see Jake smiling, quite pleased with himself. Grinning back, she used her hands on his shoulders to ease him back down onto the bed.

“You’re distracting me,” She said, giving his shoulders a squeeze. “Lie still, okay?”

Working to turn her thoughts back to the task at hand, she let her gaze shift away from Jake’s eyes. Looking down at the wound, she could see progress being made. It was coming along nicely, despite the obvious setbacks. Holding her hands over the open wound, she began to concentrate once more. Her brow knitted together as she fought against the injury’s strange pull against her. But surely, the light began to overcome whatever force was attempting to keep the cut from closing. The Jedi healer worked with a quiet strength, her determination renewed. At this rate, Valae was sure that her work would be complete by the time they reached Voss.

Perhaps that kiss really had helped to motivate her…​
[member="Jake Daniels"]​

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom