Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private A Mission too far

Yinch

A light in the dark.
The soft lights of the cockpit underlit the deepening wrinkles on his green face as he worked to plot his next course. It had been many years since his knighthood. He remembered leaving Master Romi's side, training his own padawan and setting out on orders to defend the unknown regions against the Vong-sith alliance. He remembered two thirds of that fondly.He always would remember those early years fondly.

He had been out in the black since, going from one distress call to another, one small villiage or ship at a time. He had done everything from fight pirates, to help repair plumbing. And he would not trade it. It was how the force had guided him. It had been a constant companion always giving a gentle nudge from one place to the next, but today for the first time in decades, he sat alone. The force was quiet, still within him as if waiting. Like the force held its breath.

"Strange, this is." He said to himself, as he dialed back his thrusters to deepen his meditations.

He closed his large green eyes and almost as if on cue the buzzing of his comms began to fill the small E-wing cockpit.

"Funny you think you are, hmm?" He said as if speaking the force before he gave a hearty laugh. He was glad no one could see him. They would think he had gone crazy.

A cycling distress signal played on a loop with a set of coordinates on a near-by planet. It looked like it wasn't on his charts as being inhabited but the world was habitable. Odd, thing that was. He set a course and left immediately. No need to delay the force was with him. What could go wrong.

Valery Noble Valery Noble

Last edited:

div-orange.png
Outfit: Factory Link | Wedding Ring
Weapons: Blasters | Lightsabers
Tag: Yinch Yinch

Valery rested her head back against the seat of her X-wing and let out a deep sigh. After years of peace, the safety of the Galaxy was being threatened once more. Mandalorians along the southern border, Sith creating undead armies, and now she was seeing visions of yet another new threat appearing. It was exhausting, and no matter how much time she spent putting out fires everywhere, the list of assignments only seemed to grow.

Now, after another long mission, she was finally heading home-

beep beep beep.

Valery groaned and turned her eyes to the comms unit. For a moment, she considered not answering, but she'd be a terrible Jedi if she did. With a flick of the switch, she opened the channel and overheard the distress call. A new set of coordinates entered her navigational computer, and once more, she groaned.

Home was going to have to wait.

Once locked in, Valery pulled on the hyperspace lever and made the jump.

Yinch

A light in the dark.

The old E-wing looked like a speck as it streaked toward the green pearl of a planet. The signal seemed to be coming from the southern hemisphere on the daytime side of the world. It was entirely possible he would have missed the signal if he had been a few hours sooner in plotting his course core-ward.

"Told me, you could have." He said to the force. As he set a course for the planet and the mysterious distress signal. There were still no broadcast that gave him an idea of what the trouble was but that only encouraged his urgency.

He opened his own communication channel as he usually did and broadcast a message back toward the temple on Coruscant. His access codes were decades old and he had yet to get a response but a short message into the void to say he was there had yet to truly hurt him.

"To the council, I speak." He began, "A distress signal, I've found. Responding, I am. Coordinates contained with transmission, they are. Jedi Yinch, it still is."

He closed the message and transmitted before he began his final decent into the atmosphere toward a large clearing north of the signal. He saw smoke from between branches of massive trees and hoped all present were safe.

div-orange.png

Valery's systems adjusted to real space in an instant when she dropped out of Hyperspace. On her sensors, she picked up the source of the distress call, but something else caught her attention as well. Her comms unit was bleeping, though not on a channel that appeared very frequently.

It was a Jedi frequency.

<Jedi Yinch? This is Jedi Master Valery Noble,> she began in response, while she locked onto the other Jedi's flight trajectory and pierced through the atmosphere in pursuit. It seemed he was heading for a clearing not too far away, so that's where she was going to land herself.

<I'll meet you at the clearing. It seems we've both picked up on the distress call.>

Yinch

A light in the dark.
The E-wing rotated in the air above the clearing as he began his landing decent. The tall trees were clearly of some form of jungle variety and the ground looked fairly firm but likely the first layer was predominantly a heavy layer of detritus. He could practically smell the wet decaying plant matter already.

Is communication suite blinked with a soft blue light and for a long moment he stared at it. That was the jedi channel. That was the channel he had waited to respond to him for so long, he had forgotten what color the little indicator light was. He practically stood in his seat as he activated it.
<...is Jedi Master Valery Noble, I'll meet you at the clearing. It seems we've both picked up on the distress call.>

"Hmm...Master Noble." He said to himself as he remembered to continue his descent. It was not a name he remembered but then the temple had been a big place and the jedi were spread far and wide. And, it didn't matter really, shee was here, a fellow jedi. He was confident the force was being cheeky yet again. It did that a lot when you knew to listen.

"Received, your transmission is Master Noble." He sent to the X-wing, a fine ship, "Land now, and investigate, we should. See you soon, I will."

He closed his comms suite and had set it to ping his comlink as the E-wing struts settled and then sank into the ground slightly. The cockpit hatch opened with a hiss and the small creature bounced out like a child on life day. Large green eyes scanned the area and then the sky with equal parts child-like curiosity and amazement before settling on the X-wing. He bounced down to the ground in his small tan flight suit with little more than his small lightsaber on his belt and waited.

div-orange.png

<I'll be right there with you.>

The signal alone was a curious thing, but now she was about to meet a Jedi she hadn't ever seen or heard of before? That was getting quite rare these days, with how involved she was within the Jedi. It made this a rather exciting assignment already, though she wasn't going to let it distract her. There were likely people out here who needed their help, so once the two Jedi had caught up, it was time to investigate.

Not long after the E-wing had settled down on the surface of the planet, Valery's X-wing began a steady descent. Its landing gear soon touched down, and the canopy opened up. Out came the Jedi Master, her head still concealed within the helmet. But after taking it off and shaking out her long brunette locks, Valery turned to face the other Jedi.

She had only seen a Jedi of his species once before.

"A pleasure to meet you, Jedi Yinch," she said with a polite smile.

Yinch

A light in the dark.
The small green Jedi looked at the seemingly human Jedi master. He sensed no illusion, nor falsehood from the woman. Despite being oversized and slightly odd looking humans were generally easy to read even without the force. This seemd to be a real encounter with a fellow Jedi, not like on Terminus at least. That turned into a mess quickly.

"Hmm, Yes. A pleasure to meet you, it is, Master Noble." He replied before reminding himself that the time to enjoy a fellow Jedi's presence should wait until after the distress signal. "Move, we should, yes? Trouble someone is in."

He laughed, though it wasn't the time for it really and began running toward the smoke as fast as his tiny legs could carry him.

div-orange.png

"Yes, we should," Valery agreed with a soft smile. Once all of this was over, she'd definitely want to learn more about him. Perhaps see if he'd be interested in returning to Coruscant with her. But until the situation with this distress call was handled, they had something more important than pleasantries to focus on.

lives could be at stake.

"I sense something up ahead. We're getting close," Valery said while she glanced down at the little Yoda running. It was making her wonder if she should offer for him to hop on her shoulder or not.

It'd certainly be quicker.

Yinch

A light in the dark.
He looked at the very tall and definitely not short Jedi master as she casually jogged beside his sprinting form. She took a step for every five of his and he was reminded that…tall beings had long legs. It was a wonder they were always in a hurry when they could get places so much faster than he could.

“Maybe, faster you could go, if a lift you gave me, Hmm?” He said with the farthest thing from embarrassment that anyone could express.

Not waiting for an answer he sprung onto her shoulders and held on tight with small clawed hands and giggled to himself from her back.

“Train my first padawan in this way, I did.” Yinch said fondly, “Thank you Master Noble. To Slow you down, I would not wish.”

div-orange.png

"Go for it," Valery said with a smirk before she watched him jump atop her shoulder. With only a step or two, she adjusted to the weight and picked up the pace. Not just with her natural speed, but she tapped into the Force to augment herself as well. If people were out there needing their help, she wasn't going to hold back anything.

They'd move through the terrain like a bolt of lightning.

"It's no problem, and you certainly won't be slowing me down. I appreciate the extra help." She smiled warmly and jumped over a large rock to avoid having to circle around it.

Hearing his giggles made it even more fun.

"Have you been out here for long?"

Yinch

A light in the dark.
"Have you been out here for long?"
He bounced along, jostled by her long strides and her agile dodging of the various forms of underbrush. He held fast with his small green hands.

"Hmm, long time for most, I think." He began, "forty or fifty standard years in wild space, have I been. Yes, much time."

He looked ahead as they cleared the large trees and the flora became smaller and thinner. The smoke was ahead and it appeared a crashed ship with it. He hopped down as they neared and reached into the wreckage with the force.

"No survivors in the wreck do I feel." He said with worry, "And what of you, Master Noble?"

div-orange.png

"That's a long time to be out there alone." Even for his species, it couldn't be easy to have little to no contact with other Jedi, right? Perhaps civilians and people out here had kept him company, but it was still different. She wondered just how much that affected him. He seemed to be holding up just fine on an emotional level.

Was he happy to see another Jedi?

Up ahead, the crash site appeared and much like the little guy, Valery extended her senses, but felt nothing. It was possible that survivors had distanced themselves from the crash, but it was important to confirm.

If they found bodies...

"I was out here on a mission," Valery said as she slowly began making her approach. "I travel a lot but not for as long as you have."

Yinch

A light in the dark.
That's a long time to be out there alone.
"Mmm, yes. A long time it has been." He began as he reached out through the force, "But never alone, are we."

He looked for tracks and settled his mind as he searched the force for a sense of where to search. The force spoke a warning to him, vague and distant, but clear. There was danger.

"Yes, a mission too far, mine may have become." He mused, "But met, we now have. Knows it's own business the force does, hehehe!"

He looked to the tall woman with her bright sharp eyes and truly concerned heart. It was good to meet a fellow Jedi. All of his friends had been on a war footing for so many years, perhaps he had just needed to do good and remember what Jedi were best suited for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom