Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Matriarchal Faction?

[member="Atheus"] Atleast you're the only person I seem to know who actually is making sense right now... and is somewhat making me calm

Everyone else is really kinda making my blood boil of anger. I really don't want to lash. I really didn't wanted to add that Edit, but I'm really getting sick and tired of some of these repeated comments.

[member="Sabik Dhami"] What you said was helpful, but by "suggesting" to me something I don't want is not helpful, and only demotivates me. I appreciate your suggestion, but please don't discourage me from trying something new.

I want a Matriarchal Imperium. I really do. I want people to be interested in this. I really do.

Please don't take any offense, but by suggesting to me that I should do a Hapen thing, would go against what my character is. My character is a ruthless powerhungry woman, NOT a lapdog of the Republic nor the Sith. I'm not angry at you, nor anyone... I'm just getting a little tired of repeated things that's all. I'm sorry for snapping at you like that but you know... I was fearing this would happen.

I'm not trying to be rude here either. I'm really not. I'm just saying my opinion...

[member="Vipsania Lucceia Niraemia"],
Even as someone who has been here since the sites infancy, i find myself repeating words and phrases. It happens. If people keep asking, simply let them think that way, and move on. There isn't a need to get confrontational. I completely understand what you mean. trust me. I do. I have tried to make factions or groups in the past that failed because I got so angry about it, and argued with people. So I stopped. If I were to make a faction now? I would think about publicity. How will people think of this? how can I TLDR this faction in as few words as possible.

And if people still think it's different. let them be. No point in arguing with a wall. *No I am not calling people walls, but sometimes it feels like it.*

So, take a break. Breathe. Don't respond to any message on this forum or about your faction unless they pertain directly about the information you provided.

Its best to keep a cool head in a situation like this.

[member="Atheus"] Yeah... I mean this is the first time I did something as big as this. I guess I just feel pressured and all. I mean...

You know, making a faction is hard work. It's like how nationfounders made their nations.

Rome was built in a day.

But

Byzantium was built in a year

HOWEVER

The Galactic Republic was built in over a thousand years.

@ Everyone

I'm really sorry for snapping...

[member="Vipsania Lucceia Niraemia"], Its okay to feel pressure. Its fine to be "scared" of failing. And sometimes, ideas sound perfect in your head, but fail on paper because it just doesn't pan out.

Learn to accept that not everything will last for ever. I am not saying give up on it, but pour your sweat and tears into it, and if it still fails, accept that you did your best, and move on.

There are a lot of successful people. If you want help, or want to lessen the pressure on yourself, then reach out to them and be willing to hold your tongue and say. "I would like/need help. Do you mind lending a Hand."

[member="Lyth Meran"]
SALT MINE?!?!?!

WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY SALT MINE?!?!?!

I DONT RECALL A SALT MINE!!!

-is super salty right now-

-mining the hell out of that salt-

I NEVER HEARD OF A SALTMINE EVER

62019479.jpg

13534243_1818476588386823_1379629350_n.jpg

Lyth Meran

Bullet with Butterfly wings.
[member="Vipsania Lucceia Niraemia"]
i still say do it and sub a species. then lets get the lesbian thing going. lol.
id love deving the armor ect for all this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91ak3axhUpM

Umm, are you still thinking about this? 'Cause it sounds amazing!

It definitely reminded me of Hapes, but something not-Hapes (because they're a bunch of racist banthas) would be great to see.

What kind of faction would it be? A force cult? A secular government? A rowdy bunch of amazonians?

[member="Daiya"] I would say it's allot like a bunch of imperialists based off the Byzantine/Roman Empire. Sorta like the Yuzhong Vong but less Mongol-like. I would think it's more or less an Empire who believes in a ideology that believes in a ideology that is based on a Book written into a new book known as the Purple book, which would be Purple Phoenix. The Empire is loosely baed around Rome and Byzantium. I mean I guess it's a mix of a rowdy bunch of Amazonians and Force Cult in a way.

And yes, secular. of course secular. Except you can't badmouth the book that basically inspired my char to wanting to found the place in the first place. I was thinking about changing my char's history stating she wrote the book herself since the book has allot of matriarchalist ideology in it.

[member="Vipsania Lucceia Niraemia"] Hey, I missed the big discussion/argument, but for the record I'm all for it. Granted, this is a Star Wars forum, but sexism is a very relevant real-world issue and the concept of feminist extremists has always been one that interested me. I totally think that with some IC development the Imperium could become a faction with a really interesting story and the potential to do a lot in the way of the whole forum's progression. Mara as a character (and me in real life) firmly believes in both feminism and doing your bit to change the world, so I've already joined her up and I just thought I'd say good luck, I will do my best to help shape and grow the faction as a member.

[member="Mara Sedaya"] Excellent! This ideas just taking off. I'm sorry for not replying yesterday.

Yeah, some people don't appear to 100% agree with this idea allot. Well, not that it's the idea, but it's just a small disagreement. Nothing more, nothing less. I'm over that now.

Now, I need to find a way how to take off with this.

[member="Vipsania Lucceia Niraemia"] well like I said, I'll be getting really involved in the faction. If you set up a thread inside the faction, we can get everyone swapping ideas.

[member="Vipsania Lucceia Niraemia"]

This looks interesting. Once you are up and running I wouldn't mind having Logen stop by and interact with the dominate females of the galaxy. I am certain it would be all kinds of laughs and entertainment for all.

If anything, just do whatever you like. Even if people don't join it. star wars is a Galaxy full of ideas, fresh and old, with trillions upon trillions of beings that make it up. If anything, maybe you're a grassroots organization of some sort. Maybe you design your own planet in the planet area. Who knows. If anything, it can be part of your characters background or something she's avidly trying to start.

I mean? Do I like wyrwolves, fairies, Sentient dinosaurs, and all that stuff? No. Absolutely not. But my opinion doesn't matter when it actually has a reference, and does exist. The context of the universe at hand is what matters. Chaos is a website that seems to embrace the creativity of an individual player. That's the context of the universe you're involved in. Its absolutely something you can (And probobly should) do, purely in keeping spirit with the in context universe and tradition of this website.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom