Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Matriarchal Faction?

Well I got a little something here like an introductory thread.. Apologies if it looks uncreative, but I am at work so well... Yeah.

Great to see you interested [member="Logen Brunner"]. It would indeed be funny when he interacts with them. He looks like some type of man who would do that. I love it.

[member="Vipsania Lucceia Niraemia"]

There was nothing wrong with the faction. Only the way it was being led. Soliciting ideas and then sticking your fingers in your ears makes me happy to leave you to build it yourself the way you want.

[member="Daiya"]
same. plus I've seen these type of clan / factions just turn into pure misandry.
I'm keeping [member="Kal Jaii"] in to dev a few things for them ect ect but i have a business that's starting to develop.

[member="Crucifere Sin"] Sorry for the late response

They don't have high positions. Like the Hapans, men cannot run for political office nor become generals of the army. Men can still join the military, but they won't make up a majority, since they are expected to be at home catering for their children. Men's role in the Imperium is to basically shut the hell up about politics and let the women do the work. Because according to my character, the issue with men is that they "start too much wars and unnecessary conflict", which of course, is hypocritical. But she does not care. Her insane mind states that there is no harm in a womans hand doing it, since apparently, according to her, women wouldn't genocide a world (Which they would).

But going on a tangent here, men's role in society is basically catering to the home and basic needs of others. They can run small businesses and such, but becoming large in society is difficult for a man due to the restrictions. Of course, discrimination bias might build and well... they'll probably get denied all out right.

Matreya

Personally I attempted to work with this, but the issue lies in the basis not the thesis.. does that make sense? It was, "I made this idea, so anyone got any ideas?... oh that's cool, yeah, I like it, but no I'm going to be the Empress, its my faction after all." Hence my leaving. I myself am notorious for the whole, my faction I lead thing. But I have attempted to work around it, and in situations where it does happen, its through RP precedent. In other words there was build to it, involving others choosing my char as the leader.

To simply create a faction, and be its leader, because... well I don't know lol.

I'm still going to watch from afar, and if it grows the way I could see me joining, Jamila or Tempist will likely join.

If I may say my piece. It's a very interesting idea but outside of roleplay a faction like this is walking sort of a dangerous line with real world issues. I get it that your leader character is insano in the braino cause she drank a little draino but star wars and the rest of the galaxy (and this RP forum) is heavily in favor of gender equality and I think that could be very alienating to not only characters but also the people who RP them. I honestly don't expect this faction to gain a lot of traction because its concept is very strange and somewhat off-putting to personal values (at least to mine).

That said: concept had me interested, details turned me off, good luck and have fun.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom