Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Long Lost Technological Terror [OPEN]

Was Jor'si truly angry? Not especially. Frustrated beyond belief, of course, but angry? No. The young Force-sensitive was far from being consumed by that particular emotion at the moment, but there was indeed truth to the Sith Apprentice's words. Deep within the young man was indeed an inferno of anger and confusion, yet with each passing day within the company of the Jedi Order, that fire slowly dwindled. For the first time in so long, he felt as though he belonged and had some purpose for his life...and he was not about to throw that away. Jor'si could tell that the Sith was reaching, attempting to get a rise out of him in order for him to attack with anger and not sense.

"That's entirely debatable...I may not be able to destroy you, but you'll fall. The Sith Empire always collapses at some point. History has shown us that much..." He mused, rising to his feet. He had to admit, the Sith's spare lightsaber fit comfortably in Jor'si's hand and he toyed with the idea of keeping it...The young man kept on his guard and watched the wounded Apprentice carefully. "So tell me Sithling, what's your name..."

Tanis Val'dorn

Servant of Shadows
"Tanis, Tanis Val'dorn." He breathed heavily. No doubt, the Jedi's attack had wounded him, and he was feeling it. Nevertheless, the pain infuriated him and made him strong. Regaining his composure, Tanis let something that resembled a sickly smirk come across his face. "You know Jedi, im not your true enemy." He had long awaited a confrontation, and this was not how he expected it to go; but he would not be defeated this day. "You have nowhere to run. You're onboard a Sith warship, surrounded by people who would love to blast you into oblivion.." Tanis spoke the truth. Regardless of the outcome of this battle, where would the Jedi run? Steal another ship and depart the hangar bay while still in hyperspace? Suicide, plain and simple.

"Your true enemy is yourself, and your decisions. Why do you think the Jedi Order tried so hard to recruit you? Because they love you? Because they see you as an ally?? No, young Padawan. They see you as a threat, they recognize the raw power within you. A power, that only the dark side can unleash. End this facade of morality. It was easy for you to plant a charge in the mouth of the Nagai, it helped you escape from an almost inescapable situation. Survival; when it comes down to it, thats all that matters." Tanis smiled. Slowly circling the young Padawan. "You speak the truth Jedi. The Sith always fall, but another truth is painfully obvious. We ALWAYS rise again!"

"A pleasure to make your acquaintance Tanis." There was a sarcastic edge to the young warrior's voice as he addressed the Sith. He heard the heaviness of his opponent's breathing: the attack had hurt him quite a bit. "Oh, you're not my true enemy? Was that not you who sent a torpedo into my ship? Was it not you and your comrades who've been a thorn in my side all day?" There was still even more truth to his opponent's words. Jor'si was indeed stuck. Even if he could get to a ship in the hangar, he'd still have nowhere to go since they were in hyperspace. His only salvation laid in either disabling the ship's hyperdrive...which was highly unlikely...or by using the coordinates he had memorized as leverage.

"Well," he began, "what can I say? You've got me pegged Tanis, I'm a creature characterized by survival. Must be since I'm from Nar Shaddaa..." he chuckled, plastering a grin upon his face. "You've got me in quite a pickle. So I'll cut you a deal that'll make everyone happy....I'll hand over the coordinates. You can use scanners or whatever to verify if they're true. Then, I walk. You exit hyperspace and you let me go. You get what you want, I get what I want. Fair enough?"

Asari Morin

A
ENOUGH!” Moridins voice boomed across the entire hangar as the Sith Master finally lost his patient. His apprentice had performed well, but Moridin had only so much time before he got incessantly bored and angry. The Dreadlord tapped into the raw power of the darkside, and then flashed forward with his trademark force speed.

In an instant he appeared before his apprentice, facing the Jedi. Moridin lifted his palm, and a massive wave of the force tore through the air. The metal plates of the deck crumpled and tore themselves into bits as the energy ran towards the Jedi. It struck the man(just GM'ing you here so we can move along) and pinned him against the wall, harshly. The Dreadlord then flashed forward again. If one slowed down his movements it would be easy to see he was actually walking, or running rather not teleporting. This was important to note.

Sith don't compromise.” Moridin said simply to the man as he reached up and touched the Jedi's forehead. In an instant his Psychometry kicked in and he began to eat at the man's mind. Memories flashed before him, knowledge, data, the mans entire life lay bare before him. The Dreadlord however ignored it all, he only wanted one thing. He skipped to more recently, and found what he was looking for. Harshly Moridin tore the thought from the mans mind, taking it and making it his own. The pain for the Jedi would be excruciating, it would feel like a thousand needles pressing into his mind all at once, for him an age would pass, but for everyone else it would only be a few seconds.

As he took the memory from the mans mind Moridin spoke to him and only him, his voice echoing deeply into the mans thoughts. Train, learn, become stronger. Then come and seek your vengeance upon me.

At the end of it Moridin turned about whirling in place. He let the man drop, knowing there would be too much pain for him to be a threat. “Throw this...mongrel in an escape pod and leave him to the emptiness. I have what we need.”

With that the Dreadlord turned about and walk away back towards his bridge and commanding officers, This super weapon would be theirs.

Tanis Val'dorn

Servant of Shadows
"Yes... Master."Tanis picked up his spare lightsaber from the ground where the Jedi had crumbled underneath his Master's might. Picking up the Jedi's body and heading to the escape pod, Tanis secretly hated his Master for interferring. Whats done was done, they had the coordinates. Thats all that mattered.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After disposing of the Jedi, Tanis made his way back to the bridge. Upon arriving, Tanis wondered to himself, "Why would Moridin allow the Jedi to live? Surely this boy was not that important." Then it hit him, like a wall of reality rushing at him. His Master planned to eventually replace him. That would be fine, for when the time came and the Jedi returned, Tanis would be stronger, faster, and wiser. This was not the end. No, this was only the beginning.

And things were going so well...

There Jor'si lay in a crumpled heap, his father's saber extinguished yet clutched tightly in his hand. He could barely move, barely think. All of him was in pain and a single, unescapable thought gripped the entirety of his mind: Train, learn, become stronger. Then come seek your vengeance upon me. The young man's eyes watered from the intensity of his anguish and he could barely focus enough to move. He couldn't bring himself to speak, he couldn't bring himself to do anything...he was entirely powerless and at the mercy of the Sith. What's worse, they had torn from him the information and now they had the means to secure something that had the potential to cost a lot of Republican lives.

'Damn it all....' Jor'si groaned to himself. As the Sith Lord turned and walked away from the young man, his eyes narrowed and bore into his back. He would indeed train. He would grow exceptionally stronger. And then one day, he'd have that Sith's head for what he had done to him. He was promptly carried into an escape pod and jettisoned into the void of space. Jor'si didn't know how much time had passed since he had been discarded, but eventually the pain lessened and he could move again. He sat up within the pod and moved to the piloting station, where he tapped into the communications. To his utter amazement, he still remembered the coordinates and could get them to the Republic! A line of communication was established and he numbly recounted the situation to the receiver on the other end of the link, finishing with the coordinates to whatever it was the Sith sought.

"Just...send anyone to pick me up...the primary target is whatever's at these coordinates..."

Hyperspace was boring, there wasn't much to see or do, so Daxton meditated as he normally did. He could feel the creatures on his flesh writhe as he channeled the dark side but they were of little consequence. He had the coordinates he needed and he would get there first.

Emerging from hyperspace at the coordinates, the Grey Ghost hung in there for a moment as Daxton engage the ships scanners. After all he wasn't foolish to stick his head in what could possibly be a trap. Life signs, energy readings, structure data this was all the information he had his ship gather, as he drummed his fingers unconsciously on the arm of the command chair.

This is out-of-character.

Guys, I know you are eager to role-play this out and that I was absent in this role-play yesterday, but understand that this is a campaign much like D&D with house rules and a game master. House rules have been broken, and the game master's role has been ignored.

The specific rule that has been offended is: NPC's and environment will be controlled by Darth Apparatus.

The purpose of the campaign is to play a story somewhat directed by a certain person, as well as to put the actions of NPC's and the environment squarely in the hands of a neutral writer. I would like to give you all the liberty to have fights among your characters, yet as soon as something outside of just the characters you own and the items you bring in originally, it falls under my jurisdiction on how they affect the story.

Anyway, let's continue this.

----
This is in-character.

When Moridin searched the Nagai's memories, due to ignoring much of what it contained, all he received was the specific coordinates and hyperlanes necessary to travel to a secluded nebula in the Unknown Regions. Specific knowledge with more details on the space station and what had happened on his journey remained lost.

Those that reached the nebula would have found themselves unable to establish any and all contact with the galaxy at large. Close to a blue star, a space station floated in the midst of some asteroids. There would be no life signs and only minimal energy readings.

The space station itself was very large. Data on the structure within was unattainable. However, there was a docking bay that still had a ship-passable shield able to maintain correct air pressure within it. The remains of several ships would be in this hangar.

Inside the space station, most species would have been able to breathe with ease. However, they would have been greeted by nothing and face only long tracks of halls leading to a multitude of science related facilities.

Daxton was surprised when his sensors only picked up minimal amounts of data which only raised his suspicions that this was a trap. Tapping the keypad, he enhanced the image of the space station. Taking several moments to study the other shell for possible weapons placements, he decided to use a cautious approach.

Landing in the hangar bay, Daxton took his helm and several extra cartridges of oxygen, deciding it was possible that an airborne agent was in the air. Taking a mobile datapad and some flash grenades, Daxton emerged from his ship.

As soon as he was clear of the ramp, the ship withdrew it and engaged cloak before taking off. U1O1, his droid companion, was going to wait among the asteroids for its master to send a signal and to warn him if any ships appeared in the area.

With a sigh, Daxton began his search for a panel which will allow him access to the ship's mainframe and hopefully, its schematics. To this end, he extended a mental probe to determine where the most amount of power was flowing in the station.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom