Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private A Little Piece of You

"Maybe," Alicio conceded, a shallow smile on his face. "And perhaps there's a bit more nobility on Alderaan, too. But it feels like both planets have the same... spirit. I guess." There was always dissidence when Alicio traveled between Alderaan and Coruscant. The people's goals were different, the ambiance varying wildly in volume and origin. But Tython, despite the storms that roamed the planet, felt a bit like home, too.

Myriam seemed entirely flabbergasted when Amani revealed that not only did they know the Sword, but knew her well. "We babysit each other's kids, on occasion," he added with a smirk, taking a step back to let his wife have the spotlight again. As much as it was her goal to coax him from his comfort zone, it was his to connect her to her past.

"So, you two are pretty important then, to be friends with the best Jedi ever." Myriam spoke with the utmost confidence. Alicio had to keep himself from chuckling. The girl seemed ecstatic that a famous Jedi Knight was from her hometown.

"Mmm... I suppose. Though, I think another Jedi has my vote for 'best ever'."

Lingering a little closer to Amani's side, Alicio tilted his head to look at her. "Anything else you'd like to do here, hometown hero?" If there was, Alicio would be more than happy to invited Oren and Myriam along. Otherwise, they'd had a long day already.

- Amani Serys Amani Serys -

Oren smiled sagely, "Well, I find much more value in that than in fanciful cities." He seemed to understand what Alicio meant, and took it to heart. In tandem with his connection to Amani, it made the Count seem much more familiar. Of course, hearing that they were so close with the Nobles that they took care of one another's kids took both Oren and Miriam by surprise. The elder simply chuckled, letting his granddaughter sate her curiosity.

"So, you two are pretty important then, to be friends with the best Jedi ever."

Amani shrugged sheepishly. Then Alicio tacked on a comment of his own, which managed to make her blush faintly, "Just people who want to help. If I could do it all without the fame, I would." She didn't care for the spotlight. But it did work to their advantage at times. People knowing who you are can open doors, and make it all the easier to incite real change. And if that's what it took, she would bear that too.

Amani leaned against Alicio in turn, rubbing her hand against the small of his back. She looked to Oren and Myriam, "I suppose we should be off. It's been a long day, as you can imagine."

Oren gracefully dipped his head, "Ohh- Don't let us stop you. Truly. Take your time, enjoy yourselves. Our little town will always be here waiting. And you'll always be welcome."

"T-thank you. It really means a lot, just seeing this place again. I'm glad I could finally meet you again," Amani dipped her head in return, then looked to Myriam, "And I'm glad I could meet you, for the first time!" She chuckled, "Goodbye, and take care. I think we'll be back soon." They waved, and Amani turned to part with Alicio.

Alicio was glad to see that it was now Amani's turn to be embarrassed by fame for a change. The amused side-eye he gave her was evidence enough he enjoyed the turned tables. It was true, that both being a senator and a Jedi Councilmember came with a bit of stardom. Sure, it could be strange and uncomfortable, but they could do so much with the cards they were dealt.

The Count certainly pitied Amani more than himself, in that regard. He'd grown up learning how to live in the public eye, thanks to his father's lessons. Being a Councillor and a Countess was a much newer experience for his wife, and Alicio was genuinely impressed every day by how she handled it all.

As the Tythonians began to say their goodbyes, Alicio stepped forward, and offered a hand to the Twi'leks. "It was an honor to meet you, Oren. Myriam. I hope to see you both when we return." The young girl just giggled, and waved shyly at the two Organas as they began to walk away. "Bye, Alicio! Bye, Master Amani!"

Alicio searched for Amani's hand, intercrossing their fingers. "What do you think?" He searched her eyes, too, a slight smile on his face. "Good day?"

- Amani Serys Amani Serys -

"Likewise, Alicio. And I'm glad we could be reacquainted once again, Amani. Take care," Oren waved to them both. Once goodbyes had been said, he turned and parted with his granddaughter.

Amani spent a few moments in her thoughts, until she felt her hand link with Alicio's. She looked up at him, and smiled, "Great day." She leaned her head against his shoulder as they walked. Amani had been given a second chance to reconnect with her parents, and to reconnect with the people of her home. Finding a new home at Mirial had been a blessing, but in her youth Amani had no real ties to the world beyond what stories she had been told. This, on the other hand, was like filling in a missing piece of a puzzle. With both, she now felt a knew sense of wholeness.

"Let's go home. I miss the kids."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom