Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private A Little Piece of You

Alicio continued to stand firm as Amani fell into him, a hand massaging the small of her back, the other clutching the back of her head. Pressing his cheek to hers as they hugged, he stayed silent, breathing a steady tempo, and simply being there for her. A sympathetic tear fought it's way down his cheek, mixing with hers.

"I-I just miss them so much sometimes— So many things I— I wanted to share with them—"

"I know," was all he said. Was all that needed to be said.

After a few long moments, Amani's tears began to fall slower, her sobs turning to deep, calmer breaths. Alicio didn't move to break their connection until she did, though he didn't stray far from her, as they walked back outside, to the untended Serys fields. To a pair of simple graves. Galar and Niah. Husband and wife. Father and mother.

As Amani collected a flower for each patch of earth, Alicio kneeled, both of his knees kissing the earth. "It's good to meet both of you," he said, quietly. "We did some work on the garden, hope you don't mind." Alicio smiled tentatively.

"You would be so proud of all that your daughter has done. I wish you could see her now." He paused again. "...I hope you've found peace. Wherever you are."

- Amani Serys Amani Serys -

Amani shifted to Alicio's side, her somberness balanced by a soft smile of her own as he spoke. She could almost picture a scene of the exchange, their replies. Her eyes wetted again, when Alicio commended her, and they pride they would have felt for her. But the tears didn't break beyond the lid this time, even as he offered a final wish of peace. She leaned on him for a moment, and sighed, "Thank you." Then she looked back to the graves, "And thank you, mom and dad. I love you."

Another beat passed, the only sound that of rustling grass. Amani then stood up, already looking a little more at peace than she had before, "I was thinking, maybe we could give this place a little… renovation? Just a project," Rather than letting the home continue to decay, they could make it anew, "And maybe somewhere down the line it can even be a little retreat. For our family." She shrugged sheepishly, as if to ask what he thought.

Alicio cultivated a shadowed smile as Amani spoke to him, but let her speak, then let the wind hiss it's reply through the tall grasses. He didn't know what he believed about death- whether there was a place they would all go in the end, or if everything became one in the Force...

But he'd like to believe Galar and Niah were watching. Somewhere.

Alicio rose beside Amani, nodding his agreement. "That's an excellent idea. I'm worried about our work schedules, and I've never fixed up a house before, so those are a few roadblocks..." He chanced a brave grin. "But I'd be happy to try with you."

"You know, it's actually rather nice, here,"
the Count observed, glancing up at the sky. "And the moon looks a little more together, now that I see it from below."

"Maybe we should've brought the little Lord and Lady, after all."

Last edited:
Amani chuckled once, “Another thing to juggle,” Their lives were plenty busy as is. But at least with this, they could go at their own pace. There was no rush, and the pieces could fall into place as was convenient.

Neither of the pair were what one would consider experienced renovators, either. But a new hobby couldn’t hurt.

“Hmm,” Amani hummed, following Alicio’s look up at the sky, “You’re… not wrong. I guess after everything that happened, I… expected worse.” The planet was by no means free of destruction. But here, at least, things remained relatively peaceful in the long term. It was a hopeful sight, that perhaps one day the whole world could heal.

“We can bring them another time,” She affirmed. This was no longer just a one-off trip. August and Lia could meet their grandparents one day, after all, “Still want to check in on the town? Or is the Count all tuckered out for the day?” Amani asked, feeling a little more optimistic about the settlement’s continued existence now.

Alicio didn't mind adding another spinning plate to his life. Not when it meant so much to Amani.

Nor did he mind the view. Tython wasn't healed. But it was healing. Some scars of the past could fade, given time.

“Still want to check in on the town? Or is the Count all tuckered out for the day?”

Alicio raised a playful eyebrow. "The Count would be happy to check in on the town. Let's take the ship." He gave Amani a brief side-hug, resting his head on her shoulder for a moment, before continuing on, headed for their transport.

"Did your family have friends there?" Maybe there would be people from Amani's past.

Amani hugged Alicio back, silently thanking him and the universe once more for his presence. Then, they were off to the ship.

Leaving the farmstead behind didn't feel so bad, knowing they would return. It soon disappeared behind the hills, and after a quite short journey, they arrived over the town. A small, but longstanding community the cradled the edge of the shimmering blue lake. They landed on the outskirts of the town, earning the attention of a number of locals who spotted the vessel.

Amani stepped off the ramp, and breathed in the air, which here was crisp with the lake breeze, "Here we are." She waited for Alicio before heading to the premises, passing by a few of the townsfolk on the way.

As they passed, a man idly commented, "Don't get many visitors here," He spoke with a neighborly disposition, and tipped his hat at the couple, "Welcome."

He seemed just as soon about to leave, when Amani stopped him, "Ah— Thank you, sir. I don't mean to intrude, but, my family used to live not far from here. You didn't happen to be around when the Serys' were, did you?"

The man turned back to her, tapped his chin, then shook his head, "Don't believe so, sorry. I moved here about a decade ago. Needed to get away from the urban lifestyle and connecting with something a little more grounded, you know?" He chuckled with a knowing sense. Most who moved to Tython did so for reasons spiritual and/or experiental. He figured her family was not so different, "If you're looking for an old timer, I'd check the center of town. A man named Oren's usually around those parts. If anyone's got any idea about your folks, its him."

Amani looked down the cobbled street and nodded, "Thank you again. I appreciate it!"

The man tipped his hat once more, "You're very welcome. Take care," And at last, took his leave.

Amani turned back to Alicio, and began walking, "Populated after all," She grinned, "And no worse off it seems. It's all coming back to me now," The town itself was quite familiar. If anything, it seems to have expanded somewhat since she was last here. They passed by streets of quaint shops, and quiet but pleasant locals, who almost all offered at least a nod in greeting. It reminded her in many ways of the Mirialan village of her family, just a little bigger and a little less… old fashioned. By galactic standards, anyway, "I think I could get used to a place like this," Amani slowed down for a moment, distracted by a sudden sweet-smelling sensation that wafted over from a nearby bakery.

Finding solid ground again, Alicio smiled sweetly at the lake as refreshing air hit his face. The valley had been still and silent, but here, there was indeed life. Not only life, there was a community. "Here we are," he echoed, finding his rightful place at Amani's side, before touring the townstead.

A passing citizen offered his welcome, which Alicio responded to with a casual "Glad to be here." After Amani flagged him down for more information, and the man pointed them to the center of town, Alicio nodded his thanks, and they continued on their merry way.

"It's... calm," he added, breathing in the atmosphere. "Reminds me of Mirial. But a little less chilly." The Count smirked. He was a fan of the cold, but not everyone appreciated a little frosty weather like he did.

Noticing his wife nearly float off the ground after smelling something, Alicio rolled his eyes, grabbed Amani's hand, and led her over to a small display, revealing delectable looking loaves and pastries. A large woman across from them, wearing an apron, chuckled at the two newcomers, sweeping her hand over the glass. "Hello, strangers. Everything on the bottom shelf's on sale."

"Thank you. Don't know how I'm going to pick, it all looks amazing."

"Thanks. Everything's sourced right here on Tython, in the surrounding valleys." Alicio nodded, staring at two loaves of braided bread, wondering which looked more tasty.

All the while, a blue-hued Twi'lek girl, no more than ten or eleven years old, stared with wide eyes at the pair, enamored by the newcomers.

Last edited:
Amani had looked at Alicio with innocent eyes, but he was not fooled. They had to at least see what was for sale, right? The proprietor drew their attention to the row of baked goods along the bottom shelf. Breads, pies, and pastries that all looked too good to be true. But the smell did not lie. As tempting as it was to indulge, Amani spoke mindfully, "How about we keep it light for now," She chewed her lip, conflated by choice, before forcing herself to make a decision, "Could I get a few of those tartlets there?"

The baker obliged, retrieving a plate of three breaded shells, topped with berries and cheese spread. Amani would keep two to herself, and offer the third to Alicio, should he desire a taste, "If this is even half as good as it looks, I'm in for a treat," Amani complimented the woman, then turned back to her husband, "Anything catch your eye, honey?"

At that moment, the appearance of a young girl caught her eye. Amani offered her a pleasant smile and wave, "Hey there," She chuckled at the girl's enraptured stare, "Don't see a lot of visitors here, do ya?"

"Light... Yes, you're right... Maybe just... one slice. Or a loaf..." Alicio couldn't decide between the breads. They looked so aesthetically pleasing, they had to be heaven for the taste-buds as well, right?

"Anything catch your eye, honey?"

"All of it." With his face practically slammed into the glass display case, Alicio nodded, finally pointing out a threaded design on a loaf. "Two slices of this, please." One for him, and one to barter with Amani, should he want to try a tartlet.

There was a moment of pause, before the baker, turned to look at the young girl. "Well, Myriam? Get the nice young man his bread." As if broken from her trance, she traveled beneath the display, and plated up his prize.

Amani's question to the young girl earned a knowing smile from the older woman, and a bashful nod from the younger. "Never," she added, a hand absently playing with one of her short lekku.

Alicio slid a few credits on the table, paying for the couple's indulgences.

"Are you two... explorers?" Myriam spoke hesitantly, but with barely-contained, childlike excitement.

The gawking child was an assistant of sorts, it seemed, as she was summoned from her trance by the baker to retrieve the ordered goods. Amani took her tartlets, gave the sweet aroma a deep whiff, then nodded in approval.

"Are you two... explorers?"

The mirialan smiled amusedly, "Well… Not exactly. But we do a lot of traveling," She shrugged her shoulders, then leaned down closer to the girl. The hilt of her lightsaber dangled on her hip, emerging from behind the folds of her clothes, "I use to live around here, actually. My family owned a farm a ways out from town." She glanced at the baker, who seemed to take an interest herself, "Do you know where we could find Oren?"

The girl lit up once more, "...Grandpa?"

Amani glanced at Alicio, "How about that?"

Myriam accepted the answer with an enthusiastic nod. It seemed like she hadn't ever left the village. Anyone who'd been elsewhere must feel like an explorer to her. Alicio smirked at the girl's obvious excitement, before scooping up his bread, and cheating a nibble. He hummed appreciatively, content to let the Tythonians converse.

The Twi'lek's eyes naturally gravitated towards the lightsaber, before returning her attention to the moment again as a name she recognized left Amani's lips. Alicio nodded knowingly. "What are the odds?," he returned, an easy smile on his face, before turning to the duo behind the counter. "Could we perhaps borrow your... employee for a few minutes? To show us the way?"

The baxter nodded, patting Myriam's head. "Well, no matter what, I won't be able to hold her attention for the rest of the day. So sure. If she wants to, of course."

The girl nodded slowly, before practically stumbling around the counter in her haste to escape. "Yes! I mean, yeah. I can."

After thanking the baker, the three of them were on their way again, Alicio immediately offering to trade Amani a slice of bread for one of her tarts. Myriam skipped a few paces ahead of them, looking back in child-like awe a few times before talking again.

"So, you're not explorers. Are you twooooo... Jedi?" She beamed at them. "I saw your lightsaber!"

“Small town,” Amani mused. The baker obliged that Myriam lend the couple a hand, to which she nodded, “Thank you both.” They turn and left shortly after, at which point Amani took her first bite of a tartlet, “Mmm. That is good. Very sweet. But not too sweet,” She nodded along to her own critique, before offering one to Alicio in exchange for a bit of bread, “Also good!” She declared.

"So, you're not explorers. Are you twooooo... Jedi?" She beamed at them. "I saw your lightsaber!"

“So you noticed, huh,” Amani grinned slyly, as if she’d been caught. She then glanced around them conspiratorially before answering, “Well, you’re half right. I am a Jedi. This one here though…” She trailed off, letting Alicio fill in as he saw fit.

Trading pastries with Amani, Alicio smiled at the taste of the tartlet. "Maybe a little too sweet for me. But... in a good way." He wasn't the biggest fan of incredibly sugary flavors, but he could appreciate it all the same. His bread, on the other hand... "Mmm... Good! I should've asked for the recipe..." He took another bite, trailing off into thought.

He always looked mildly sad when he was pondering something, which was a little funny, considering he was thinking about braided bread pastries.

“So you noticed, huh. Well, you’re half right. I am a Jedi. This one here though…”

Alicio looked up, a playful glint in his eye. "Is not. I'm just her husband." He never enjoyed springing the fact that he was a powerful politician on people. When he could, he'd rather just be Alicio.

Myriam didn't seem to mind, staring at Amani in undisguised joy. "Cool. I've never met a Jedi before! Mom talks..." There was an obvious hit to the Twi'lek's happiness. "Mom used to talk about Jedi all the time. It's... awesome to meet one in person." And like that, she was humming and walking along again, as if she hadn't a care in the world.

Eventually, the trio reached the town square, where Myriam dashed forward, running towards a man. "Grandpa!," she shouted, stopping just shy of him. "There's some people here to see you! One's a Jedi!"

"It is a lot," Amani concurred, "I might need to save the last one. They're delicious, but more than a few and I think I'll feel sick," She giggled, then did so again with a snort when she saw Alicio fall into contemplation. His expression was ever a little brooding, but she wagered a (correct) guess as to what he was really thinking about, "Maybe we should open a bakery when we retire," She gently slapped the back of his shoulder. The Count was fond of his baked goods, "If we retire."

He didn't even bother to dwell on what he actually did, and Amani respected that. Despite all the good his position did, Alicio always seemed content to be just another person, when the situation allowed it. Both of them were destined for a spotlight that they preferred not to bask in. Miriam was all too happy to talk Jedi regardless. Though a sudden beat in her chatter didn't go unnoticed. "I loved hearing stories about Jedi from my mom and dad, too," Amani said, forging a connection, but not lingering on whatever gave the girl pause herself, "Never thought I'd actually be one."

They soon came to the town's center, finding a man who was obviously Twi'lek, with his back facing them. He was talking with another town member, the two of them parting ways just as the Organas approached, "Hello there, my dear," He spun around at the sound of his granddaughter's voice, picking her up in his arms to give her a kiss on the cheek. He appeared (relatively) youthful for his age, though his mouth was curtained by years of well-used laugh lines. His skin was a pale blue, almost white in the sunlight, and one of his leaky was draped around his collar like a scarf.

"A Jedi, eh?" He looked to the newcomers studiously, "I don't think I've seen a Jedi here since…" There was an almost irritating sense of familiarity in him. The woman was resurfacing a long lost memory that he couldn't quite retrieve on his own. Frankly, Amani was experiencing the same thing.

"Since… what, seventeen, eighteen years ago?" She estimated, smiling, "During the plague."

"Y-yes…" Surprise, and deeper recognition flashed, "You…?"

"I was there. Taken in by the Jedi who had helped heal the town. You remember Galar and Niah Serys?"

"…Amani," Oren lit up, "Amani Serys! You… God, you've grown up! It's really… it's really been that long…" He then frowned, and held out a palm, "I'm so sorry about… your parents. I wish there was more-"

Amani raised a hand, "We did all any of us could at the time. Thank you, Oren. It means a lot," In this moment especially, she was feeling more complete. Not dwelling on the loss, but celebrating what they had given her, and what she since gained.

Oren nodded, and smiled, "You really have grown. So you're a Jedi now? An actual Jedi?" Amani nodded, "Amazing. And who is this young man next to you?" He peered at Alicio with a wise smirk, having some sense of why the two of them were here together, but saying nothing.

Shaken from his brooding about dough ingredients from a slap to the back, Alicio smiled, a little embarrassed, at Amani. He'd gotten a bit lost in his own head again. "That would be great," he returned, letting himself get lost in the fantasy instead. "We could offer refreshments to our clinic patients."

Reaching the town square, Myriam darted up to an older Twi'lek, who turned around, revealing himself to be Oren. Alicio kept a watchful eye on both him and Amani, seeing the veil of memory just barely separating the two of them. He quirked up a smile when the veil was dropped, and both Tythonians reached across it. It was a chance for Amani to reconnect to her past, a step beyond visiting the farmstead.

"Amazing. And who is this young man next to you?"

Alicio hadn't been entirely prepared to have Oren notice him at all. But he stepped forward regardless, to stand shoulder-to-shoulder with Amani. "I'm Alicio. Her husband... father of two..." His eyes drifted towards Amani's with a loving smile, before returning to Oren's.

"How did you know Niah and Galar? And Amani?" He was curious to see someone else's perspective of his wife's parents, and he was sure she was as well.

Oren's grin widened, "You've grown even more than I could have imagined, then. The kids are… off elsewhere?" He asked curiously.

"The Jedi temple makes for a good babysitting joint," Amani chuckled, then, her smile wavered momentarily, "We ah… didn't want to risk bringing them, when we didn't know what the surface might be like."

Oren offered a slow, knowing nod, "I can't blame you. During the battle, it seemed like the whole planet might just explode at any moment. Some folks tried to escape. Other couldn't, or just consigned to their fate." He allowed himself to smile again, beaten but not broken, "It took some time to get things back in order. Storms, earthquakes, floods. Went on months after the battle had ended. Heck, we still get a few lighter ones more regularly than we used to. Tython is a fickle world to begin with. That battle did little to pacify it." The Twi'lek stood up a little straighter, hoisting his granddaughter as proof of their victory, "But… here the planet remains. And us with it. Tythonians are stalwart, if nothing else. Enough about old doom and gloom. What brings you back after all this time?"

"Well, we wanted to check in on the planet ourselves. And… pay a visit to my parents."

Oren smiled again, "I'm sure they were glad to have the company."

"How did you know Niah and Galar? And Amani?"

He turned to Alicio, and ran a hand down one of his lekku in ponderance, "The Seryses were farmers. They brought in produce every harvest season to sell to us townsfolk. Little Amani here was the perfect helper. Delivering bushels of crop through the crowds, taking requests, and being an all-around good advertiser for the product," He chuckled, remembering the thought, "Smart as a whip, this one."

"Meanwhile I was a fisherman. Working on the lake day in and out. I didn't have much in the way of fresh produce in town. And they didn't have much in the way of fish out on the prairie. So we were eager trade partners,"
Oren looked to Amani, one could practically see memories replaying through his vision. Imagining her as the child she used to be. Amani's gears were still turning, putting together pieces of her youth, "In fact I took your family out on the lake a few times. Sometimes after the harvest sale, sometimes you took a few odd visits down this way just for the sake of it. Taught you how to throw a line all myself."

"That's right," Amani's eyes lit up, "I didn't want to hurt the fish, so I always let them go."

"I admired that about you. That… universal compassion. Even if it was technically counterproductive to my job," He laughed, before turning to the Count, "So, Alicio, was it? What's your story? You a Jedi as well? Oh— and you two have to tell me about the kids. Kids! Plural!" He laughed again at the thought of Amani being a mother of two.

"We ah… didn't want to risk bringing them, when we didn't know what the surface might be like."

Alicio nodded, giving Oren a tired smile. "It's our first time together without them. It feels... odd." He glanced down at Amani, as if looking for confirmation.

Alicio hadn't been on the planet while the battle was in full swing. He'd only arrived after the worst of it had nearly torn apart the planet. But he'd heard plenty of accounts in the refugee camp. News of the continued fallout made Alicio's face fall. It wasn't bad enough that they went through a war; their planet had to keep reminding them of it, too.

But they endured, as evident as the peal of giggles coming from Myriam as her grandfather lifted her. That was the most important victory of all.

As Oren explained a bit of the Serys' history around the town, Alicio found his eyes drawn to his wife once more. He imagined her again, much younger, hand-in-hand-in-hand with her parents. Helping her family sell their harvest. Saving caught fish... That one made him snicker.

As always, Alicio was a little unprepared for when the conversation was turned on him. He should have expected it at this point. The Count smiled nervously, hiding his hands behind his back. He'd never been very good at telling their story. "Well... I met Amani on Tython, actually. We were working in the same refugee camp. I was managing, and she was working in the med tents. Um... we hit it off pretty quickly." They'd both been bumbling, awkward messes back then. And now... look at them. Slightly less bumbling, slightly less awkward. "I invited her to a festival on my homeworld... Alderaan... and we started dating. One thing led to another... and we're living on Coruscant, with twins. August and Liana. They're only few months old." Alicio smiled mischievously, as he regarded the two Twi'leks.

"She's a member of the Jedi Council now, you know." He felt strange showcasing his own accomplishments, but he would brag on Amani's behalf every day of the week.

Amani nodded, "Feels like every time I turn around there's a baby I need to care of. Then I remember the babies aren't here," A soft chuckle. The lack of micromanagement stress was nice, but in exchange it just made her stress about whatever they were doing right now. They were safe and well taken care of in the temple, but a mother couldn't help her instincts. She still missed her kids, at the end of the day.

"I've seen many things in my life. Tython especially has given me many colorful decades. But none have been as… awe-inspiring as the journey of parenthood. The only thing that compares? Well… grandparenthood," He nuzzled Miriam again, and she giggled, "I'm sure you two will experience many of the same wonders." Amani nodded once more. She already felt quite similar; Holding the twins in her arms after their birth was the most transcendent experience she ever had. Her entire upbringing as a Jedi couldn't equal it.

It was Alicio's turn to regale the story of how the met this time. By this point, they ought to have the whole thing rehearsed, but they still got tripped up by the question every now and then. Oren hmm'd and hummed throughout the tale, before lighting up, "Ah, they're twins," A chuckle, "Quite the dive into the deep end for parenthood, eh?"

"I've heard lovely things about Alderaan. Would you say the same?"
He asked curiously, wanting to hear the opinion of a native. Of course Alicio was also happy to chat up the achievements of his wife, which made her grin and briefly hide her face. Oren's eyes lit up again, "The Jedi Council? Oh Amani, your parents would be so proud." The twi'lek said earnestly.

Amani's smile softened, but remained genuine, "Thank you. I think so too…" She looked up at Alicio, reflecting once more on the trip they had just taken to the farm. Then, to keep the conversation up, she slapped his shoulder, "My husband here sells himself short. He does a great deal of humanitarian work. More productive than just sitting in a dusty council chamber," Now obviously seeking her own work short, but she wasn't going to let him go without praise either. Amani still avoided saying anything directly about who he was, given how he had answered Myriam before.

Oren's assurance that parenthood was just as much a journey as any he'd been on had Alicio smiling. He nodded, looping an arm around Amani's waist for a moment. "I can't wait," he added, squeezing her side.

Twins was certainly a lot to handle, often leaving both parents with something to do, someone to hold. But it also held twice the joy, twice the firsts.

"Alderaan is... a lot like Tython, actually," the nobleman observed, arms hidden behind his back. "A touch colder in some parts, but... Lots of natural beauty. People that care for each other." He smiled. Of course, every place had it's downsides, but he couldn't deny his fondness for both planets.

"My husband here sells himself short. He does a great deal of humanitarian work. More productive than just sitting in a dusty council chamber."

Alicio shook his head, shooting Amani a sharp smile. Of course... "Not as much as I would like. I'm a... government official." The title seemed less imposing than 'senator'. "Too much of my time is spent talking to people with... different priorities. And you are plenty productive, Amani."

"So, does that mean you've met Valery Noble?" Myriam cocked her head at Amani, her lekku falling over her shoulder. Of course, the child was more interested in the Jedi Knight than a career politician. Alicio fought a grin. "She's like, the coolest Jedi."

"The cities certainly seem much fancier over there," Oren joked, "But I do take some pleasure in hearing of our similarities."

Amani's compliments had gotten Alicio to reveal a bit more about himself, keeping his title as a vague and simple as possible. Oren nodded, "Well, a 'government official' with heart is certainly a welcome sight. You have my gratitude, Alicio." As a Tythonian, Oren had seen the work of those who actually chose to step in, and help. Many politicians were content to wring their hands without actually getting them dirty. But there were a few who took their position for the sake of actually serving their people. Amani simply waved her hand dismissively. She did plenty of work she was proud of, but this was more about getting him out of his shell.

"So, does that mean you've met Valery Noble? She's like, the coolest Jedi."

Of course word of the Sword of the Jedi was present even here. The Organas were able to remain unnoticed, but Valery's figurehead status for the wider alliance propelled her into something of an icon. Amani chuckled, "Yes, I have. We both have. She's a good friend."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom