Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Lightside/Jedi version of Sith/Darkside Alchemy.

The recent changes to the factory rule regarding Forcesabers has lead to my questioning the possibility of a Light-sided version of Force Alchemy (Not to be mistaken with Heresy, as some of you may well be thinking!). Both Orders or Practitioners who favor one particular side over the other, are capable of imbuing weapons and items in the Force, and while Alchemy is somewhat more complicated than that, I'm wondering if there isn't some means of Jedi/Light-Siders being able to achieve similar feats without abusing their control over the Force or leading them to cross the lines of morality that often separate the two groups.

I'll be the first to admit that I'm by no means an expert on Sith Alchemy, I've never played a Sith Character before and I struggle to captivate a dark-sided character in general, so I've never needed to consider that direction of role-play. It was pointed out to me that there are ways of getting around and creating ForceSabers that require the lightside as opposed to the darkside, but given the Sith and Dark Jedi have some really cool methods of doing things, I wanted to open up the discussion to other Force Users/Writers who likely know better than I do.

Could there be a variation of Force Alchemy that can be used by the Jedi or Light-sided Characters?

[member="Valiens Nantaris"] | [member="Jay Scott Clark"]

Alkahest, thanks guys, I'll remember that one!

I wondered if it was a stupid question, but I'm glad I asked lol.

If you also want something that isn't just chaos canon, but from actual published material, the Je'daii at Anil Kesh practiced alchemy. While every single link about it on Wookieepedia links to the Sith Alchemy page, the comics and material that presented Je'daii alchemy didn't link it specifically to the Dark Side like that, so I imagine it's just a matter of editors linking to the thing most like whatever it is.

They would make things like their Force-imbued blades with it, but also things like Rancor-dragons. There's not a lot of known stuff about their study, but given the origins of Sith alchemy as lying with the Sith species specifically before being integrated with what the Dark Jedi of the Hundred-Year Darkness had discovered on their own, I figure it might be reasonable to assume that Je'daii alchemy is a bit different, at least more in the neutral middle, if not in the light side. Either way, at least it's precedent for non-Sith alchemy.

[member="Veiere Arenais"]

Théo studied under Phylis and has done his own studies since. But I am keeping him at Knight level on it, cause he only works with materials like wood, metal, (which he continues to work over time), not Jedispawn etc., simply because he is not strong enough in it. Nor do I think he would find a reason for it.

#ImissNibbles!

My alt [member="Caedyn Arenais"] was with the Je'daii Order under [member="Asha Hex"]'s training. I hadn't considered the possibilities there, as this wasn't something I'd put a lot of thought into. Now with [member="Tsisaar Taral"] having mentioned the Je'daii however, it's probably Caedyn more so than Veiere that could make the most out of this practice. I think I'm going to need to explore it more with him.

Kylie Talor

K

Besides Alkahest there is also the Jal'Shey traditions. Give them a good read through on wookiepedia. They were essentially a sect of Jedi that crafted things using the Light side of the force, so you anti-Alchemy types.

[member="Tsisaar Taral"]

We haven't had a lot of threads together have we. I'd be happy to thread with Caedyn and Cotan :)

[member="Kylie Talor"]

Yeah they were mentioned to me as well, I'll do that! Thanks ^^

I tried this once upon a time. I created a Mando-specific variant of Sith Rune Carving that used Ancient Taung language, and then paired it with Force Imbuement, clever material composition, and good 'ol fashioned Mandalorian Blacksmithing skills. I also made good use of capitalizing on natural disasters and invasions to acquire rare materials saturated in the "force energy" generated by these events.

Here's an old marketplace threat that details some of what I created before moving on.

[member="Mishka Larraq"]

See, it's these types of submissions and "out of the box" thinking that makes Chaos so awesome, from my point of view.

I'm quite envious of the people that excel in this regard. I'll be trying my hand in similar techniques in the near future, using this as an avenue for [member=Caedyn Arenais] to explore.

heresy-detected.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom