Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Arena A Jedi's Defense (NJO/Jedi)

Objective: Practice his fighting
Tag: Zoar Zoar / Gabriel Pryce Gabriel Pryce / Corin Trenor Corin Trenor

Being in a floating temple was strange to him at first, considering there was nothing like it in the known galaxy. Although, after a short time he had grown to love the place. It was always a treat to be sent there, especially for training, and today was no different. Within one of the training chambers padawan gathered and awaited instruction from a new master named Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor or otherwise known as the big guy. He seemed quite confident in himself, especially when he was destroying the robots as he walked into the room.

Silas came up behind a metallic padawan and another boy named Gabrial, who were also both quite new to the order. He waited till the master had finished showing off before letting himself know to them "I presume that is our teacher for the day is it?" he said with a warm smile and sigh, slowly stepping in between the pair and looking over to the big guy with a tilt of his head "I'd hate to be on his bad side" Silas said nonchalantly, deciding it was a matter of time he introduced himself.

"The name is Silas Westgard, I believe we haven't met before," he said in thought from the big guy telling them to get in groups with people he didn't know. With a wipe of his tired eyes, he nodded to himself in confirmation "Well, there's three of us currently..." he said just as Corin spoke up. Nodding again respectfully to the boy, he motioned him over.

"Corin! how would you like to be the final member of our group? after all, none of us barely know you at all."

Iris wanted to know what had happened after she passed out on Tython. Jasper was quicker to respond than Kai. <What he said,> Kai added with a wave of his hand.

"How did you all get away from that Sith? I wasn't there for that part?"

<Well, I sort of ate Carnifex.> Kai shrugged, and managed to keep a straight face for a few seconds before breaking out into a grin. <Just kidding. I taught that old man a lesson, though. That's all you need to know.>

Doubtless he was exaggerating, but Kai seemed reluctant to broach the subject at all.

Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor announced that they were to form groups of four, but none of them could be people they knew. <Guess that means we have to split up,> Kai said to Iris and Jasper. Iris was Kai's best friend, and he knew Jasper better than most of the other people in here.

Reluctantly, Kai left his comfort zone and wandered over toward Nida Perl Nida Perl instead. He chose her mainly because he had never seen her before at any other Padawan gathering, and she seemed like she was unlikely to talk his ear off. [Do you know sign language?] he signed as soon as he got her attention. No telepathy this time. He didn't want to deal with anyone yelling "get out of my head" at him right now.

Living In Color
Codex Judge

Iris_Sig.png
He did wha- Oh. For a moment Iris fully believed what Kai was saying. Then let out a sigh of relief as, well, turned out he wasn't serious about eating a Sith Lord. Sounded like it'd give him some terrible digestion. "Yeah. Try and make some friends, okay? There's a lot of good people here." Some that wouldn't hate Kai just because of what he was. She waved a small goodbye to Kai as he wandered off.

Yeah, they weren't going to be paired off this time.

Then shifted her gaze to Jasper. .. Did it count if they fought a Sith Lord together and were literally in each others heads? She hummed.

"You should try to go find some people. I'll uh, well. Wait and see. I know pretty much everyone here, so.. Yeah. Go make some new friends, they're all really good folks." Her gaze shifted to Corin.

"Even if they're an ass."

Arlo Renard Arlo Renard | Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor | Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el | Corin Trenor Corin Trenor

Up to this point, the people that had interacted with Zoar had been a specific brand of well-trained, but small Jedi Padawans. And even them, he found just a bit scary. Of course, he could work through it, to get over his natural fear response only took a few seconds of meditative thought, but each social interaction was a struggle.

When Domina Prime Domina Prime approached him with a fanatic, over-zealous curiosity, raising herself up taller than his mech, and poking the suit all over, Zoar nearly passed out from the shock. Golem's droid brain had to take control for a moment, standing up tall and robotically still, as the little Miln recovered within his turadium-durasteel alloy shell.

//I-I-I...// The mech struggled to talk, before stomaching his fear. The one thing he could discuss without issue was mechanics. He focused on that. //I made all the parts from scratch. It took a long time, but... I'm pretty proud of this. We can... uh... talk after. If you want.// The imposing mech took a half-step behind Gabriel Pryce Gabriel Pryce , before returning his attention to the other padawans.

Gabe's greeting earned a slow nod from the power armor.
//Nice to meet you too, Gabe.// Then, in response to both him and Corin Trenor Corin Trenor , Zoar folded his hands together timidly. //I just hope it's up to whatever Master Vanagor has in store for us today.//

Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor 's new written instructions would have been concerning to Zoar, if a group of four hadn't miraculously formed around him. Silas Westgard Silas Westgard , Gabriel, Corin, and him. If they all accepted, that was.

//I'm alright with that,// he offered. Zoar was certainly the odd man out of their four-man-band. So, he just had to show them what a bit of imagination and a little elbow grease could do.

It was an uncertain pair of eyes that had come as the first immediate and reflexive answer to Silas' offer. It seemed laced with sarcasm or some form of bitterness rather, and Corin remained on the fence as to whether it was true; maybe his own tendency for the insincere poisoned the well of any half-decent or well-meaning comment from others. In any case, it started with a lilt in his brow and was followed by a tilt of his head, all in consideration - Silas and Gabe had both been younger, smaller, and in these formative years each year of development made way for considerable growth. Corin had two on the older of the duo at least. Then when it came to Gabe? Hell, Corin decided it was hardly worth so much as a thought. Just some boy yet to come into his own. Zoar in his Golem, now that was a different tale.

"Sure." He said after a few silent seconds of pause, but with all the dismissive confidence those around Corin had come to know. "But, uh..." Corin craned his neck in order to lock onto Gabriel's eyes for a brief second before they returned to Silas. "I'm not fighting Gabe."

He flashed a quick look back, "No offence."

Zoar Zoar Silas Westgard Silas Westgard Gabriel Pryce Gabriel Pryce

Last edited:

nhY3GI4.gif

Inner Fire - tzi

As she observed the Jedi Master, Daisy was refilling her cup and grabbing a small bite to eat when another girl, taller and older by a couple inches and a couple years, came to the refreshment station, and hung around like she had. "Hello," Daisy said in turn, with a smile of her own. This one, too, had hair a lovely shade of brown, just like Addison, and she supposed that wasn't unusual; brown was the most common hair colour amongst humans.

She let her gaze follow to where Hollis was looking, to Corin Trenor Corin Trenor and Arlo Renard Arlo Renard - faces that looked somewhat familiar, but neither of them she could say she knew. When Hollis put forward her hand, and her name, it was strange to her. She knew what this was for, but... it wasn't common, where she was from, outside of business. Nonetheless, after a moment, she took the hand in her own, and gave a tip of her head at the same time, "I'm Daisy," she gave in kind, "it's nice to meet you as well."

And she let go of the hand. The gesture felt foreign, but it was the way of many. Her head tipping faintly to one side, she regarded the older girl, as her face gained a vague familiarity... "You were at the sparring session, weren't you? The one with the masters watching?"

That had to be it. Just then, Master Vanagor started bringing out droids, and going to work on them, too, and her attention was rapt as he did this. Then came the instruction to form groups of people they didn't know, and she was looking around the room again - at least one four-person group had formed already... ah, there.

"Do you know them?" she asked, gesturing to Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el and Iris Arani Iris Arani , "I... don't, really."

The other part of the problem, aside from her being somewhat newer to the group, was her drive. She applied herself, sometimes a little too much, and hadn't taken a lot of time to get to know many of the members of their cohort, yet.

Last edited:
Nida returned Iris' wave, feeling a little warmer for having been recognized by a friendly face. Maybe they could be pa—

Carnifex?!

The blonde near Iris has mentioned her biological father's name, sending a lightning bolt of panic surging into her stomach. It had been a while since she'd heard her…male gamete donor's name. He was not a father to her, despite how finely he'd manipulated her mind.

The Master had written something on the board, garnering attention. For the second time today, Nida's stomach sank. If she couldn't partner with anyone she knew, that dashed her plan of working with Iris.

Get ahold of yourself. You’ve been through far, far worse than an awkward situation.

A young man approached her making puzzling hand gestures. Nida recognized that it was an attempt to communicate, but it didn't reach her. "I'm sorry,” She apologized awkwardly. "I can't understand you."

Prison had been easier, in a way.

Arlo Renard Arlo Renard Iris Arani Iris Arani

Last edited:

D E F E N S E
GADivider-Purple.png

Hollis-Temp.png
Hollis smiled at her fellow padawan, Daisy. There was a moment of worry that she had indeed had frosting on her hand when Daisy hesitated to shake her hand. But, the other girl did give her hand a tentative shake. She nodded when Daisy mentioned the recent sparring day, "yeah, I was there, too!"

She cast a sideways glance towards their teacher and the scene unfolding on the mat with armed droids. The Jedi Master dodged the attacks with ease. Her eyes widened slightly, were they going to be expected to do the same? Then, Master Caltin wrote further instructions... to group with others.

Well, she'd only just met Daisy and Hollis flashed her a hopeful glance. Her gaze followed to Iris Arani Iris Arani and Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el . "I know their names," Hollis answered. "... but that's about it. I'm still fairly new here."

Hollis started to approach Iris and Jasper and offered a smile. "Hi, do you two... want to group with me and Daisy?" she asked.

"I'm sorry. I can't understand you."

Well, can't say he hadn't tried.

<How about now?> he asked, resorting to telepathy and praying she wouldn't freak out. <I've never seen you before in my life, so if we're supposed to group together with people we don't know... yeah. Okay good, okay fine?>

It looked like two other groups of four had already formed. That left Serana Serana and Domina Prime Domina Prime to join the Kai/Nida club.

//I made all the parts from scratch. It took a long time, but... I'm pretty proud of this. We can... uh... talk after. If you want.//
"Crash," he said wistfully, his eyes looking the suit up and down, "Absolutely crash." He was looking forward to that.

"But, uh..." Corin craned his neck in order to lock onto Gabriel's eyes for a brief second before they returned to Silas. "I'm not fighting Gabe."

He flashed a quick look back, "No offence."

"Offense noted," Gabe grumbled only half sarcastically. Was he a little short for his age? Sure. But both his father and mother were tall or at least average height. Besides, Corin wasn't THAT much older than himself, only a few standard years. He looked Corin up and down again, his perception of the older Padawan shifting. He shrugged though and faced Silas.

"I'm Gabe," It looked like he already knew the other two. Or maybe he was just that confident in himself. Either way, Gabe stepped closer to the group to solidify the quartet.

Coruscant, Jedi Temple
Tags: Iris Arani Iris Arani , Hollis Orenn Hollis Orenn , Ichika Masudo Ichika Masudo , Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor , Others...

"You should try to go find some people. I'll uh, well. Wait and see. I know pretty much everyone here, so.. Yeah. Go make some new friends, they're all really good folks."

"O-okay," Jasper nodded. "I'll find some people. Should be pretty easy..."

"Hi, do you two... want to group with me and Daisy?"

"Hey!" Jasper reacted with a large smile. "I found some people."

He didn't really. It was more like they found him. Jasper didn't really care either way. He was terrible at introductions, and this was much easier on him.

"I'd be down," Jasper nodded, turning to see how Iris would respond before continuing. "I-I'm not too sure what we're doing, but I imagine it has something to do with those droids. D-did the class invitation say anything about them?"

Jasper didn't want to admit he didn't read the invitation before accepting the class. In truth, as in most cases for the duelist, he had no clue what he was actually defending himself from.

Living In Color
Codex Judge

Iris_Sig.png

Oh.

Iris blinked, glancing to Jasper first, then the other two. Huh. Okay she didn't know everyone. That was good, though. She smiled, nodding her head to the pair that stepped over. Sure. Group of four. And yeah Jasper and her fought side by side once, but that didn't mean they knew each other. Sure. Yeah. this would work.

"Yeah, that sounds nice. .. Who are you?" Daisy, her name she knew anyway. Because Hollis said it. Not so much Hollis. She watched the girl, smiling faintly as ever. As always. Whatever the four would be doing, this was going to be fine, probably. Maybe fight their own droids? Or.. She cast a glance to the Master, watching him for a moment. Maybe they'd be fighting him.

Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el | Hollis Orenn Hollis Orenn | Ichika Masudo Ichika Masudo | Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor

:: HERO of KORRIBAN ::

P E R S P E C T I V E
blue-div.png
judah-temp1.png

Judah walked in fashionably late and without much of a fanfare. His aim has been to walk in unnoticed and so far that seemed to be the case. There was a tension within him, a conflict of sorts. Should he teach again?The master was keeping his eye on the students and this was no different. A couple had gotten his attention, but until he could resolve the battle which waged inside his own mind and soul, Judah would not be ready to choose a padawan.

Hollis Orenn Hollis Orenn was there, along with a few others he recognized from before. Judah simply leaned against the wall as they all paired off. This was going to be interesting.​

Be careful what you wish for.
“Sometimes a change of perspective is all it takes to see the light.” — Dan Brown

Alright…

A moment later a monstrous bolt of lightning somehow jetted from one of the light fixtures down onto the big man. In an instant, literally the blink of an eye, he went from sitting to standing. There was little more damage than a black stain on the floor where he sat which could be cleaned with some degreaser. Once all eyes were on him, his eyes were on the individual that did not fit his classroom list. The sentient was one that he had never seen be in here. There were a few Padawans that he recognized nearby so he waved for them.

I do not recognize her, and do not sense any energy level either. I will put it to your vote. Ask her to leave, or let her stay(and leave on her own if she doesn’t feel she fits in).

It was oddly almost a unanimous decision from those he asked to let her stay, so the massive Jedi Master let it go and went about his business. Punching a couple of buttons on his vambrace, the droids that attacked him got back up, cleaned up their mess and fell in line with the others who were now lining the southside of the room. Walking to the edge of the floor and looking down at(not on) everyone, he caught the eyes of them all.

Greetings everyone, I am Master Vanagor for those who may not know me, or know of me. I was a member of the Jedi Order during the old Republic, I am a Council Member of the Silver Jedi Order, an adjunct with the Ossus Enclave and happily can call the Temple on Coruscant “home” again as I am a member of the New Jedi Order as well. What I am about to tell you will sound like there is some guy in his forties sitting behind a laptop computer and I am nothing but a “character” but I am proficient in every lightsaber form, sub-form and alternate, a master of four of them. I am proficient with single lightsabers, dual sabers, and lightstaffs. I am proficient in three forms of Martial arts including “Broken Gate.”

Realizing how ridiculous that sounded, he simply waited a moment for the doubters to speak up, then he kept going.

That being said, if you are here to learn fighting techniques, I suggest you leave now. What I will teach you could one day save your life, but I will also remind you of who you are.

Knowing full well those in the room that were letting out grunts and groans, he allowed it, in fact waited for it.

Before you start thinking that I will remind you of the Jedi Code… you’re right. I will, but not for the reason you think.

Eyes to and from, in and around everyone he spoke slowly.

Any Jedi who think that they can completely suppress their emotions are kidding themselves. You will get angry from time to time. The Jedi Code would speak of “anger leading to the Dark Side”, but original Jedi Tenets say different, the first Tenet:

"Emotions are unavoidable, but lessons may be learned from the feeling of these emotions. However, emotions of such strength as to cause a Jedi to act or behave in a manner different from rational thought are dangerous, and must be avoided at all costs for a Jedi to truly master the Force."

… says otherwise.

You’re going to get angry, when you accept this but do not try to let the concern of this happen control you is worse. Take attachments, for example, one thing that many Jedi do understand, to an extent, though, even in the Tenets, is attachments. To go into battle it is important to do so in a focused manner, this has been addressed, yes, but attachments can motivate as much as they distract. The Second Tenet of the Force does agree to an extent:

"Feelings of attraction and love are to be explored carefully and with rationality in mind. Romantic pathways must be treated with care so as to avoid pain and anger. To love another is dangerous yet acceptable if treated with care, but attaching oneself to another life in the bonds of matrimony cannot be allowed if you do not go into this union with a clear mind." The third Tenet might confuse some as it was said to re-enforce the second in many respects, but this was something that the big guy took to heart as well:

"The Jedi are to respect life, in any form, and only take life when necessary. A Jedi must put the needs of the community over the needs of individuals. A Jedi is not to act for solely personal gain or greed - the good of all must be his goal." We’ll come back to that in a second, now the next tenet was exactly in line with my current way of thinking, a Jedi Guardian.

"A Jedi is to protect the weak and defenseless. A Jedi may not kill a defenseless individual. Should a Jedi be in a position where aid may be given to the weak or the poor, then the Jedi should do what they can to aid the situation within the guidelines of the Code, the Tenets, and of course the law."

Personally, I consider absolutely no one “weak” and none around me “defenseless”, everyone of you has your own types of strength, in a manner of speaking. Because we serve and protect, there is the next Tenet.

"Ruling power and financial wealth are not permitted for a Jedi, as these lead to arrogance and self-pride. Self-pride is a complex that eats the heart and mind of all, including Jedi. If a Jedi thinks he or she is greater than other beings, equal to other beings, or less than other beings then they have succumbed to self-pride. Guard against these three complexes night and day."

The last two tenets:

"A Jedi must consider the living and cosmic manifestations of the Force - one must be mindful of the present, but also look to both the future and the past for guidance."

… and…

"A Jedi does not fight for adventure or glory. A Jedi fights for the survival of civilization and the survival of the people within it. The greatest Jedi is not the one who defeats an army of thousands, but the one who triumphs over himself. Your importance lies in your devotion to life." They sort of mesh together for me as I have always been a student of history, and the phrase “Those who fail at history, are doomed to repeat it.”

Taking a LONG drink of water and waving for anyone else who wanted refreshments to go ahead, he spoke up.

Enough talking about what they wanted me to talk about. Time for some fun stuff. I am not going to teach you a single lightsaber form. I am not going to teach you a single Martial Arts form. If you trust me, and you pay attention, I’m going to teach you techniques that mesh everything together and do so fluently.

If you let me, I’m going to teach you in a way that you won’t learn one form specifically. You won’t have to. You will be able to hold off the greatest JuYo offensive flurry, counter the most dangerous Makashi cuts, dodge those infamous Hawk-Bat slashes, and take your opponent down seamlessly… and do it without breaking a sweat.

He smiled.

I’ve been doing this for a long time. Might as well start finally sharing some secrets, right? Okay… get in groups of four and as you are doing so, prepare yourself to answer one question.

When I was practicing and the training droids jumped me, what did I do wrong?

TAGS: Iris Arani Iris Arani | Sōla Taan Sōla Taan | Gabriel Pryce Gabriel Pryce | Hollis Orenn Hollis Orenn | Domina Prime Domina Prime | Ichika Masudo Ichika Masudo | Silas Westgard Silas Westgard | Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el | Fiyak | Dreidi Xeraic Dreidi Xeraic | @Zoar | Corin Trenor Corin Trenor | Serana Serana | Nida Perl Nida Perl | Judah Lesan Judah Lesan | ANY KNIGHTS OR MASTERS WHO WANT TO JUMP IN!

resonant-staff-hilt-lit-6.png

"Vanguard" (Secondary - Long Handle)
0cf9376e75158d86a4aaeac9fb408128.jpg

"CONSERVATOR" (Primary - Long Handle)
HK-88 Robes, Battle Armor,Toraynor-Henkan(mind crystal added) Advanced Jedi Utility Belt
Starship: Spectre, (Jedi Interceptor in the hangar, Dilorian, and Bike both in the cargo bay, the late Karki Eusith's Armor, Shield, Temple Guard Lightsaber mounted on the wall)
Sanctuary Island

Last edited:
div1.png

Jace had a lot to think about, much on his mind as he walked around the room, arms crossed. He didn't want to interrupt the Elder Jedi's class, so he quietly listened, watching the room intently. And part of being well, a helping hand, was squashing problems before they arose.

So a quiet voice, and a gentle hand on a troubled mind. He was a sensitive person, the force withstanding- so he felt Nida Perl Nida Perl 's uneasiness about something.

"Remember, telepathy opens your mind as well-" He said, tapping his forehead, looking at the younger Jedi. Arlo Renard Arlo Renard would be able to see an image of Jace dancing under a set of pale lights on a starry night, a memory of Jace's. He projected it towards him- smiling as he did so. But the point was still there. Despite the pleasantness of the memory, the warmth and love in it, the point being that an enemy could do it as well.

And maybe something less pleasant than Jace dancing with his late beloved wife.

And usually with something.... ugly.

"Take caution, my friend." And he looked at Nida, smiling, turning his head, in a very fatherly, paternal way. "No dangers that I can see besides not getting anything out of class, hm?" He didn't sense anything was wrong with her, just that she was worried, or perhaps someone brought up some old bad memory, or she had a negative thought. But Jace was more keen than just through the force, he just seemed to know things about people. A skill that being a husband and a gambler taught him was to read people.

He gave a gentle pat on the back to them both- then pushed them both towards Domina Prime Domina Prime and Serana Serana 's direction.

"Make some new friends you two."

And there was that same old silly grin.

Arlo Renard Arlo Renard Nida Perl Nida Perl Domina Prime Domina Prime

She listened to the instructions and moved over towards one of the groups that didn't seem to have the requisite number of people within it. She looked at Kai and bowed her head to make her large size a little smaller but gave a wide mouthed grin. "I guess you need more people?" SHe said it and was a little nervous about it but well needed to find a group and the others looked more like they were already set up before hand so... she could meet the new people. "I am Serana." Her voice was better then the rest and she swished her tail with a nervous energy.

<How about now?>

Nida perked up, eyes wide as saucers. "Did you…" One hand reflexively cradled the side of her head as a voice, sounding somewhat annoyed, entered her mind. What sort of Sith trickery—?!

"I…suppose." Head raising from her palm, she fixed the young man with tired eyes. He seemed to be able to hear fine, just mute. Well, vocally mute. "I'm Nida."

One of the Knights, a quiet fellow, had wandered towards them. "Dangers?" She blinked owlishly, then it hit her that she'd been putting out a palpable anxious energy. Nida flushed fuchsia, embarrassed. "Sorry." She admitted softly. When at work, the Zeltron managed her emotions with skill. The busier she got, the less time she had to dwell on anxiety. This was…different. She was out of her depth.

Nida stumbled as the Knight ushered them in the direction of two other unpartnered Padawans. One of them, a lavender hued individual of some equine species, introduced herself. She seemed nervous as well, so Nida tried for a comforting smile. "It's good to meet you, Serana. I'm Nida; thank you for joining us."

Shortly after, Master Caltin began the lecture. When he'd gotten to the part discussing marriage, Nida found herself twirling her engagement ring between two fingers—then promptly placed her hands behind her back. Attachments, marriage and family were viewed differently depending on the which Jedi you asked. It had been allowed among the Silvers, and appeared to be a non-issue among the NJO. Still, some of the more conservative Jedi preferred to forego romantic endeavors for fear of straying from their path.

Nida's brow creased in thought while she pressed the pads of her pointer finger against her chin. The healer struggled to recall the exact details of Master Caltin's demonstration, but she hadn't seen any glaring mistakes. Then again, she was no combat master. Had he allowed his pike to be shattered too soon? Waited too long to topple the trio of droids when he'd had the opportunity to do so? Either way, Nida preferred to keep quiet for now. She was probably wrong, anyway.

Better to be silent and thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

Arlo Renard Arlo Renard Serana Serana Domina Prime Domina Prime Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor Jace Rhane Jace Rhane

His mouth twisted into a smirk with a faint and amused huff, with eyes briefly still settled over Gabriel. Corin may have misread the response, admittedly, yet that was of little importance and swiftly moved on from. His attention turned over to the Jedi Master and his rant, even if a bit too much for his own taste. Tenants? Relationships? He wondered what relevance that had in a 'self-defence' class, even after said class was decried as another lesson altogether. Had it become another senseless ethics debate, he bitterly mused. Ideally not.

There was only so much drivel Corin could force himself to withstand, and the talk of tenants already pushed his limits. Ultimately, Corin folded his arms over himself and waited it out, let the old man talk, say his peace. For whatever that was worth, if anything at all. Even if the corner of his mouth shifted up with satisfaction from bored displeasure.

"You let them attack," the Padawan called out to Caltin with an answer of his own. "You let them dictate the duel, makes it a three on one. You should have stayed on the move and made the droids into obstacles for one another to strike around."

Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor @LiterallyEveryoneElse

Alor of Clan Gred, Mando'ad'jetii
Mig jogged in, honestly a bit late. He may've been a Mandalorian, a Clan Alor, a soldier, and whatever other title you wanted to add.... But the job of being a father never ended, and his sons had come on this trip in part to see another training class, and admittedly so Mig and his wife could get a little break. Illy and Souma getting to learn something during said break was just a bonus.... Ok it's how Mig would've done it anyway, but he could see it as not 100% required right now.

Still, he was there. Armor and all. It was always nice to hear Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor explain his views on the Jedi Code. Then he noted that they would need teams of at least four, and to try and avoid people they knew. Well... looking at the crowd he had that part down at least, which wasn't a bad thing. He could make some new friends maybe.

Be careful what you wish for.
“I Don’t Even Call It Violence When It’s In Self Defense; I Call It Intelligence.” — Malcolm X

Alright as you’re in your groups… you are going to start by simulating a “two on two.” A “Master and Apprentice vs.” sort of thing. You do not not have to decide who is who and NO Force. One group is going to be the attacker, one will be the defender. You will simulate each side for two rounds. I want you to just do what comes naturally.

Then a nameless “Silver” Padawan raised a hand. “Sir, what you did wrong… it’s been bothering me…”

We’ll get to that later…

“It’s been bothering me too, sir.” These two Padawans, two thirds of Force Sensitive triplets “Huey”, “Duey”, and “Louie”. Caltin just gave them a strong glare. One that they would recognize as in “Shut the hell up”, but he decided to alter his plan as some of the others were just nervous and fidgety as to what was going on. Then one of the NJO Padawans Corin Trenor Corin Trenor brought up his own answer. it showed his way of thinking and exactly the type of Jedi he was going to be.

That is a damn good answer Trenor, I like it. It shows tactical thinking and an ability to be "three steps ahead." What I am looking at though was a little more obscure. I did not give them a chance to “walk away.” Yes, I know that they are droids, but we are “Jedi” and we should always give our opponent that chance. Give them a chance to get out of there, potentially save you the energy kicking their teeth in and separates us from the Sith. I don’t care if you say nothing more than “walk away… now” or “this is your only warning…” you should always do that. Up to you though.

Louie then raised his hand, nervous about doing so, but sticking to it. “Sir… the whole ‘marriage’ thing… aren’t you a ‘hypocrite’ for doing so?” Those Silver Padawans that were in attendance, including Louie’s brothers, just cringed. Caltin just pulled off his glove and flashed his wedding ring.

Because of this? We’re human and my point was that in my time if you so much as had a thought of this you would be expelled from the Order. Now? Now it’s a realization that just like in the original tenets, emotions are unavoidable. Just do not let them control you. Fear comes from a lack of trust and trust in your loved ones. Now enough talk. Let’s do this.

Pressing a couple of buttons on his vambrace, three droids approached. One more button and one attacked the others as the two remaining attacked in return and the big man. It was quick and easy, more to showcase what the big man did naturally, sidestepping one attack and letting it swing into the other droid. The droids then stopped.

Do what’s natural. You’re going to do this for two rounds as attackers and two rounds as defenders, No Force. Then two and two with. After that?

He smiled.

Then things will get really fun.

The purpose of this was to get the students loose and more open to what he was about to teach them. It also was to show the massive Jedi Master what each of them were capable of. Remember, there are a couple of dozen Padawans to one instructor here. He needed to know what they all could do.

TAGS: Iris Arani Iris Arani | Sōla Taan Sōla Taan | Gabriel Pryce Gabriel Pryce | Hollis Orenn Hollis Orenn | Domina Prime Domina Prime | Ichika Masudo Ichika Masudo | Silas Westgard Silas Westgard | Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el | Fiyak | Dreidi Xeraic Dreidi Xeraic | @Zoar | Corin Trenor Corin Trenor | Serana Serana | Nida Perl Nida Perl | Judah Lesan Judah Lesan | Mig Gred Mig Gred ANY KNIGHTS OR MASTERS WHO WANT TO JUMP IN!

resonant-staff-hilt-lit-6.png

"Vanguard" (Secondary - Long Handle)
0cf9376e75158d86a4aaeac9fb408128.jpg

"CONSERVATOR" (Primary - Long Handle)
HK-88 Robes, Battle Armor,Toraynor-Henkan(mind crystal added) Advanced Jedi Utility Belt
Starship: Spectre, (Jedi Interceptor in the hangar, Dilorian, and Bike both in the cargo bay, the late Karki Eusith's Armor, Shield, Temple Guard Lightsaber mounted on the wall)
Sanctuary Island

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom