Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private A Jedi Once Again

With: Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble
Equipment: Jedi Robes | Lightsaber |
Theia Glasses

He took a breath.

Technically, he'd been freelancing for the New Jedi Order since Mortis. He'd just sort of arrived and been doing Jedi things. Throughout all of it, his intentions had been to leave the Jedi again and go back to doing his own thing in the Galaxy. Then everything had changed when the Shield of the Jedi had gathered everyone together and announced his intentions to do a Jedi Pilgrimage. At that moment, Caden had realised that he could still do his own thing whilst in service to the Jedi.

At the end of the hall was his destination. At the end of the hall was the room where he would make a decision that would impact his life and throw him back into the affairs of the Galaxy. At the end of the hall was the room where he would make a decision that would definitely upset his astromech droid, especially after all the broken promises about leaving and going back to doing their own thing in the galaxy. Chirp definitely wouldn't be happy.

Caden wasn't actually sure if the Shield of the Jedi would know who he was. He definitely hadn't expected him to take time out of his day to meet with some random Jedi Knight who wasn't even technically part of the Order. Yet the Shield had been more than willing and Caden had been more than thankful. He wasn't sure who he was even supposed to go to when joining the Order, but the Shield of the Jedi and a Council member seemed like a pretty fair option.

The young man adjusted his robes, and ran his fingers through his hair.

He was nervous and he wasn't sure why. He'd met and dealt with high ranking Jedi before, it was nothing new to him. He couldn't understand why he was so nervous about this one. Unless it wasn't meeting the Jedi that was making him anxious. Unless it was perhaps the though of making a commitment to another Order and devoting his life back into the ways of the Jedi, something he hadn't done for years. Even the though of that caused butterfly's in his stomach. That was definitely what was making him anxious.

Caden knocked at the door of the designated meeting room, and waited to be called in.

Kahlil_Div2.png

He had an office.

That was the weirdest thing about it. Kahlil had spent pretty much all of his time as a Jedi living and working out of his own ship. Traveling the galaxy, helping where he could, working as a spacer to pay the bills. And now he had an office. He frowned, glancing around the room. It was virtually empty. Well mostly. He had a lot of things made by Vera on his desk. And one of the triplet's most recent projects.

Macaroni art. A flower, if you squinted. He chuckled a little, glancing it over before picking up the classic number one dad mug Vera had given him long before his disappearance on the Wellspring. Sipped some coffee.

Then blinked as the door was knocked on. Oh right.

".. Uh, come in, I guess?"

Caden Evesa Caden Evesa

Theia Glasses

"Master Noble. Nice office."

Caden had entered the office after being invited in. The first thing he'd noticed was how empty it was, short of a few trinkets there wasn't much in there. Still, it was only polite to offer a compliment on the room, especially when he had no idea what else to say. He'd never really come across the Jedi Master before, it wasn't like they could exchange small talk or anything.

"I appreciate you taking the time. I doubt you're even aware of me, so allow me to introduce myself. My name is Caden Evesa. As a child, I served with the Silver Jedi Order during the time of the Bryn'adul wars. I was Knighted by Master Starchaser years ago, after which I seperated ways with the order to go off and do my own research in the galaxy. I spent time studying different Force sects"

A lot more had happened, but this wasn't the time to discuss that.

"I fought on Mortis, following the call of the Force. Since then I've basically been freelancing for the New Jedi Order, carrying out odd jobs but never really being attached. I had every intention to leave again honestly, until your speech to the Jedi about pilgrimages"

He offered a slight smile. In that moment he realised he was rambling, not really getting to the point of why he had approached the Jedi Master. He realised it was probably in everyone's interest if he just got on with it instead of telling backstory that definitely wasn't needed.

"I guess what I'm saying is, I've found family here I wasn't expecting since leaving the Jedi. With your blessing, Master, I'd like to return to service with the New Jedi Order"

A respectful bow followed, and he waited for the response.

Kahlil_Div2.png

Oh there was a lot of explanation there. Usually he'd cut someone off. No one owed him their story, no matter who they were. People were allowed to have secrets, and they certainly didn't have to submit themselves to his approval or disapproval of their past. But he held his tongue, mostly because he wasn't sure what Caden wanted. And certainly didn't want to be rude. There was a lot of personal information shared.

He would always show people respect.

"You don't need my blessing, but if you feel you need it, you have it. The Jedi, New or not, will always be open to those who want to come back. What do you want to do, though? How do you want to serve?"

Caden Evesa Caden Evesa

Theia Glasses

Caden listened as the Jedi Master spoke.

Whilst his blessing wasn't needed, Caden was glad he had sought it out. He didn't want to overstay a welcome, especially in a situation where he wasn't sure if he was welcome or not. Kahlil had all but accepted him back into the Order, which he was thankful for. Kahlil had accepted him back into what was basically a super large family, the Jedi Order.

"I've identified two Padawans"

He answered the Shield's question softly. He'd been keeping his eyes on two different Padawan's within the Order, both of whom he believed would flurish if he was given the chance to work with them. He wasn't the most conventional Jedi, although as his years advanced (he was twenty acting like he was fifty) he was finding that he was starting to fall in line a little. Both would work well with that.

"Padawan Tala Vale and Padawan Loomi. Both are exceptional talents who are yet unattached. I don't know the New Jedi Order's rules on Padawans, if you guys follow the traditional rules where a Master only takes one, but I would like to take both on under my tutalage. I believe that both could flourish and grow to become exceptional Jedi some day"

It felt odd to be hyping two Padawans up, but his remarks were true. Both had exceptional futures within the Order under the right guidance. Both had potential that could be moulded to make them both great Jedi. Caden hadn't expected to take a single Padawan yet here he was discussing with the Shield of the Jedi the possibility of taking two.

Weird how much changed in a few days.

Kahlil_Div2.png

"Oh. Well that's easy. If you think you can handle two, by all means train both. I have three myself, and Master Noble tends to take on.. All of them, really. She really doesn't know when to stop, I guess." He chuckled a bit, shaking his head. Valery had trained dozens of their order by now. Not that it was a bad thing.

"Do they know you want to take them on?"

Caden Evesa Caden Evesa

Theia Glasses

Caden nodded.

"Not yet, Master. I intend to approach both in my own time and extend the offer to them. If they choose to accept or not is up to them. I'd never force anyone into a partnership they are unwilling to partake in. They have to be willing participants in this"

He bowed his head slightly. He had every intention of offering the partnership to the duo, in the same way Okkeus had approached him all those years ago. He remembered the day well, when Okkeus had asked if he would serve as his Padawan and learn from him. Okkeus was a good mentor, it was a shame the relationship soured between the two over the years.

"I believe I could handle two. I'm impressed people can handle more than two to be fair"

The young Jedi Knight offered a chuckle. He believed both Loomi and Tala would work well together, he couldn't imagine adding a third into the mix. At that point, there would be too many and Caden felt he wouldn't have time to devote to the training that each Padawan needed to progress to the ranks of Jedi Knight. Two seemed to be the perfect balance.

Kahlil_Div2.png

"Then, so long as they agree, that should be fine. Just remember if you ever need any help, don't hesitate to ask, alright?" Kahlil gave a simple nod and another smile. He didn't know the two Padawan's in question, but he was certain Caden would put his all into training them.

"When do you want to begin?"

Caden Evesa Caden Evesa

Theia Glasses

Caden smiled.

"I shall approach both soon, however I won't be able to begin officially for a while. I have some personal business to attend to off world. I'll be gone for about a week, during which I'll instruct both to carry out their regular studies"

The Jedi Knight bowed softly. He knew he could ask for help if needed, and at that moment he trusted that the Shield of the Jedi would offer any assistance that he could. He trusted that anyone else within the Order would offer any assistance that they could.

"I appreciate you taking the time, Master Noble. I shall leave you to your work. Thank you for the guidance"

Kahlil_Div2.png

"Of course. Just, well. You know you don't have to be so formal, right?" Kahlil flashed his own smile as he turned to take a seat behind his desk. Start glancing over a datapad to pull up some information on the pair of Padawan's in question. Just a cursory glance at that.

"Be safe, Caden. I'll make sure someone doesn't come and swoop up your prospects. Just be sure to not keep them waiting too long, mm?" Now he was teasing. Just a little as he flashed a grin his way.

Caden Evesa Caden Evesa

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom