Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aela marveled at the scene before her.​

She wore a thick EVO suit, rebreather, and heavy traversing gear meant for the surface of Sullust. Her eyes were locked on the already completed bio-dome of the New Jedi Temple on Sullust, its massive transapristeel expanse stretching almost into the horizon itself. Her mouth gaped open, and she wondered just how expensive the dome itself had been to build.​

"Marshall?"

"Huh?" Aela turned to look at one of the Jedi With her. "What is it?"

"They're asking for you in the temple."

"Oh." She said quietly. The temple itself was half finished, the dome and most of the underground structure was already complete. Most of it supported life, and most of it was already in fact inhabited. Aela had taken this small journey outside of the bio-dome to oversee the more unique aspect of the massive construct, that being the raising of the bio dome. Once the structure was entirely completed, the temple would split into two sections. One would raise into the sky, the other would remain deep underground.​

The two sections would be connected by a series of turbolifts, with the underground being holding the more defensible structures of the New Jedi Temple and the bio-dome above being the face and residential area of the temple itself. In truth, Aela thought it was all a bit...overdone, but Grand Marshal Omai Rhen had pointed out to her that people expected such things from a rising Jedi Order.​

She frowned slightly as she looked at the bio-dome. "Alright, lets get back."

Aela was sure that all over the structure, both underground and above, she would find Jedi hard at work.​

Kaia Starchaser had one of the older ExCon suits offered by Silk for the Levantine Sanctum. One got put on her ship when she was doing time out there, and she knew it would be helpful in other places. What she was doing now was what she was used to, and didn’t require the suit. She had taken the Wandering Star out on a run, picking up more friends of the Covenant and moving them to Sullust, as well as some construction teams that could be trusted. It wasn’t that they were going to be hiding the New Jedi Order’s temple, but she operated as one from the Underground, could never be too cautious. It wasn’t like the plans she heard for the military bases that were going to be placed on the same world.

Right now her ship was going to be sitting in low orbit of Sullust and help with the heavy lifting. The Star was bigger than her father’s freighter, a small frigate, but not anything as clean as some of the ships she saw, and drooled over, from the Omega Protectorate.

Barefeet up on the console, the ship sat in a geosync orbit that was actually facing down, perpendicular at the world as opposed to parallel, it’d look odd to most, but she could keep visual on everything. And she was sitting there, drinking some sort of carbonate beverage. A big straw, and the slurping sound as she pulled liquid up from between ice cubes.

“You’re listing a little bit, Tug 2, might wanna check your pilot, see if they’re awake.”

She shook her head as she leaned back in the captain’s chair.

Captain Kaia Starchaser, Jedi Knight, she could get used to that.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Halls of Healing
Medical Moppets

Karen Roberts and Chip La'say "Magnum" were hard at work unboxing the Medical droids out in the hallways. Construction and furnishing was still ongoing but the two RnR veterans were happy to pitch in and lend a hand. If nothing else they were both strong lifters. Just, maybe getting a little bored at the moment,

"...Yo. How about this one Roberts? Eh? Does this face not look exactly like that one pirate back on Scampers Moon? Yaba yaba yaba. I'm a warlord party pooper. Fap fap fap. Don't shoot me in the head Mr Magnum. Oh no! *poosh!* ...Blarg!"

Chip stood up and placed his fingers inside the disassembled droid's head. Making it's mouth go up and down like a puppet. Watching it keel over in mock death. Karen could only shake her head and smile,

"Pfft. More like that blasted ex-girlfriend of yours. What was her species again? Rancor or something? ...You remember. That one who's hair kept catching on fire that one time."

The "Magnum" Mando frowned at her jest. Did she always have to pick on his harem of women? Ya know. Having a girlfriend on every planet in the Core really wasn't that uncommon?

"...Hey. She was a Zeltron noble woman and you know it. Just because she tried to seduce your R2 droid once or twice during the party, doesn't make her a bad person Blue. She had bad eyesight. That's all."

"Well. Ugliest Zeltron I've ever seen. Drinking habits or no. Pfft."

"Bah. She was a grand beauty worth a thousand Corellian girls. No. A million! A billion Corellian girls. More."

"You mean, OMG she was loaded with credits and loved to fawn over you like a darn drunken calf. Mm. Yeah. About that."

"That hurts Commander. That hurts."

Chip picked up one of the robot's surgery arms and poked himself right in the chest with it. Gasp. Mockery. Death. Just what a med-droid was good for. Burn heal. Jest surgery. Bleh. Karen smirked at his mannerisms and threw the jesting Mando another disassembled shin and foot.

"Oh, put a sock in it, Commander. We've got work to do."

"Ugh. Yes boss."

Karen leaned over to move another box into the side room. Chip Magnum just spun the droid's lifeless head around on his arm to mock her silently with it's puppeted mouth. As if it's body-less expression could say, blah blah blah i do what I want! So there!

Thus began the endless bounty of professionalism that was the RnR PMC Denon volunteers. Yep. Just, business as usual.

Deep in the very bowels of the very lowest section of the temple were a series of wide, open halls. There were no furnishings down here, just plain duracrete walls and ventilation ports. Jacen was busy requisitioning these "last resort" bunkers as sparring chambers. It made perfect sense to him. The walls were many metres thick of heavy reinforced materials to protect against the pressure of the ground around them, as well as survive any orbital bombardment. They could easily take any saber strikes. Each hall was wide and tall, with enough room for a Jedi to move freely.

"Perhaps if there was a volunteer for some sparring, we could check there was enough room?" he mused.

page1-870px-360_View_of_the_Thermo-Vacuum_Chamber.pdf.jpg

The volcanic surface of Sullust greatly interested Princess Thais Kallisto, owner of the Kallisto Mining Company. Her quarries were crystal only which yielded numerous minerals and ores. But to have access to base metals, nickel, copper deposits, epithermal gold veins and aluminum would boost her profits and widen her production ability in building materials, as well as mass produced jewelry and handi-crafts.

In order to construct a mine on Sullust, however, one needed to build not just the mine but the base of operations under the ground, since the air was barely breathable. Therefore Princess Kallisto had arranged for a tour of a building site for she and her engineers, so they could witness how one of these underground structures was erected. And drumming up a little business for Kallisto wouldn't hurt either.

In her own envirosuit, Thais arrived with her Palace Guards and attendants at the new bio-dome of the Jedi Order. It appeared that this structure would be both underground and above ground. The Princess approved of the elaborateness of the building. Perhaps they would need gilded crown mouldings, marble floors and similar adornments which her company could provide?

[member="Aela Talith"] [member="Kaia Starchaser"] [member="Karen Roberts"] [member="Jacen Voidstalker"]

The temple was a picture of beauty. Hopefully this one wasn't going to be sacked - that seemed to be the trend for most religious structures lately. Cyril wandered the halls of the underground for now. He felt more at home deep within Sullust's crust rather than high above it. That did not mean the massive globe, rimmed with the violent reddish Sullust sky around it, was not magnificent. He would head up there shortly to help move things along, but for now, he was wont to explore.

Some of the climate control was not into full effect in certain sections of the underground just yet. It was livable, of course, but a bit too hot for one to be wandering around in heavy robes. He'd opted for a simple sleeveless tunic instead. The volcanic ash from Sullust's sky had managed to distort the synthskin over his right arm as well. He'd been forced to pull it off.

The servos that allowed his false limb to move whirred as he dragged his metallic fingers along the walls. If this was to be his home, then he needed to get a feel for it. He stopped at an intersection, and would have turned around had he not sensed a familiar presence up ahead. Without a word, Cyril made his way to the area that Voidstalker had designated as his sparring area.

"Jacen?" He asked as he entered the room. "Didn't expect to find too many people this far in yet. What have you found here?"

[member="Jacen Voidstalker"]

[member="Cyril Grayson"]

"What I've found," Jacen replied. "Is several chambers with enough room for the most enthusiastic Force jump, with several metres of duracrete and quadranium between the occupants and the bedrock. So I'm thinking indoor sparring chambers, though they will need a touch more light," he replied. He put his hand in his chin as he considered the rooms. A few platforms, maybe some wooden pallisades for obstacles. They could even build a mock house down here and bring down some battledroids with stun guns for practise clearing buildings.

Outer Bio Dome

It seemed that everything was going well, more than well in fact. They now traced their way around the outside of the bio-dome, wandering quickly around it as if they were inspecting the massive structure.

Aela couldn't help but be impressed.

She had never gotten to see the Jedi Temple on Coruscant, had never had the opportunity to visit. Her mother had told her it had been simple, but sophisticated and grand in its own little way. Her father had told her that it had been little more than an overly large trapezoid. In the back of her mind Aela wondered if this construct was any better than that one, if the Temple of the New Jedi Order managed to match, or even beat, the one that had sat on Coruscant.

It was a small thing, a piece of vanity to be truthful, but that wasn't wrong.

She was allowed a hint of pride, pride at what she was now a part of. Aela imagined that more than a few of the Jedi that had joined the Order felt the same way as she did.

Cyril fell silent as he observed Jacen's find. He trailed around the chamber curiously; running his fingers along the walls as he did so. It was big enough, to be sure, and the general of the feeling of the place matched what Voidstalker thought. It was better to teach men and women how to fight in a place without distraction rather than high above where they could see the world. They couldn't lose focus so easily down here.

The Jedi Master came to a pause near the door, his lips pressed into a thin smile. "Think that's a great idea. I'm still looking for a place to put my tea shop." He snickered. "I'll make a fortune if I set up here in the temple." He knocked a hand against the wall for emphasis. His mother had instilled that ridiculous dream in his head the last time he'd visited Naboo. He wanted a place to sit down and discuss the galaxy with Padawans in his twilight years, as his grandfather had. The tea shop would be perfect.

"Construction is proceeding well everywhere else. We're making good progress." He paused. "Care to test out these sparring chambers? Rather do that than lift boxes." He shrugged.

Halls of Healing
Medical Moppets

[member="Karen Roberts"]

It had been a long while since Jedi Knight A'dele Adonnai had walked along a Hall of Healing. It was a bit surreal to be honest, and while this particular one was in the midst of being built, there was a semblance of familiarity and comfort. Quietly ambling through one of the wing's corridors, Adele would watch the to and fro of other healers, medics, Jedi, and construction workers.

Much like the Halls of Healing that had once stood upon Coruscant, these were to mimic and expand on the original layout. Every intention was made for this section to be easily accessible by turbolift from anywhere in the Sullust Academy and Temple, both above ground and below. While it could not be bathed with warm sunlight, every effort was created to mimic the natural light as well as use the natural resources of Sullust for the benefit of the injured and sick.

The greatest of marvels, however, would be the careful crafting of a Healing Crystal room. Master [member="Avalore Eden"] would likely head that venture, and it would be nice to work along her again.

A mischievous grin crossed Jacen’s and he stepped backwards away from Cyril, lifting up onto the balls of his feet. His right hand came out and a row of crates skidded back towards the entrance. A second wave of the hand and the heavy-set doors slammed closed. Whilst his spatial awareness was good, there was no need to risk a civilian walking in on them.

His feet settled into comfortable positions. Just a few years back when he had returned to the Jedi Academy this had been difficult. Over a decade away from the Jedi Order had led to him losing all the muscle memory he had once built. Now it came easily. He dropped his weight a few inches, finding a solid base. His saber came up in two hands into a ready position, but he waited for Cyril before touching the activation switch.

She shook her head. Where was her food. “Tug two, watch your list…” She got to her feet and went to the small food prep station, well really a microwave near her bridge. She pulled out the bowl of noodles. “Hot…” She squealed, putting the cup on the counter and blowing on her fingers. Right! Ships, she was watching, coordinating. She grabbed a towel and spoon, picking the bowl up again and hurried to the bridge. The bowl went on the co-pilot’s seat and she looked back at the ships. “Looking good, Two.” She nodded with another look around. The rest of the tugs were in place. Moving supplies and some of these big pre-fabricated pieces wasn’t that tricky, but she felt a bit out of sorts.

The rest of the Jedi were planet side, not that she wanted to go on the surface. Sullust could probably melt her, and her ship. She’d stay in high atmosphere. And just watch the supplies being dropped off, the rest of the crews doing their work from afar. Besides, not all jobs were glamourous, least of all on a construction ship.

She was helping, someone tell her she was helping.

Better than a Talith being in orbit.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Halls of Healing
w [member="Adele Adonai"] , [member="Avalore Eden"]

Karen placed another large box in Chip's arms and slapped him on the back. Good boy. Work for it Ranger. While she was busy keeping Chip on his toes another Jedi approached. Probably on her way to the Crystal Chamber no doubt.

"Chip. You're on your own soldier. I'll be back in twenty."

"Wut?"

Karen smiled and approached Adele. Leaving a flabbergasted Mr. Magnum to clean up the mess they'd made.

"Greetings Knight Jedi. Welcome to your new Medical Wing. She's a beauty. But goodness me? Where are my manners. I am Commander Roberts, one of the volunteer captains. ...And, If you're looking for the Crystal Chamber? She's just right over there. Finishing touches and all."

Roberts shrugged,

"Though. I must admit. I had hoped you'd come by to deliver some new Tri-Power Conduits? We are about ten units short and we can't finish patching up the power grid without them. You uh... Wouldn't happen to have seen a box of those lying around on your way down here, would you?"

Temple Construction Site Entrance

Amidst the buzz of activity surrounding the construction site one lone speeder taxi pulled to a slow stop to deposit a rather unremarkable entity out onto the sidewalk. In the afternoon sun a woman wearing only commoner's clothes, staring blithely up at the massive structure before her would hardly draw attention. Onlookers from near and far stopped daily, at every hour, to gaze up at he spectacle that was the Temple and Academy to be. While presently a blemish on what was a rather lovely cityscape, it would soon stand as a beacon of hope and strength for the rising Galactic Alliance.

Brown eyes looked upward, outward, through the bars of the security fence that surrounded the complex. From the remnants of structural durasteel skeleton to the gleam of glasteel in the sunlight, everything reminded her not of the hope she once felt when looking upon the face of the Jedi Temple on Coruscant, but of those nightmares that still plagued her evenings when she didn't do her meditation before bed.

Where some saw peace and prosperity, she saw devastation and ash.

Where the light of the good Jedi glowed warmly in the hearts of the spectators Avalore felt the sting of fire on her skin and the ache of darkside corruption still deep in the joints of her hands.

She loosely wrapped her fingers around the metal bars, leaning up to look skywards at the various ships pulling the pieces of the biodome into place.

[member="Meeristali Peradun"] had spoken of a second chance to do right by the Galaxy. A new way to reach out to those in need and offer their services as Jedi. A way to redeem the mistakes of their predecessors and of their own past. Avalore wasn't so sure.

"Ma'am, going to have to ask you to move to the viewing ramp."

Avalore blinked at the Uniformed man standing on the other side of the fence, "Sorry?"

"I need you to move to the designated safety zone with the rest of the visitors."

"Oh...I'm not a visitor, I'm a-" the word stuck in her mouth, "J-jedi."

He lofted a brow at her, which looked unusual given his alien facade, "Don't look like a Jedi to me."

"Well..." the Healer looked down at her outfit with a sigh. Should have seen this coming. Should have just gone with Stali the first time he asked, "I am. You'll just have to believe me."

"Uh huh, viewing ramp if you please."

"Avalore Eden," she said, "that's my name, if you just check your list it'll be on there."

"I'll check the list," he said, then pointed, "while you go wait on the viewing ramp."

It had been some time since Cyril had gotten involved in any serious sparring match. The totality of time spent in recent memories crossing blades was spent with apprentices. People who he was there to teach - not equals to test himself against. This would be a welcome change of pace, and help make sure these sparring chambers were adequate. Two birds with one stone.

His lightsaber hissed as its bright blue blade came to life. He waited to adopt anything similar to an opening stance; opting to probe around the area as Voidstalker had. There wasn't a soul to get in the way.

He could cut lose.

"I'll let you make the first move." He moved to adopt a defensive stance. "Don't want to end the duel too quickly." The Jedi Master grinned. It was all in jest, of course.

[member="Micah Talith"] [member="Vexen"]

Spontaneous, adventurous, impish, the Nagai-Firrereo was all these things. And while some long-ago friends were off getting mastered, she liked to take things a little slower and travel the space-lanes in a leisurely fashion, by stowing away. And eating lots of candy. And the snacks. And the fizzy-pop.

This time she was scrunched up in a little ball, stuffed in one of the galley lower cabinets, snacking on some powder-puff sugar-cakes. The ship was Kalee's Shadow. Maybe the force or intuition had lead the teen to sneak aboard. But most likely it was the snacks she managed to find in the galley that kept her there.

Unfortunately, the crinkle of the wrappings was a little loud. CRINKLE-CRINKLE-CRUNCH-CRUNCH.....lick, lick, lick.

[member="Ellifain Verrona"]
There was a slight rhythmic clicking sound of claws on the metallic deck. Then the lights would go down to bare minimum as a small dark shadow reached up to the light switch. Vexen preferred to avoid wearing her goggles whenever possible. Micah knew his ship well enough to not mind the darkness, but for some of the other brat pack members it had become bruised shin central.

The shame shadow, barely over a metre high would be almost invisible in the galley. The clicking stopped suddenly. Vexen could move without making a sound when she wished - particularly when something frightened her.

There was a growl from the shadows.

[member="Ellifain Verrona"] [member="Vexen"]

Micah was out by the cockpit. Jace had convinced him - bribed - into coming to Sullust and checking out what this Galactic Alliance was all about. Sitting in the pilot chair, he went through the post flight procedures, the whine of the engines fading into a low hum until it finally waned.

He was in casual attire, white shirt and dark pants. His hair was a tousled muck of 'justgotoutofbed' look, with the sunbleached forelocks constantly getting into his eyes. He'll likely have to trim it soon, he mused, running a hand through it to push the rebellion mop of hair back.

Bright orange eyes would shine with notable growing mischief at the thought of seeing his sister and his friends of old. The Talith was a laidback friendly individual, and getting back in touch with those that he grew up with was a pleasure he enjoyed.

Turning off the engines, he came to his feet. Bloodwalker boots would lightly take him out of the cockpit down to the corridor.

"Vex!? We're here!"

[member="Micah Talith"] [member="Vexen"]

Golden-lime eyes widened within the blackness of the cabinets. Was that a....growl? Midnight-green streaked haired head jerked upwards, forgetting the height of the cabinet she crouched in. There was a resounding THUMP followed by a high-pitched squeal. Hand clasped over her own shimmering lips as she jerked to the side and tumbled out of the cabinet and onto the galley-floor in the open.

"Ouch, ouch, ouch," a powder-puff doughnut rolled across the floor and stopped just shy of Vexen's paw. The little nymph lifted her head, still rubbing at that bruised-bump spot. She froze and stared at Vexen. "A plushie-puppy," whisper left her mouth as she squeeeeead in excitement.

[member="Ellifain Verrona"]

Vexen's eyes widened as the colourful little thing squealed at her. She hadn't been feeling anger as she growled, just fear. Now the intruder had leapt at her, all semblance of confidence melted. Hearing Micah's voice behind her, she turned and bolted. Her fur absorbed all visible light completely and she would appear little more than a fleeting shadow as she sped off in the direction of the sound.

Had she veered slightly to the left, she would have run right into Micah. As it was, he claws madly scrabbled as she tried to keep her footing. Her left claws grabbed his thigh as she spun about behind him. "There's a girl, a green one, in the galley!" she squealed, extending her right arm out and pointing ahead. She kept behind him like the natural coward she was.
[member="Micah Talith"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom