Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nothing? She wanted to protest, to tell him she could easily tell that it wasn't nothing. Instead she bit her lower lip, keeping her words in. Maybe if she gave him a few moments of silence he would remember that they were two people who could talk to each other. She had kept nothing back from him at any point; not just her confession on the bathroom floor, which, was sort of stupid to do. But beyond that. She told him time and time again what was on her mind, what her will was, what most of her hopes were. If he was not the same, she couldn't tell, because it felt true, it felt as though he was doing with her as she was with him regarding that.

She smiled when he kissed her, and then rolled onto his back. Not wanting to break their physical contact, she snuggled closely, finding her natural place in the rook of his arm. She never wanted to leave it.

And then he at last voiced his concern. Scherezade didn't need him to add more than that to understand his fear regarding Endelaan.

"It's not," she tried to reassure him, her fingers gingerly going up and down his torso, wanting to touch him, needing to touch him, "Endelaan is not a perfect place. There are many things we've talked about though that are completely different there than they are on Stewjon, or even within the Confederacy."

Would that be enough to assure him? She somehow doubted that.

"Endelaan has had its fair share of power struggles, of needlessly spilled blood," she began, "the current set up of Endelaan exists of four main tribes. Vashti, Manasseh, Moab, and Zeresh," and I want to add a fifth but I don't want to tell you about it yet, "There used to be more. A long time ago, clan Zeresh ruled the clans. But when my mother claimed her place as Queen there, Zeresh was small, and almost nothing. But something had shifted within Zeresh. The people who once had the most pull on the planet had become fearful little things, unable to properly take care of themselves. They became social pariahs, unwanted and undesired by the other clans, for reasons that I'm not going to go into now. They developed... Certain superstitions.

After being mostly secluded for a few centuries, something shifted in them. In the past, they had sent their Force Users to Clan Vashti, the current strongest clan, for proper training and for a chance at a better life than their meager clan could provide. But someone noticed that these had ceased entirely. It had been decades since last a Force User emerged from Zeresh. So when my mother went to investigate, she discovered that there was a reason for that. In their blindness, Zeresh blamed the Force Users for their ill luck, blamed those who were Force Users for it. When children began to show their talents with the Force, and on Endelaan there are many people who have that, Zeresh murdered them and his their bones beneath the grounds."

It was not a fun story. It was not even a story that she knew because of her grandmother. It had been Verberri who told her that. Verberri, who was among the last of the children to make it out of Zeresh, by luck of being so sick and her face so infected that she had lost her eyes, that she had been sent to Vashti for medical care. Only after treatment did her powers become known, and her life saved.

"My mother raged when she discovered what they had done," she continued, "Her views on children are... She believes children are almost sacred. She wanted to have lots of them. Because of the circumstances of mine and Brayden's birth, she never did, and never will."

The pain came through with that last sentence. Scherezade knew she was meant to have many siblings, not just Brayden. She also knew she had none besides him. Her mother had gotten pregnant too early, had given birth on a planet that had limited medical resources. She had also been hit by a Sith woman who ruined her reproductive system entirely. The fact that she had gotten pregnant at all was a miracle. And then Scherezae and Brayden had insisted on coming out embracing each other.

Scherezade felt a pang of guilt over it, even though it had not been her direct doing, even though she was not the one who had turned her mother's womb to ash.

"She was also a Necromancer, among other things," Scherezade continued, swallowing back the pain, "she found the bones of the children. Hundreds of them. She raised their skeletons and placed them around the clan's territory, forming a wall of children that could not be broken. She cursed them for a few generations. Any who did not have abilities with the Force and tried to leave would be shredded apart immediately. Only Force Users could leave. Skeletons regularly walked through the clan, looking for signs of abuse. She would have none of it. Any who did as much as raise a hand against a child would find their death."

Scherezade raised herself a little and kissed Gerwald's shoulder.

"So no, Endelaan is far from perfect," she resumed, "mistakes on Endelaan are made. You can't run a planet without making them. You can't even run a household without making them. But there are core believes that reside on Endelaan, and those will never be broken without consequences, and that is that those who wield the Force are important, regardles of their blood line. Power, strength, whether physical or not, are respected. It's what they understand. The story of Zeresh served to remind those who had dared forget it."

She was smiling now, grinning widely, "and you would be more than welcome there. You are strong, Gerwald. There is raw strength and power in you that the training on Stewjon did not uncover. Endelaan respects people for what they are, not where they were born to or who their parents are.They would take one sniff at you and know you for what you are. Lupine. Powerful. Strong. Scar bearing." Her fingers ran along the scars that decorated his naked body. He was a Warrior, like she was. He had them. Each one told a story, each one was a lesson learned. "Tall, handsome," she continued, completely delving into the personal aspects that no one on Endelaan save for her would care about, "the safest embraces in the 'verse..." she resumed, kissing his shoulder again.

"The Knights will help you uncover some of it," she forced herself back to reality, "I will help you uncover some of it. But you will walk the galaxy and find more than that. Your freedom does not end with being an equal among the Confederacy, Gerwald, nor does it with end with you being comfortable both as man and wolf. Your freedom merely starts with it."

[member="Gerwald Lechner"]

Relationship Status: It's Complicated
Endelaan was not perfect, and the story about what the one tribe did to force users bothered him. What bothered him even more was how her mother handled it. Punishing one group for their treatment of another was the same evil that he had escaped from Stewjon. His mind wanted to protest so much. How was this right. Certainly he would have never would have done that. He would have killed the offenders, but he was very unsure about the necromancer thing.

”That’s... that’s no better than Stewjon,” he said quietly.

As a warrior he’d be preferred, but what about those who were not warriors. Those who could not fight or use the force, were they inferior? No, Endelaan did not sound like the place he wanted to visit, not under those circumstances. Perhaps it was because his siblings were still on Stewjon, or perhaps it was because he was so bothered by what he’d just heard, but he did not like the idea of anyone being treated as inferior, even if it was deserved.

”So I would be accepted because of what I am? How does that make things any different than where I just left? Your blind whatever she is... it was clear there is something underneath that you have told me about. It was almost like it wasn’t... proper, my being with you. I want to see where you are from, but for right now... that’s all. The Confederacy is where I want to be. It’s what I’ve chosen, and that may change, but that’s where you are, and it’s where Katrine is.”

Ger never stopped running his hand along Scherezades back, and his tone was gentle. If they were going to be open about how they felt right now then he was going to be frank about it all.

”You’re royalty there, and while know I would be respected all I want is something simple. I want something I can call my own. That’s something I will have to find, and I’ll explore everything the Galaxy can offer to find that. Endelaan, Stewjon, Ryloth, Figaro Favoura VII, these are places and destinations where I maybe I will find what I’ve been looking for, or are connected to my life in some way.”

Gerwald kissed the top of her head.

”When the time is right we will go, but there is so much to uncover until then, and siblings to return for...”

[member="Scherezade deWinter"]

Scherezade wanted to protest when he said it was no better than Stewjon. Had she explained it wrong, then? If that was his conclusion, she must have said the wrong thing, perhaps constructed a bad sentence. How could he not see that this was completely different? It seemed that her story had done the opposite of her intentions. She had wanted to excite him about it, not turn him off from the idea.

He was being gentle, she realized. He was forming his words in a way that showed her he did not want to let her down, but still be honest. She appreciated that. She appreciated that more than she could convey to him.

A small voice in the back of her mind send her thoughts flying though. What if he saw Endelaan, saw it truly, and did not like it? What if him loving her would include a part that did not include loving Endelaan? What if... What if him loving her the way she loved him might mean that she would not... Would have to leave Endelaan behind her? Would that even be possible? There had been generation skips in the family before, when the children of the rulers had no wish to become such themselves. She didn't even know if she ever wanted to be the Queen. But she did know that if she wanted to be a Queen, there was no one else she could ever want as a King. But... What if it led to the opposite? What if the Great Web had a split that would lead to such a choice needing to be made?

Scherezade closed her eyes and inhaled him again, using his scent to calm her thoughts down. It was stupid to think about it, she reasoned with herself. He had not said he loved her back. Any thoughts of a future that contained more than what he had promised her was speculation at best, because even if he did love her, his choices might not lead them to what both of them might want together. And even if he did love her the way she loved him, there was nothing to give up, because she had nothing that she could give up at all. She had nothing other than a handful of plans and a few knives underneath her clothes. Royalty or not, she was as naked to the galaxy as naked could come.

She purred when he kissed the top of her head, relaxing into his body, melting into his caresses on her back.

"Your siblings come first," she finally said with a smile, looking at him again, "I meant every word I said. You can use my ship, you can house them in my other ship. The rest will come after that."

Her hand finally left his abdomen, moving up to play with his hair. She let the ends curl around her fingers first before trailing up, running in lazy circles. She loved to touch him. She needed to touch him. How could she ever tell him how his mere presence next to her affected her? Once more she found her vocabulary lacking.

"I meant the other stuff too," she resumed, "I showed you a projection of the galaxy yesterday. I told you it was yours for the taking." And she wanted to be there when he took it all. She wanted to see his eyes light up as he took new sights in, realized he could do all sorts of things. "Whatever connections you might have to those places, to other places, I want to help you find them. Or create them."

She had to change the subject before she ran her mouth again, saying things that were not meant to be said yet.

"Every place in this galaxy will accept or reject you because of how it perceives you to be," she finally said, trying to form her thoughts into coherent words, "even the Confederacy. Different planets get different treatments, different people are treated differently." They had already covered that part earlier. For the CIS, Scherezade was the cheapest sort of meat shield they could hold while maintaining their mandate for the public to see. She wanted to tell him that in the eyes of the CIS, she was inferior to him, but there were words she was not ready to voice yet, not even to herself.

And there was something very important that had to be said.

"There is absolutely nothing improper about you being with me, or the other way around. Nothing!" her tone was kept cool, but the insides of her raged that he could think it, "I don't ever want you to think otherwise, not for an instant."

This time she had to move. She couldn't keep laying there, being idle. Within an instant she was sitting on top of him again, her hair cascading around her face and down, the ends of it tickling his skin.

"Gerwald, I am here because I want to be here, with you," she said, taking his hands into hers "and I'm kinda sure that's why you're here as well. Verrberri can't change that. She's a tough person, and she's entitled to her opinions, whatever those may be, and I don't even know what her opinions are because I don't know if she thinks it's improper or she just hates everyone who isn't my mother. Me being royalty on some backwater planet is just as important as you being from a farmer caste turned warrior on Stewjon, meaning it's not. It's part of us, sure, but we make our own choices, just like you're choosing to be in the Confederacy. We are equals, Gerwald, and I would never have it any other way."

Scherezade took a deep breath. She needed his scent again to calm herself down before she started screaming that Verberri be damned. She loved him. She loved everything about him, the bad along with the good. And she wanted him to love her the way she loved him. An she supposed... That gave her the answer regarding earlier thoughts. More things that she was not ready to say yet, not before he could say that he loved her.

"So after the mission, we're going to get your siblings," she added, kissing his hands, "and I am at your disposal. I will do whatever I can to help you help them unlearn a lot of the wrong things that Stewjon had taught them. To make them understand the freedom you have, and that they can have it too. And if you want me to be there when you uncover things, discover things, build things... I'll always be there, and I'll be there with a big goofy smile and a bunch of knives for whatever the need may be." Because there was no other places she wanted to be.

"Always, they will always have to after what I did by running out on them... and for what... a life they should have been given, and to follow Katrine, another Lupine... I was being selfish, but to have thought you were alone your entire life and to find that was wrong... To know there is another of your kind out there, and that there could be..."

Gerwald stopped. No amount of berating himself over what he had done was going to get his siblings back, and it was not going to get them back to the ship. They needed to leave.

His weight shifted, and as much as he appreciated what Scherezade was trying to do, and say, they needed action now. The mission she had signed up for was not going to wait for her. His siblings still needed to be found. They had spent enough time on floors and in the grass talking of what could be. It was time to make what could be, and that began with finding his siblings. It also began with getting answers about his family, and to do that, he needed to see Katrine. She was the only one who had those answers.

He used the force to gather his clothing, and helped Scherezade off of him as she moved to get up. He kissed her nose.

"We had better get moving then. None of this will happen if we just lay around enjoying each other."

A smile pulled at his lips. He had enjoyed his time with her, but it was clear his mind was occupied by the matters they had just discussed, and he would not rest until they were resolved. Gerwald Lechner was ready to move, ready to do what he should have done already. The galaxy was his to take, he had seen a future, and it was time to make it.

"Let's head back to Ryloth... the sooner this is over, the sooner we can leave for Stewjon."

Scherezade's face turned red at the mention of following Katrine. She looked at Gerwald, her throat dry, trying to find the words to explain why she thought his words were so wrong. But he stopped himself before he said worse things, even though there was enough self berating in there, and he helped her find her clothes. She sighed, not wanting the moment to be over. There were too many things left unsaid, too many things left undone.

"There's more than enough time until the mission," she eventually said with a smile, "we leave tonight, but we don't have to leave immediately. There's still more than enough time."

Taking his hand, she entwined her fingers in his, leaning into his (sadly, dressed) body, taking his scent in. She loved that scent. She wanted it near her so much. But there were missions to do, and then there were siblings to rescue, and she couldn't assume that it would be possible to be together the entire time even if both sides wanted it. Temporary separations would always happen, no matter what. But it didn't mean she couldn't try to make the most of the time they did have.

The two began their walk back to the speeder.

"I don't like that you said follow Katrine," she said, deciding to try to explain matters anyway, "you should definitely talk to her. She should meet your siblings. You should meet hers as well. But just because she'd been out there more, doesn't mean you or your siblings need to follow her. Friendship is more important than leadership in some cases, and I think this is one of those cases. I think... I think that should be a more important thing to strive for. The Galaxy is full of people that desire to lead or be lead, but true friendships are a rare thing."

She paused their walk to hug him again, her hands coming up to play at the roots of his hair. Force, she loved to touch him.

Please, Gerwald. Please love me the way I love you.

"And you need to stop with the self berating," she added with a delicious smile, "mistakes are going to get fixed. But if you keep guilting and self berating, I'm going to have to stab you and I'd really rather not. So please, Do me a favor.... Stop doing that to yourself."

And with that, she leaned in for a kiss.

Scherezade had not understood. There were more than one way to use the world follow. It bothered her that he used the word in any extent most likely, but it was the truth. He had followed Katrine, and if Scherezade only knew that she was to inherit her father’s throne one day... Gerwald would always be following Katrine in one form of another.

”I didn’t mean in leadership. I followed her off Stewjon. I was going to leave regardless, but when I met her... another of my kind... it changed my whole world, my existence. Meeting her, the fact she existed meant my entire life up to ththat point was a lie, and I had to know the truth. I was compelled, driven... I had to leave with her. She still has answers, and the pull still has weight. I have to know...”

There needed to be an understanding that Katrine didn’t have some kind of power over Gerwald in the sense that he was blindly following her. Scherezade needed to understand that Katrine was his only hope of learning who he really was. As much as she wanted to help him discover that, she could not help him know what it meant to be a Lupine. It wasn’t fair, but it was reality. Reality was never as fair as any ideal.

She wanted him to stop berating himself, and he nodded. She was right, but Gerwald still was going to feel the weight of his mistake until his siblings were off Stewjon. Had he known then what he did now he would not have left without them. Ger sighed and squeezed her hand.

”Just a while linger and then I’ll stop... I promise.”

Scherezade nodded at Gerwald's explanation. She had taken the word 'follow' too literally then. But still, there were things she did not understand. He knew the truth now, that his family was not the last Lupine family in the 'verse. But what other answers were there that he was looking for? Specific family things could be discovered by blood and... No. She shook her head to herself. She didn't know if this was territory she was even allowed to approach. Whatever insecurities she had about the amount of times Katrine was being mentioned, it was her own problem. Gerwald had been honest with her, and Gerwald had made promises, and Gerwald was behaving in ways that supported her earlier conclusion. And then there was that whole Lupine thing. She thought she got it, she thought she had made Gerwald understand that she did with her words earlier and his reactions to that. If there was more for him to discover, if there was more than just this that would affect him, his life, his siblings... He had to know. She would never dream of getting in the way of that.

"You will know everything," she said quietly, "sooner or later, you will discover all the answers you need. And if you need help, or just to hash your thoughts out with a neutral person for different perspectives..." she burst into laughter at that statement, "okay, not really neutral, but at least neutral in terms of Lupine experiences," that sounded better. She hoped. "I'll always be here for you. Even if it's just a shoulder you need."

She squeezes his and back.

"Only a tiny bit longer," she said. He had to get it out of his system. But she was still going to stab him if he took it too far. Not a lethal stab, of course. "So how about you finally tell me about your siblings?" she grinned, "what are they like?"

For a split of a moment, she felt a pang of jealousy. Gerwald had made a mistake with leaving his siblings behind, but he got to live with his siblings. He had had a lifetime with the, knew them, and they knew him. Not having Brayden in her life felt like a missing limb. She wanted to know more about his siblings, to know more about what it was like to actively have them, and not just the knowledge that they existed, somewhere.

She wanted to know about his siblings. He knew that question was coming soon. A shrug was offered as they kept walking along. How was he was supposed to describe them to her.

"They are... shorter than me," he teased as he turned and stuck his tongue out at her. Gerwald enjoyed teasing her, and it was clear their relationship was much more than a physical one, though they were plenty physical. Still, he couldn't exactly put his finger on it, and that bothered him a bit.

"Varick is a warrior like me. He is older and knows it... walks about like an alpha male all the time. We are close so I put up with it, but in truth I'm bigger and stronger, there just hasn't been a reason to prove it to him. He trains a lot of the warriors we have on Stewjon these days. When the night terrors started to attack, we had to teach our men to be fierce. So many of them were afraid, and we may have been too, but the wolves inside us were biting at the bit to be released and fight the threat which came to us. Without the Confederacy, they would have overtaken us, but our deaths would have been glorious."

Ger frowned. The last thing he wanted to do was plant the idea of his death in Scherezade's mind, and yet he had said it. He was a warrior though, and every good warrior not only thought about how to win and survive, but they also thought about the moment that they may fall in battle. Gerwald knew if that day ever came for him, he wanted it to be the thing of songs.

"Alwine she is a vicious as she is beautiful. That one is never to be underestimated. She will tear your throat out faster than you can blink, and not think twice about it. I don't care how petite she is, the girl is by far the most resilient out of the three of us. She is going to be the most upset that took off like I did, and she's going to be angry with Katrine for taking me... even though I was going to leave regardless. It just... sealed the decision. You would like her the most I think. You two are similar in a way."

He wasn't sure if that was what she wanted to hear, but he had shared it anyway.

At last, he began to talk about his siblings. The first mention was that they were shorter than him, and to that Scherezade could only grin. It wasn't too hard to imagine it; he was a tall man, even if not that much taller than her. She had to stop herself from responding to that tongue that he stuck out other than giving a small laughter, noting to make sure later to make him pay for it in other ways.

Next came the description of his brother, Varick. Scherezade knew she'd never forget the names, never forget anything important Gerwald was telling her. She grinned again when Gerwald mentioned a glorious death. Perhaps that was not the reaction he'd been expecting, but that was what he was going to get right now. They had been morbid about hers not too long ago, now they got to be about his. Besides, what better death was there than in battle? The idea of death of age was... Well, to be frank, it was not something she actually concerned herself with. She was a deWinter, for good and bad, and part of the good meant that for her, it would probably mean that it would just be an inconvenience she could choose whether or not she wanted to deal with, assuming it happened after she was trained enough. It was something that was extended to those who were other halves, husbands, mates, whatever you wanted to call them, but... Yeah, she was definitely not going to mention that right now in any way, shape or form. Not when he still couldn't say it. She was going to be practicing patience for a while.

Next came his sister. From Gerwald's description, if he hadn't mentioned the word petite, Scherezade would have imagined a sister almost as tall and a wide as he was. She wasn't quite sure how Alwine and she were supposed to be similar in any way, but Gerwald was right; at least based on the descriptions alone, she already like her. Maybe... Maybe they could even be friends, after they got them off that stupid planet. She'd already promised Gerwald he'd have everything she had at his disposal, not just to rescue them, but to house them as well. Hopefully, that would open a door between his siblings and her. She wanted to help, felt like she could lower their anger at him. But it would probably take time.

"They sound wonderful," she replied with a genuine smile, "I can't wait to meet them. We could pause after the mission to stock the ship with some of their favorite foods in advance, make sure they have all the comforts ready in place. It's harder to be angry with a good meal in your stomach."

She was trying to lighten the load on what would probably be a devastating moment. She couldn't imagine how Varick and Alwine must feel, being abandoned like that. Gerwald had made a huge mistake by leaving them there the way that he did, even if he was going to leave anyway. Scherezade was happy that he had the intent to make it right. She'd be even more proud of him once they were actually there an he did more than merely talk about making it right.

"How do you know you're stronger than you brother if you haven't fought each other?" she suddenly asked, grinning from cheek to cheek, "at least, that's what I think I got from what you said. Did you arm wrestle or something?" Obviously, even if Gerwald's assessment was wrong, he'd currently be the stronger brother. He'd not only had physical training, but Force training as well. Still, it was a curious thing to mention.

And still, even though the moment was about Gerwald and not about her, she felt a small pang of jealousy. Gerwald, for better or worse, knew his siblings. He had words that he could say about them, beyond just "they're my siblings". She wanted to be able to say the same about Brayden. Talk for a few seconds about what he was like. But in truth, she did not know. All she knew was how they behave together as babies, before they split. What had the years done to him? She shook her head to herself, hoping that whatever they had, it was good. Better than hers, at least.

They finished the downhill back to the speeder. It was time to go home. This time, she'd sit behind Gerwald. She wanted to hold on to him and stick her nose into his back while they drove. While going on missions, stupid as they were, was something she loved, she didn't want their trip to Coruscant to end already. They'd had two wonderful days. It almost hurt to know they were about to be up. The next time they'd see each other after that was going to be the mission, and then it was going to be time to get his siblings out. While Gerwald would be dealing with them, she'd be taking steps back to give him and them space. Grabbing his free time the way she'd been doing thus while he had things to fix with them was not part of her plans. Family, the good kind of family, was too important.

Scherezade looked at Gerwald and couldn't do anything else but smile.

"There are just times as a warrior you know something when it comes to your opponent or potential opponent. I've never had a reason to prove it, nor am I looking for one, but I am bigger than Varick, and I am stronger. That doesn't mean I'm smarter or faster... it's just what it is."

Warriors had to know those things otherwise it could be the difference of keeping their life or not. It was the one thing that Scherezade knew herself as a fighter. Though she was often more a pin cushion. Ger knew there was no telling her to be more careful, or to learn how to better defend herself. She was going to continue to do what she was doing, and when she finally realized it for herself, then she would do something about it. There were not many more places to harm her either. She already bore more scars than anyone should no matter what their age and still live. All the bacta on her ship was almost used up too.

He climbed onto the speeder. This time he was going to drive, and Scherezade had her arms wrapped around him. He head pressed against his back, and he smiled. This was a feeling he liked. Of course he knew where they needed to go. It was time for them to find her ship and head back to Ryloth where they had been staying. From Ryloth, they would be meeting up with the team for another mission, at least Scherezade would be, and Gerwald would be seeking some answers unless she was going to need him to save her butt again.

He sighed as the speeder veered off toward the spaceport where her ship was docked. It was back to the reality of who they were to the Confederacy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom