Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A good day to die

Without speaking, Balthazaar charged at the Jedi and knocked him hard in the head with his lightsaber, aiming to cause even more pain whee the crack was. "You would rather endure pain that kill your enemy?! You are a fool."

@[member="Joshua DragonsFlame"]

"I see no honor in killing a maimed opponent" DragonsFlame stated coldly as he managed to grab the hilt of the pike before he could bring it down on his head. He pushed it against the Wookiee, the signs of holding back now gone as he legitimately attempted to overpower his opponent with his strength.

With enough distance gained, Josh drew his lightsaber and let go of the pike, slamming the pommel down onto the pike's hilt hard enough to nearly tear it from the Wookiee's grasp. If he held on, it would leave an opening for Josh to curl his free hand into a fist and nail the Wookiee with a hard, resounding punch in the jaw that would send even the creature flying just a bit.

Sometimes, you need to be careful what you wish for.

@[member="Balthazaar"]

Refusing to give up the weapon, Balthazaar was knocked back by the blow. He would not relent, however. Stabbing upward, he intended to gut the kid through, leaving only ash where his heart was.

Quickly, as he slashed at him, Josh rolled out of the way, his fingers being cut into and bleeding as he gripped the floor below him to change the direction he was going, before standing up, behind the Wookiee and pulling a leaping spinning slash at the Wookiee's back.

@[member="Balthazaar"]

A low gasp escaped the wookiee's muzzle as he fell to his knees. The lightsaber had dug a deep gash in his back, and had done serious damage. He fell to the floor in a heap, his breathing tagged and clumsy.

Josh shook his head as he landed on his feet and looked down at the Wookiee.

"It's over" he said, taking advantage of the situation to siffle through the weakened Wookiee's pack, using the Force to find the files he had stolen. Retrieving them, Josh put them away. He looked down at his opponent and walked over to where he faced in front of him.

"You fought with honor, my friend" he said. "The least I can do is let you live to fight another day"

He held out a hand to help up the Sith Wookiee, almost fully expecting him to lash out and attack. And that, he was prepared for.

@[member="Balthazaar"]

Balthazaar simply shook his head slowly and smiled. The blow was a fatal one, and he was dying. "I fought honorably. That is all that matters. You are a noble Jedi, perhaps they will learn from your ways."

Josh sighed. "Let me heal you" he said as he focused into the Force.... The Wookiee didn't deserve to die, in his eyes. Nobody did. If he could save a life, no matter who it was, he would do it.

"Don't give out on me now..." he muttered as he put all his efforts into trying to heal the Wookiee. Sadly, his healing skills were subpar, and he would likely only buy the Wookiee time to heal himself if he wished it. The Jedi silently cursed to himself for not getting trained very much in this field on his own time...

@[member="Balthazaar"]

Even if he could heal himself, the giant furball would decide against it. "Take good care of your order, Jedi... The Sith are..." He coughed a few times, struggling for breath. "The Sith..." He couldn't finish his sentence. It was too late. Falling back to the ground, Balthazaar took his last breath on the barren world of Genosis.

Josh gritted his teeth as he felt the Wookiee's life force fade away... He was too late, he couldn't stop the death of his honorable adversary.

Sighing, he picked up the two lightsabers the Wookiee had carried, both the pike and the golden saber, pocketing them both in his robes. "You won't need these" he said calmly, staring at the Wookiee sadly. "You deserve to die a warrior, not a Sith.... Taking these symbols is the least I can do.." he whispered.

As Josh turned to leave, he looked back at the Wookiee. Something spurred him on as an idea hit the Jedi....

An hour later, Josh stood in front of a large unlit bonfire. Using materials he had in his pack, Josh had crafted a large bonfire just like the ones made for Jedi funerals. The burial of a warrior.

Josh stared mournfully at his creation, before he heaved the body of the Wookiee onto one shoulder with his strength. Even in death, the damned thing was much heavier then it looked...

And with a great heave, Josh placed the body of @[member="Balthazaar"] onto the massive firepit. It was here the Jedi had seconds thoughts for a moment... Was it right to burn the Wookiee's body? He had never done this funeral, this burial before... But he knew the respect it carried. He knew that after a duel like that, it was the honorable thing. Unlike many Sith, this one had died with honor, and deserved it.

Finally, Josh gritted his teeth before he clenched his fist, his left hand igniting in flames. With a heavy heart, the Jedi Guardian slowly walked to the firewood, and placed the hand on it. Flames began to lick at the wood and soon enough the entire thing caught fire...

It was done... The cremation and body burning unfolded in front of the Jedi... Even if @[member="Balthazaar"] was not a Jedi... No... Far from one... He died like one. Like a warrior with honor and respect, and for that, this was the final respect the Jedi could give him...

"Je suis désolé, il a dû en arriver là. Vous avez combattu avec honneur, monsieur Wookiee. Et pour cela, je vous donne l'un des plus grands honneurs qu'un guerrier peut donner à un autre. Puisse votre âme reposer à jamais dans la Force, et que tes camarades et proches savent que peu importe où ils peuvent aller, vous sera toujours avec eux dans la Force...." Josh whispered, in a variation of Basic that he remembered his father speaking when he was a young child... And one he later learned himself.

"I am sorry it had to come to this. You fought with honor, sir Wookiee. And for that, I give you one of the highest honors that a warrior may give to another. May your soul forever rest within the Force, and may your comrades and loved ones know that no matter where they may go, you will forever be with them within the Force..." he repeated, in actual Basic this time, as if speaking to someone... The Force perhaps..."

"Rest in peace....."

As the body burned, DragonsFlame stared with sorrow and regret into the fire for hours on end, partially blaming himself....

End Of Thread.

@[member="Balthazaar"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom