Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A good day to die

Somewhere on the dessert landscape of Genosis, a wookiee walked among the ruins of an old command center. According to Sith masters, it was what remained of a stronghold from the clone war era. He was sent alone to investigate the area, to see what exactly was left of the time period. Walking inside, Balthazaar could see a small meeting room, with a desk in the center, containing a holographic display monitor. There seemed to be a message. No, instead it housed files. The majority of them contained a directive titles 'Order 66.' Interesting. He began to dig further.

@[member="Joshua DragonsFlame"]

Josh walked into the command center, after being dispatched to see what he could find on Genosis. The Council had found energy readings, possible treasures or files that were located at a command center somewhere on the planet...

And with that, Josh looked around, the Weaponmaster's eyes darting everywhere to see if there was anything he could find there...

And then his eyes saw a wookiee. Not just any wookiee, it looked vicious, and it carried a lightsaber on it's belt. Seeing as Josh was behind it, it likely hadn't seen him yet, but probably would using the Force within a few moments.

That's when Josh noticed the Wookiee was looking at something on the screen... Peering at it, Josh realized they were... Files! Likely important ones as well, evidenced by what he had garnered from it.

@[member="Balthazaar"]

(OOC: He has a lightsaber pike, which hangs on his back)

As Balthazar began to pry into the files, he found that Order 66 was directed by the Chancellor of the time. The order was one of a mass scale; for the Republic's clone army to kill off all jedi. "Interesting...", came a low, rumbling voice from the wookiee. It was obvious now to him why the Sith wanted this information so badly. The Chancellor was a Sith emperor, rising in the senate for many years. It must have taken a great deal of power to conceal himself from the Jedi. Downloading the files onto a small datacron, he was about to move on when he felt a shift in the force. He was being watched. Slowly, he turned around...

The Jedi smirked a bit as the Wookiee looked at him. He cracked his neck, his fingers dipping to his lightsaber but not igniting it...

"I think you know why I'm here" he said with a slight smile, motioning toward the files. "I don't want any violence, but these are Jedi and Republic property. Order 66 was enacted by the Chancellor of the Republic, and these are Republic records, even if the current Chancellor was secretly a Sith..."

"Just let me do this. We don't have to fight. I'll take the files and leave you be, and you can have whatever else you find, since the files are enough for me" he said.

@[member="Balthazaar"]

The wookiee stepped forward, his mane shimmering in the dim light of the building. He saw the Jedi's hand reach for his lightsaber, which told him enough. "You seem to know an awful lot about the event already. Why don't you run along now with your republic friends. I'll take this into proper custody. It is my duty as a scientist, after all." Balthazar let his defenses rise, just in case things went south. Sure, he would rather negotiate, but it was obvious the way things were going by now.

Josh didn't ignite the saber just yet. He smirked a bit.

"I do, but I can read that from here... That's official files from the event that belong to us. Proper custody for you, by what I can sense... Is the Sith. And it doesn't belong to them" he said calmly, yet firmly.

@[member="Balthazaar"]

"You refuse to listen to reason." Balthazaar sighed, or at least what sounded like a sigh; you could never tell coming from a wookiee. "I see there is no way to convince you to step down, so I must resort to violence." Reaching behind him, he pulled a lightsaber pike from its sheath, igniting it. As the crimson blade glowed softly, he stayed still, as if waiting for the jedi to attack. He was at least that respectful, to let his opponent be ready before a duel.

Josh sighs. "I am listening to reason" he said as he ignited his lightsaber. The dark blue blade hummed as the Jedi shook his head. "What do you want then, in exchange for the files?" he asked. Josh wasn't as quick to resort to violence as his opponent, though he wondered if the wookiee, like many Sith, was so far gone that he had a warped perspective on the situation...

He kept his lightsaber at the ready, prepared for if the Sith decided violence over reason.

@[member="Balthazaar"]

"What reason is there, when you continue to ask for the files? No, They are not yours. They belong in the hands of the Sith, where they will be studied and looked after properly. The Republic would lock them away; keep the knowledge away from everyone." Balthazaar set his pike on the ground like a staff. "You will not have them."

"I ask for the files, because they're Republic property. They were written by the Republic, and stored in a command center of the Republic, regardless of who was Chancellor" he said calmly, his eyes never leaving the wookiee.

"I'm not going to kill needlessly. It's not the Jedi way" he said as he shook his head. "What exactly do you want with those files? They have no meaning to the Sith"

"For us, that's files from the Republic's history. And for me personally... A part of the Jedi's history. Order 66"

@[member="Balthazaar"]

"Order 66 was issued by Emperor Sidious. That alone entitles it to the Sith. The Jedi at the time were getting out of hand. I don't say this because I am against them, either." The wookiee stepped more over to the knight. "The Jedi were cold, calculating, and ruthless. Hypocrites against their own teachings. They needed to be cut down. Must I also mention that it was a sith who eventually brought balance to both Jedi and Sith?"

"Only a Sith would think that" he said as his eyes trained on the wookiee. "You sound like you're describing the Sith, not the Jedi. How would you, a Sith, know what the Jedi were like in ages long past, when cold, calculating and ruthless has been the Sith's MO since day one?" he asked.

"Order 66 was issued by Chancellor Palpatine. That was his identity at the time. Emperor Sidious did not become the public name until AFTER Order 66" he corrected. "Therefore, it was issued by the corrupt Republic leader, secret identity or not"

"And if I remember correctly... It was a Jedi Knight, and later the Jedi Grandmaster that brought balance, with the help of a Sith Lord who was forced to the dark side originally by said Emperor"

@[member="Balthazaar"]

"According to Sith historians, it was that very jedi-turned-sith that killed the emperor, his master. The Jedi you speak of created his new order only after that." Balthazaar smiled a little at the conversation. He liked this jedi, he knew his history well. "Look, i've been around since your grandfather was in diapers. I have the more experience here. You're a good historian, but that's all. I'll be leaving now." He looked at his saber for a few seconds, as if contemplating what to do. He really didn't wish to end this violently, his words were only a bluff, which the jedi seemed to have caught on to. Turning off his pike, he turned and began to leave the place,

Josh didn't budge at the entrance, blocking the Sith's way out. "I'm not leaving without the files" he said. "I'd prefer to come to a compromise... And yes, it was said Sith Lord who did. Seeing as said Sith Lord was the reason for his wife being killed, and wanted to kill his son after lying to him and then trying to turn on him after all these years... No surprise. But it was along with said Grandmaster that he did so" he said.

"You refuse to answer me. What do you want for the files?"

@[member="Balthazaar"]

"As I said, I intend to study them." Balthazaar was getting tired of the constant questions. Shoving the jedi aside, he continued to walk to the entrance.

And the second he shoved him, Josh shoved right back. Gently but firmly. He didn't budge, unintimidated by the wookiee.

"As do I. And then they're going where they belong" he said. He could hear Aleidis's cries of "IT BELONGS IN A MUSEUM" in his mind, a smirk crossing his face at the thought.

@[member="Balthazaar"]

Balthazaar sighed and faced the jedi once more. "Look, you're a smart one. That much I can tell. How about you use that clever brain of yours and back away now, before you wind up doing something you'll regret."

"Why don't you make me?" the Jedi challenged, clearly not one to be intimidated. He didn't want to fight, he just hoped the Sith was smart enough to back down instead of attacking. Trying to match the Council's Weaponmaster in a duel was a very dumb thing to do.

@[member="Balthazaar"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom