Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Ghost From the Past

The Reaper of Won Shasot
The Azalea dropped out of hyperspace, the streaks of light coalescing into the surrounding stars, a dark void in the speckled canvas where the planet of Won Shasot hung in space.

The slight unease that used to sweep over Dax when he'd first arrived on the planet had faded with time. No longer did Dax find the strong Dark-Side presence of the planet to be a bother. Too much time on the world had attuned him to it.

Athena, the Kuskuri that had been lying at his feet, stood up, head swiveling in the direction of the planet, sensing her home in the far off distance. "Welcome back brother."

[member="Nate Phantoms"]

Scoffing, he picked up his cloak, his ranger walk leading him to the boarding ramp. "This is far from my home Dax." Once again wrapped in his cloak, he mentally prepared him self for the dark planet. And come to think of it, maybe a ship full of dead crewmembers, It had been two years.

[member="Dax Fyre"]

The Reaper of Won Shasot
Dax watched his friend walk away for a moment before finally pushing himself up, out of his chair, and following close behind him. "Your ship is still docked in the hangar, right where you left. I don't know where your crew went though. After you disappeared I figured the crew would go do their own things." the Rogue said as the two stepped onto the damp metal, fog already moving in to surround them.

[member="Nate Phantoms"]

Mentally, he checked off all but a few, he wouldn't have expected all of his crew to remain on the ship, but there were a few who might have. His first mate without a doubt would still be present, her well being however, he couldn't be sure. Entering the hanger, his ship stood in one of the few rays of light, it's sleek black and gold figure sending a feeling of nostalgia through him.

"Well, she looks good." Unintentionally, his hand had slipped down to his hip, reaching up to lower the boarding ramp.

[member="Dax Fyre"]

The Reaper of Won Shasot
The Rogue nodded silently and followed alongside the bounty hunter as the boarding ramp lowered, revealing the interior of the vessel. As the ship opened up to take in the two men, Dax realized he'd actually never been inside the Heaven's Bane before. A rather stray thought considering every thing else that was suddenly on the man's mind.

"Well, you gonna invite me in or just make me stand here." Dax said sarcastically, a hint of his usual mirth buried in the words.

[member="Nate Phantoms"]

Grunting, he ignored the question for the most part, at least for w few seconds. Head tilted to the side, his trained ears picking up nothing but the sound of running electronics.

Running?

"Shut up and get in." Freeing his pistol from its confines, he strode through the hallways and corridors, his black combat boots making close to little noise even as he ranger walked briskly. The lights flickered momentarily, a shout being heard from ahead. And it was definitely female. Turning the corner his flaming eyes scanned the oddly pristine bridge, buttons and lights flashing. There lay a gray clad form, her upper half under one of the main control panels.

He had hardly began to open his mouth before a he was looking down the barrel of a rather quickly drawn blaster pistol, the wielder not even bothering to look at who she was pointing it at. "Careful there stranger." His eyebrow raised at her words before he cleared his throat, speaking roughly. "Better watch where you point that thing."

[member="Dax Fyre"]

The Reaper of Won Shasot
Dax drew his own slugthrower as Nate did, the two warriors walking side by side, weapons at the ready. The near silent walk to the bridge was tense, but nothing from the usual for the two men who'd made countless walks such as these. Often times under much worse conditions.

As the two arrived at the bridge a woman drew her own weapon on the men, "Better watch where you point that thing."
"I can guarantee you he'll live and you won't. Lower your weapon." Dax said, one hand aimed at the woman, the other ready to Force Pull her for a clear shot at her body.

[member="Nate Phantoms"]

Leaning over, he caught a mess of platinum blonde hair, and he instantly knew it was his first mate. Lowering his arm, he smiled as the woman slid out, her gaze scrutinizing before joy spread across her face. "Sir!" Jumping up, her smaller frame soon crashed against his, the warm embrace making him smile. "Nate you're alive… we had heard you died, and that they were coming for us and-and,"

Smiling, she buried her head in his cloak, her tears of joy streaming down her cheek. "Way to remain professional Jada," scoffing, he turned to look at Dax, the woman still bound around his midsection. "This here is my first mate, she'll introduce her self if she ever lets go of me."

[member="Dax Fyre"]

The Reaper of Won Shasot
The Rogue holstered his pistol with a click as the woman pounced at the bounty hunter. Well she certainly was a lively one. The Rogue couldn't help but smile from amusement as he watched the pair, Nate trying to introduce her to him.

"I'm Dax, don't think we've had the pleasure of meeting." he said, giving the woman a mock salute. "I'm surprised anyone is still on this bucket of bolts." he admitted with a shrug, "What were you fixing?"

[member="Nate Phantoms"]

His head tilted at his younger friend. "Bucket of bolts? Hey now," prying himself out of arms, he smiled. "She's a tough one. But yes, what exactly were you fixing?" Moving forward, a hand reached out to steady himself as he bent his knees, looking at her handiwork. Didn't seem to be much, the smaller router being connected to only the security systems.

"I didn't know who would find us eventually, so I wanted to alter the ray shields and blast door protocol." Gathering her self, she smiled broadly, her light eyes following him as she spoke. "But you're here and very much alive so," snapping her hand to her brow, she saluted to both of them. "Reportign for duty sir!"

Snickering, he turned to Dax, rising. "Guess it's time to get back to the family?"

[member="Dax Fyre"]

The Reaper of Won Shasot
"Guess it is." the Rogue said with a slight nod. "Wonder what she'll think, seeing a call from the Bane after so long." he said quietly as he went to the comms unit to open up a line. The Rogue stood and waited till the call was answered.

Dax took a deep breath. In his head he wondered what was going to happen. He certainly had never expected his life to take the turns it had, but this was definitely one certainly topped the list of unexpected and nerve-wracking happenstances. He could only blame himself though, he supposed.

[member="Nate Phantoms"] | [member="Kimiko"]

Cyaron ORC Space

It was quiet time for the little gathering, nap time for the two youngest. Ki had just gotten Saya and Oji down and in their beds in her cabin and was busy picking up the toys from earlier. Her humming carried melodiously through the open space, a soft lullaby to mask the noise of the little wooden animals and speeders. The crew was on night-shift and only a meager watch crew was awake at this hour. Chika and Tsubasa were among them, going over piloting and captain's skills on the bridge.

They were interrupted as the comms watch chimed in of an incoming transmission,"Commander? We...uh...have an incoming transmission. You won't believe where it's coming from."

Tsubasa and Chika shared a confused glance before approaching the console. The older woman's eyes widened upon seeing the transmisison's origination and nudged her younger protoge,"Go get your mother, I'll answer the call. Lieutenant, take a break." the two nodded and went off about their business.

Takami sat and queued up the console, the image of someone long thought dead appeared and her eyes narrowed,"Well well well, look who's back from the dead Mr. Phantom. Kimiko will be here shortly, but in the meantime, what have you been up to?"

[member="Dax Fyre"] [member="Nate Phantoms"]

The man stood in his usual manner, arms crossed, a hand underneath his chin, processing his thoughts and words methodically. Things could get...touchy to say the least. He wasn't exactly the same, and he knew if he didn't like that, neither would she. Upon hearing the chime, he turned slightly, his burning irises moving to the hologram of a familiar face.

Silence stretched out for a bit, her words taking longer to comprehend than usual. Finally breaking the silence with a scoff, he turned back to facing our the view port, speaking softly. "That's funny. I mean take a good look at me, I look far from being alive and well Takami." Sighing, he cleared his throat, trying to stay positive, not letting his thoughts bring him down. "……how are the kids?"

[member="Dax Fyre"] | [member="Kimiko"]

The Reaper of Won Shasot
Dax stood by, out of the sight of the holocam. It wasn't out of a desire to remain unseen, or be deceptive or any such thing. He just knew it wasn't his business to be involved...and seeing that he really didn't have anywhere else to go, he was kind of stuck there. But, Dax had to admit, he was nervous, and he could feel his heart beginning to ramp up in speed, thumping loudly in his ears.

The woman carefully watched Nate, studying his response and nodding at his own question,"They are growing, exponentially. Tsubasa is growing into quite the young woman. Won't be long til we are fighting the hordes of horny teenage boys away from her. Oji is, well, being a baby. A spitting image of his father with mom's ears and tails. Handsome little thing." she paused, taking a breath she did not know she was holding,"A lot has happened Nate, things I believe would be more easily explained by Ki. But, give her time if she deems it necessary. We, especially her, have been through a lot." her eyes softened, finding a somber reality in their situation.

Tsubasa dashed towards their personal family cabin and quickly rushed through the door. Panting on the floor near her mother, she gasped out,"Mama! We have a call on the bridge. It's from papa!" Ki was dumbstruck by the words, it had been so long since she had heard Tsubasa call the one she thought of as such and immediately knew who she meant.

She stood slowly, and taking her daughter's hand, quietly exited the room and headed towards the bridge.

[member="Dax Fyre"] [member="Nate Phantoms"]

Stoic. Unmoving. Hearing about the three he cared the most about did quite the opposite of what one would expect. No smiles or tears of joy. No weight was lifted off his shoulders.

Eyes darted, catching on anything but the older womans. Finally he succumbed, turning around, pain filling his eyes, the flames nonexistent, only embers in their place. "That's....that's good to hear..." faltereng slightly, his eyes dropped. "But, understandable." Clenching his jaw, he collected himself, the flames reignited, coldness filling him once again, his emotionless mask reappearing.

Cracking his knuckles, his head titled slightly, flicking his wrist in a dismissive manner. "We all have been through too much recently. However, one must do with the hand they are dealt."

The Reaper of Won Shasot
Dax could feel the growing tension between the two. Hell, it made the air around then palpable. He was certain Nate's first mate could feel it as well. But there was nothing to be done about it except sit and wait.

Dax wondered what would transpire here. The chances were it could affect the three friends relationship for quite a long time.

The white-maned fox silently approached the comms console in which Chika currently occupied, taking a moment to pause. It appeared that the woman was in a heated debate with the caller, Nate. Ki immediately took not of how she was sitting; rigid, defensive, and ready for a fight if needed. It was admirable that the older woman was so protective.

"Sometimes that is the way we are lead and must be dealt with as we must. Most important thing is how one comes out of their trials and tribulations." her arms crossed with a soft huff, it seemed her time was up. She would never say it out loud, but Ki was more than her leader, she was a cherished friend, and Chika would gladly lay down her own life for the younger woman.

Ki stepped up behind Chika as she finished, placing a hand on her shoulder and a soft kiss on the top of her head,"Thank you Chika. I'll...I'll take it from here." she said as her eyes landed on the familiar figure on the projection pad, sliding into the seat as Takami quietly vacated the seat.

Tsubasa stood beside her mother, looking back and forth between Nate and her mother, sort of oblivious to the heavy tension before Kimiko spoke up,"N-Nate...is it really you?"

[member="Nate Phantoms"] [member="Dax Fyre"]

A soft grunt would be all the older woman received as he mentally went over the many different ways the upcoming dialogue could go. Many different outcomes and possibilities, too many to be frank if you asked him. However, he knew what ever happened was out of his control.

He heard a softer, familiar tone relieve the older woman, and instantly, the walls went up. For a while the two shared a rather strong bond that generally allowed the duo to feel emotions or pain should they be strong enough. Recently though, he hadn't thought too much about it, as they hadn't exactly ended on the greatest of terms.

"Its been two years Ki," tapping his chin, he spoke out in a slightly hushed tone. "not two decades. I would only hope I wasn't that easily forgotten." Turning at the waist his eyes met her much brighter ones, and he instantly regretted it. Everything within him screamed to avert his gaze, but one voice cried out over the rest, refusing. Even as a searing pain tore through, his heart refused. Another pair of eyes, blessedly pulled his attention. Smiling weakly, he waved at the oldest of his former children. "Hello Tsubasa dear."

The Reaper of Won Shasot
Two years...

Nate was right, it had been two years hadn't it. So long, yet so short. And so much had happened. To all three of them. Honestly, two years ago felt more like two lifetimes at this point. Two years ago, right around now Dax had probably been sitting at in his chair in his ship, or maybe in the middle of some battle or another, or chasing down a criminal. Now, he was here waiting to see what would happen to his two best friends, hoping whatever it was it would turn out for the best for all of them. But the more he thought on it, he knew for at least one person, if not all, they'd come away with a lot of hurt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom