Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Ghost From the Past

The Reaper of Won Shasot
Dax looked to his left, Halzyn having been quietly posted there, and nodded. The barrier field dropped and the two men stood face to face. Nothing was between them to stop Nate if he decided to throttle Dax's throat.

[member="Nate Phantoms"]

The Reaper of Won Shasot
"First, tell me what the last thing is you remember before its all black. I can only guess at what's missing." Dax said, quickly catching up to Nate and walking besides him, "Its been nearly two years since we found Won Shasot, a lots happened since then."

[member="Nate Phantoms"]

Stopping in his track, he crossed his arms, staying mostly silent. Two years? What happened to him? How did he survive?

"I have bits and pieces...fill me in on what lead up to Won Shasot, and then...After."

[member="Dax Fyre"]

The Reaper of Won Shasot
"Alright then," Dax said as a lift door opened to admit them, "Well, finding the planet was easy. Planet lit up like a damn beacon in my head. Once we got there though...well we pretty much landed in the middle of a civil war. The Ashans captured us," the doors opened with a hiss and Dax stepped out, "but we cut a deal. We fight their war, they give us free access to the whole damn planet."

[member="Nate Phantoms"]

Snapping together like puzzle pieces, his memory became less and less cloudy, a group of them, fighting a war that was not theirs. Several separate governing nations all vying for the throne.

"………we had another with us. Where's that one."

[member="Dax Fyre"]

The Reaper of Won Shasot
"Yeah..." the Rogue demeanor appeared to plummet in a downward spiral at Nate's question, "Kumi Asha, daughter of the Ashan Lord and...and someone I loved...she went missing in the last battle. That fethed me up pretty good."

[member="Nate Phantoms"]

Love.

Such a strong word love was, many different ways of said loving. All of it just made his head hurt, as if this memory wasn't meant to come back. Frowning, he tried to bring the memory back, but it only faded away faster.

"……I'm sorry. Is the Ashan Lord dead?"

[member="Dax Fyre"]

The Reaper of Won Shasot
"Yeah. So that left us holding on to Sith crystals, the damn things gave us a claim to the throne, and since there was no one left to oppose us," the Rogue pulled out two leather cords from beneath his shirt, each attached to a dimly glowing red crystal, forming two separate necklaces, "we took the thrones. The last lord was thrown in the dungeon and that leads us to how you lost your memory."

[member="Nate Phantoms"]

His eyes followed the red crystal as it swayed in the cabins air. Red wasn't exactly, his color so to speak. But it had brought a few jumbled memories. "…didn't we have plans to do something with those crystals?" Frowning again as bits and pieces faded away, he sighed, getting frustrated. "I just- this image, of two sabers both with white blades keeps coming up...does that have any correlation or is it just me."

Taking a seat, he reclined, his one leg thrown over the arm rest. Making him look exceedingly pirate like. "Then what else happened."

[member="Dax Fyre"]

The Reaper of Won Shasot
"We'd been planning to put them into sabers. 'Course, that didn't happen. After that last battle we'd captured the last lord and tossed him into the dungeons. Not long after we had established our reign, we'd decided to pay him a visit, and...well that's how you lost your memory. He tried to perform some sort of Memory Walk is my guess,but he botched it. Ergo, Nate missing memory."

Partially, he was still caught up on the love part. Something nagged at him with an insatiable fury, dominating his thoughts. "Hm? What...Oh...right." clearing his throat he took back his normal demeanor. Hoping his friend hadn't noticed. "Continue."

[member="Dax Fyre"]

The Reaper of Won Shasot
By this point Dax and Nate had reached the bridge. The older bounty hunter earned a few stares, but most of the crew elected to ignore his presence. Dax sat in the captain's chair with a deep sigh, "You woke up after about a three day coma. Didn't remember anything from the last year or so...you found me on top of the temple, and my mind was gone, man...I'd gone down a dark path and I was pretty damn sure I wasn't gonna be able to turn around...until I almost killed you..." The Rogue wasn't quite sure why this part of Nate's memory was gone, but, with his mind having been so damaged at the time, he couldn't really see why it wouldn't be missing either, "I, uh...I came back from the Dark then. Tried to get you slipped into another coma. One morning I woke up and was told you disappeared..."

[member="Nate Phantoms"]

Nodding, the images of the duo locked in an epic struggle, lightsabers clashing, thunder roaring overhead. That he remembered, partially. "Yeah I remember that," Standing rather tensely, feet shoulder width apart, he brought his hand, tapping his chin as he stared out into the darkness of space. "More and more is coming together, but I'm still missing holes here and there."

Sighing, he shook his head, succumbing to the rather comfy looking chair next to Dax. "I assume the rest will be filled in over time..."

[member="Dax Fyre"]

The Reaper of Won Shasot
Dax nodded silently as he leaned forward elbows resting on his knees, hands covering his mouth, thinking. Telling Ki that he'd nearly killed Nate was hard enough...but this? What god did Dax have to piss off to earn this? Mentally, he shook his head at himself, no, he did deserve this, he'd done it to himself.

With a sigh he placed his hands on his knees and leaned back a little, "There's...one more thing Nate...Ki and I...we're together." Mentally, Dax prepared himself for the fist he was sure was coming for him.

[member="Nate Phantoms"]

Ki.

Tsubasa.

​His son.

Turning slowly, the fire behind his eyes died, only embers remaining. Reality check. Big time. As if flipping a switch, everything came flooding back to him. He was no longer lost. Memories swirled back into place, his mind complete once again.

His eyes dropped from Dax's, then back up, and finally away as he turned back around. Blinking methodically, he chewed on the inside of his cheek, deep in thought, completely silent before speaking in a softer tone.

"……shît happens."

[member="Dax Fyre"]

The Reaper of Won Shasot
Dax wasn’t all that surprised that Nate hadn’t punched his lights out. In truth he was never quite sure what to expect from the man.

The Rogue crossed her arms and leaned back into his chair, shaking his head. “Not shit like this Nate...some times I wonder if the unverse decided to shit on us specifically.” Dax shook his head again as he pushed the thought out of his mind, there were things that needed doing, “Whatever happens next is up to Ki, man...I won’t stop her or you should it come to that. You want me to take you to see her?

[member="Nate Phantoms"]

Now, he was reminded why he loved the kid so damn much. Turning his head slightly he nodded, reviewing all of his medley returned memories. "Fate's a crazy thing Dax. We are just the sheep." Smiling, he turned all the way around, waving his hand dismissively. Seeing the trio would be good for him but, the reclusive side of him wanted to stay in the shadows.

"…let's uh, get my ship first please."

[member="Dax Fyre"]

The Reaper of Won Shasot
The Rogue facepalmed himself, "I'm a fething idiot, I forgot about your karking ship...alright let's go."

Only a mere few moments later, and the crew of the Azalea had plotted their course and were streaking through the skies, back to the Dark World that had begun this spiralling episode in Dax and Nate's lives.

[member="Nate Phantoms"]

Shaking his head, he smiled grimly. "Yeah, well, so did I."

Upon growing to the planet, he got a little uneasy, his mind warning him not to return to the dark planet that changed so much in and around him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom