Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Fresh Start: The Moon's Gleam

Tresk Ak'lya

T
Tresk sat in the back corner of the cantina, waiting for a potential recruiter to come in. He wasn't fond of crime lords, be they Huts of Suns, but matinence on a heavily used ship and a modified bola carbine that had survived from the days of the glorious independent Spynet, was expensive. A contract with anyone would be welcome, to say the least.
Approaching the bar, he laid a note down on the table and went back to his seat. He had paid the barkeep handsomely, at least fifty, and the last of his spending money, to send possible jobs th him.

Jerrick walked in still in the search for anyone looking for reruitment. He walked over to the bar keep asking if he knew anyone for hire. He pointed to a gruffed looking man behind Jerrick. He thanked the man and walked over to him. "Seat taken?" He asked

Daxton kept the cowl low over his eyes as he leaned back into the shadows of the booth. With his back to the wall, he scanned the crowd for his contact. He was told that there were some mercenaries about looking for work and plausible deniability is what needed right now. The heavy blaster strapped to his thigh and the padded jump suit made him blend in right along with the rest of the rabble in this nest of scum and villany.

Sipping some more of the spiced beer, he winced as the alcohol burned down the back of his throat.

@[member="Tresk Ak'lya"]

Tresk Ak'lya

T
Tresk shook his head at @[member="JerrickShado"]. A bit surprised to see a mandalorian as a employer (from what he knew they were hunters like himself), he subconciencly reached his hand down to his carbine and rested it on the table. "I take it you've got a job offer?"

Something else seemed off in the room. He couldn't name it, but it felt like someone was watching him.
He hated feeling that someone was watching him. It was usually right.

@[member="Daxton Bane"]

Jerrick nodded at the man. "I have a offer that is quite insane, certaintly not mediocer, I have a small merc band, we want to expand our numbers, our sole perpose is to cripple the Suns, and rival them." Jerrick stopped to let it sink in. It really was an insane idea, but it was a job fitting any one with real skill. @[member="Tresk Ak'lya"]

Tresk Ak'lya

T
"First off, if you mean to oppose the Suns, get off their kriffing planet. If your goal is to cripple them, you need to become untraceable." ​Tresk said, his voice no more than a whisper. "Second, who would I be working with?" Glancing around again, he added, "someone's got an eye on this table. Mark your words."

@[member="JerrickShado"]

"I'm a bit more bold then that, plus" he handed a datapad to the man, a note saying something about a hideout not on planet and nothing more was on it. "We have five people including me." Jerrick didn't sit, he wasn't told he could so he stood infront of the man still. "We won't to be know, but also untouchable, the whole point is to make face, then never get caught." Jerrick watched his blaster. It was a nice carbine, looked a little custom made, modified probably to pack a really nasty punch. Lucky Jerrick wasn't here to fight. "I won't pressure you, or annoy you about it. I understand its a pretty stupid idea for most people." He stopped to let the rest soak in. Jerrick hadn't given names, only numbers. He hadn't given full detail, only need to know things that didn't matter for the most part, no locations, no cordinates just small things. He took the datapad back.

Tresk Ak'lya

T
"Give me a contact and I'll think about it." Tresk stood. "I'm going to figure out who else is paying me attention."

Standing, he scanned the rest of cantina, looking for anyone of note or anyone who seemed strange. Noting little, he waited for his move to be noted.

@[member="Daxton Bane"]

Jerrick nodded. "Here's my contact." He sent his reciever code to him from his wrist link. Jerrick nodded at the man. "Thank you for your time." Jerrick turned to leave. He tried, that's all he could really do. Try. But he also knew it wasn't fully set up, yet, but it was coming time to set up the orginization with smaller goals and etc. Jerrick left the bar. What now. Where else should he try..

Daxton seemed to pay the little exchange no mind, well at least on the surface. After all he was just another sentient trying to drown out his sorrows right? Usually mercenaries approached him but in this case he would make an exception if the man proved to be patient enough. Summoning the droid, he swiped his cred stick and sent the man a free drink and invite to join him at his table.

@[member="Tresk Ak'lya"]

Tresk Ak'lya

T
Tresk walked over to @[member="Daxton Bane"] carefully, watching for his observer. As he did, however, he felt a huge wave of foreboding. He had found who was watching him, and they had invited him over to their table.

As the man joined him at his table, Daxton raised his glass in the universally accepted gesture of welcome. "Hello friend. So glad you could join me. Please sit and take a load of."

Summoning the droid server he said, "Give him whatever he wants to drink and put it on my tab." When the server left to process the order Daxton leaned back in his chair and said, "Times are tough now a days, and its hard for a honest man to find work isn't it?"

@Tresk Ak'lya

Tresk Ak'lya

T
"If you're looking for an honest man, you'll want to go to a world where that's possible." Tresk commented. Leaning forward, he whispered: "So why are you showing interest in me?"

Laughing softly at the comment he replied, "And a smart one knows where to spot opportunities to advance themselves. You seem like a capable man in need of work. Do you have a ship? I might have a job that could interest you. Low Risk but decent pay, if you know how to handle yourself."

@Tresk Ak'lya

Tresk Ak'lya

T
"I have a ship. What do you have in mind?" Tresk asked. Hopefully he could get enough money to not need to come back here.

"I wish to book discrete passage to Roon. For myself and one sealed bio-containment unit. I will handle the transport to your ship and the loading. All you need to do is arrange for passage, no questions on the nature and content of the cargo. If you agree to this, we can discuss price."

@[member="Tresk Ak'lya"]

Tresk Ak'lya

T
"Roon. I'll take it, but I don't know if it's possible to get to with discretion. Unless....." Tresk' s voice trailed off. There had to be a way around the Cloak of the Sith without an authority cataloging the visit. Smugglers would always have a way around the law. A backdoor, so to speak. "I'll need to have a day to prepare, and find a quiet way in. The Manda-Roon lane will be too well watched, but there's got to be another path in. I'll see if a few greasy palms will get me navigational charts."

"Excellent. How much would it cost me to acquire your services? I prefer to get that little order of business out of the way before we proceed." Daxton stated, as he continued to play the role of a businessman on the sly. He didn't want to draw attention to the fact he was a Force User since that would draw a different kind of attention than what he needed. Besides who kept track of all the shady businessmen on this planet anyway?

@Tresk Ak'lya

Tresk Ak'lya

T
"75,000 discrete passage to Roon, cargo space, and the new charts, no questions asked. Fifty for the trip, ten each for the charts and no questions asked, and half that for the cargo hold. You won't be able to find lower here anymore." ​ And I can't afford to go much lower anyways. And as it was, he would need repairs on the ship soon.

@[member="Daxton Bane"]

Taking out a credit stick, he allowed the other man to see the amount loaded on it, 20,000 credits, before he spoke. "Consider this an initial deposit. Another fifteen once the cargo and I are on your ship and we are about to enter hyperspace. Then the rest upon safe delivery to Roon and transfer of the cargo off your ship. Agree?"

If the man were to agree, he would slide the stick across as a deposit of good faith.

@Tresk Ak'lya

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom