Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Fresh Start [SJO]

Aerena would not be able to help herself, she was sent into a fit of giggles as she spotted the way [member="Cardinam"] had spilled most of his precious alcohol down his top and across the ship floor. Even his serious warning didn’t put her off, instead it only served to re-ignite her joy and send her laughing once more.

With one hand clutched to her stomach in an vain attempt to calm herself, Aerena’s hand was not as steady as before, the ship making little banks from left to right inadvertently. Aerena clenched all the fingers besides one on her free hand, rotating her shoulder she would then extend her hand and flash Cardinam with a rather rude gesture.

“Hey! Don’t go blaming me, I had to get you awake somehow. I can’t have you drooling and stumbling around the place, just thought I might wake you up. In fact, I’m going to do that again. At least I warned you this time eh?” She intoned. Aerena knew she might be taking it a little too far, especially for someone on the bottle like he was, but he needed to be taught a lesson.

However Aerena was not without heart, she did not turn the inertial dampeners down anywhere near as much, enough maybe that she might believe he is losing his balance constantly. With that, she then rolled the ship once more, this time doing it significantly faster, practically spinning as they thundered through the sky. They were close now.

Still high above the ground, Valae walked a rope bridge that was strung between two large trees. In the distance, she could see the temple construction in a large clearing up a head. It was a lovely location; they had plenty of shelter provided by the mountains. It was a fairly secluded spot. There was a lake that lined part of the land there, too. Valae could already imagine a nice garden next to the water, complete with spots to sit and relax under the trees.

But here, in the tree village, members of the Silver Jedi would be welcome to stay as well. It was a cozy little area with a quaint feel. It was a space that would be shared with the local wookies. Valae felt that it would be a nice chance for some collaboration. Of course, there was much work that still needed to be done. She would need to speak with Colonel Calderon later on about the defenses for the village, they would need to have some plans in place should trouble ever find them here.

Turning her eyes down towards the ground, she could see a team of Wookies carrying torches. These would be lit this evening in celebration. There were also tables and chairs being moved into the square in the center of the village. No doubt, this space would be used for festivities in the future as well, or so Valae hoped. It was then that she noticed something very familiar.

Canting her head to the side, she closed her eyes and began to focus on this new presence. A smile grew on her face, she recognized it immediately. And a moment later, she saw the tall form of her Valkyri friend enter the forest.

“Théodred Heavenshield!” Valae called, waving from her spot in the trees. “I thought that was you.”

Climbing down the tree ladder, she joined him on solid ground. Moving over, Valae pulled Theo into a hug. It was always good to see him.

“Thanks for coming to see us here on Kashyyyk,” She grinned. “Tell me, how have you been?”

[member="Théodred Heavenshield"]

I'd been working now for going on an hour cutting with beskar blades in my gauntlets to skin the thing. I'd popped the lid on my container of sand and after making incisions and pulling out the innards carefully I accelerated sand into the cavity sand-scrubbing the grime and any remaining juices out leaving only the hide. After another fifteen minutes cutting the hide into manageable rolls of material I took several strips of cloth from my belt and tied down the rolls of Teratatek hide. Stacking the rolls I hooked them all together in one bundle then clipped the bundle to my belt. Looking back up at the opening I'd jumped through I dropped a remote beacon that was keyed to The Dauntless. I could provide sensor data to Master Kitra as well tonight for now I was worried about getting out of here. Grabbing the organs and putting hem into a bag I hooked that to my belt as well and launched a line into the rock face and began ascending.

Looking down as I ascended I saw the blood drying on the rune covered stone floor. As I reached the opening I'd jumped through I followed my way back down the halls and up to the surface of the shadowlands. Dropping beacons along the way I made it back to the entrance where the Wookiee had been fiddling with the swoosh bike as he'd called it. He'd apparently taken apart and put back together the bow I'd given him too. Turning to look at me as I emerged he saw my armor and me covered in blood. Switching the filter on my helmet to where he could see my face I unclipped a single roll of the Terantatek hide from the bundle on my belt and offered it to him. "Terantatek hide, it was the alpha predator that'd made its home here. I offer you this bundle of hide from its corpse as a more firm peace offering between our peoples may it serve you well in whatever use you make of it." Inclining my head respectfully I gestured towards the bikes and said "Shall we make our way back to my ship? I need to rinse off my armor and prepare for the feast this evening and I can't exactly show up like this."

The wookiee nodded and said "You are a fierce hunter indeed. Few among my people come here to this area of the forests , fewer still face what you did and live. To your ship then, I will give you an exchanging of gifts there. You have given a gift fit for a chieftain I must repay this honor as best I can." Nodding silently I slid my leg back over the seat of my swoop and powering it on we began heading back to my ship...

[member="Valae Kitra"]

Tana was not really surprised by the mans reaction, though it would have been a bit more humorist to have him become all flustered and embarrassed but no worries, it made for a good laugh regardless, as for what he mentioned, about the reason for joining the order. "Hehe, no, no, I did not join it for that reason, heck I didn't really expect to even get a master until a month into being member, I more or less visit Voss just to see what the whole thing was about, next minute I'm the new padawan to the princess of Atrisa, in all honesty I was prepared to live in a small bland room with my sister, hardly any material possession and all".

He move on of his hand to his chin, putting some more thigh into his next sentence, "Though I would be by lying if I said it was not nice, the custom armor and other perks are a bonus, but I have promised my master that I would be the best padawan she ever had". Looking back a Doglegs he noted the slightly quizzical look on his face, "Now I am sure you are slightly confused about the way I look, no doubt if you met Sukai she told you about having a, brother, well she is indeed correct, I am her younger brother".

[member="Douglas Starwind"]

"Affirmative, plenty of seats if you don't mind a bumpy ride. We're at the motor pool, leave in fifteen. We can squeeze ya' in friend."

"Understood."

Bumpy ride. Well, it couldn't be worse than some of his piloting. While the Sephi could fly himself, his adeptness with the skill was most likely to be defined as 'adequate'. He could fly most ships from point A to point B and arrive safely, which was the point for him. There was the rare occasion where he flew brilliantly, but it wasn't exactly something he could control. The important part was that he was able to get where he wanted to go without dying; he could live with a few bumps.

Now it was a matter of finding said motor pool. On a planet where their habitation zones were still being built there would be relatively few accurate maps, not a whole lot of people with the knowledge, and without the satellite systems being fully set up it would be next to impossible to trace the comm unit. A couple assumptions could be made though. Unless every unit in the pool was an airspeeder the place would need to be close to the surface, near a ramp, or by a lift large enough to handle the vehicles. Additionally, depending on how many vehicles were present the place would need to be fairly large, roofed or otherwise. Of course, there was also the option of watching for incoming or outgoing vehicles as well. That wouldn't necessarily be the best use of time however.

Using that logic, Audren was able to visually locate the motor pool. It helped that units were still being unloaded and moved into the place. Three levels down and a bit to the right, fairly close to the treeline. About a ten minute walk if he wanted to use the lifts, or less if he simply dropped down from where he was at. Since he was in no hurry, he chose to walk. There were a few odd looks from people wondering why he was geared up like he was, but no comments. He arrived in good time and spotted the group easily: it was one of the relatively few preparing for departure. Not long before go-time now.

"Anyone else joining?"

[member="Valkren Calderon"]​

Douglas Starwind

Head of Fire, Heart of Gold
Doug chuckled a little at what Tana said about how he was picked up into the Order in the first place. Just getting plucked up and becoming a Padawan was the whole story, huh? It was kinda lighthearted in a way. Doug then nodded a bit. "Heh... I see. Things aren't quite that bland now. I hope your words about being the best ring true. It is always good to try your best at these sorts of endeavors after all." He said. Given Doug's own drive to wanna be a Knight to try and protect people in the galaxy, he tried to keep himself motivated. It's been a tough few years for him, but he hasn't given up yet...

The topic then shifted towards Tana's... Interesting sort of appearance. "Oh. Yes. She did tell me about a brother specifically... She... Uh... Wasn't kidding about the similar looks alright." He said, his tone of voice growing a bit more awkward. This was certainly a different sort of conversation and he wasn't sure what else to say. Tana seemed to take a lot of things in stride, though, so Doug can't imagine him being too bothered about it.

[member="Tanaski Yumi"]

He beamed a smile as a more than familiar voice answered his call. "I pop up in the most unlikely of places Val, you should not be surprised to see me". A silly jest but they way things are with them, it was a given. He watched her climb down the ladder which she seemed to be very apt at he had to admit, "The Jedi in the trees", he added as she approached him and embraced him which he returned with much affection.

"I am good, But more importantly, how are you?", he leaned back from their embrace to look over her face. "A little tired I see, but I suppose that is to be expected considering". No doubt Val had spent, if not still, considerable hours with organisation and planning and hard labour to get the Silvers to this point. There would be plenty to do, not only this day, but the days to come.

"I am here to repay you for your help you gave me on Ilum. Besides it will be good to see the Jedi again, I don't spend that much time with them of late". He let go and looked around the immediate area, there was people everywhere busy with all manner of duty.

"So how can I help you Grand Master". His head turned looking back at her with a smile.

[member="Valae Kitra"]

"caowowh'wararcrc, ahao acrac rhwowowh ohoowhwaworcwwhuan cwowoahwhrr rooohu rarrraahwh, ooanwa wwrcahwowhwa. ah'sc acraakakro aoacraao rooohu rarcwo crawwwo" ("Sten'darr, it has been wonderful seeing you again, old friend. I'm happy that you are safe") The Jedi Master would speak, placing a hand on the shoulder of the taller Wookiee, who now had much blacker, almost greyer hair from the last time he had seen him. It had been... How many years now? About five or six, perhaps? He remembered the Wookiee well, of course. Josh had been a Jedi Knight when he had first met Sten'darr. He had been a much younger man then, with no facial hair, no beard, he'd been a clean shaven young man that was barely into his twenties. As for Sten'darr... The Wookiee had been taken captive by slavers, and on his own homeworld, to boot! The Republic's Jedi Order had sent for a group of Jedi to stop this before it could go any further, and it just happened that Knights Josh DragonsFlame and Tallia Farn were in the area close enough to answer the call. The two had freed the slaves, and in turn, Josh had made a friend in the Wookiee Sten'darr.

Of course, Josh's shoulder pat was outdone by the Wookiee Sten'darr. The Wookiee would wrap it's big furry arms around the Jedi Master in a big bear hug. Josh couldn't help but laugh in turn, and the Wookiee would speak once it had put the Jedi down.

"Caowowh'wararcrc, ahao acrac rhwowowh ohoowhwaworcwwhuan cwowoahwhrr rooohu rarrraahwh, ooanwa wwrcahwowhwa. ah'sc acraakakro aoacraao rooohu rarcwo crawwwo" ("Master Jedi, it has been a great pleasure to see you again. You are welcome anytime to my village. but feel free to stay as long as you like") The Wookiee would speak in turn, and Josh nodded his head. "I will" He would respond.

Josh was a wanderer, generally, and didn't tend to settle down with any particular faction. But the Silver Jedi had been there for him in a time of need, and had been a great place of friendship and companionship to him, a sense of family of sorts. It was funny... He had once gone to [member="Arisa Yune"] due to a very lack of that when she first became Grandmaster. It was funny how things changed. So he wanted to do his best to help them resettle here...

Grandmaster [member="Valae Kitra"], as well as his Padawans within the order such as [member="Douglas Starwind"], [member="Dusaro Dresari"], [member="Auron Song"] and [member="Anora Vahn"] had been alerted that he would be heading to one of the Wookie villages to play diplomat, and they were welcome to join him if they wished. But it had been a shock to him to find that the leader of this particular village was a Wookiee he was very familiar with from an era long past...

LL-1200 Java, Kachirho

Gir brought the light freighter in a gentle glide across the lagoon towards Kachirho, marveling at the rapid regrowth of the city. His last visit to the world several years ago had seen Mandalorian raiders attempt to start a firestorm that would have burned the city to the ground. As the Java entered the city limits, he could saw structures built to replace the old last in the blaze, as well as scorch marks, now faded by time, on the great Wroshyr trees. It hardly seemed the war zone that it had once been Yet as he set the Java onto a treetop landing pad that overlooked the vast lagoon, he could recall countless battles fought over the world: he could think of three galactic struggles over the current city alone. He flicked the last of the switches, fully shutting down power to the light freighter, which elicited an irritated string of curse worlds from X3 in the ship's cargo hold.

"You all right back there?"

"I'm fine, no thanks to you. I was trying to do some preventative maintenance. It is difficult when I do not have lights to work with."

Gir shrugged as he exited the cockpit, "Your photoreceptors should adjust."

"Not quickly enough."

"X3, get the ship fueled up," said Gir, "I'm going to catch some fresh air before we head back up."

"Was it the fuel prices that drove us here? Or the scenery?"

"Both."

"How typical."

[member="Valae Kitra"] | [member="Stephanie Swail"] | [member="Théodred Heavenshield"] | [member="Cardinam"]​
640px-Cave_of_the_Abaddon.jpg
And so it was once he made it up the steps that he soon found himself within the threshold of the doorway. Where with nothing more than a length of a few tentative steps he comes to enter the abandoned structure. Where he soon come face to face with the cavern behind the structure. Seem hewed out of the earthen cavern he walks ahead till eventually, he comes to enter.

A fairly bigger hall where with nothing more than a crack onto the cavern side a faint shaft of light enter to illuminate the fairly abandon hall learning seem farther down into the rock face where it leads deeper into the structure.

Tana gave Douglas a serious smile, one full of confidence and reason, "Oh, it’s not just becoming the best padawan that spurs me on, I also seek to master the way of the sword, and become on others the most skill vibrio blade wielders in the galaxy... though light sabre training is also up their too". After meet with his mother again for the first time in a few months as well as a friendly duel with a Sith from the CIS, Tana had devoted a good amount of time to increasing his sword skills, and the SJO allowed for him to receive more professional training. Helping people out and doing good for the galaxy was a bonus to, maybe make up for certain things he had done in the past, like being part of a criminal syndicate for one thing.

His attention shifted back to the other Jedi when he, kind of awkwardly mentioned Sukai again, "Ah she told you about or similar looks... would explain your reaction when I first introduced myself, most people seem really embarrassed or confused, though that ruins the fun", "oh Sukai, why must you spoil my fun". "All joking aside, yes besides our eye colour, and slight height difference we are basically much twins, we both take the same things from our parents it seems". "Ah, but I am rambling on, tell me about yourself, you seem like an interesting chap, no need to be shy, where both boys".

Douglas Starwind

Mastering the art of swordsmanship, huh? An interesting goal alongside being a skilled Jedi. He nodded a bit. "Of course. As a Jedi, a lightsaber likely will become your good friend in a sense, especially once you are ready to build your own. A fine weapon for defending yourself, defending the peace in the Galaxy... You get the idea I'm sure. Of course, you are not barred from still using vibroblades as far as I know. Training with a lightsaber likely would hone your usage of such a weapon further even." Doug said, glancing down at his personal lightsaber that was hitched onto his belt at his side. One he had built alongside his Master some time ago now.

It was soon back to the topic of Tana's interesting sort of appearance for a moment. Doug snickered slightly when Tana had briefly used a rather feminine sounding voice. "Yeah..." He briefly said, stifling the chuckle. Suddenly, however, the attention was turned onto him specifically. "You want to know about... Me now? Well. I'm not sure what to really say about myself without going into my whole life story or... Something." Doug said with a hint of uncertainty in his voice, scratching his own chin.

[member="Tanaski Yumi"]

There were three types of people when it came to making friends and allies. The first sort were the people who believed in diplomacy. They looked to create diplomatic ties, political alliances, and to create treaties. They wanted to formalize good behavior by means of a hand shake and a piece of paper. That type of formality worked for some people. The second type were the friendship by combat sort. They developed alliances specifically by going into battle with allies. To them, that's what forged long standing friendships. Again, for them it worked. The third type? Well... they were an unusual sort. They developed allies and friendships doing things in an unorthodox manner.

That's exactly what Jake did. He let the politicians be. He wouldn't have been an asset to them. He let the soldiers wander about. He wasn't one to be all that he could be of the Silver Jedi Light Infantry. Instead, Jake decided to socialize in his own unique manned. That was why a party broke out not too far from where the diplomats and soldiers worked to build their alliances.

It had started seemingly harmless. Jake wandered onto a Wookie's ledge while they cooked and started up a conversation. How? By questioning if rumors of wookie strengths were nothing but old wives' tales meant to shame their over egotistical husbands. That turned into purely playful banter which in turn resulted in Jake sharing a meal. That meal continued the banter into jokes and stories. Slowly more wookies arrived, some bringing with them drums and various instruments where music soon began to rock. It wasn't long until more already established allies of the Silver Jedi found the sudden party.

Drinks of different sorts emerged, though nothing alcoholic. Meats of various sorts roasted and were consumed. In the middle of it all was Jake Daniels, Silver Jedi Knight, sitting across a table from a grey haired Wookie whom even sitting was easily seen to tower over the human. Jake took a swig of the sweet berry drink and set his elbow on the table. It was met by that of the much older Wookie's. As those gathered watched, their hands clenched. Within seconds the arm wrestling match unfolded.

Within seconds, Jake went flying. His body crashed into several woven baskets, his head thumping against the wooden floor. Looking up to the grey haired wookie, one word was uttered from Jakes mouth, "Rematch! And another round of that berry drink."

He gave a nod as Douglass statement, "Ture, both are similar, and increasing skill in one can benefit the other, but one must beware of the differences between the two weapons, a sword is heavy, carries weight, breaks differently, can use to kill or incapacitated using a blunt side, can touch the blade and use it to block". Tana stopped himself suddenly, realizing he was starting to ramble on, he tended to do then when talking about weapons, "I could go one but you get the gist of it".

When he turned attention back to Douglas, and his past Tana noticed the man was a little hesitant, did he have a troubled past of some sort, was it long? "No need to go into great detail, just maybe what your goal in life is, maybe who else you know here at the order, I need to make more fiends... but, but but but but, if you have some sort of troubled past, you don't need to tell me, last person that I tried that with went sort of insane and killed like, hmmm, 6 people, to be fair though they attack us first, but he did not give them nice deaths, ahh look, I'm rambling on again".

As she hugged Theo, she gave him a hearty pat on the back before pulling away. Valae chuckled softly and rubbed her eyes as he noticed her tired appearance. Indeed there were some dark shadows beneath her eyes; it was difficult to hide such fatigue. “Oh, I’m holdin’ up alright.” She said with a nod.

Of course, there was much more to her story. The move to Kashyyyk had put a large amount of stress on her shoulders, but it was slowly subsiding. And the familiar presence of her Valkyri friend always helped.

“Let’s see…” She tapped her chin with an index finger. “I was about to go check on the construction of the new temple. Walk with me,”

There was a flurry activity; preparations for the feast were well under way. Soon, the town square would be full of Silver Jedi and Wookies alike. But for the moment, Valae would lead Theo away from this scene, and towards a mountain clearing in the distance. The location for the new temple was quite stunning, a sight that could rival the landscape of Voss. Though, she had to admit that the memories of the Silver Temple on their old home world would always have a special place in her heart.

“I saw your father and mother before I left Voss,” She said with a smile, “It was mighty nice to see them again. And you know, I promised that I’d come visit Midvinter more often.” She glanced sidelong at Theo. “Maybe the two of us will meet there, too. At least, I hope so.”

Valae had always viewed Theo as something of a younger brother, but now that she’d been given a place at their family hearth – the feeling had only grown.

“So, what have you been up to lately?” She asked, glad for a chance for some light-hearted topics.

[member="Théodred Heavenshield"]

Calderon planted a boot on the step below the passenger seat of the SGV, pulling himself up higher to get a view on the approaching Jedi that had requested to join their recon group. He simply shook his head at the question.

"Doesn't look like it, seem's like we're it for todays recon." He'd state this before retreating into the open seat of the SGV, the sound of the tactical vehicle revving it's engine soon followed after as Lowder turned the ignition. The space behind Lowder and Calderon was open in the bed of the vehicle for Audren to take his place. The SGV behind his own kicked into gear, rolling in front of their buggy and toward the path to the first checkpoint slowly so the trio could catch up once the Jedi had loaded in.

With Lieutenant Konrad Harris riding shotgun in the now lead vehicle, Sergeant Plexico remained behind the wheel, and Private Clayton Brookes on the slugthrower emplacement that rested in the bed of their own truck. They figured the path ahead would come without conflict, due to the nature of the surrounding areas, but it never hurt to be ready just incase.

[member="Audren Sykes"]

Douglas Starwind

Doug nodded. "Oh. Of course..." He said quietly to the remark of some differences between a vibroblade and a lightsaber. Admittedly, he doesn't recall ever actually using one before so he wouldn't really know too much about the differences. He mainly spent time looking into other topics during his free time. It was curious to him, but nothing he needed to necessarily worry about for now.

Doug then scratched his chin at some of the information suggested he could talk about. It wasn't so much that he had a whole lot of trauma, but more that Tana was still kind of a new person to him. Then the remark that someone Tana talked to apparently was insane and... Uh. Yeah. "Hm... My goals... Thus far, I've been training for some time now. I want to be a Jedi that can protect the Galaxy around us from the threats that try to disturb the peace... It's been a long process so far, but I've seen some fruits of my labor. I need to keep up the pace lest I fall behind..." Doug began to go on about what it was he wanted to do as a Jedi Knight.

"... Oh. Looks like I'm rambling a bit myself now. Heh... So. People I know, right? Well, I am a Padawan under Master Josh DragonsFlame. Hard to miss em if you see em. Really tall and really blonde. He can be a bit lighthearted, but he takes his Jedi duties very seriously as well. I've also been acquainted with some other Padawans he's been training the past few years as well. Like... Uh. Dusaro. He's a cool dude and pretty skilled at some things that aren't necessarily Jedi-related. Um... Who else now..." Doug began to ramble on again in his mind, but there was a fair bit to mention so maybe it wasn't a bad thing.

[member="Tanaski Yumi"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom