Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Fresh Start [SJO]

y4gui7S.png
A Fresh Start

Perched in a tall tree stand, Valae gazed down in wonder at the sprawling landscape of Kashyyyk. The lush greenery of this world was refreshing. After much searching, the Order of the Silver Jedi had begun to set down roots on the forest-world. Drawing in a breath of fresh air, the Grandmaster felt alive with hope.

Things were coming together.

After talks with the Wookies, the Order had been given an allotment of land to dedicate to a settlement. They would also be able to utilize the space above in the trees as well. Of course, these agreements included a promise to respect the natural beauty of Kashyyyk. At the moment, there were construction crews and members of the Silver Jedi alike working to raise the structures. It was like watching their hopes become reality.

While the temple was still under construction, Valae could already tell that it was going to be a welcoming space for them. There would be an abundance of windows to let in the natural light and give them a peaceful display of the trees. Much of the construction would feature wood and minimal details to give it a modern feel. As her eyes lingered on this spot, nestled within the trees, she couldn’t help but smile. It was a very encouraging sight.

For her own part, Valae was still coping with the worry of leaving Voss. She knew that the planet they had come to love would be well cared for in the hands of the Voss people, but it was like her second home. She still remembered the night she left Tatooine with Master Heavenshield. Back then, she had been a frightened young woman without a family left to comfort her. And she had found the sense of family that she longed for on Voss, the Silver Jedi were her family now – each and every one of them.

And so, she hoped that those that looked to her for guidance would see her reasons for bringing them here. Valae wanted them to have a new place to call home. This was a place to start fresh. They would re-group, and re-build the Order. Here they would forge new alliances, and work to strengthen old ones. The Silver Jedi would expand and explore – their eyes set on the stars with a renewed sense of optimism. Here, the light would shine brightly.

“Yes, this’ll do.” Valae said with a quiet smile, “This’ll do just fine.”

[OOC: Open to all SJO members and any allies that wish to attend]

Welcome to your new capital planet! Let’s make the most of it and get started!

Objectives:
1. Help with settlement or temple construction
2. Explore the wilds of Kashyyyk and make some new Wookie friends
3. Take some time to rest and get settled (There are some living spaces ready, with more to come)
4. Feast! It's time to celebrate! There will be a large gathering for everyone to attend a bit later. In the meantime, you can help with preparations!
5. Feel free to BYOO

Dopi had barely gotten used to the temple on Voss before he had to move to Kashyyyk. He once again stumbled out of his shuttle, and made his way over to where the living areas were, since there were Wookies there to help out with that. He picked a room that was secluded from most of the others, but had a wonderful and peaceful view of the beach that was near by. His room was also at the near top of the tree, which made it rather difficult for him to climb up to. Dopi had brought with him the same bag full of holocrons and small items with him he took to Voss, and began unpacking there. The view, the height, the peacefulness...it all reminded him of Dantooine, as he soon began setting up his room for mediation and liveability.

Last week I'd been on Voss in the wilds with Grandmaster Kitra, Master Coci Heavenshield, and a young Jedi by the name of Stephanie Swail. Now I was on Kashyyk, new world for The Silver Order... I'd simply opted for bringing The Dauntless to this place. The Rogue's Salvation would raise more questions and it was a heavily armed smuggler vessel...What had been discussed upon Voss had stayed with me as it was I was still planning on being a prudii'kad, A shadow saber for The Silver Jedi.

That'd entail finding a place to establish a sort of base as it was I was geared up in my Vespera Beskar'gam armor, not exactly a wise choice here on the Wookiee home-world nevertheless I was planning a trip to the deep wilds to search for a place that could house a facility for Shadowy members of the order. I'd landed on the outskirts and was bringing my stealth-coated swoop bike down the ramp when a Wookiee quietly loped into view. He looked alarmed at my armor and slowly I pulled my helmet off. Reaching slowly and deliberately towards my wrist I engaged a translation program in my armor, he began yowling and what came next was "We have history with Mandalorians most isn't good why are you landing here?"

Looking towards the wookiee I said "I wear the armor but serve The Jedi who've come here. I'm a hunter of sorts but not of your people I was planning a trip into the deep wilds. To look for a location that is hidden, easily defensible, and won't disturb your people or their customs. Perhaps you can help me find such a place?" With that I slowly reached for my left thigh and triggered the hidden plate of my armor and pulled out a compact bow along with several cylindrical cartridges of bolts. Extending it towards the wookiee he looked towards me and nodded. "If you have another of those I will lead, you are different a different type of hunter most do not use forest weapons. Come, get another of your machines and I will lead." Well at the very least now I'd have something to share with Master Kitra when I saw her at the welcome feast tonight...

[member="Valae Kitra"]

Jsc

Disney's Princess
wWxxlpF.png

Science Cruiser Jyn Macross
The Valley of Marathon
Kashyyyk

Marathon was a river valley. A canyon of lush purple and blue fauna growing around the jutting retreat of the green Kishkala River. Waterfalls and tropical fish were ever present. The air sparkled with white trispan kisks. Tall brown mako trees on every side and lush green leaves fell here year round. Like a valley frozen in an eternal autumn. Nature's feast for all six or seven senses.

Jess fell in love with it immediately.

A spaceship parked and tucked away. The Jyn Macross filled the entire valley. Hovering just across it's natural breadth. It's small landing gear settled into the black rock formations on both sides of the endless canyon. Nestled deep, deep within the valley's lush river bowl. Hiding. Sleeping. Waiting. Nay, wishing. For it's tiny human crew to make this dew-filled valley it's new home. The Jyn Macross was a Science Vessel, after all. An intergalactic starship designed for discovery and faith. A rocket ship with a goal and an eye towards new logic, new language, and new civilizations. A whole starship full of anxious people ready to do the impossible. To make Kashyyyk home.

Landing parties had been departing the ship in teams all day.

Jessica stayed with the ship. Making her new officer's quarters her temporary home. The Jedi Temple wasn't finished yet anyway. So she'd call this vessel home for now.

~ "...Jess! Shore parties leaving without you!?" ~

Called a handsome voice from her communicator.

"It's okay Micheal. Enjoy your adventure. I've still got unpacking to do. Hehe."

~ "Roger that. We'll see you on the other side then! Cheers girl. Bravo Party out." ~

Jess smiled and turned to face the grand windows that flanked her whole bedroom. Outside she could see a whole new world of adventure just waiting for her. A wild jungle planet. Just waiting to be explored.

Kashyyyk. Home of the Wookiees.

"...No. Home of the Silvers now. Hehe. ...Perfect."

Yes. A brave new world.

intervention+orbit.png
Corporate Flagship of the Corellia Digital Corporation
in orbit of Kashyyyk

From the earliest days of Corellia Digital's re-founding on Drall, the Order of the Silver Jedi had been the company's most faithful customer. Now, that customer loyalty would be re-paid.

As the executive in charge of an intergalactic business, Sor-Jan could not fight a war for the Silver Jedi. He'd done that before and very nearly ignited the Jedi-Mandalorian War like a thermal detonator when he'd famously gone to the planet Mandalore. Fortune favored the bold and circumstances deescalated affairs with the Mandalorians instead, but he was more than cognizant that things could have ended quite differently for them. Them, and the Mandalorians as well. So, when he'd returned from Mandalore, the boy-general had taken his leave from the Jedi Order that had served him faithfully.

The Silver Jedi deserved someone less reckless than he was.

But, that didn't mean there were not things he could do to support his friends and customers alike. So, the Intervention had arrived not long after the Silver Jedi had. He'd been a Master on the Silver Council. He had enough contacts still in the Order that he knew some of what the current events were. And, like some of galaxy, he had questions... he had doubts about some concerning reports of things that had occurred at Mirial.

But he hadn't been there, and even if he had the Order of the Silver Jedi did not answer to him. Nor would he be so arrogant as to wish otherwise.

The small Anzat stood on the bridge overlooking the planet below. Part of him longed to re-join his former companions. Part of him felt as though the time for that had passed. "Contact Master [member="Valae Kitra"] and let her know that whatever computers or communications equipment they desire, they will have it," he remarked, speaking to the aid that stood off to one side.

And with that, the Corellian-born child turned and made his way off the bridge.

Douglas Starwind

Head of Fire, Heart of Gold
The Arrival

After a long journey and negotiations by some of their finest, the Silver Jedi Order had arrived at Kashyyyk and were given permission and an allotment of land for a new settlement provided nothing was done to disturb the lushness of the planet by the native Wookie species. So... This was gonna be home now, huh? Douglas Starwind had just arrived onto the planet on a shuttle that was getting the members of the Order there after the final goodbye to... Voss... It still weighed on his mind with concern for the planet that was essentially like a home to him for the past few years. Just like Tatooine all over again... The Padawan was wearing his usual pair of silvery white and black Jedi Robes and carrying a bag of his belongings that were taken out of the Voss Temple.

Kashyyyk looked very different compared to Voss. It was much more forested and lush. The air felt rather clean to breathe. The massive trees themselves were actually used as a means of building settlements as well... Apparently the Order's new Temple was going to be made with such a wooded structure. It was intriguing to him how this would be when it is finished. He hoped that this move would be worth it in the long run...

He took a few steps on the planet's surface and looked around. He was unsure of what to do at the moment... He believed there were some living spaces set up for resting... He had already gotten some rest through some meditation he did on the shuttle so perhaps that could wait.

Decisions, decisions...

LL-1200 Java, nearing Kashyyyk

The Java drifted in towards Kashyyyk under simple inertia from its reversion from hyperspace. The last time Gir had been to the world, Mandalorian raiders had attempted to burn one of the famous tree cities down. Yet looking up to the world above, Gir couldn't see a trace of damage remaining from that raid. But I'm pretty far up here. There still may be traces below, if the forest or wookiees didn't get to them already. He spun a knob on his flight yoke and gently coaxed the light freighter into a climb that pulled his craft into the world's gravity well. As his ship plunged through the atmosphere, he couldn't help but wonder what changes the Silver Jedi's presence would bring to the world.

Almost without a doubt there would be some area set aside from the Jedi, who had long been trusted allies of the wookiees in some form or capacity. Yet he would be curious to see what path that it would take. Would they live among the wookiees and offworlders dispersed in their great tree cities? Or would they form a central temple? He wasn't entirely sure which would be the better option, yet he knew that the jedi would have an impact on Kashyyyk, and Kashyyyk on the jedi. The man from Hast yanked up the ship's yoke to bring the light freighter out of its dive as he neared the world's surface. He gently patted one of the bulkheads. Soon, our long flight will come to an end...

[member="Sor-Jan Xantha"]

"So this is new." She said it looking at the jedi master, mostly because she had found areason to go onto his ship. Son-Jan had some ideas for the Silver Watch thanks to the works that were going on and she had a few things to talk about with him. Standing in the guardian robes with the black overcloak to her robes and her saber on her hip. She could see what the jedi master was planning until her hands went behind her back under the cloak with the long hair all around her shoulders. "We have been doing so much I lost track but should be fun. We've had some contact and interaction with the wookiee's, they are good friends of my mothers." She had a smile on her face before stretching out.

Yuroic had spent the journey to Kashyyyk watching over the archives. He was becoming the Jedi Historian due to spending so much time with the records but then, it was a job fitting him at the moment. He couldn't rush into battle with no lightsaber and the lost of his dominate hand, his legs were in constant pain and he could barely walk a few steps without his crutch. Medics were baffled by the pain, stating it was not physical as the bones healed correctly. There was nonsense talk on it being psychological but Yuroic shot that theory down. He wasn't inventing the pain. It was real.

Ordering some Padawans and other people not looking busy, he told them what he wanted. "We need a Jedi Archive. We have our records all safe on that transporter but we have to move them to the location where the Archives is going to be built. Transporter couldn't get close enough with the trees. So grab what you can and follow me." Leaning on his stick, he moved forward when all the supplies had been gathered. Pulling up his datapad, he had an ideal image of what the Archives should look like.

Yuroic had plans for some robust, simple but very attractive in an architectual way. Wood built structure to blend nicely with the surroundings and floral decorations as well. He wanted people to study and be at one with nature, their surroundings. It was important to remember the Force is in every living thing. However, he could hear grumblings of Padawans behind him. Clearly not thinking that the Jedi Archives as important as the rest of the Temple they were building.

"The knowledge held in these records is crucial to learning the way of the Force. Without records of our past there would be no Jedi. Even the Sith have Archives and keep holocrons of knowledge. The Archives is our most important area, studying the past can prevent future mistakes." Yuroic chastised the grumbling Padawans before limping away to the location.

Pulling another swoop down out of the hold I gestured towards the wookiee to board it and after doing so he said "Keep up closely hunter, the deep wilds are frequently an inhospitable place." Nodding I watched as he engaged the engines and peeled off. Engaging the engine after him I followed him as closely as I could as we made our way from the midlands into the wilds, then the forests got thicker. The air had changed here as well, still clean, fresh air but it seemed.....clouded, darker. We kept going and he hit the accelerator hard. Matching his speed we kept going until we'd reached a clearing the air again felt clean and fresh but here....the ring and necklace I'd had crafted after Tartarus began glowing fairly brightly.

Looking towards the wookiee I asked "Was there some kind of temple or Force user enclave here once?" He let loose a kind of snuffle he was laughing or chuckling I couldn't quite tell. "You noticed the darkness as we rode then? These trees and forests are older than most here in the galaxy. These parts of the forest have power, yes power they hold. Some have sought to enslave that power others to make something bright with that power. I know stories the elders told and this....this here is a place of power. The roots run deep but there are ruins here that none care to go through anymore. Too old...too uncertain of the threats held inside. You call yourself a hunter prove you are and enter the ruins emerge again once you've dealt with what might be inside. I am intrigued by this old-yet-new bow, I also want to know more of the swoosh bike."

Smirking at his interest in the bow I'd given him and the bike he'd ridden on, not to mention his renaming it a swoosh bike I replaced my helmet and began making way into the ruins to see what I could ascertain of this place.

fb7db9f3cea2d42057ba3c00f2c2969f.jpg
Entering the darkened archway I saw a hallway leading downward on a spiral staircase. After walking downwards my visor's low light filter kicked on casting everything in a green hue, looking back up the staircase I waited then continued further down the hall pulling my aqua saber to my hand I ignited it then tossed a signal beacon towards the staircase as I continued away from the staircase and towards whatever other dark creatures or secrets this place held...

680634280111300758053985f9a1e3bb.jpg
[member="Valae Kitra"]

Stephanie Swail

Look what they've done to my dream
The first thing that hit Stephanie when the transport door slid back was the bright light and burst of nature around them all. Kashyyyk was alive, truly alive! With her Hapan gowns and braided hair, sheild on her back and satchel over her shoulder, the Jedi Padawan followed a few others onto the soft grass and into their new world. It took her breath away.

Beyond where they had touched down, shimmering lakes seemed to stretch into the distance. Trees as thick as the old temple itself reached up into the heavens surrounded by smaller ones that coloured the horizon in greens and browns. Their rendezvous point was surrounded by smaller trees but all seemed to have the possibility of being connnected for the new temple - however that would look. But, the work was underway already and there was a real buzz in the air.

She had only taken a few steps forward before a group of brown and white Wookiees walked past in conversation. Her eyes went a little wider and she stayed still.

”By the Force...”

One of the Wookiees turned and raised their arm to Stephanie.

"NnnnGGGGGGrrrrr!!"

With a giggle, the Padawan waved back. They were huge, proud creatures even more in the flesh. She already felt right at home. It was time to get stuck in and help out; there would be time for exploration later. This was truly a new exciting chapter for the Silver Jedi to finally find their new calling and direction as beacons of Light and hope in the galaxy. And at home with the Wookiees was where it would start!

The warm lake DID look rather inviting for a swim however....no! Later, Stephanie. Later.

[member="Valae Kitra"] | [member="Yuroic Xeraic"] | [member="Andorreth Vikar"] | [member="Douglas Starwind"] | [member="Mr. Bones"]

Like so many worlds a conflicted cosmos, Kashyyyk had suffered many wounds.

The Mandalorians had waged a bloody campaign across the planet, killing hundreds... and for what? Tirelessly, the Mandalorian Clans had pursued the Galactic Republic. And then it seemed as though, with no wars left to fight, they'd fallen instead into fighting their own. Perhaps blood was blood, and in their bloodlust they cared not from wence it came.

Inevitably, Kashyyyk bore the scars of these conflicts across the most vulnerable of populations; the young orphaned by tragedies that had claimed the lives of their mothers, fathers, siblings, cousins.

The white bear had decided to spend some time healing those wounds. Two Wookiee younglings clung to the Beorni, one perched on his left shoulder while the other hung from his lower back.

A Beorni was a very peculiar sight for them, the Midvinter native encircled by a troop of curious pups running excitedly in all directions around where the bear stood.

It was all rather loud and chaotic. But, the kind of loud and chaotic that the Beorni much preferred over Mirial. The work at the orphanage on Kashyyyk the sort of labor that Kiriko could look forward to if the Order of the Silver Jedi was to settle here.

As more and more people arrived, Dopi had finished setting up his room, and looked around the view. He watch the transports come in with many more members of the Silver Jedi Order landed on the trees and beach head that was in perfect sight...Well, he more of watched using the Force and his sense of hearing, as all he could do is look out at the water with blind eyes. Dopi soon realized that he didn't have a lightsaber. He never saw one essential, but He needed one so then he didn't seem like some random force sensitive tourist. He heard of Kyber Crystals being a common thing on Kashyyyk, so now Dopi made his way out of his new home in search for anyone who'd be willing to give him a crystal for a new lightsaber.

[member="Kiriko"] | [member="Stephanie Swail"] | [member="Andorreth Vikar"] | [member="Gir Quee"] | [member="Orihime Ike"] | [member="Douglas Starwind"] | [member="Sor-Jan Xantha"] | [member="Jessica Matthews"] | [member="Andorreth Vikar"] | [member="Valae Kitra"] |

intervention+bridge.png
Corporate Flagship of the Corellia Digital Corporation
in orbit of Kashyyyk

The young Anzat looked up.

The young woman was rather interesting. The daughter of his longtime friend, [member="Matsu Ike"], though he gathered there was a bit of a story behind that. And likely a long one at that.

She still wore robes. Clung to their traditions better than he, but she was a much younger Jedi than he was, all looks to the contrary aside. If there was one thing that Sor-Jan had come to associate with youth, it was optimism and energy. Things which [member="Orihime Ike"] seemed to have in some excess.

He envied that, to some degree. Perhaps one reason he'd come to enjoy her company. "I wish I could agree," the Corellian boy remarked in reply. Pausing at the back of the star destroyer's bridge landing, the tow-headed youngling lingered there a moment to converse with the woman.

As a student of history, Sor-Jan was aware of the many times throughout many centuries of many generations of Jedi that the Order had picked up and moved across the galaxy in the face of persecution, wars, or rumors of wars. Ossus. Tython. Ahch-To. Coruscant in his lifetime -- earlier lifetime anyway -- and now Kashyyyk.

"I cannot but feel this is so much history repeating itself," the young vampire murmured aloud, eyes downcast a moment as the thought worked its way out from his own brooding.

Cerulean blue eyes flickered, looking back at as he craned his head back and admitted, "I sometimes wonder if we're not writing history so much as we are merely playing our part in it."

He supposed a proper Jedi would merely believe in the Force. That all would be as it should be.

Maybe he was just a tad too Corellian for that kind of blind faith. Too pragmatic. Too old. Too damned tired of trying to be everyone's hero.

He'd learned the hard way that trying to save everyone was the surest path to failure. He'd settle for being able to save anyone instead. And, to be totally honest, wasn't even sure that was really possible.

Current Objective: Explore unknown area, back in time for dinner
Allies/Assets: 'Radama Raiders' Ranger special forces,
First Ranger scouts.
RadamaRPNG.png
Colonel Valkren Calderon grunted as he dropped a grey ammunition crate in the bed of one of their Skyfall Ground Vehicles. Following this action, the officer turned to take in the views of their temporary base for just a moment. He removed the patrol cap from his head to wipe away a stream of sweat from his brow, only to tighten the cap back over his head in a professional manner. Opposed to wearing his usual heavy Katarn armor, himself and the other rangers in the recon group were sporting much lighter kits. Exchanging their heavy plating out for simple ammunition webbing, thrown on over tank tops and dark tees' to firm up their patterns abit against their woodland BDU's.

He reached a glove hand up, running his fingers along the side of his face, deep in thought. The rough leather brushed up against his unkept facial hair. After Mirial, Valkren had cared little for looking professional and well-kept when it came to their operations and missions. As long as they got the job done, and got his people home safely.

"Remind you of home, farm boy?" Lieutenant Konrad Harris spoke up as he came into view, carrying a supply crate of his own, also toting his Z-6 Rotary cannon across his back. Of course, Valkren's XO was referring to the more wild sides of Alderaan, where there wasn't as much civilization. Only farms and hills for as far as Valk's young eyes could see.

"Nah, too many trees. Besides, we didn't have giant furballs' walking around all that often." Valkren stated this in reference to their wookie friends, whom were quite common to see now considering their relocation to Kashyyyk.

"Hey, I kinda like them..I send pictures home to my kid of them every chance I get. She karkin' loves the things, thinks we can get one as a pet or somethin'." Specialist Jim Lowder decided to join the peanut gallery, walking up with his patrol cap turned backwards, his assault rifle hanging from a sling connected to his chest rig.

"You didn't promise her a wookie, did you?"

Lowder blinked, releasing his grip on his rifle so he could move past the pair of fellow rangers to clamber into the driver seat of the front vehicle. "No comment."

Both Harris and Calderon followed this up with a chuckle, slapping the specialist on the head as he went to assume his position as driver of the first vehicle. Valkren then turned back to the LT, "Alright, load up with the second SGV, I'm going to send out a message to see if we cant get anymore volunteers."

"Copy that, boss."

After this, Valkren went to the front vehicle wear Lowder had just moved to, he reached inside the passenger side and recovered one of their handheld communication systems from the dash. Valkren made sure to stuff a cigarette inbetween his lips and light it, turning to lean against the open passenger seat of the tactical vehicle as he sent out his transmission.

"This is Colonel Calderon, the first ranger scout unit was kind enough to lend the Raiders a pair of their SGVs. We're headed out past checkpoint one to see if we can't check around some uncharted areas, maybe clear a path for future travel. We've got a few more spots open if anyone wants to come along. Should be back just in time for the feast."

Back to Kashyyyk it seemed, though this time as a member of the Silver Jedi, never had Tana though about having those two words in the same sentence, Kashyyyk, member and Silver Jedi, but there was not much that could be done about it. Though considering the fact the very new Jedi padawan had been spending the last few weeks on Astria training under Jedi Knight Junko Ike the whole moving fiasco had not really hit home as much, only having been to Voss twice, and even then, only staying on world for a few hours at most.

'Well this place seemed much more... humid then Voss, better then Trandosia I guess, still is Kashyyyk really that better a place, sure it’s closer to the CAS and FWC, so maybe the Sith might not strike as close, but that's only really if they care about diplomatic relations at all, and from what was said about the attack on Yutan... they do not seem to care one bit'. The young Jin wandered sort of aimlessly around the landing area, sure there were rooms to set up, but master Ike had given a place to stay on Astria, and sharing a room with Sukai would not be much of a hassle.

'Guess It's time to make some new friends, now where to start' , leaning against a railing Tanas eyes scanned the new comers as they excited off the drops ships, most where workers somewhere Jedi, though out of the many only one seemed to be heading off the platform and towards the dorms. The man had bright yellowish hair, with some rather flamboyant white and black robes, they seemed to be just as clueless as Tana, the perfect person to bother... er interact with.

Wasting no time Tana quietly walked up to the man, giving him a quick pat on the shoulder, "Hello there, you bored as well"?

[member="Douglas Starwind"]

Jsc

Disney's Princess
OcPqNnK.png

The Valley of Marathon

Jess sat in the captain's dining galley of the Jyn Macross. Across the gilded table was Captain Vestra Mina. A remarkable woman of diverse education with an illustrious career to match. Captain Mina was tall, handsome, professional, and curious to a fault. Just the type of woman you needed to command a science vessel worth it's salt. Just the type of woman who you can count on to make the impossible, possible.

Tonight she was having dinner with the ship's only Jedi Master. Jessica. A favor and a pleasure that Master Matthews would not let go unnoticed,

"So. Tell me again, Captain. Why have the Wookiees allowed our far-flung empire to settle here again?"

Captain Mina looked up from her cutlery. Paused, then smiled.

"It's a matter of influence. We controlled an empire of hundreds of worlds and a wealth far vaster than these people have ever known. What could they say but yes."

Jessica nodded and played with her fork.

"So. It's a matter of money then too?"

Mina smiled,

"The clans here on Kashyyyk are not as united and powerful as they may seem. War has touched this world too. I fear that our presence here is something that they cannot ever hope to compete with openly. Indeed. I worry that some of the clans would try and use the Silver Jedi's power only further their own petty goals. The goals of the forest. So to speak. The goals of a broken planet."

Jess mused with her knife and nodded.

"You don't trust them then?"

Mina frowned,

"I don't trust anyone who opens their entire planet to alien colonization and political dominance. It is either the mind of a snake? Or, worse. The mind of a slave."

Jess turned to look out the viewscreen,

"You think we're invading their world. Don't you."

"I think many things Master Jedi. You would do well not to browse my mind for them however."

Jessica turned an eye back to the Captain,

"Of course. My apologies Captain. ...Ahem... Then. Perhaps you might help me with just one last question."

"Oh?"

Jessica placed her silver back onto the table,

"How would you go about resettling the Silvers?"

Mina stopped eating. Looking up slowly. Then returning to her meal.

"That. Master Jedi. Is a question of intergalactic politics. And perhaps? A question we all should have done better to have asked the Masters, long before we ever came here."

Matthews nodded and sighed. This wasn't going the way she had hoped at all. Mina however, quickly spoke up again.

"I don't need to be a Jedi to know that this whole thing is troubling you Matthews. So let me be frank. This is what awaits us. The Wookiees will welcome us and we will rebuild their empire. We will give them sciences and medicines that they could never even dream of. We will educate their children and bring to this world a golden age like unto never before seen by their soft furry kind."

Mina smiled,

"So yes. While I do think we've just invaded this planet by force. I also think that it's one of the best things that could have ever happened to these peoples. And that's one for the history books."

Jess looked baffled.

"So... You mean..."

"Yes. Master Jedi. I think everything will work out fine in the end."

Jessica nodded and looked down at her plate. Causing Mina to smile and point with her fork,

"Now. Why don't you enjoy your meal and we'll start first thing tomorrow morning."

"Oh?"

Mina nodded with glee.

"Tomorrow we'll make this planet better. For everybody. Wookiee, Jedi, and human alike. Tomorrow we'll add our light to theirs and forge something even the Masters Heavenshield could be proud of."

"Well." Jessica nodded, "I think that's something I could very well get behind. And here. Cheers. To the future."

"Cheers, Master Jedi. And may the Force be with us. Always."

[member="Sor-Jan Xantha"]

"History is overrated at times, we can learn from it but ti is always going to come back around. There are few new things that are going to actually be happening. We'll no doubt move again before this is all over. Thankfully my mother has good foresight, for those who care to pay attention she has worked to restore temples and outposts for the jedi on sozen's of worlds and supplied the temple guards and ranger's stationed there with more then enough. Our warehouse here that works with the wookiee's has been mapping the shadowlands for years. Thi is actually quite a nice place to come and visit."

She said it with a shrug of her shoulders though while walking with him and his ideas about history was strange to her but also made sense. She had heard her mother say much of the same as she taught her daughters, she taught her padawans that they were jedi... they were special but they were doubtful to do or say something someone else hasn't done or someone else... With different or even similar results. She stretched out for a moment though looking over the ship and knew the small story that went with them finding this ship. "Oh and there is a gift that my mother sent. Something you special ordered."

She said it leading the way towards the hanger as she was offering a small chance and a ship they could take down to the planet and visit the facility warehouse with their ranger's and wookiee's. The package being unloaded for a moment as she tapped the side of the bed. "One special modular gel waterbed with special comfort and synthweave. You'll be able to sleep in the lightside of the force from the solari crystal and the pontite crystal will calm your body even after the most stressful day." Orhime had a smile on her face while she showed off some parts of it.

"There is also the agena which makes it so your body will bond with the bed. So who knows maybe in a few hundred years with your power Master Son-Jan this will become a force artifact like the robes the jedi have made." She said that with a laugh and thanks to most of the work they had some of the best things for handling problems or making well force trinkets and artifacts. "We've also brought for you to try out one of the meditation ships, it is semi intelligent when bonded with a jedi and able to amplify your powers when you are in it as we have learned. Some other small supplies like a blade of sorrow to handle just about any material and an artisan droid."

About to take the ladder down from her perch, Valae paused as she received a communication from Corporate Flagship of Corellia Digital. Listening with wide-eyes, a heartfelt smile grew on her face. “SJ?” She whispered to herself before moving to acknowledge the message. [member="Sor-Jan Xantha"] was a name she’d not heard for quite some time, but she’d never forgotten the Anzat. In fact, she had a very fond memory of him from her days as a padawan. He’d been one of the first to teach her now to use force barriers, a skill that she had continued to hone.

“Please pass along my gratitude to Master Xantha,” She responded, “And also extend an invitation down to the surface for our feast this evening, I’d love to see him.”

Taking hold of the wooden rungs that went down the trunk of the tree, Valae began to descend to the main level below. There were rustic cat-walks that stretched from tree to tree, along with structures that were built around them, or even into the trunks themselves. Her hands reached out to take hold of the railing that lined the rope-bridge, and she watched as several transports set down in the distance. Already she could sense a few familiar presences, and noted that [member="Stephanie Swail"] had arrived on Kashyyyk. She would have to catch up with her later.

The communication from Colonel [member="Valkren Calderon"] was received a moment later, and she drew in a deep breath. She did hope that he was doing well; perhaps this change of scenery would be good.

Continuing through the tunnels saber ignited I saw the jewelry around my neck and on my hand glow ever brighter. So, some sort of Force rich place lay here but of what type? "What type do you wish it to be young one? Dark power, Sacred light, or perhaps simply a place that you and those like you can serve from? A place to disappear into shadow perhaps?" The jewelry now burned bright as stars, sighing I said "There is darkness in us all, whoever denies that lies to themselves. Then again those who become convinced they are champions of light tend to become blinded by that same light, I seek a place for those like me to train and hunt from." Pausing I said "I'll do what I must to earn this place."

"Then prepare yourself prudii'kad hunter...." I heard a door whisk open behind me and turned to look at it. I heard nails on metal, and skittering. Oh lovely nothing like the unknown on Kashyyyk, entering the hallway I ejected the beskar blade on my right gauntlet and pulled the auto-loading shattergun from my right thigh. For a place this old the machinery on the doors was still working unusual but not impossible. Suddenly I saw green, venomous eyes at the end of the hall. Connecting my second saber hilt to the first I changed my grip on the saber hilt and leaning back I felt the creature out with The Force. Pure, unadulterated malice, it wanted me dead.

3ad6c0cce9c09eb6f42d74de1ee59707.jpg
Sighing I launched my saber like a spear and bringing my hands together I pushed with The Force sending my saber hurtling towards the creature even faster. I saw the aqua blade hit the creature square in the abdomen and heard it's shriek before it dropped lifeless to the floor at the end of the hall. I heard skittering, well that wasn't the only one then. That was fine, stalking to the end of the hall I knelt and said "Let your spirit remain here in me wild one. Join with The Force that others may learn to hunt as you and I." My beskar blade still out I cut my left palm and dripped a bit of blood on the spider's corpse a lure for the rest of them.

Pulling my saber free of the spider's corpse I deactivated the blade and separated the hilts after wrapping my hand with a strip of cloth I had on my belt. Clipping the saber hilts to magnetic lock points on my belt I pulled two grenades from my belt then began setting them. One in the hall I'd come down and the hall I had yet to go down. Acid grenades set to mist outwards and on trip wire and sensors, the spider I'd killed was but a sentinel there were more. There was also a great likelihood there was something immensely more dangerous here than these things. I could be patient while my blood drew them in now to wait....

[member="Valae Kitra"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom