Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction A forgotten darkness

A W A K E N

Nathema a world deep within the borders of the Sith Empire forgotten to the galaxy at large, life had returned to the planet over the centuries it had taken to recover fully from being consumed by Tenebre Emperor of the Sith. Before the rise of the Sith Empire and ensuing war that was brought once again into the galaxy that saw worlds burn, Jedi and Sith die in numbers that had not been seen since the great hyperspace war. There on this world far removed from galactic politics, removed from ideologies, debates and political theatre deep below this once again fertile world a single solitary stasis pod stood alone in the corner of a dark forgotten room, miles below the surface of the planet where in the time of Tenebre the old sanitarium had stood before it was summarily destroyed by Tenebre’s own daughter in an act of defiance against his authority. Within that pod In that cold darkened chamber a single light flickers on the side of the stasis chamber a soft blue light blinking on and off but in the pitch black darkness it may as well have been the brightest star in the sky above Nathema, the light was a prelude to the a gentle beeping that broke the silence of millennia a weak signal emanated from the chamber out into the stars beyond on a long forgotten frequency with only coordinates being broadcast into the depths of space. Those attuned to the force would feel a disturbance like a sickness had come over them, something very old was waking in the depths of Nathema something dark, terrible and lost to time.​

Inside the chamber a figure began to stir as life, such as it was, began to return to it. First a deep breath of the sterilized air in the stasis chamber was pulled into the lungs as the awakening cycle had begun. The tension of the muscles had begun to relax, and the pain began to depart, the pain? Oh yes this was no simple stasis chamber after all Tenebre did nothing without benefit to him after all this was no resort. When the Emperor had abandoned the Sith like most it was not accepted well and as a member of the Dark Council she had sought him out with others to end him. What they had found at the end of that quest was Emperor Valkorian of the Eternal Empire when she was brought before him after her ships were destroyed and being the only survivor she had a choice bow to a false Emperor who had abandoned her or take his place, she chose the latter and attacked. ​

For her insolence her punishment though was not to die, knowing what she was Valkorian had a special kind of hell in mind. The punishment was to be a slow death in a stasis chamber but no simple stasis chamber would do this one was designed to pull from the dark side of the force to torture the occupant until the flesh would finally succumb to the ravages of the force being inflicted upon it whatever mechanism had been inflicting the torture had finally ceased. An error? Did some nameless soldier grant her a reprieve after a thousand years? Regardless the final failure of Valkorian was set in stone she did not die as was his intent and she was about to emerge onto the galactic scene again. The glass began to clear and as it did the form sealed inside began to emerge. A young woman was visible looking to be around her late thirties or early forties, though neither of these were accurate descriptors she was far older, her blonde hair lay flat, her eyes did not stir but her chest gently rose and fell as the breath of life filled her lungs once more, it would not be long before she would wake and when she did what would the galaxy look like to her and who would be responsible for its state. Only one thought was steady in her mind eliminate Valkorian, little did she know yet somebody had done just that long ago.​

Sith-Bottom.gif

The star field above Nathema rippled. A black, swept-wing armed transport soon cast its shadow over the ruins below.

Devoid of the life it once held, the ship's thrusters roared in defiance to the stillness that fell over that world. Its landing struts extended and made their impression in the untouched dirt and rock. A sharp hiss of equalized pressure accompanied the descent of the ramp from the belly of the beast; and soon a cloaked figure could be seen by ghastly eyes emerge into the broken landscape.

Gradually, the cloaked figure made its way into the abandoned depths that its craft could not. Unseen and unheard guides pointed the way into the shattered realm that housed the source of darkness' summon. Care was taken where many a step was made as the path had not been tended in an age. Little remained of the glory that may have once been. The deeper the path was traveled, however, the more signs were seen.

At last the doorway to the chamber was in sight, and through it the forlorn stasis chamber. The call of darkness had been unmistakable above, and had only grown stronger with each step.

The hooded figure stood in the doorway for a moment as it became clear they were not alone in this abandoned and decrepit sanctuary. After a moment, they entered the room. The Force gathered about them at the ready, but not concentrated with purpose just yet. A chamber had been opened and someone or something set loose upon the galaxy. Whatever happened next, they would be ready.

A gloved hand fell upon the edge of the chamber as a gentle probing effort was made with the Force to assess the slumbering woman's condition. Whatever indicators the chamber itself may have would be useful without sufficient time to decypher them; and if all that remain was a simple status indicator then all the less to occupy one's attention.

Tag: Sabine Delacroix Sabine Delacroix

A W A K E N
Her eyes shifted quickly the force alerting her to a presence and her eyes snapped open at once, her blue eyes almost luminescent in the dark scanning the room before they fell on the hooded figure beside her then they narrowed sharply. She placed a hand on the cover of the chamber and pushed, somewhat meekly at first it seemed as her muscles tried to find their strength again she pushed a bit harder and metal began to creak and snap, harder still and the door finally relented and was bent back by the force of the push, carefully she staggered out of the chamber at this point she stretched her hand a couple of times before lightning began arcing between the fingers on her right hand and she turned to look the stranger.

“Who are you, and where the hell am I?” she spat out her mind was a mess of memories she could remember bits and pieces, the war with the republic and the jedi the search and the eventual confrontation with Valkorian then nothing. Lightning began arcing between the fingers on her other hand as well, her lightsaber was not on her a fact that neither of them would miss but the crackling of the lightning in her hands would be enough to deter most. Despite her show of strength she was not recovered in the slightest, it would seem for now even standing was a chore but she hid it very well.

Sith-Bottom.gif

The cloaked figure didn't move except to retract its hand when the lid was shoved aside. It didn't speak when its occupant demanded answers to the most pertinent questions. A sharp intellect quickly recovered from its slumber, or a well crafted chamber for its age. True, more recent versions could restore a person to cognitive function rather quickly, but this one did not look recent. It did not even look old.

Slowly the gloved fingers retrieved a small, thin bottle from a pouch secured to the side of Reyida's visitor. Nestled between thumb and forefinger, it was extended out in the recently awakened woman's direction. "Drink before the shock kills you," a firm, feminine voice rose from the shadows of her cowl.

Her other hand reached out to lift a small boulder from its resting place. Directed by a thought, it came to rest not far behind her. Close enough to step back, slowly pull the split cloak aside and take a seated position atop it in full view of Reyida. A moment later her hand lifted to draw back the hood to reveal her pale flesh, dark facial tattoo, and shimmering green eyes.

"I am Nightmother Vytal Noctura. And this," Vytal paused for just a moment without bothering to examine their surroundings, "is Nathema. Do you know where that is?" It did not concern the woman of Dathomir how it was they conversed. Vytal already knew the means in which they understood one another. The many powers of the universe were not relegated to how best to annihilate entire worlds, after all.

Tag: Sabine Delacroix Sabine Delacroix

She paused as she held out the vial, it was foolish perhaps but her words carried enough sincerity for her to at least consider it, the lightning died out in her hands and she took the vial tentatively and brought it before her eyes staring at it as if it were poison, well if it was she would be over it quickly. She opened the vial then pressed it to her lips and drank the full contents, then her façade broke and she fell against the wall letting it hold her up as again she turned her attention to the now seated figure as she drew back the hood. “Your species, I do not know it.” She pondered the rest of her questions “Nathema, yes inside the borders of the Sith Empire. The last thing I recall was being on Zakuul I was brought before Emperor Valkorian and I tried to kill him. I suppose being stuffed in a metal coffin isn’t a bad trade off for not being killed.”

Her mind she could feel already becoming sharper, her body strengthening but still she moved to a corner at sat on the edge of a small table. “Somehow, I got to Nathema, and you are a species I have never seen. Tell me does Valkorian still lead the Eternal Empire?” she was working through things in her mind, clearly time had passed what she needed to know now was how much and was Valkorian alive these were the two immediate questions that needed to be answered. Then she paused, no if he lived everything would be dead based on his goals there would be no life in the galaxy so he had to have been stopped.​

Sith-Bottom.gif

Last edited:
[Hours prior to awakening]

The jewel pulsated a sickly crimson light, waking the Marquis of Eriadu, Viceroy of the Eriadu system Credius from his slumber. He did not know why or how, but something within the jewel was urging him to wake up, to witness and to understand. "A child...a child of a bygone era is awakening, the jewel hungers...I hunger...YOU hunger. Seek out this forelorn child of darkness, knowledge and power are yours for the taking...but hurry, I sense the foul machinations of the witches rippling through time and space, for She too hungers."

A foul, dark voice of ancient times, of times far forgotten by most emanated from the jewel, the voice of the one who fell prey to the jewel's hunger first, the one who began the line of lords of the House Nargath. Yet, no matter the power and strength within the Marquis' mind, he had to admit that when the ones within the jewel spoke with reason, their arguments were to say the least: compelling. As such, he made haste to his personal meditation and reflection chamber, settling himself at the center of it while watching his own reflection within the mirrors. A foggy, shadowy figure arose within the reflections, like a shade swirling behind the Sith. "You wish to speak to me directly, child of my children?"

"Tell me, what is it, what do you desire me to investigate, my dear forefather?" Credius' expression was calm, cold even as he stared directly within the eyes of the man taking shape behind him. The swirling shadow giving him chills, a sickening frost accumulating upon his skin wherever the dark tendrils of the being touched him. The being which had once been a Sith Lord in service of the ancient Sith Empire, one of the few privy to the truth behind the shadows cast upon the galaxy and unlike most, this being did not seek to stop the impending doom, but simply outlive it by his own rules.

"One of...our kin is going to awaken, lost and alone in both a place and time they will not be accustomed to, carrying secrets and knowledge of times long lost to you and yours," Shadowy hands gently touched the Marquis' shoulders, the figure's half-formed face reaching closer to the Viceroy's ears. A sinister, eerie grin appeared upon the shadowy visage. "Imagine what sort of knowledge and power may be gotten when such a child is... guided properly, if such a child would be...willing to join your cause."

"I see, that is indeed a compelling reason to wake me from my slumber, my dear forefather...but do pray tell...where will this...child awaken?"

"In a place you once called your second home, in a system rich with ancient history, a planet devoid of life or reason...Nathema."

[Present Time]

It was on the outskirts of the Sith Empire, at least that was something rather good for his travels, should the location have been anywhere deeper within Sith space, he might've had less luck in regards to the patrols. Though he never had any issues with travelling through the empire, Credius doubted that his title as Darth Halcyon would even suffice as an explanation why some perceived minor sith lord within the order would be capable of commanding a Battlecruiser of unknown make, not to mention have on board of it many soldiers that did not answer to the codes nor the empire itself.

Thus the man praised his luck a few times, the massive Valedictorian decloaking above the planet Nathema, as a small, dagger-like ship traversed unseen out of one of its many hangars before it cloaked itself again with haste. Like a shooting dark star, this small vessel raced towards Nathema's surface, where it landed not far from what the person aboard immediately gathered to be the ship of She who would be equally interested to this calling through the force.

As the ship's transparisteel cockpit hissed while opening, the sith lord placed his helmet upon his head and activated the small golden globe which laid resting upon the dashboard of the vessel. With a few buzzing noises it awoke and started floating upwards and then out of the ship, quickly followed upon the dark ground by the man who manipulated his way to power within the Confederacy of Independant systems. With a final glance at the ship next to his own vessel, the armored man scoffed and started walking into the depths where no man had come for so many ages, ready to meet this so-called child of a bygone era, his thirst for knowledge driving him ever onward in his pursuit for power.

He could hear the voices, the soft serene tones uttered by the witch known as the Nightmother which he'd recognise without fault or effort, soon followed by a slightly coarse tone of voice, a woman's voice, the momentary sound of crackling lightning faded within the darkness, while the Sith Lord kept his distance, using his mastery of force cloaking and force mask to practically erase his presence, simply to listen and to observe for the moment. However, when the 'Child' made mention of the one named Valkoryon and the Eternal empire, the jewel upon Credius' chest pulsated with the steady drum of an angered heartbeat, forcing the sith lord to make his presence known.

Rising from the shadows behind the nightmother like an ominous dark ghost, Credius placed his hand upon Vytal Noctura Vytal Noctura 's shoulder to show he was not here to contest her or her wishes...yet.

"The eternal emperor is emperor no more, my dear child," Muffled and morphed by his helmet, the Sith Lord's voice sounded otherworldly and inhuman, yet with such reverence, arrogance and authority only a true sith could display with only words. "Ever since, empires have risen and fallen...but the Sith empire yet lives...but not as you may remember it, dear sister."

Vytal was pleased to find the woman drinking the potion. It didn't take a spirit to tell the Nightmother that Reyida was weak from her slumber. It was a bit much to expect the woman to trust her from the start, but considering the options... At least now the woman might regain enough endurance to walk of her own accord. Pose a threat? Possibly. It had been a strong sense of presence that had drawn her notice, but such things did not always correspond to one's raw power or skill.

"I come from Dathomir. Yet, my kin may not have existed in your time." How old was she? Difficult to say. Some of the architecture and symbols Vytal had noticed reminded her of similar in her reading in the library on Ryloth. Quite old. Prideful as they were, the origin of the Nightsisters was not truly ancient. Well storied, but not the eldest in creation. She like to think they made up for lost time as a people, however.

"Valkorion? Tenebrae--" a slight lift in her voice was drawn out by interest in some incredibly powerful history. Such a moment was short lived as Credius decided to show himself at last. Curse the Fanged God for not keeping him at bay. No, Vytal wagered it was the Fanged God that likely spurned the man to act. Her favored deity seemed to delight in aggravating Vytal.

A soft harrumph slipped between the Witch's dark lips. "A creature like that does not simply perish." Vytal turned her head slightly to look back and up at the Lord that graced them with his presence. "I could conjure his spirit here if you like, though I should think all of Nathema would be lost in containing it once more."

Whether the pale woman truly meant they could bring such a spirit to the place where they resided, Vytal's eyes shifted back to the awakened woman once more. "A Sith Empire lives. Much as A Republic stands. They are naught like their former selves. Though you should not hold it against them; there is no point to life if it remains stagnant. Which brings us to you, and your future."

Introductions were in order. "My name is Nightmother Noctura of the Mandragora -- an organization far too young for you to yet know, but one that has amassed significant knowledge in the ways of power. All too often the Empires and Republics of the galaxy forget themselves and place all life at risk to acquire ever more; the Mandragora exists to maintain the balance," Vytal explained after she'd risen to her feet. She would let Credius do the honors of announcing himself; it would be rude to presume identity or purpose in being there. However much he sought to allay concern they were at odds, the Nightmother doubted they were unified in spirit.

Tag: Sabine Delacroix Sabine Delacroix | Credius Credius

Credius' attention was momentarily directed at the nightmother, who seemed slightly agitated with his presence, no doubt annoyed at the very fact that even so far away from the Confederacy, it looked like any ripple in the force could not go unnoticed by others than just herself and he himself knew very well that this particular nightmother and himself had a certain...rivalry between them. Even if there was no hostility between them, there had always been that element of tension and contension, the obvious result of two strongminded individuals both within the force and within their inate characters.

A muted scoff could be heard when the nightmother mentioned the probability of being able to conjure up, nay summon the likes of Valkorion from the depths of the netherrealm or wherever that shadow of the past would reside. The so-called eternal emperor had not gotten a most favorable end after all and even the likes of Credius himself would not wish to face even but the spirit of the man himself, let alone the full brunt of unimaginable power that infamous legend held with or without a corporeal form.

As the witch finally decided to introduce herself to the awoken member of the order of the sith, it seemed that it was but the most courteous of him to at the very least introduce himself as well in this occassion. "You may address me as Darth Halcyon, though I might carry the title of a lord of the Sith, I no longer affiliated myself with the pretenders of this era," Fairly certain he had not used this 'other' name within earshot of the Nightmother yet, Credius did wonder how'd she react, but realized that in the eyes of a witch, these things were of not concern at all anyway. "As the esteemed Nightmother has said, I to seek to balance the scales of chaos within this galaxy, but not through the means which the Mandragora employ, though as of late, our goals seem much aligned in this never ending struggle of balance and control."

Tilting his head slightly, the armored sith lord looked down upon Sabine Delacroix Sabine Delacroix with great interest, simply because of the whsipers, the tendrils of the force surrounding her, it was unmistaken that her presence was an odd one to say the least. "Do tell...how does one get so lost in time and space that one misses the very advent and the fall of so many an empire and republic throughout the ages?"

L E A R N

Reyida felt her strength returning by the moment wondering if it anything to do with her presence on Nathema and the scars the planet bore, but that was a question for another day for the moment she opened her palm and looked down at it moving each finger with purpose, the stiffness from the stasis was wearing off and she stood feeling stable under her own power finally. As Vytal Noctura Vytal Noctura spoke to her she studied the room for the first time and walked toward a table with a hermetically sealed chest upon it a genetic lock on it. Studying it for a moment she ran her hands around the outside checking for traps it was not her first time in a tomb or ruin after all.​

“Dathomir” she chuckled darkly “Yes I know of it, in my time it was nothing but a home to monsters, those foolish enough to land there usually did not live long. And it was of little interest to the Empire in a strategic sense” she didn’t say this with any sort of malice just a matter of fact and a tactical assessment. When Vytal mentioned something about summoning Valkorian she spun on her heels.​

“Absolutely do not ever conjure that fool, as much as I would relish the chance to kill him a second time he is better off forgotten where he can no longer play his twisted games” it was absolute anger that she showed not fear, she despised him very deeply as many did in her time for abandoning the Sith Empire and leaving them with lesser beings in charge, though if she was honest he had been right about the Sith to a large degree they were flawed as they were at the time and she surmised the situation would likely be the same here. She regained her composure quite quickly and listened to Vytals words. Nightmother, Mandragora neither meant anything to her it was as if somebody tried speaking basic to a rancor.​

When Credius Credius entered the chamber, her eyes darted to him immediately and she studied him quietly a moment as he introduced himself and her eyes narrowed sharply the malice and cold detachment visible for the first time. “Child? You are both children to me, I do not how long I have been in this chamber, but I promise you I have lived longer than you can fathom ‘Child’. She spat his words back at him before responding to the rest of his words. ”You speak like a Jedi not a Sith ‘Darth’ Halcyon. One thing I have learned through my years is that balance means one thing, when light or dark becomes too strong the opposite rises to meet it, that is the only balance you will find. You may as well seek to alter the flow of time while you are at it.”

When he asked his question of being lost in time she chuckled again “How does one get so lost in time you ask? You refuse to kneel before the most powerful Sith that has ever lived and he for some reason doesn’t decide to kill you” her eyes narrowed at him before turning back to the chest on the table and she undoes the lock, with a small hiss the lid opens and she looks inside taking out several items from inside the box and laying them down, one a set of the blackest robes she had owned, her lightsaber wrapped in a cloth and next to that her mask. She ran her hands over each item, there was another item under the mask but that was not for them to see. She unwrapped the cloth from her lightsaber and then grasped it then attached it to her belt where it belonged.​

“I suppose if we are doing introductions it is my turn. My name is Darth Phral, formerly of the Sith Empire and member of the Dark Council of Emperor Vitiate.” if either of them knew their history well they would know the name quite well from the days of the war with the Republic nearly four thousand years ago she was present at nearly all of the major battles through the war at one point or another. She had lead a defense against the Republic’s failed invasion of Korriban, participated in the battle over Hoth that had destroyed the Republics flagship the Star of Coruscant as well as most of the fleet, and numerous other battles, but her exploits off the battlefield were just as remarkable, she was a scholar for the most part able to unlock the secrets of artifacts that most could not hope to reach. Some may even whisper about darker powers she had access to that her former master had taught her, things lost to time.​

Sith-Bottom.gif

Last edited:
The pale Witch's black lips turned upward as she heard Reyida's description of home. "It remains as welcoming as it once was," Vytal replied, proud of her little ball of almost certain death. "Though 'modern' Sith seek to pacify it in a true demonstration of their complete failure to understand Dathomir's nature or its secrets." Military bases and agriculture... To think there could exist an Empire run by such foolish beings. Dathomir was a planet of dark power. But they were too occupied with viewing it as a tool. Just as Vytal had always thought of the Sith's shortsightedness -- they never grasped the fundamentals of the Way of the Nightsisters.

Reyida's scathing remarks about conjuring Tenebrae did not rattle the small smile from the Witch's lips. After all, such an outburst only help confirm which side of history this recently awoken woman was on. "You should judge him harshly, but I wonder if you judge the right creature for the right reason." Vytal's right index finger touch upon her lips as she regarded Reyida.

Even in the face of Credius' introduction the Nightmother's countenance did not waver. Though her green eyes slid aside to regard him then. The Viceroy had opted for Darth Halcyon, Sith Lord unaffiliated with the reigning Sith Empire, had he? There had been cause why she'd not taken the lead in claiming his identity aloud. Reyida was a member of another Sith Empire; it seemed unlikely Credius would opt for the known alias of Eriadu. Who could tell if that would hold any sway with their new associate? One Sith to another, however... Yes, Vytal could see his angle here.

The radiant green of Vytal's eyes was hidden behind her eyelids as the Nightmother stifled a chuckle. Reyida was not taken by talk of balance between Light and Dark, Order and Chaos. She equate such a pursuit to altering the flow of time. Maintaining that balance would be so difficult. Even the one Vytal -- and those like her -- sought to manage was... difficult. Easier in a fashion as theirs was a function of existence whereas 'Good' and 'Evil' were facets of mens' hearts; and a Nightsister knew how fickle those could be at times. Whether Halycon sought either was something Vytal's associates was still studying from a distance.

The explanation of her being, however, did cause the pale Witch to chuckle. "It meant for you to perish long ago. Fortunate for you, Its vessel was extinguished before It noticed a flaw in the device." Vytal paused in speaking for a moment as she turned and wandered over to a nearby wall. The tips of her fingers ran over a few glyphs inscribed there. "Your death was to be agonizing and prolonged. The stronger its victim, the longer the suffering -- how better to insult and injure a foe than by turning their strength against them?" That the woman retrieved her garments and lightsaber did not concern Vytal. After all, they couldn't ask someone like her to walk around in rags, could they?

"Six thousand years." Vytal paused for a moment before she turned her eyes away from the wall and back toward 'Darth Phral.' Somewhere between five thousand five hundred and six thousand years to be precise, but she preferred dramatic. She had warned the awakened woman there would be a shock. Well, more than one. "It is a pleasure to meet you, Darth Phral," the Nightmother slightly bowed her head to show respect while not suggesting deference by any means. "The Empire has made its home on Bastion in recent time, but I hope you will grace us with your presence instead." Yet again, it came back to what the woman's future held. With her nemesis brought down, and a completely foreign world around her, what would Reyida choose to do?

Hardly any reaction was given to the sith lord's change of demeanor, not even to the virulent presence of her malice and malcontent towards him, nothing more than a huffed scoff left his lips, barely audible through the helmet's voice modulator. However, with every word spoken in rebuttal towards the one who called himself Darth Halcyon, the large gem resting upon his chest started to glow, pulsate with a sickly crimson color. However, when the woman blatantly remarked that he spoke like a jedi rather than a sith, the shift in the air became palpable, with a single crackle of black sparks of electricity formed and almost immediately dissipated at the tips of the Sith lord's fingers on his right hand.

With a soft, barely audible, but somewhat sinister toned chuckle, the sith lord looked down at the nightmother, before turning his attention back at the time-displaced lady of the ancient order, another chuckle leaving his lips, this time louder and deeper. "It seems you have been in a slumber far too long... Darth Phral, your demeanor is that of a scorned child with little to no intellect to speak of, so yes...I will look upon you as but a mere child, no matter your race, your countenance or your titles," Perhaps this was brash, perhaps it was hasty, but Credius was not one to be insulted so clearly without giving some form of reprisal, either by words or by deeds. He did not care for who she was or what she desired, but to have called his way of speaking to be similar to that of a jedi was... something he could not go idly by. "Do not mistake longevity with wisdom, a certain flaw within the order of old...apparently."

For a moment, he didn't know if he had to laugh or cry at such a rudimentary view upon the galaxy, it all showed just how dogmatic the old sith were, in a way he didn't even need to respond to the insult Darth Phral had given, just by her demeanor and her words did she prove herself as being the one most likened to the dogmatic propensity of the jedi order. "Balance between light and dark...is as you mentioned a fool's errand, but I don't seek to balance those two...I seek to balance the galaxy itself, to maintain and to preserve the balance between order and chaos, to fan the flames of war when necessary, to bring down the hammer of judgment when it is deemed to be the only choice," Gripping his right hand tightly, the man suddenly fell silent, his helmet tilting slightly forwards as he looked at the Vele Jivanikas jewel he was wearing, his hand gliding in front of it for a moment, after which he seemed to pull out a shadow, the air becoming stagnant and filled with malice.

"Darth Phral, member of the dark council... it seems you have a strong opinion on my dear offspring," The shadow slowly formed itself somewhat to the likeness of an older looking man, a spirit trapped in a jewel hungering for the force itself, but in itself as ancient as the shade which now revealed itself. "I know of you and the councilmembers very well, Darth Marr...Darth Jadus, Darth Thanatos...you were all... so great, so powerful...so foolishly blind to the machinations of the ones above you."

The shade floated through the air, passing next to the nightmother for a moment, looking her right into her eyes, noticing the power the witch held and smirking upon realizing this. "interesting..." The shade halted right before Darth Phral, looking down upon her with an a purple glow manifesting itself within the hollow darkness of its eyes. "If you were so against the emperor, why use his name to boast your title...or has it alluded to you that vitiate and valkorion were one and the same, just as it alluded to all our brethren?"

"Cease this prattle, Darth Mephis," With a mere flick of his wrist, the armored sith lord drew in the shade towards himself, letting out a deep sigh. "I do not wish to throw around my weight or my proficiency within the force, there is no need for a pointless argument to lead to an even more pointless clash of strengths. You hold knowledge which I seek, knowledge which I desire and that is all, Darth Phral and in turn, both the esteemed nightmother and I myself can provide you insight in both the force and the galaxy in a whole. However, do note that unlike the nightmother...I am not a kind man, if you will not join us, than you must be eliminated, that is the only rule there is within this encounter."

Vytal Noctura Vytal Noctura | Sabine Delacroix Sabine Delacroix

R E M A D E
Tag: Vytal Noctura Vytal Noctura | Credius Credius
She listened to everything Credius had to say without reacting, his words rang true something was wrong she was not herself. The shade only reinforced the glaring problem, she took a step back and lowered herself to the floor closing her eyes she turned her senses inward and began to untangle the mess of her mind and even her own personality. Perhaps the damage from the stasis chamber had been more severe than she had realized. Careful evaluation was required and she took her time in analysis whatever had happened to her would be rectified she had learned much in her long life and not all of it was a pleasant experience, multiple voices in ones head was not a new thing nor did she relish the idea of it happening again she drew heavily upon the dark side of the force for several minutes she did not move, did not speak and did not even appear to breathe. The vortex of force energy around her diminished and her eyes opened they had a different look now distant, wiser, cunning. She stood up and first directed her attention to Credius, it was almost like she had snuffed out the life of whatever they spoke to before.​

“It would seem you were correct” her voice was cold, measured and devoid of pleasantry, her eyes indifferent to him or his previous insults or that of his shade. “Clearly the, the chamber did far more damage than I had realized. I believe that to be corrected now.” she smirked slightly her entire demeanor was different now she had the bearing of a true Sith not some sniveling child angry at the galaxy for some slight. “Firstly, Darth Halcyon my thanks in helping me reawaken myself, that was mildly disconcerting to say the least. Now you say you want knowledge from me, What is it you seek? Then we will see if it is something I will consider.” she studied him quietly his threats did not concern her in the least if he attacked she would defend it was that simple and she would be merciless. While he prepared his response she looked over at the one referring to herself as ‘Nightmother’ and inclined her head.​

“Six thousand years.” she wondered aloud momentarily as she dwelt on this for a moment, six thousand years would have seen the rise and fall of many empires and republics as they had alluded to, how many mysteries and artifacts waiting to be discovered by someone who could understand them, it was an enticing prospect in her mind something that would not go unexploited. How many lost items from her own time still existed out there, there were many items that she should very much like to get her hands on. Then she decided to address both of them “You said the Sith still exist but are a shadow of their former strength dubious as that may have been in the past, then to whom do you swear allegiance? I admit this galaxy is unknown to me, as already I have met a species I never knew from a planet I know to be primitive and without civilization. I suspect there is much more I need to be caught up on. Darth Halcyon want’s something from me, that is plain what do you hope to find here Nightmother?” to know where she stood she needed only a few things, what was being sought and who was doing the seeking and why. She watched them both, her face serious and drawn, she showed no emotion if anything she showed slight curiosity.​

Sith-Bottom.gif

Ah the crackle of lightning. Reyida herself had done the same thing when Vytal approached her chamber. It was perhaps the way Dark Side users mimed the shake of a rattle snake's tail; a warning to tread no further. Now it seemed it was Halcyon's turn. Something his fellow Sith had said.

To hear the man speak of his own aims, however, drew the Nightmother's green gaze. Balance Order and Chaos? That seemed able as obtainable as balancing Light and Dark or Good and Evil -- whatever words filled the role. It was all the same. An endless battle where you balanced the plates at one end of the table only to rush back to the furthest end to begin the cycle anew. Over and over again, constantly adjusting the balance.

Perhaps it was similar with the realm of the Living and that of the Dead. Vytal herself had witnessed several uses of Undead in her relatively short time among the Offworlders. Too many 'Alchemists' seemed content to dabble in Forces beyond their understanding. Beyond all understanding in certain cases. The disturbances in that balance were more pronounced than many others, however. Though Credius/Halcyon's eye for political maneuvers might allow him to see patterns to shape and mold with relative ease. It was not something the Nightmother enjoyed.

Her eyelids descended partially over her eyes as the gem the Lord wore glowed and soon a voice made itself known. Still wearing that artifact was he? For the time being it seemed... manageable, but the Nightmother knew such appearances were easily deceivable.

When the specter drew near, the pale Witch's gaze did not demure in the face of the spirit's passing.

A curve to the Nightmother's lips returned when Halcyon described her as kind. Not killing someone because they refused to join was kindness? Naturally the words fell from one trained in the ways of the Sith. If that was the way things were then so be it.

A moment of silence then passed as Phral seemed to enter into a trance to correct 'damage' done to her personality in her slumber. Yes, an absolute shame that a Sith should be anything but cruel, heartless, haughty, and above all always right. It was not that Vytal judged them for not being kind, considerate, accepting, and hopelessly romantic by any means. Sith were simply what they were and it seemed that had no interest in being anything else -- as evidenced by their poor interactions with the Nightsisters. That was a personal judgment of their ways, and only a few had fallen into the 'exception to the rule' category.

"The Mandragora aid the Confederacy of Independent Systems. It is a mutually beneficial arrangement." Only time would tell if a all too humble correction along the lines of what Vytal 'truly' meant would follow on that note.

Darth Phral then offered something in return or at least sought to understand the motives of the other person present, seeing how Halycon made his all too apparent. "I felt your awakening. I am not here to demand you join us -- the Confederacy is not so desperate -- but I would have been a fool to ignore it. Knowledge and Artifacts are of interest to the Mandragora. Ensuring they do not fall into incapable hands is a mandate, as far too often the foolish or unprepared can unleash horrors not seen in a thousand years. Should our pursuits interest you, then I would welcome you among us. Otherwise we will share our knowledge and part ways; hopefully not to find one another on opposing sides in the future," the Nightmother said as a cautionary note.

Halcyon seemed intent on not being so 'kind,' in which case where Vytal would stand in such a dispute between Sith was unclear. After all, Phral had not yet made any offers to garner the Nightmother's aid if she chose to remain independent. While Phral obviously held a good measure of power and it might later be proven wise to have killed her early on, the woman had given no reason for Vytal to do so. The balance was not at risk, and whether the woman went on to kill the innocent or help the broken was none of the Mandragora's concern. Provided she did so outside of Confederate space or in the shadows.

The armored man calmly let out a sigh, watching on as the ancient Sith Lord seemed to look into herself, apparently in a way fixing whatever was ailing her. The shade of his forfather maintained its presence next to him, though frequently averted its gaze from the lady of the sith towards the nightmother, both in awe and somewhat in a restless nature, as the force ghost of the ancient sith was already perfectly aware that of all the people currently present, she was by far the biggest threat to his continued existence. Muttering a curse in a whisper, the shade retreated a bit behind the armored Credius to continue to look on the unfolding events.

Deciding to let the nightmother explain her own motives first, Darth Halcyon remained quite even after being asked to tell Darth Phral what he desired from her, finding it more in his favor to allow Vytal to explain herself first and to allow himself some respite when she'd be done with granting a vision into her own desires and motivations to this visit at the very fringes of Sith space. In the meantime though, Credius pulled a small datapad out of his robes, motioning KRONOS to keep a good eye on the progress of the conversation, while also having the floating AI inavertedly scan the awakened sith lord to be sure there is nothing out of the ordinary in regards to her condition. After all, he couldn't have this time displaced oddity suddenly crumble to dust because of some self-levelling reaction from the timestream itself.

"Yes...the Mandragora can offer you insight in all matters pertaining the force and its nature," Credius scoffed, somewhat jokingly and rather callous at the thought of the nightsisters obviously being more willing to have a female sith join their cause. "Their archives, their repositories are all widely known among those who practice the ways of the force. Accepting the Nightmother's offer would be without a doubt beneficial to all who seek to broaden their horizon."

For a moment the man remained silent, as if to contemplate what to say next, but in reality, he just wanted to see how the nightmother would react to his uncharacteristic positivity towards her order. He was after all someone who enjoyed games such as these as much as any politician and manipulator of his kind did. "However... " Already aware what the Sith Lord was planning, the Force shade of Darth Melphis chuckled and started to float around the nightmother in an almost mocking nature, resting next to her silently. "get ready to be outplayed, my dear girl."

"What I desire is simply to gain knowledge on your time, a greater insight into the sith of old," Raising his hand slowly to his helmet, the man chuckled softly, again nearly inaudible. "In return I can grant you wealth to fund any desire you could possibly have, men to train with..."

The Sith lord stopped for a moment to look onto his datapad and chuckled yet again. "and ofcourse, you will find no one more suited than myself to allow you to be in a position of power and authority yet again. Why confine yourself with the Mandragora, whil I can grant you freedom to do as you please?"

O F F E R S

Reyida weighed Vytal’s words as she spoke committing to memory her mention of the Confederacy before listening to the rest of her speech as it was. No demands, no bartering a simple exchange of information and promises of artifacts, in the right hands much could be gleaned from an artifact and hers of course were the correct hands. There was compatibility there, but she knew they would never truly be allies but for a moment there could be cooperation. She regarded the Nightmother for a moment before eyeing the shade next to her and then she turned her attention to the one who calls himself Halcyon and listened. He spoke in detail about the Mandragora, jealousy perhaps? In one breathe he seemed to praise them and in the next moment he sought to undercut them. And then there it was laid bare the promise of riches, power and freedom, lies told to every child foolish enough to believe them she smiled a wolfish smile.​

“Indeed, and what need would I have for wealth in a galaxy this abundantly foreign to me? I suppose I could go buy a planet or something.” she remarked coolly and in a matter of fact. “As for your assistance in placing me in a position of power, perhaps you could, I would not be surprised in the least. Tell me then what would be the price owed for such favor? A simple exchange of knowledge? I think not I assume the strings attached to such an offer would be considerable.” She folded her hands and walked away from them both for a moment seeming to be deep in thought before directing her words to Halcyon as she turned back to him.​

“The problem you have Lord Halcyon is that before you knew who you were dealing with you extended an offer that to most Sith would believe to be supremely beneficial and accept almost immediately. However, you overlooked a fine detail. I was one of the Empires foremost experts on artifacts and the force, for me a tomb that lies undisturbed for thousands of years is worth more than an Empire. The secrets one can gain from such a place are innumerable. To that point, you yourself made the Nightmother’s case for her.” She smiled at him again and then quoted his words back to him.​

"Yes...the Mandragora can offer you insight in all matters pertaining the force and its nature, Their archives, their repositories are all widely known among those who practice the ways of the force. Accepting the Nightmother's offer would be without a doubt beneficial to all who seek to broaden their horizon."

She paused letting all she had said sink in he had made a commendable offer, in other conditions she may have accepted it but with him she would always have to be a step ahead, he was one that would constantly scheme and alter his plans and seek to undo her if given a chance. No, he was far too much like her in that regard it would not be a compatible relationship, two manipulators would only frustrate each other, and she was not prepared for that battle yet.​

Sith-Bottom.gif

"Hmm, such a pity," Waving his hand, the man forced the shade to return to the jewel forcefully, motioning the KRONOS AI to follow him. turning his back to the pair, the sith lord walked over to his own ship and grit his teeth beneath his helmet. He could've given her everything and she said no, obviously she did not know that in fact he could've actually given her an entire planet to own and explore at her own leisure, but than again... she was someone from a time where sith weren't exactly known for working together to benefit both parties. Such a pity it was indeed. "Ah well, you win some, you lose some."

Getting into his ship, he pulled off his helmet and slammed it down the windshield, his eyes bloodred, blue veins cracking through his skin. This was the second time that woman managed to get the better of him, get under his skin like this. Letting out a hiss, the sith lord started the Arrow's engines and engaged the cloaking device, swearing to himself that no matter when or how, he would not be bested by that wretched woman the next time, the next time...she would be the one failing.

The woman of Dathomir stood patiently by as Credius touted the benefits of accepting the Mandragora hospitality. Naturally, she expected what would follow. The Sith Lord was nothing if not cunning and fixated on accomplishing the task set before him. His movements among those outside of the Confederacy were prolific, and his strength was hardly laughable. Were it the two of them could work together that would benefit them both. Yet, the Mandragora were not a faction interested in expansion or manipulation of people in small or large number. So long as they did not persecute them or seek to unravel reality itself. The overlap in interests were somewhat confined as a result of differing pursuits.

Where the specter seemed inclined to use Credius as a shield moments ago, in that moment Halcyon pivoted the ghost was quite bold. It drew the Nightmother's green gaze for a moment. It was lucky she was not predisposed to making examples of others.

As for Halcyon's offer, the pale Witch could see the allure of such an offer. Why settle for knowledge when you could gain power in many forms, re-establish your authority, and lay claim to whatever troves you desired? It would have been unfortunate if Phral was led away with that offer. After all, the exchange of information was the lifeblood of their coven.

It went without saying the interaction between Sith, while in Vytal's immediate favor, seemed to do little to improve her relation with Credius/Halcyon. That was unfortunate, but much time was left to both of them in this world. There was no telling in which direction their paths would take them.

With one Sith Lord departed, the Nightmother's eyes returned to Darth Phral as she stood in the ruins of Nathema. "We have many artifacts and tomes that will capture your attention, and your insights should be invaluable in understanding them better." Six thousand years was a long time for new things to be made. A little flattery wouldn't hurt either; and while there were no guarantees Phral's knowledge would translate over those millennia Vytal would be interested all the same in Phral's efforts.

"Is there anything we should seek out in this place before we depart?" Their present surroundings were not quite the most hospitable. They could do with more creature comforts to discuss possibilities for the future. For however long Darth Phral's attention was held until her ambition and interests drew her elsewhere.

D E P A R T U R E

Reyida watched as Halcyon departed the chamber shaking her head slightly and then walked back to where she had been standing early and turned back to the chest that contained her things. She pulled her cloak out and wrapped it around herself before she drew the hood up over her blonde head, finally she picked up the mask that still lay on the table and secured it to her head carefully she did not know if it would be day or night on the surface of Nathema but she would take no chances. The final item she took and placed within her robes securely tucked against her body, then finally she turned and faced the one called the Nightmother. “A pity, he gave up far too quickly, perhaps he doesn’t know the old Sith as well as he thinks he does. A bit of posturing is quick to reveal who has the better position, and the best offer.” her voice was not distorted by the mask, only slightly muffled, she walked toward the Nightmother finally before giving her a nod. “I do hope we work well together, I know you will not trust me and that is fine. In my current position I must take chances, but I will do so with the smaller risk."
She paused motioning the Nightmother into the corridor, waiting for the Nightmother to leave she then herself would move to the corridor before turning back toward the room she smiled beneath the mask. She would leave behind no evidence of her being here. She backed up from the doorway and held up both hands unleashing a torrent of force lightning which lit up the dark corridor in a purple blue light. The focus of the lightning was in fact the stasis chamber, which soon began to spark and smoke before the first bit of flame showed then the lightning ceased. And again, using both hands Reyida lifted the chamber with the force and flung it against the far wall before a large explosion occurred and even more flames began to emerge. “We should go now, if we are in Sith space this disturbance will not go unnoticed. Perhaps even Darth Halcyon would give us away if it didn't.” She waited for Vytal to lead the way out as clearly, she had found her way in.​

Sith-Bottom.gif

The Nightmother chuckled at Darth Phral's forthright observation. "I neither trust nor distrust you. Your well-mannered and culture demeanor is enough for us to share my vessel and leave this empty world. We can learn more of one another from there." Cautious? Certainly. A Dark Lord from a Sith Council thousands of years ago stood before Vytal now. Were the Sith then as they are now? Were those of this age even truly Sith? It left a woman of Dathomir wondering how many of her prejudices applied to a woman like this. As an unprecedented opportunity, Vytal did not want to dismiss her out of hand as a selfish creature that would ultimately betray her while providing nothing in return.

As she strode from the room, Vytal discretely keep tabs on Phral's movements. Her thoughts were on what the woman said earlier. Perhaps she should ensure the woman was brought up to speed on Sith of the modern age. Halcyon's response was one of two of the more common ones -- if she used such language with the wrong one, or when one was in the wrong mood, she would be met with the more hostile response. Capable as she was, a clash between Sith Lords rarely left a world better than it had been found.

Once Phral was done making sure the room was suitably punished for what had been done to her -- that evidence of her passing were erased -- the Nightmother smiled. "I would not worry about the Sith." Without bothering to elaborate, the pale woman turned and began to move back the way she'd come. "It will take some time to reach the surface. This chamber was buried quite deep to prevent accidental discovery." Or perhaps keep it out of the hands of anyone deliberating seeking to free Phral.

"Darth Halcyon will not have given us away," Vytal added a short while later as they ascended. "If he had a desire to kill us, he would have done so personally. And if he ever disrespects me by ordering some thugs to strike at me in his place, I will do him the favor of killing him instead." Hopefully that explanation would be sufficient. Obviously there were more solid reasons Vytal expected he wouldn't rat them out, but those would only serve to destroy the image he'd presented. An image that they may want to discuss now that it was out in the open between them.

She smiled at the Nightmother’s words under her mask and even chuckled a bit “A very prudent posture Sith in my time were always scheming, seeking to gain advantage over one another even as the Empire burned and lost ground against the Republic. I suppose that is something that probably has not changed.” she shook her head “Reluctantly I have to say much of what Halcyon’s shade said was true, the dark council was blind I was perhaps not as blind but blind still.” she kept pace with the Nightmother, not even a thought of violence, no intent to harm from her at all either she truly had none or she was adept at hiding it or perhaps the promise of study and knowledge was as she had told Darth Haclyon worth more than Empires.​

She smiled at the Nightmother’s response to her comment about Halcyon selling them out and chuckled a bit. “At least he has the fortitude to do it personally, not all Sith are that way. Frankly even I prefer to..” she gave a quick pause “Entice people to act on my behalf. After all, first and foremost I am a scholar not necessarily a soldier but for when the need arises.” When they finally emerged from what was surely supposed to be her tomb, she glanced back at it a moment as if expecting some attack or something. “Well then, to your ship then?”​

Sith-Bottom.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom