Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction A forgotten darkness

Vytal didn't reply immediately. Her gaze slowly slipped over her shoulder at Phral when she finished. "The Sith are diverse, but the philosophy is limited. Rage. Pain. Superiority. Unrestrained individualism where allies are often temporary alliances of convenience." Mercurial, in a word. Dangerous to discuss so openly with one of their number; especially one that Vytal may not fully understand. No matter the consistency over time, several thousand years were bound to hold some differences. "The realm is far greater than any of us truly know, and its greatest secrets will remain buried so long as we're consumed with our own, petty desire to become the strongest."

A smirk tugged at the Witch's black lips. "The ship is not much further," she acknowledged as she emerged from the cave and stepped out into the bleak atmosphere.

"And I do not think any less of you for employing others. I judge people by their own standard, and Halcyon is fully capable of engaging in personal combat," the Nightmother added. "So, what is it a Council member would seek to learn first once she had left this world behind? We'll have plenty of time to talk before we arrive." They were nearly on the other side of the galaxy, after all.

Tag: Sabine Delacroix Sabine Delacroix

Reyida followed behind the Nightmother nodding to her with a slightly cold laugh. “You are not incorrect, some Relish in pain, fear, vanity and other such novelties. What motivates me is knowledge, the arcane the things hushed about and best left buried. These are such of the secrets I assume Halcyon wished me to divulge but those are not his to have” she shook her head slightly as she walked along continuing toward the ship “Even the wisest of Sith are usually blinded by hubris and rage and all too often self-importance.” none of her statements were untrue, many in her time were of the same mold, the generic stereotypes of Sith who could not see past their own ambitions to see their Empire crumbling around them.
“I am fairly certain by this time I am no longer a council member nor am I sure I would like to return to that position” she paused considering the question posed. Something to talk about, yes indeed to Ryloth it would be a long trip from Nathema something she had not honestly thought about at first. “First enlighten me to the political climate of the galaxy, from there we can expand the topics. So far, I know of your Mandragora, the Confederacy and the Sith. Whom else is out there now?” while not the most fun topic it is good to know the political landscape sooner rather than later.

Sith-Bottom.gif

Vytal looked over at Reyida as the woman responded. They, surprisingly, agreed in essence on the subject. Could it all be a ruse to earn the Witch's trust? Certainly. It was well within the realm of possibility. How else had Sith wormed their way into Nightsister clans to learn their secrets? The Clan Mothers were not stupid. Foolish, perhaps, to trust a Sith Lord; or careless in not ensuring some means of extracting something in return for their knowledge. Well, she would not be so easily misled.

Though she hoped Darth Phral would, at least, recognize an opportunity for equivalent exchange.

The ramp to her vessel lowered from beneath the cockpit to allow the women to ascend within. Vytal listened as Phral inquired further about the new world she found herself in. Perhaps much would sound familiar, but with different names. Had society changed much in thousands of years? You would think so, but then the worlds themselves often took old forms. Societies pined for Days of Glory, trapped in the past, unable to move forward. Lost in their towering constructs.

As Vytal took to the pilot's seat and ran through the pre-flight checklist with a few flicks of her wrist, she thought about what Reyida asked. "The Outer Planet Alliance occupied the Outer Rim. Little has changed in that region. The Silver Jedi stand between the Confederacy and the Sith. Often they are besieged by their philosophical opposites." The thud and hiss of the ship sealing up sounded. "At the Core is a Fledgling Republic and a so-called Alliance both vying for control."

As the engines powered up, Vytal looked over at Reyida. "What factions existed from the time you knew?"

Tag:
Sabine Delacroix Sabine Delacroix

Reyida walked along with Vytal up the ramp and into the ship while she listened quietly while the Nightmother rattled off names and places, the locations were of course the same, but the names were all different and she chuckled a bit. “So empires fall and arise anew and still they squabble over the galaxy and who is right to control it.” she sighed a bit and shook her head, the mysteries of the force were so much more intriguing if only the brutes of the galaxy could stop fighting long enough to figure that out.

Moving ever so carefully almost as if to avoid startling she took a seat next to her leaning back into the seat and staring out of the window, folding her eyes she listened to the engines roar to life and felt the detachment from the ground below, it would be good to be away from Nathema and the Sith, far far away at least for a time. When her thoughts came back to her prompted by Vytal’s question she smiled a bit.

“A quite bit less chaotic perhaps. There was of course the republic and the sith empire, there was also the hutt cartel, the Mandalorians and of course the ones too small to remember. It was a simpler time; the enemies were clear, and we had the advantage. At least we thought we did; how much do you know of our era?” she raised an eyebrow and turned toward the Nightmother, based on her response would tell her how much she would need to bring her up to speed on.

Sith-Bottom.gif

Vytal did not disagree with what the Sith Lord said. It was the state of things as the humble Nightsister found them in venturing off world. A sad state for such a massive galaxy where anything should be possible. In a way, however, that state of affairs had kept the five that left Dathomir grounded and unified in their traditions. There was little allure to the gross behavior of offworlders or their chaotic and corrupt societies.

As the ship veered upward and toward space, the initial navi-computer calculations under way, she listened to Phral's response. There were a great many similarities with the past, as expected. Still, a first-hand source was always preferable when it came to history. "I know more of its philosophy, development of artifacts, and events that threatened the galactic balance than I do its politics or military battles. Valkorian and that Empire stood out despite my lack of interest in historical events." An undying Emperor that sought to claim the entire galaxy and amassed power was difficult to ignore. The man -- or the entity in the man -- was of interest to the Nightmother.

"Unfortunately," she added, "the Hutts and Mandalorians remain. Perhaps not what they once were, but their culture stands the test of time." It was only unfortunate because of their unique focus -- much as the Sith themselves. Vytal did not hate them for who they were, but their aims and their means so often conflicted Vytal wish their lifestyles did not clash as violently as they often did.

Tag: Sabine Delacroix Sabine Delacroix

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom