Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private A Day to Ourselves

The brief pause in their clash was appreciated, as the Count took a moment to catch his breath. A bead of sweat rolled down his temple, travelling along his cheekbone as he smiled, wiping his mouth with the back of his hand. He wasn't as fit as Amani, nor was he as good at conserving his strength, but he'd keep standing as long as he could.

As soon as Amani renewed her attack, Alicio could sense something had changed. She quickly darted to the side, and came in for a jab. His eyes widening in surprise, the Count just managed to push the blade away from him. Before he could fully recover from that attack, there was already another one coming.

Her blows were quicker, more precise, more obviously deadly. The Count's new training couldn't hope to keep up, even with the immediate future in his sight. Pushed to the limit, Alicio had to fall back on something more familiar; his unique style of Form II.

Upon seeing another brutal swing, the senator stepped forward into the strike, cutting it's momentum short, and invading Amani's space. He tried to use his blade's thinner, more maneuverable profile to his advantage, meeting Amani's ferocity with leverage, her unpredictability with clairvoyance.

It didn't work. Obviously.

Amani's final yank in the Force was enough to completely dismantle his strategy, pulling him off his feet and onto the ground. "Good- ouch," he said, sitting up and holding his forearm, his face showing pain.

Time to get creative.

As soon as Amani would get closer to investigate, Alicio attempted to pull her to the ground with him, using his "hurt" arm, laughing all the while.

- Amani Serys Amani Serys -

Amani could tell he was on the back foot. The struggle to keep up with the gap in experience growing more apparent, to the point he was even forced to resort to his more familiar Makashi just to stay in the fight. It had been enough to make her readjust, but ultimately proved to just delay the inevitable. A sudden interjection of the Force was unprepared for, knocking Alicio down and allowing Amani to deliver the final blow. Or rather, stop the blade shy of his face and signifying as much.

She was panting from exertion, the adrenaline of battle flooding her veins even now in little more than a training match. She wasn't sure how to feel about that. But Amani was more focused on mentally preparing whatever sort of wisdom she intended to impart regarding his performance, or at least she was, until her boyfriend appeared to wince in pain. And for a moment, her face dropped. Had she really gotten so caught up in things as to hurt him? Afraid of as much, Amani reached down tenderly to check on him, "I-" Not a moment later, he had her on the ground. Played.

It didn't even fully register at first, she just stared confusedly at the ceiling which was for some reason suddenly in her line of sight. She blinked, and looked over to see the laughing Count, quite satisfied with himself. Amani just rolled her eyes and scoffed a single laugh; She would gladly take the cheap trick over having actually hurt him. "You think you're real funny, don't ya?" The mirialan reached and shoved at Alicio's "hurt" arm, now unable to hide a few more genuine giggles.

Alicio yanked Amani onto the ground next to him, laughing behind his hand mischievously as she fell. In a way, he'd defeated her. If you squinted, and turned your head to the side...

Alicio chuckled as the Jedi pushed his arm, taking a moment to rake his fingers through his hair, to correct a few locks that had fallen out of place. "I'm hilarious, and you know it," he said, attaching Introspect to a loop at his side.

"Thank you for the lesson, Amani." He let his bubbly mirth die down a little, but didn't lose his smile, as he turned to fully face the mirialan. "I know I'm not the best at... this... yet, but I feel safer already." The Count leaned back, propping a forearm on his upturned knee.

"So, any notes?"

Amani stared at the Count with an unamused expression. Or, at least it was supposed to seem unamused, but the smirk twitching at her lip betrayed her. "Hmmm…" She hummed, sitting up beside him, refusing to acknowledge how or how not hilarious he might have been.

On a more genuine note, he thanked her, and Amani smiled in turn, "Sure. I'm glad." All things considered he had done well. The potential was clear, it just needed further refinement. She gave his performance some analysis, then replied, "Keep working on your footing. I mentioned it during the duel but you're too eager to start moving around. Remember, with Form III, patience is key. Obviously you shouldn't just stand there and take hits if you can't defend them, but some of your positioning is just superfluous, and only risks throwing you off balance." It was an understandable enough mistake, given he was more used to Makashi; not to mention that the rush of battle wasn't really something that lent itself to a zen-like state. All going back to their conversation on staying calm under pressure. It would come with time.

"Overall, just keep practicing, and keep meditating, too. You'll get a better feel for it as you train. Ideally, a duelist will learn a little bit of most or all of the styles, and apply them each in combat. Everyone has a focus, but without variety you'll be out of luck when you come face to face with someone whose style counters your own." He was already making decent progress on that front, but she wanted to reaffirm it. Even just Makashi and Soresu together would make for a well-rounded fighter.

"Maybe we can do something like this again sometime, get into some of the more advanced stuff." She shrugged, having little else to offer after that. Amani gazed at the Count for a few long seconds, biting her tongue. Teta was still on her mind. The fight with Alina was on her mind. All events that could have gone even worse than they did. Not through any fault of the Count's, that is, but nonetheless they put his life on the line. "...I just want to keep you safe." She finally said.

"Footwork, training, meditating," Alicio repeated, counting off on his fingers. "I can do that."

Time spent practicing the blade would be difficult to come by, with his senatorial duties, but he could make time. Especially the meditation. That kind of calm was hard to come by.

And especially if he planned on continuing to jump into fights he didn't plan on winning.

Her advice with utilizing different styles elicited a ponderous look from the Count. He had first learned Form I, but it hadn't come as easily to him as Form II. Soresu was a new beast entirely, but he was catching on decently well. Maybe it was because he was trying to impress Amani. Trying to keep her from worrying.

The worry that Alicio could see in her face now.

"I don't want you to worry about me," he finally said, gazing into her beautiful blue eyes. "So, I'll keep practicing, until I'm better than you. Then it'll be my turn to keep you safe." Alicio's mouth twitched into a smug smile. Would he ever get to that point? Probably not. But it was nice to have a dream.

Alicio crossed his legs, cradling one of Amani's hands. "I can't promise you that I'll always be okay. But I can promise you that I will always try my hardest to be."

"For you."

Amani chuckled, trying to force down some of her more dour emotions, "If you wanna take on that responsibility, I'll gladly relinquish it… if you're ever good enough to take it." She forced a teasing smirk. It wouldn't stop her from trying to protect him anyway. "We'll just both have to keep each other safe." That worked for her. With him, Amani felt like she could do anything.

Alicio took her hand into his, and they stared into each other's eyes for a stretch of time. He promised. To try, at least. For her. It would have to be enough, "Good," Amani shifted, and leaned forward with an indiscernible look in her eye. "Worst case scenario-- I guess I can always fix you back up..." She scooted onto Alicio, straddling his lap and laying her arms over his shoulders. With a breathy gasp, she pressed her lips against his. The kiss was heated, passionate, and-

Knock knock knock

Almost as quickly as it started, it was broken off, as they were rudely reminded that this was, in fact, a public place. Somebody on the other side apparently had need of this training room. Thankfully, they were courteous enough to knock rather than blindly stumble onto the scene. That would be something she didn't need a class of padawans gossiping about. "I guess that's our cue." Amani freed the Count from her embrace, and offered to help him up, "Just remember what I told you."

"We'll just both have to keep each other safe."

Alicio smugness transitioned into a kind smile. They would have each other's backs. And even if she wasn't there physically, her training today would certainly protect him.

Amani transitioned to sitting on his legs, and the nobleman's grin turned a touch more carnal as they kissed. This embrace was different than most they'd shared in the past. Usually, their quiet moments were soft, and sweet, and caring, but this this time they had a burning passion. Alicio looped his arms around the small of her back, and gave into the fire of the moment.

Until they were interrupted.

Alicio looked towards the door, pouting at the knocking, before accepting the Jedi's helping hand. "That I'm a bad influence on you, and I think I'm really funny?" He gave her a winning smile, before nodding sincerely.

"I'll remember."

As much as she was feeling otherwise, their night would have to come to an end. Even as Alicio ran with his joke form before, she had no roll of her eyes to offer, only a sly grin, "Exactly."

She straightened out the Count's jedi duds, and pinched his cheek, breathing a little more easily with his confirmation. Tonight alone was a good enough sign for her that things were heading in a good direction. The effort was meaningful, and comforting.

It couldn't assuage all concerns; More and more it felt like the galaxy was trying to threaten what time they had together. No amount of preparation could completely erase that possibility that one wrong move could suddenly bring everything they have to an end. She'd made peace with such things before, being a Jedi. But their relationship had brought a new perspective to it all.

"There's a reopening celebration being planned for the Jedi temple soon. Politicians are included among the guest list. Come with me." They were ready to show the galaxy that they were together. This would only strengthen that fact. "In any case… See you for movie night." After that she would slide open the door, and after a brief apology to the waiting Jedi, Amani would take her leave.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom