Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private A Day to Ourselves

Coruscant.png

OUTSIDE THE JEDI TEMPLE, AFTERNOON
CORUSCANT

In a few of the old romance holoflicks Alicio had watched, there would sometimes be a scene where a person would wait outside their beloved's home. Armed with either a pile of small stones to throw at a window, or a stringed instrument to sweetly serenade the night, the protagonist would coax out the artifact of their affection. Alicio declined to do either of those things.

The latter, because he wouldn't be caught dead singing with an audience. The former, because he'd likely be arrested. Not that he'd be able to reach one of the windows of the Jedi Temple with a rock, anyways.

The newly-minted senator wore a chique black ensemble, and a barely-contained smile. Since his appointment to Alderaan's seat in the Assembly, he scarcely had a moment of time to rest. Hiring an aide, moving into a new apartment, and attending meetings among fellow senators hadn't given him much free time. Alicio generally liked always having something to do. But ever since he began spending time with Amani, he'd discovered that, perhaps, some things were more important than work.

So, as he stood, with his hands firmly in his pockets, waiting at the edge of the temple grounds in full view of the massive steps, Alicio tried to push thoughts of the Senate far from his mind.

Tomorrow can be for someone else. Today was for them.

- Amani Serys Amani Serys -

Last edited:
In perhaps one of the Force’s more generous gestures, Amani and Alicio found themselves in the unique position of work bringing the two of them closer together. The former finding herself operating at the freshly rebuilt Jedi Temple on Coruscant, and the latter at the Senate Chambers… also on Coruscant.

She’d have to remember to send a silent prayer to the Great Cosmic Space Magic Above some time, but for now, they were gladly going to capitalize on their free time. The Jedi could wait. The Senate could wait.

Amani’s slender green frame eventually appeared at the edge of the stairway, looking exceptionally small in comparison to the temple’s monolithic architecture. She tiptoed quickly down the steps until she reached Alicio, giving him a quick kiss in greeting, “Afternoon, Senator,” She grinned at mention of his new title, something she never got to properly congratulate him on given how the night went on Teta, “You’re looking as dour as ever,” A snicker at her own teasing. He dressed dark, but his own smile betrayed a warmer presence behind that exterior. Hypocritically, Amani herself was dressed in similarly black clothing today, in a casual dress she had picked up shopping with Valery. So if anything they’d be matching this time, in contrast to her often brighter sense of fashion.

“Figure anything out yet for today?” They hadn’t given much thought to what they were doing yet, just happy to spring into the opportunity as soon as it presented itself.

Last edited:

Spotting a speck of green and black amid the soaring light tans of the temple walls, Alicio's smile broke from his face. He waited patiently for Amani to approach, trying not to seem too eager as the Mirialan descended the steps, accepting her kiss in full, and gracing her with a mischievous expression. "Master Jedi," he said, chuckling. "You're one to talk." Then, more sincerely, "You look nice."

In response to her question, Alicio huffed. "...Vaguely? I was looking up restaurants on the Holonet, and there are far too many options for dinner. I don't suppose you know anywhere that's good?"

"As for other plans... Um, I was wondering if you wanted to help me... practice with my lightsaber."
He realized the obvious innuendo, and decided not to comment on it. "It doesn't have to be today, or even at all, if you don't want, but I could use the training."

"Otherwise, I heard that Monument Plaza is a must-see for new arrivals."

"Thanks. You too…" Amani still found herself grinning sheepishly at his compliments. Especially as this was in the realm of fashion, which she was only just recently bothering to delve into. She admitted as much with a whisper and a wink, like she was exchanging a secret, "Val helped me pick it out."

His indecision was unsurprising, to which Amani responded with faux-shock, "No… You mean a planet-sized city of trillions has too many restaurants to choose from?" She snorted. Her own knowledge wasn't much more expansive, "Not unless you want some trashy fast food." Amani wouldn't even hate that right now; But maybe they could find something a little better for their first night together on Coruscant.

Alicio's second proposal earned a highly raised brow, and an amused smile, "Your… lightsaber?" Similarly, she picked up on the all-too-easy innuendo, and similarly, she let the silence more or less make the joke for them. "Alright. No, I like that idea. Maybe we can come back here after and I'll show you some tricks." Amani nodded, trying to keep it presented as something casual. But deep down there was a desperate desire to fulfill that need. After Teta, the thought of him being caught in a situation like that again had shaken her. If he had been fighting someone who intended to kill him. If she hadn't been there…

She swallowed that train of thought beneath her pleasant expression, "Well, why not both? Monument Plaza is supposed to have plenty of shops and restaurants around it. We can decide on something there." Amani interlocked her hand with his, and faced forward as if ready to move. Well, they'd probably need a cab or something there. But otherwise, yes, ready to move.

Last edited:

At the return of his compliment, Alicio adjusted the position of his coat, grinning. He didn't often dress down. Nobility on Alderaan were expected to look their finest, wherever they were. But Coruscant was, obviously, different. If she had taste this good, maybe he'd have to go shopping with Valery too. Or he could commission his sister, Claire Organa Claire Organa . Alicio was sure she would enjoy the challenge.

Adopting Amani's energy, Alicio crossed his arms in front of his chest. "I know, who would've thought?" Then, after her following suggestion, he shrugged. "We'll have to do a late-night McYoda's run soon. But for today, I was thinking more of a sit-down."

As expected, the Jedi took the low-hanging fruit. Alicio rolled his eyes playfully, with an unspoken 'you know what I mean'. But her acceptance of his idea did lift a weight from his shoulders. "Good. Sounds like a plan." He knew, as much as Amani did, how vulnerable he had been on Empress Teta. He didn't want to make her worry. Ergo, he needed to get stronger.

Maybe next time, Alicio will be strong enough to take his captive alive.

There was a flicker of darkness across his face, before he banished it completely. It wasn't too hard, with Amani now holding his hand. "Alright," he said, a glint of secrecy in his eye as he began to walk alongside her. "I'll pay for the cab, you choose the restaurant."

Last edited:
"Alright," Amani echoed, and began inputting a request for an air taxi on her datapad, "Let's get ourselves a cab, then." She guided him towards the very edge of the temple's premises, where eventually one such taxi descended from the endless web of aerial traffic and offered its doors to them.

Amani slipped into the backseat, and once Alicio had done the same, looked to their towering Ithorian driver, "Monument Plaza, please." He nodded, and mumbled something low in his stereophonic native tongue before taking off. She nodded back, then turned her sights to the skyline as they rose into the sky. The taxi was open-air, meaning the wind made her hair fly back in a billowing black cascade.

"So, you been settling in okay?" Amani turned to Alicio, speaking a little louder now over the rushing air.

Last edited:

There was a certain vast beauty about Coruscant's endless cityscape.

Countless rising buildings pierced the sky, around which flowed long rivers of speeders and ships. Monuments of bustling industry and thousands of years of history, stretching on ad infinitum. Trillions of people, each with a story, hopes, and dreams, coexisting together in the purest expression of civilization Alicio had ever seen.

Their cab was only a small speck on a canvas of colors.

"So, you been settling in okay?"

Alicio turned his eyes away from the scenery to look at Amani, his own hair tousled by the wind. "Mostly," he reponded, volume raised a titch. "I'm officially moved into an apartment by the Senate Building. Getting furniture in was a hassle, let me tell you." He ran a hand through his hair, trying to keep it as tame as he could, despite the wind.

"I've also had a few meetings with other senators. They've been... fine." His tone revealed that they might not have been, in fact, fine. He scooted closer to the Mirialan, lowering his voice to be afforded a bit of privacy. "Everyone I've met in the Senate wears a mask. They keep their agendas close to their chest, even if they're well-meaning. Which, is to be expected, I guess. Still, not the best environment to make friends."

He was still getting used to the song-and-dance of the Assembly, and still deciding whether a senator should dance at all.

He raised his voice again, showing some curiosity in return. "How has the Order been? Are you transitioning well?"

"I'd imagine," Amani added conversationally. She seemed to have more or less accepted the fate her hair was now beholden to, letting its volume really air out behind them. With Alicio's shift in body language, she leaned in as well, trying to listen over the constant gust.

"That's politicians for you," She shot her boyfriend a pitying smile; If there was one realm where Amani's do-gooder optimism no longer extended, it was the arena of politics. Most chances for positive change were often stifled by an endless web of bureaucracy and greed. Alicio himself was about the only exception to that rule, as far as she could see. His passion was no small part of what she admired about him, but since he'd told her of his intent to take a seat in the Senate, she couldn't help but anticipate how its realities might challenge the Count.

"Everybody's playing their own game. And usually the whole 'representing the common people' part is an afterthought. But… stick to your guns. Who knows, maybe some like-minded people will finally open up to join you." She smiled warmly, "I believe in you." If nothing else, she could say that with absolute certainty. If there was change to be made, Alicio had the potential to be a catalyst.

He flipped the question back on her, and Amani nodded, "It's been good. The NJO have been really welcoming. I was pretty hesitant heading into things, but… I'm glad I did." This felt like her opportunity to make a change. Her time working as an Outer Rim medic had been a transformative stage, but coming back, she realized that this was the role she was really meant to take all along. "Now that the temple's rebuilt, it's even more familiar. We held a sparring session with a group of padawans the other day… Felt like I never left." A nostalgic grin spread across her face, and her gaze wandered idly across the endless sea of buildings.

Alicio smiled appreciatively at Amani's sympathy. Of course, he'd known on some level that the galactic stage was a different beast than the planetary one, but he wasn't prepared just how different it would be. Everyone wanted something from him, each conversation a duel to achieve what they desired. He was unused to that kind of interaction.

"Maybe," he said, laughing a bit. "Changing the hearts and minds of a bunch of politicians sounds like a hefty undertaking. But I'll give it my best shot." He had to try. He would be as honest and sincere as he could. Even if they called him naïve, or simple, or stubborn, as he knew they likely would. He could take it all, as long as he held onto hope for a better day.

As long as Amani believed in him.

"That's great! Really great," Alicio responded, folding his hands politely in his lap, also having given up on his (frankly, more manageable) hair. Now knowing why Amani left the Jedi in the first place, he understood, at least in part, how much this meant to her. "I'll be the first to admit I don't know much about the Jedi Way, but I'm glad you've found your place in it again."

Maybe now, you can finish forgiving yourself.

Alicio spotted Monument Plaza in the distance, but kept his eyes on Amani, secretly admiring her with a hand on his cheek. If she looked his way, he exaggeratedly turned his face to the side, jokingly pretending to have been looking somewhere else. "Anyone giving you trouble? Stuck-up masters? Accident-prone padawans?"

“I know you will. Otherwise I guess I’ll just have to find some way to make you a little more motivated,” She added with a suggestive lilt, before returning to a more neutral posture. The driver hadn’t seemed to pick up on it over the wind, or maybe he was just trying really hard not to pay attention to his passengers. Amani scoffed at herself before letting the topic move on in full.

“Thanks. It’s a good feeling.” She affirmed. Perhaps the biggest perk was the sense of camaraderie, and togetherness; Something she hadn’t realized was missing so desperately from her solo travels. A belonging. “Not reallyyyy…” Amani seemed to hang onto the thought before sighing, “A couple of the padawans got into a fight, like an actual fight, during the get-together. Kai and Corin. They’re both good kids, just… got some stuff they need to work through.” She found a way to laugh a little, “Kai in particular seems to have a habit for stressing me out, but… I wouldn’t call him trouble. Troubled, maybe.” There was a twinge of pity which flashed across her face, before her thoughts returned to the more pleasant present.

Their cab began a gradual descent toward the plaza, where pedestrians could be seen milling about the grandiose decor. In the middle of it all, the protrusion of a rocky peak surrounded by the highest concentration of onlookers. They were let off at the exterior perimeter of the mall courtyard, and Amani glided out of her seat and offered a quick, “Thank you!” to their driver. He once more responded in his native language, which Amani seemed to regard with some degree of comprehension. She then turned expectantly to Alicio; He’d said he was going to pay, after all, and their cabby was awaiting his keep.

Amani's risqué comment warranted a quick peek at the driver, who seemed to be minding his own business. Alicio turned back to her, his face equal parts amused and scandalized. "Okay," he muttered with a faux-exasperated sigh, hiding his smile.

Alicio shot a happy smile at his date as she spoke about the Jedi. Having somewhere to belong was important to the Count, as well. Putting down roots, joining a community, being a part of something greater than one's self, Alicio needed that. He'd spent enough time being apart from the galaxy.

"Well, whatever Kai and Corin are struggling with," he began, "they have a great support network, and are surrounded by some of the best role-models they could hope for. Present company included." He pointed a finger Amani's direction. "Even if you're a bad influence on me." He winked.

"I don't know them, but as long as they have people like you, I think they'll turn out fine."

The speeder descended at their destination, dropping the pair off. Alicio felt Amani's anticipative gaze, and stepped up to the side of the Ithorian. "Here you are. That should be everything, have a good rest of your..." The cab driver sped off, obviously in a hurry.

"...Day." Alicio shrugged off the driver's haste, and went to Amani's side, offering his arm. "That's one thing I don't like about Coruscant. Everyone has somewhere to be." Alicio awaited the Mirialan to take the lead. That was their deal, after all; he paid the taxi, she had the peruse the countless food options.

The Alderaanian cast his eyes around the plaza, enjoying the ambiance, but growing a confused expression. "Why is everyone looking at that rock?" he asked ignorantly.

Last edited:
Amani seemed appreciative of his assurances, only to quickly shift into mock-offense, "Excuse me, I am a great influence on you. Name one time I've ever led you astray." She broke into a giggle shortly after.

Their cabby took off at the earliest possible moment, and she simply shrugged, "There's always something going on. Can't say it's a place I'd usually be interested in living in myself." Amani preferred quieter places, with more nature to actually speak of than metal skyscrapers. She couldn't blame the cab driver too much though, in a city like this, his job must be a busy one.

Amani followed his gaze to the rock and answered, "That-" She at it, then took Alicio's arm to lead him towards the site in question, "-Is the peak of one of Coruscant's mountains. It's like- the only natural stone on the entire surface. Umate." She read the name off the large informative plaque as they came within sight of it. The concept itself was pretty neat, but her mouth turned sideways; Figures that the only natural growth to be found up top anymore was a big gray rock.

People gathered to reach out and touch its formation, and Amani pushed the two of them through to do the same. She grazed her fingers against the cool stone, then seemed to linger in thought for a few long seconds. There was an undercurrent of excitement, and even a little nervousness, "You know, this is our first time out. Together. In public." It hadn't even occurred to her until they were already in the cab. Before now, the only person she'd actually told about them was Valery.

Alicio flashed a teasing grin, leaning in for a half-whisper. "Doctor Organa?"

Yes, a very bad influence indeed.

Quickly, they were left alone in a sea of people. Alicio kept Amani close to his side, letting her control their expedition into the plaza. He didn't particularly like huge crowds, the pair had talked about it before, but he minded it a little less when they were together. He could almost pretend they were alone.

Alicio regarded the summit of Umate with curiosity, following his date's lead and resting his fingers along the stone, just a breath from her own. He imagined the history of Coruscant. The ecosystems, ancient cultures, long lost and forgotten, buried by the rising tide of the city. Through it all, the mountain stood tall, even as civilization rose up around it. Until it could barely keep it's head above the water.

Alicio was awoken from his brooding by Amani's observation. A warmth spread in his chest at the realization, as he turned his chin down towards Amani. "Yeah. I suppose it is."

Before now, their time together had been spent at his apartment, or working side-by-side, or in a quiet tent after a battle. The only person he'd told was Faith. Their relationship had been real, and special, and private before this, but now, it felt more real. Like they were making a statement together.

"Well, if the galaxy is watching... might as well give them a show."

Yes, it was a line from a novel he was reading. And yes, he did mean it.

Amani rolled her eyes and smirked, “Whatever, you were into it.”

They stood near the mountain summit, a feat that would normally be impressive, but here it was nothing more than a paved walkway. There was a beat of introspection between them both before their realization. She mirrored Alicio, looking back up at him. The Count’s recited proposal earned a snort.

“Is that like, the go-ahead?” Amani grinned. She was going to go ahead anyway, and pulled him in for a kiss; Nothing gratuitous for a public setting, but one that lingered for a few precious moments as they made their declaration before Coruscant’s last bastion of arcadian nature.

Eventually, she withdrew, but even here it was tentative at best, “How’s that?” Amani whispered breathily, then laughed. “Guess we should find somewhere to eat before it gets even more crowded, huh?” Or more specifically, she had to find somewhere to eat. A difficult task Amani was sure to be indecisive about.

“Is that like, the go-ahead?”

Alicio raised an obvious eyebrow, about to say as much, before being led into a tender moment with Amani. At one point, the Count might have been embarrassed at such wanton PDA. In that moment, however, the onlookers that glanced their direction, and quickly found something else to look at, could have been googly-eyed nerf plushies, for all he cared.

A crowd of Chaunceys.

"I liked that very much," he murmured, his own voice husky. "Brava."

And no nose bump. So they could learn.

Alicio turned away from the mountain, glad he wasn't the one that had to decide their meal location. "We'd better. I doubt Senator or Jedi privilege can get us any last-minute reservations."

“You flatter me, Your Excellency,” She curtsied at the Count’s compliment, then whispered, “I like it even more in private.” If there happened to be any paparazzi hiding in the bushes, they at least would get a nice shot out of it.

As they turned their focus to the surrounding courtyard, her amusement was steadily replaced by dissatisfaction, “Unlikely…” Not that she’d feel comfortable flexing that kind of influence here anyway. Around them were all kinds of eateries, dispersed among an even larger array of shops and tourist traps. Each one earned a cursory glance; Too busy… too ritzy…too loud…

“Hrm… Oh,” There was one that seemed to strike a nice balance. There was even an empty table outside, beside a small fountain. She wanted that one. “C’mon, before someone else takes it!” Amani grabbed Alicio’s hand and pulled him along without so much as explaining her train of thought, but the intent would soon be obvious enough.

"Agreed," the Count whispered back. He felt a brief, naughty urge to suggest they simply order in for the night, before letting Amani lead the charge to their dinner.

Alicio wanted them to take in the sights together, in full view of the galaxy. To prove that he cared more about her than whatever eyes would be on them. And, honestly, he didn't really care about where they were, as long as Amani was with him.

Scanning around, Alicio felt similarly to Amani's inner dialogue. Everything was too... much.

Alicio was looking away as his girlfriend found a location. "Hmm? Wher-ohhh!" Without much warning, he was yanked towards their destination, being towed along for a second or two as he fell in step once more. He held her hand a bit more naturally, interlocking their fingers together.

Reaching the table, Alicio pulled a chair around, so he could be at Amani's side, instead of directly in front of her. He found a seat, waiting for the Mirialan to do the same. He took a cursory glance around, nodding his head. It was about as private as one could expect on Coruscant. "Great choice."

With impeccable service, a waiter swooped by, dropping off a couple of menus.

Last edited:
They settled in at the table, staking their claim with a couple of butts in seats. Amani scooted over beside Alicio, and shrugged with sarcastic pretentiousness, "I try." The waiter came over in no time with menus, and she offered an appreciative nod before they were left alone once more.

It was a good table for people watching; They had a nice panorama of the whole plaza, and still got the additional ambience from the restaurant itself. The aforementioned wall fountain trickled steadily, and soft music from inside just managed to reach them. It all came together for a nice experience she hadn't quite expected to get out of this duracrete jungle.

"Any idea what you're getting?" Amani flipped up the menu into her view, only just now giving it a look over. "Now's the chance to gorge if you want. We're just gonna sweat it all off later tonight." A pause, and grin, "From training, that is."

It was a surprisingly peaceful view of Coruscant.

Alicio found his gaze traveling to the crowds around them. Every single person, be it the woman with a child on her shoulders, or the Trandoshans holding hands, or the old man waiting at the corner by himself, had a story. Each path crossed for only a moment, before diverging to who knows where.

Alicio watched each life pass, leaving not but a memory. Like water through a fountain, or music on the air.

Alicio favored Amani with a hint of blush, and a flustered chuckle, as she paused for comedic effect. "Mmm... You know, this is what I'm talking about. Bad infuence." He lightly bumped his shoulder against hers, grinning jokingly. "Keep this up, and we might have to schedule that wine night soon."

Alicio returned to his menu. "I'm thinking... one of these Endorian Chicken Salads." He pointed it out. "Can't go wrong with a classic." He glanced over the Jedi's shoulder at her own menu, waiting for her to identify her options.

Amani squinted at Alicio with a raised brow, “Mmm, well I’m thinking maybe you’re the one who’s a bad influence,” She nodded, agreeing with herself, “After all, it’s not like anyone else gets that kind of joke out of me.” In truth, it had started as unintentional, but she was fine to commit to the teasing. The Count's response then got a blush out of her in return.

“Looking forward to it. I’ve been trying to come up with movie ideas for a while now,” There was a galaxy’s worth of cheesy romcoms out there, but it was a matter of finding the right one. A movie she’d already seen, or something they could both see for the first time? She was putting a surprising amount of thought into it.

“An excellent choice, sir. I’m thinking… either the Felucian garden spread orrrr this noodle salad.” Amani pointed each of them out on the menu, and right around then the waiter came over to ask for their orders, “Ope,” A few seconds of hmm’ing later and she made the difficult decision, “Mkay. Noodle salad for me, thanks.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom