Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Common Partnership; It's Pzob's Law (PM for Invite)

[member="Lady Kay"]

Eddak hummed as Lady Kay responded, still unsure of where they had met each other. Eddak leaned on the counter and stayed behind Lady Kay, a good few feet away to give her space. Eddak made two clicking sounds with his tongue at his guards, flicking his head backwards. They got the hint, and gave Lady Kay some space so they weren't hovering. He took another sip of his Moogan tea as the woman approached and Eddak turned. He was leaning on the counter with just his arm, back now he leaned with his back in a more laid back position, so it didn't feel like he was starting... But he was listening. He was curious, as he tried to be a fly on the wall, but not disturb the conversation.

There was no thought or considering that she was in trouble or anything. To her knowledge nobody here knew anything about her. One of the reasons she was here, but Ra had never upset anybody enough to warrant thinking she was in trouble. As a sith, she was a very unconventional one and thought with more of a business mind than as people assumed a sith would.

As she and the guard walked up, Kay said she had seen Ra before, but couldn't remember where. Giving her a smile and nod for her position before speaking, Ra would have the same polite tone and maintain a professional business demeanor. Noticing Eddak present, she included him in the nod.

"It has been several years, Lady Kay. We never actually met officially that day. I am Ra'a'mah Numare and head of the merchant fleet now for the Free World Coalition. It is nice to meet you finally."

[member="Lady Kay"] [member="Eddak Manod"] [member="Darben Skirae"]

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
Well that didn't quite give her the answer that she was looking for. Whatever day it was that they had seen eachother, wherever the place was, it was in the past, and Ra wasn't divulging it. Perhaps Kay had to just not let it nag at her.

It certainly wasn't at the FWC territories that she had seen her. Kay bowed her head to her. "Lovely to meet you. Head of the merchent fleet, are you? Then perhaps you should speak with my Minister of Trade, [member="Darben Skirae"] . He secured our last trade contract with the FWC. If there's any adjustments needed, he can get to work on that. And he's around here somewhere..." She glanced around for a moment and then spotted him, pointing in his direction. "Ah. Right there."

Kay turned to [member="Eddak Manod"] . "Just a few more minutes and then we can start the ceremony." The last thing that she needed was to make Ra feel as though she was brushing her off.

[member="Lady Kay"]

Ra, whoever she was, seemed to be the quiet type. That, or she knew people were listening. Either way, Eddak let it go. It was a time for celebration, not a time for suspicion... although Eddak was quite... intrigued. After Lady Kay turned to Eddak and told him it would be just a little bit longer, he nodded and put down his tea for a moment. He stepped forward, toward Ra and reached out his hand. This seemed the best time, if any, to introduce himself. "Greetins! I'm the designer of this Orbital Array. I'd say owner but," he gestured to Lady Kay, "this side of the station was graciously given to mighty Commenor, as per the name. I'm Eddak Manod, King of Galderra. It's nice to meet you..." Eddaks handshake became firm, as he didn't realize what he was doing. It was normal for Eddak to act out of line, but Lady Kay never really saw it before, "Now, um, where did you say you and Lady Kay met before?" He raised an eyebrow as he looked deeply at Ra. Perhaps it was his inner instinct to protect Lady Kay, even still it was inappropriate for him to act on impulse. His passive Umbaran ability gently pushed to try and get an answer out of Ra, but being a force sensitive it wouldn't effect her. Eddak always seemed to have a way with people, except when it came to.... important people. He should look into that, find some explanation. Just as his mind came back to him, he released his handshake.

"Oh, Lady Kay, I'm sure there aren't any changes needed. As I recently took over that fleet, I thought it prudent to reestablish connections and take the opportunity to meet the person I would be working with on this side of things."

Turning when Kay pointed out who Darben was Ra nodded before directing her attention at Kay again. The man she was with interjected himself, but Ra took it in stride and shook her hand as he introduced himself. Many years of being a merchant had led her to have a firm handshake. Not turning this into any sort of competition, she shook his back.

"Pleasure to meet you as well, King Manod. As I said, I'm Ra'a'mah Numare and here for the Merchant Fleet. I never did actually answer where Lady Kay and I crossed paths before. It was around seven years ago though and the night her now husband stated they should get married. I was a simple delivery girl then bringing party supplies for that function. Ended up sticking around for a few years."

Glancing around at the array, Ra admired the work put into it and looked back at Eddak.

"And a wonderful design it is. Very welcoming."

[member="Eddak Manod"] [member="Lady Kay"] [member="Darben Skirae"]

Kay-Larr

Kay raised a brow at [member="Eddak Manod"] . Not so much in him introducing himself to Ra. But more so as he had picked up on the unanswered question and addressed it. He didn't have to press the issue, but he did so anyways. Perhaps he did so out of precaution.

But Kay caught her answer. That day that [member="Veiere Arenais"] just stated that the two should marry was a very strange day indeed. It was done so quietly and during a meeting while others were talking and arguing that she had no idea that they were heard at all. How many others took notice? It didn't really matter anyways. It was long ago in the past.

Kay made no move to interupt their conversation. Instead she browsed the tea boith a little more. Already she could spot a few types that she had wanted to try for later.

Ribbon cutting ceremony. She'll have to give a bit of a speech and she had none written. Thank goodness she knew how to improvise.

[member="Lady Kay"] | @Ra'a'mah

Eddak took a step back and clasped his hands together as he didn't look happy with himself, but quickly getting over it. He took a position a step or two behind Lady Kay and perked up once more to Ra. "So, what is it you're here for, miss Ra'a'mah," Eddak said with a bit of trouble saying the name, "come to watch the grand opening of the Commenor Embassy? Friends of Commenor I take it then?"

Noticing Kay had moved off, Ra turned her attention back to Eddak and what he was asking. Hearing he had a difficult time with her name, she shook her head just slightly before speaking and thinking of her answer.

"Please, just call me Ra. It's much easier to say and remember."

Indication the various goods around them with a casual gesture with her hand, Ra answered his question.

"As lead of a merchant fleet, I figured this would be a good opportunity to see if any of my clients might be interested in doing business. It would also potentially bring more business this direction if these merchants wanted any of the goods I can offer."

Free Worlds and Commenor were close in proximity so it was likely the items would be similar, but variations on the same thing were interesting.

"This is basically my first personal contact with Commenor. Other than that chance run in with Lady Kay years ago."

[member="Eddak Manod"] [member="Lady Kay"] [member="Darben Skirae"]

Kay-Larr

Kay couldn't really let [member="Eddak Manod"] and Ra get too carried away in conversation, for they'd miss the ceremony. Not that it was important for Ra to pay attention to it, but Eddak certainly needed to. Best to do it now so that they could lose track of time later. She cleared her throat. "Let's get the ribbon cutting done now, then we can have plenty of free time afterwards." As far as she knew, it was the only thing on her schedule.

She approached the ribbon, taking hold of the large scissors, eyeing the people in the market. No doubt that they'd start paying attention when they hear her. "Ladies and gentlemen, I am Lady Kay, High Queen of the Commenor Systems Alliance which is half owner to this product of co-operation. I hope that it brings profits to all, as well as happy memories. It is a sign of what can be accomplished when we work together. So without further ado..." She cut the ribbon. "I declare this Orbital Array open for business." Kay smiled, holding her pose for the media while those that stood to watch applauded. She then stepped aside to let Eddak say a few words if he wished.

[member="Lady Kay"] | [member="Ra'a'mah"]

Eddak kept out of the way of the two, he felt a little guilty for his impulsive nature and being so defensive of Lady Kay. He agreed, following Lady Kay and stood a little within arms length of her as she prepared to cut the ribbon. The guards kept their distance so the spotlight was on Lady Kay and Eddak. "Let this be a reminder to everyone. Galderra seeks nothing more than harmony and prosperity, which is why it seeks to support freedom and amnesty for all who deserve that chance at a new life. Freedom for everyone!" Eddak raised his fist as Lady Kay cut the ribbon and everyone cheered, raising their glasses in a toast. This was a wonderful time for Galderra, and Eddak hoped it would only continue. For Commenor, Eddak had one more goal to accomplish, but he had to let the Orbital Array wear off before he could complete it. He reached out a hand to Lady Kay, for the first time offering a full handshake to show the patrons their trust of each other. No kissing of the hand, just once.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom