Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Chat

"Ohhh..."

Avalore groaned, hanging over the edge of the metal slab against the wall that was her bed. She'd managed to reach the far end of it, at least, so the mess wouldn't be under her nose when she attempted sleep later. You know, during that time that she assumed she'd inevitably be left alone again.

The young woman shuddered, "uhhg," and wiped at her mouth with the back of her hand, dark hair hanging over her shoulders. Avalore didn't hear Hal arrive or the words he spoke, but it wasn't beyond her to notice that an extra set of feet had joined those of the dark woman. Brown eyes slowly lifted to look the person in the face - a pale one obscured by a darkness that she wasn't certain was entirely caused by the poor lighting of the dungeons. She hung on a thought then, curious about the expression on the man's face - and then jumped as Mierin's voice very suddenly entered her mind again.

The Jedi Healer visibly squirmed, rubbing at the hairs now freshly stood on-end at the back of her neck. With a short glance to Mierin and back to Hal, she peered at him a moment longer before nodding.

She quickly took up the datapad that had fallen from her lap and began typing.

Hal? the device spoke for her, What are you doing here?

[member="Darth Mierin"] [member="Hal Terrano"]

Oh, on first name terms with each other already? Well, ladies, I'll just take my leave and let this situation get steamy...is what I would say if I was a lecherous male stereotype, which I'm not.

Hal's gaze flitted towards Mierin, studying the Sith carefully as the pair just...sat...not speaking. Had he in fact endangered the woman by strolling in here asking questions? Oh dear. Hal Terrano not thinking very well, weren't you good at thinking? Didn't you value thought before action? Tsk tsk, you're losing it.

That icy cold stare returned to Avalore as she recovered from the sudden outburst of vomit. Admittedly he was concerned at the lack of vocal communication occurring and in response propped up a single barely defined blonde eyebrow, as if prompting the woman to speak.

The question that came for him upon the datapad caused the eyebrow to slide back down and join its brother in a frown. That wasn't a question he wished to answer, at the very least not right now in the presence of Mierin.

He spoke again, unaware of Avalore's current ailments:

“Why are you using that?” Hal enquired, head twisting quickly to glance at the Sith Pureblood once more, “What's wrong with her?”

Her. Stay classy, Terrano.

[member="Avalore Eden"], [member="Darth Mierin"]

J3C0

J
Mierin waited for a moment, studying both of them for a time before finally answering Hal.

“She was injured on Empress Teta.” She said quietly with a slight smile. “Her eardrums were popped by Darth Orcus, healing such a thing is difficult.”

The Sith Pureblood looked at Avalore for a moment, though she didn't say anything. Of course the girl couldn't hear them, what with her eardrums being rather broken. For moment Mierin considered getting a piece of flimsy for Hal to use, but then she thought better of it. She had no idea whether or not Hal could actually use telepathy, but it would be easier for him to use another Datapad.

She had one of the Slayer guards fetch one, and in moments Hal held a similar datapad to Avalore, albeit he would be typing and showing her the writing rather than speaking.

How comical this had become.

“Hal. I believe the young lady asked you a question.” She prompted, eager to see what would happen.

No telepathy for Hal Terrano, it wasn't a skill he had ever thought necessary for a defender of the Galaxy.

However, having his Master fill in the gaps for him would do just fine. His lack of eyebrows knitted together to help form a frown. It was certainly a frustrating predicament, although that was really a selfish way to view it, it's not you that's had your eardrums popped, you know. Although in a deeper sense, he was concerned for Avalore's well-being, just awful at showing it.

He was brought a datapad, this would be their means of communication.

Although there was a hesitation. Hal was yet to come to terms with his own fall, never mind the notion of telling a former comrade. He typed, fingers slow and clumsy, his time spent in the realms of pious Jedi-hood leaving him oft shunning technology. Once finished he spun the datapad around, allowing her to read what he wrote, avoiding eye contact all the while.

I am no longer with the Order.

Fill in the blanks.

[member="Darth Mierin"], [member="Avalore Eden"]

Leaning forward on the bench, Avalore peered at the displayed response, narrowed eyes widening for a moment before growing into slits again. She looked up at the shamed man, lost for a response both emotionally, spiritually, ...grammatically. Fostering a momentary war of thoughts in her mind, the Healer shook her head once, twice, thrice. Harder.

Why.

Why?

Why, why, WHY?

"Why, Hal?" when she looked up at him again her eyes had grown red from the contained angst. Sure, she was speaking now, but it didn't mean she could hear. Avalore was simply tired of controlling her responses through typing anymore, "Why are you here? This isn't right, this isn't you. Were you a sleeper too? Like Master Apparine? She broke her heart you know, broke Diana's heart! That's why she's dead. DEAD Hal...ohh..." her stomach was churning again and now thick, hot tears were sopping her cheeks. She felt empty, as though her insides were curdling from the fright and the worry. Seeing Hal here, standing beside her captor, had really solidified her current predicament.

She was a prisoner of war, held captive by the Sith, and there was no certainty where the rest of her life was concerned. For all she knew, she'd be dead tomorrow.

[member="Darth Mierin"] [member="Hal Terrano"]

In truth this is what he feared.

Ever since his time spent in Nemene Talith's chamber of horrors guilt had become a staple emotion of his existence. Guilt for his broken principles, guilt for the man, no, the Jedi he used to be. Hal Terrano! Stalwart Padawan! Beacon of Discipline! When he closed his eyes he could hear her rationalise it.

Then why so glum, Hal?

I mean, should you not want to actually live your life?

Avalore's voice snapped him back into the harsh realities he was currently faced with. Thankfully his gaze avoided hers, her pained and bloodshot eyes probably enough to push his guilt over the edge. He was not emotionally equipped for this, this was a breed of conflict that eluded him completely, Hal was incapable of comfort.

Instead of stepping forward to attempt to soothe the woman he moved to type:

I am not a sleeper, no. He could have, should have told the truth. He was captured, he was tortured, he was forgotten. No great search party was organised for Hal Terrano who meant little enough as it was. There was no choice, if I did not join, they would have killed me.

Truth told in part, but something was still off. Avalore had met him before, been given that awful task of interacting with the brick of a man, so perhaps she would have known that Padawan Terrano would have chosen to die each and every time in the name of the tenets that he so dutifully followed.

I'm sorry.

[member="Darth Mierin"] [member="Avalore Eden"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom