Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Chat

J3C0

J
So she put the Jedi before her own child. Mierin frowned slightly, she had been told that becoming a mother meant you cared far more about your Child than anything else, that being parted from your spawn was the worst thing one could ever endure. Yet this woman seemed to still be alive, though she was by her own admittance lonely.

“Are you perhaps lonely because you miss your child?” The question seemed almost obvious.

Avalore shook her head, slowly but immediately. Perhaps she missed the idea of the partnership, but talking to yourself on a regular basis was not particularly healthy. Or normal.

No. She was never meant to be mine. She's in far more capable hands, with a real family.

A father, a mother, and an older sister. Well cared for and looked after. Avalore could not have asked for a better ending for the little McPuff. She didn't know where they were or what they were doing, or even what they named her, but that was alright. She rested far easier most nights without knowing those things.

J3C0

J
Mierin remained silent for a moment. So her child had been given to another family, apparently someone who she was truly comfortable yet. Something however seemed off, a thought occurred to her, a peeking interest.

“What of the father? Did he not want her?” She used the childs gender this time.

Of course Mierins curiosity was simply born of trying to understand Avalore's mindset. It seemed so far she was rather...sacrificial, putting the needs of her child beyond herself. She had known she would be the mother the child deserved, and so she had given it up.

What an interesting person.

He's dead.

Her fingers typed the answer out without hesitation. One she'd given several dozen times. It didn't really hurt to say it, though it had stung at first she'd never felt particularly traumatized by his passing. Perhaps moreso in how it had happened - murder, and unsolved at that, but it wasn't as if the two had dated for years and were madly in love. Theirs was whimful sort of fling, one born out of boredom essentially.

J3C0

J
“Who was he?” Mierin continued down her line of questioning.

So far it had all been rather easy. Avalore had volunteered all information she had, though so far she had also only been asked questions about her own life. Nothing about the other Jedi had yet come up. The Pureblood would eventually steer the conversation in that direction, in time.

This wasn't after all a friendly Sunday tea, it was an interrogation.

Perhaps had she been in the company of other Jedi, or had Diana's ghost made a cameo appearance, Avalore might've realized she was speaking too freely. But given the circumstances, her emotional state, and her inherent talent for talking to much anyway...

His name was Domos, the datapad spoke, he was a Corellian entrepreneur in foreign trade.

He smelled like vanilla chai, smiled like a King and spoke like an alley cat. Though she left that part out.

J3C0

J
Mierin blinked, she of course didn't recognize the name.

“How did he die?” The next question would perhaps bring up some bad memories, but at this point Mierin was simply trying to evoke emotions within Avalore.

She already knew the girl had been lonely, but would bringing up her dead...baby daddy bring up a sadness within her? Would it evoke depression and feelings of nostalgia? The Pureblood wondered.

Well, Avalore knew that question was coming. It always did. Sort of like the train wreck one expects when you park a car on the tracks. She sighed, a bit out of the weariness of having to recount these things for what felt like the umpteenth-time. Complaining wasn't an option, though, as at the very least she wasn't alone anymore and this Sith....lady had proven to be strangely...

...friendly?

He was murdered. Unsolved case. His home was set on fire to destroy the evidence. She itched at her head, trying to recall what the authorities had told her. All the speculation had run itself in circles after about a week, no one was the wise. It had all been terrible and unfortunate.

Maybe a spurned business partner or rival. She shrugged, not entirely nonchalant but perhaps long enough removed from the ordeal that it didn't seem to upset her like one might expect.

J3C0

J
“You met him before you became a Jedi?” From what she knew, Jedi did not allow attachments. Love was one of the most complicated things in the galaxy, and one of the most easily corrupted. Mierin had used love more than once to corrupt a Jedi. The love of a woman, the love of a man, heck she had even twisted some of the minds of Jedi to love her.

She of course didn't know that for Avalore it had been a brief love affair.

The Pureblood tried to get into the heart of the woman. To peek inside and see what could be bent and twisted for her own pleasure.

Avalore nodded, chin now in her hand, another sigh followed. The world was still a strange chorus of far-away echoes to her. Ears were still painfully ringing, though her headache and nausea had subsided some time ago. She pawed at the dried blood stuck at the side of her neck, wondering when she'd next be able to shower.

...would she ever?

Feth, a shower sounded fantastic right now.

We dated for a month. It wasn't anything...special.

J3C0

J
“I see.” Mierin commented as she turned slightly.

“I was in love once.” She said quite blatantly as if it were time for girl talk. “He attempted to use me to gain control of my throne world of Athiss.”

She paused for a few moments, a slight smirk crossed her face. “His skull decorated by throne for quite some time.”

That had been the first and the last time someone had tried to use Mierin's feelings against her. It was directly after the death of her father and the man had tried to manipulate her and twist her in order to gain power. In the end however Mierin had snapped back into reality, and had seen him for what he was.

“Did the Jedi not discourage your...condition?” That was about a subtle as she could make the question.

Oh, girl talk. This was good.

Avalore's brown eyes lifted to look at Mierin, though she did not incline her head from her hand. Chin still resting on the palm of her left hand, she lifted her right to hunt-and-peck out a comment.

You're a Queen?

The woman continued and Ava could not help but blink into a frown, one which was mostly hidden by her fingers. She wasn't going to atta-girl the Sith for murder, but she could respect someone who refused to be used. Clearly this woman had a well-hidden set of balls somewhere on her person.

At the next question, however, she was forced to give up her repose. Far too complicated an answer to peck-out.

The Jedi on Corellia did not seem to mind. My original Master explained that they differed from the Core Council. They believed family and love to strengthen and be important. Many of their Masters are married with children. But there were always some that came from more traditional backgrounds that did not approve.

On Coruscant, the Core Council was more ... concerned. They wanted to test the baby for Force Sensitivity and then place it under the care of the Council. But that was latter in my pregnancy and they never got a chance. I gave birth ... she paused, looking up at the woman and considering her. For a moment Avalore was reminded that she was talking to a Sith, not a girlfriend. Had this woman been on Coruscant? Had she cause the collapse of the Temple?

... during your invasion of Coruscant, in the Temple when it collapsed.

J3C0

J
Mierin seemed bemused for a second, taking in the robotic tone of the datapad and nodding slightly with a smile. Yes, she had been a Queen, though her kingdom had since been reduced to complete rubble. Thousands of years would do that to an Empire, heck it would do that to anything if it wasn't properly maintained.

“I was. Though my former home has long since been reduced to nothing but ruins.” There was a sadness in that, though she had far more now than she ever had in the Ancient Empire.

When the topic of Coruscant came up, Mierin smiled slightly.

“I see. So you gave your child away before they could...take it.” She said quietly. She hadn't been present on Coruscant, the Dark Lord had sent her elsewhere. “Did you know it was a Jedi that brought down the temple?”

That was the truth, though its not like the One Sith didn't help. “A man known as Darron Wraith.”

The Sith placed bombs under the Temple that cause the initial collapse.

Avalore typed back, and yes, I know Master Wraith brought down the rest. I was in the same med bay as him after the battle. I heard him confess it.

Her thoughts briefly traveled to [member="Ryan Korr"], who she had spoken with only shortly thereafter before the nurses herded her back to bed. She wondered how he had faired in his recovery, as she recalled he had been pretty badly injured. Avalore thought his name had been on the roster for Teta, but by this point that entire ordeal was much a blur.

What's done is done. I can't change what happened.

J3C0

J
“I Suppose you cannot.” Mierin mused. “Do you know what stands on the temple grounds now?”

She was quite proud of it.

The Jedi Temple had been an entire ruin, rabble of nothing but dirt and rock. She had often wondered what had gone through the Jedi masters head when he had completely turn the building asunder. Was it a “if I can't have it, no one can” mentality? Or had he simply been trying to injure as many Sith in the attempt as possible?

She would likely never know.

J3C0

J
Mierin smiled.

“A Valley of the Dark Lords.” She sent, glowing with pride. “Tombs of those of our Order now passed, their collective energies forming a nexus of power.”

For a moment she looked saddened. “The one that captured you lays there now.”

Shara had always been an amusing one, Mierin had appreciated the brotherhood that the great alien had brought to the One Sith not to mention the undeniable strength he had displayed in combat. She mourned his loss, though not because of any emotional connection.

"Ohh..." this response came verbally from the young Jedi.

Avalore wasn't entirely sure how she felt about the woman's answer, but she was fairly certain that a sense of dread, of terrible, horrible, no-good, very-bad sentiment was sinking in and she really couldn't even explain why. She had, under no uncertain circumstances, any amount of fond memories of the place. In fact, she had no positive feels for Coruscant at all. The only two times she'd ever set foot on the planet it was under siege by the Sith. Both times she'd nearly died.

Oh, and then she was also being held prisoner by the Sith there now - but I don't think she knows this currently. Details, details.

So, we're going to tie all those not-positive feels back to the Sith. It's all their fault, right? Sure.

Avalore promptly vomited a little off to the side. It wasn't much - just some toast she'd had for breakfast that day - but nobody likes to vomit. Stress vomit tastes the worst because it's mostly stomach bile. Gross.

[member="Darth Mierin"]

Throwback Thursday. Blast in the unwritten past. Festivals. Pee in the Dark. Neglected Louise crying in a corner. A caper that never happened (but let's just say it did). Here I come with a flourish.

Talk about your comforting faces.

The near constantly frowning visage of Hal Terrano was probably not a face that offered much comfort, but perhaps to Avalore this would be a different story. Getting captured by the Sith certainly rocks the perspective, doesn't it?

Short clipped footsteps joined the pair in the cell. His nose wrinkled slightly as the smell of vomit hit him, just one smell and you're alongside them in acidic sympathy. Not that Hal was prone to chucking up his guts, not with a life of clean living and drinking his milk. No siree Bob. There's still time to learn though, we'll have you heaving yet, Hal.

“Are you okay?” Terrano enquired abruptly, his usual manner. Did he care? On an emotional level? Did Hal Terrano, Jedi Failure extraordinaire feel? “Are you sick?”

Ehhh...

[member="Avalore Eden"]

J3C0

J
[member="Hal Terrano"] [member="Avalore Eden"]
Mierin remained silent for a moment when Hal appeared.

If she was displeased by his arrival, she said nothing. Instead she simply observed the two of them, then an idea formed within her head. She realized that Hal had once been a Jedi, that he had once been within the very same Order that Avalore was still apart of. When he had been a Jedi, there had been no divisions, no Jedi Covenant, no Silver Jedi Order, just the one Jedi Order.

She smiled slightly.

“Avalore.” She spoke calmly “Do you know who this is?”

It was a big Jedi Order, the question was a valid one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom