Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private A Casual Dinner: The Path Back

"I wanted to see you happy. See where you had ended up. Be selfish one last time before finding a hole to crawl into and wait out my time."

Alicio brow ticked down. This was an emotion he understood well- he'd gone a long time burdening himself with a unhealthy amount of self-hate. He knew how it ate at the soul, corroding it's edges until you've convinced yourself it wasn't worth keeping.

Maybe what had helped him, could help Tarish as well. Just maybe.

Amani reached forward, holding Tarish's hand gently. Alicio didn't move, but he did shine a supportive smile their way, trying to convey openness. Understanding.

"So. You're not walking." Alicio finally stabbed a piece of his food, and tasted it. "What will you do?"

- Tarish Galland - Amani Serys Amani Serys -

Tarish Galland

T

GADividerRed.png

WEARING: Outfit, Force Talisman
TAGS: Amani Serys Amani Serys
Alicio Organa Alicio Organa

Amani reached out, took his hand.

The simple gesture was enough to make his eyes sting as his mouth turned down for a brief moment. A deep, steadying breath to keep composure for the moment as he squeezed her hand before it slipped back across the table.

A motion that cemented the belief in wanting to stay.

"I know. I didn't choose this. And," Clearing his throat before continuing. "I want to see this through. But, I think I need a bit more than just being free of the spot I'm in. Everything's twisted around in my head. Not like I remembered it. And."

A hand rising to scratch at a spot that didn't itch on his neck.

"There's just a lot to sort out." The hand slid down to the table.

It was a deeper fear that had kept him away, even more than the belief that he was worth so little. Alicio commented while setting into his food, taking the attention back to a better topic.

He pulled his own plate closer, twiddling the fork between his fingers as he thought.

"Only walking forward now. But. I uh. I hadn't really given it much thought beyond just, what's in front of me, I guess." A slow cut into the roll and rice before taking a bite. What could he do?

"I might have to learn some new tricks."

"Then we'll help with that, too," Amani affirmed. There was whole order of Jedi able to lend him aid. He didn't have to hide away, isolated and uncertain. They had helped countless other struggling Force-sensitives in the past, Amani among them. They would do so again.

"Just take your time. We've got plenty of it now," Amani eased up, and took a bite of her food. She chewed in silent thought as the other two spoke, then nodded and looked at Alicio to check his appraisal of their matching meals. He always seemed to prefer her meals to his own, so at least with the same food he wouldn't have to be envious of her often-superior dish choices. She even grew a slight smirk that managed to say as much. "Thinking about joining the NJO at all?" She asked Tarish.

Purpose.

That had been what had helped Alicio. Purpose, beyond the selfless desire for an unattainable goal. Finding something to care about, to fight for, to love. Well, someone in his case. Perhaps that was what Tarish needed, too.

A reason to be.

Alicio caught Amani's appraising look his direction, and responded with a cheeky smile in turn, attempting to spear a piece of her stir-fry, and plop it into his mouth before she could stop him. It wasn't about the food. It was about sending a message.

But quickly, his attention was returned to the fallen Jedi. He shrugged his shoulders. "Failing that, I'm always on the lookout for tutors and mentors, when it comes to dueling, and the Force." Certainly not the average senator's request. They didn't usually show an interest in lightsabers and the Jedi arts.

And sure, he was interested. The more sources he learned from, the more rounded of a Force-user he would be. But mostly, it was a way for Tarish to stay in Amani's life, if the Jedi way wasn't for him anymore.

Tarish Galland

T

GADividerRed.png

TAGS: Amani Serys Amani Serys Alicio Organa Alicio Organa

All he could share at the moment was a smile.

The worries that had grown into fears slowly shrinking as he broke through the haze of his own thoughts. The look from Amani to Alicio didn't go unnoticed as he dug into his own food. The intent seen before the action as he managed a smirk.

The question of purpose was now on the table though.

"Haven't really looked into it besides being around. Suppose they could find somewhere for a washed up jedi to be useful." A tiny shrug as he bounced the fork back and forth in thought.

He was curious about the Senator's offer however.

His eyes opened before narrowing, attention focused and taking in what he could see as well as reasonably guess.

"Mm. How's your workout routine?" The scrutiny of a former head-hunter coming out. "Safe start is Shii-Cho to see what your form is like. You're my height and around my weight, difference being biological after that."

Whether he was expressing interest, or merely thinking aloud, he kept measuring after each bite of food.

"Amani, you used Soresu last I remember. He seem pretty agile, or need Art Of Movement training?"

Amani shot the Count a scoff in mock-insult as he snatched a bit of her food for himself. She thought about taking some of his in retaliation, but decided against it. Or perhaps was just waiting for a more unsuspecting moment to strike…

"They helped me a lot with getting re-attuned to the Jedi way of things. So I'm sure they'd be happy to do the same if it interested you," Alicio made an offer of his own, to which she nodded as if confirming the sincerity of the idea. She and others had given him lessons in the past. Tarish immediately began to appraise Alicio, and in response to his question, Amani studied her husband for a few moments as well, "Well- You're not stiff or anything. But I'm not sure I've ever seen you apply the Force quite like that," There was the possibility that he had used or been trained in it elsewhere, so she phrased it openly, "You know what the Art of Movement is?"

After winking and returning to the comforts of his own dish, Alicio smiled at Amani as she mentioned her first time with the NJO. That had been a step he'd watched her take, and he was incredibly happy she had. She'd been similar to Tarish in a lot of ways before that; struggling to find a clear purpose. Until she joined the NJO.

"Mm. How's your workout routine?"

Immediately, it seemed he'd caught Tarish's interest, if not his acceptance. He grinned. "Probably less intensive than your average Jedi, but certainly more intensive than your average senator." There was only so much time in a day. "And... I'm not a novice anymore. I've learned a few tricks from a few different people. Amani included." The Count sent another warm smile the Mirialan's way. Her Soresu training had been life-saving. "Again, I'm no Jedi Knight, but... I might surprise you."

The two of them brought up a technique he'd never heard before. His confusion shone clearly on his face. "Art of Movement? Not familiar with the term, no." He paused to give the Jedi a chance to elaborate.

Tarish Galland

T

GADividerRed.png

He'd escaped responsibility in the past with Cato being a sort of shared padawan within the Silver Knight group. A memory that made him hesitate mid-cut. Only a moment though as he shrugged and spoke.

"Interested, definitely. But the temple is, bright, at the moment." The only mention of any discomfort he would make for the time being. "So I hope they don't expect a constant presence."

The topic slid over to Alicio, Tarish's fork pressed to his lip while he listened. Smiling a bit at the humor behind it all. While he didn't have any right to dictate the who and what Amani had surrounded herself with, it pleased him greatly to see someone with a touch of humility sharing her life.

"Novice or no, even Master's can learn a new trick or two." The fork waved in the air before settling on his plate.

"Being a public servant doesn't afford you a lot of personal time. But even everyday things can help you keep what you've got started. And if anyone asks, just, say it's for your own personal health." He frowned at the idea of trying to teach outside the usual array of time available. Then again, life always had its challenges and this was no different.

Especially when the person was actually interested in learning.

The question of the topic made his eyes slide over to Amani. Remembering his own run with the Art of Movement some time ago and wondering if it was still applicable with the modern times. Curious to hear her explain it as well given how physically he viewed the world and its obstacles.

"I know I needed a specific venture with the practice, so my experience isn't the whole thing. But," He gathered up a bite but didn't take it just yet. "Has to do with agility, flexibility, awareness, and fluidity of movements with aid from the force. Which, sounds like a lot."

He blinked and really thought about it.

"Aaand it kind of is. At least, starting out. And. Frustrating. Very frustrating."

His own experience shared, he did venture to take the bite he'd prepared while Amani shared anything more.

"Interested, definitely. But the temple is, bright, at the moment."

Amani responded with a lone nod, getting a sense for what Tarish meant but not pushing further. Just another part of the process, "They're accommodating. Don't worry."

Alicio shared some of his own training experience with the Jedi, and she smirked at mention of herself. That first lesson had ended a bit more intensely than most sparring sessions, albeit not in the way one might expect. Not that such details behind her knowing expression were divulged to Tarish.

"Right. Jump farther. React faster. Move better," She succinctly reaffirmed what Tarish had already explained, "Very practical, if you expect to be getting into as much trouble as you have in the past."

"And if anyone asks, just, say it's for your own personal health."

Alicio smirked at the advice. It wasn't illegal to be a Force-sensitive senator, by any means, but he didn't exactly advertise his Jedi-parallel path. It was against the rules to be a Jedi and a public servant, and his peace-loving, lightsaber-toting ways would certainly raise eyebrows.

The pair's explanation of what Art of Movement was got the Count to purse his lips, thinking hard as he consumed something exceedingly blue. "It... does sound complex. But I'd be happy to learn." He raised a coy eyebrow Amani's way. "Perhaps I am a little... safety-averse. So it couldn't hurt."

He flicked his grey eyes between the two of them, trying not to betray the hidden meaning of his next statement. "Maybe the two of you could show me. When there's time." Alicio smiled innocently.

The more he could get Amani and Tarish together, the better. He'd seen how happy they made each other.

"How's the food?"

Tarish Galland

T

GADividerRed.png

He gave a small, albeit wry chuckle at the mention of being accommodating.

"The little things I suppose." He let the subject drop as Amani mentioned the good Senator getting himself mixed up into trouble.

"Ooh. Color me curious as to what kind of trouble the good Senator could get into." He was genuinely intrigued by idea. His own ideas of what trouble someone in his position could get into at odds with the training that had been mentioned.

At the mention of the two sharing his instruction, his eyes rose from the plate to Alicio.

"Always good to have a different perspective. And Amani likely knows where a good place to start you off would be." Nonchalant as possible as he took another measuring bite.

"Good. Not over or under cooked. Certainly not the worst place I've dined." The only knock to their rating being the interaction at the door as he looked to each in kind.

"Perhaps I am a little... safety-averse. So it couldn't hurt."

Amani responded with a playfully-judgy glare, "Uh huh," For a senator, he got into quite a bit of trouble. But that willingness to leap into the fray was one of the things she admittedly loved about him. Besides, it's not exactly like she was sitting on the sidelines herself, "Alicio has been known to take a very direct approach, when it comes to aiding others," In politics or in the battlefield, he never seemed deterred from doing the right thing. She left divulging any specific exploits up to him.

"I don't see why not. We'll find a time when we're all free," Amani shrugged, happy with the possibility and none the wiser to Alicio's greater intentions. It would be a good way to get Tarish back into the swing of things, it would be practical for Alicio, and Amani was, let's face it, the most agile of the three. She might as well be included in a lesson like this.

"Good!" Amani chirped, when Alicio asked about their meals. Right as she did, she snatched some of Alicio's food in a retaliatory strike. Quick, like a snake grabbing its prey, a forkful was taken and stuffed in her mouth. Their dishes were of course the exact same, but just like Alicio felt, it was about sending a message.

"Ooh. Color me curious as to what kind of trouble the good Senator could get into."
"Alicio has been known to take a very direct approach, when it comes to aiding others."

For his part, Alicio simply looked down at his food, hiding a shy smile while addressing Tarish. "I... try to help as many people as I can, however I can. But I've bitten off more than I could chew, a few times." He smiled sincerely, lovingly, at Amani. "Thankfully, I've always had someone watching my back."

Both Tarish and Amani seemed receptive to the idea of joint training, which got Alicio to smile even more. "Perfect. We'll plan for it, then. Perhaps we could use the Temple space. Or I have a warehouse on-planet if you'd prefer somewhere secluded."

Finally, the question of food. Alicio nodded at Tarish's answer, and was about to comment of Amani's before she expertly purloined a piece of stir-fry off his plate. Alicio's eyebrows furrowed in mock-anger, and he responded by attempting to scoop her food into his mouth again, escalating the tensions. "Mmm, I agree. Your food is delicious."

If this was how she wanted to play it...

Tarish Galland

T

GADividerRed.png

"Alicio has been known to take a very direct approach, when it comes to aiding others,"

"I... try to help as many people as I can, however I can. But I've bitten off more than I could chew, a few times." He smiled sincerely, lovingly, at Amani. "Thankfully, I've always had someone watching my back."

He couldn't miss the undertone of admiration in her tone. Nor his sheepish admittance of perhaps jumping headfirst when thought should have been given.

His eyes narrowing between them as he took a bite and chewed.

Unable to help the small jab of envy, he grinned like a content fool finding their favorite trinket to subdue the feeling.

"Well, sometimes the best display of help is one where you're in just as deep as the one you are trying to help." He nodded along with the thought.

"Perfect. We'll plan for it, then. Perhaps we could use the Temple space. Or I have a warehouse on-planet if you'd prefer somewhere secluded."

The mention of secluded training drawing his attention.

"Mm. I'm not up to date with politics and jedi, but I think announcing your training with someone like myself isn't... wise. At least for now. Secluded would be better." Tarish frowned, twirling the fork before watching the duo begin to duel for each others food.

There was a sincere moment of thought about stealing from either of their plates, but sat content at the sight and joyous noise around him.

Amani bumped Alicio's shoulder with her own. They'd both gotten into plenty of trouble, sometimes together. Teta and Denon came to mind. But they always came out stronger. She nodded in agreement with the temple suggestion, but Tarish seemed to think it unwise. Perhaps he wasn't wrong, to some extent at least, but Amani's gut instinct was to prove otherwise. She was a member of the Jedi Council, after all. Her word ought to be trusted.

But wider perceptions of Alicio came to mind, as did the possibility of dragging Tarish unwillingly into the spotlight should word get out. No reason to risk it, especially if Tarish himself didn't want to, "If that's what you want, we can do the warehouse instead," It would work well enough.

Alicio took Amani's retaliation to heart, stealing a bit of her food back. She almost lashed out reactively, but decided against accidentally making a mess. If any of those tabloid journalists were creeping about now, they'd probably have a field day with Alderaanian nobility acting like children at a fine dining restaurant. Amani raised an accusatory finger, restraining herself, "You're on thin ice, Your Excellency," Her thin smile betrayed that it was all in good fun, of course. Amani's fork was held up, ready to strike, but ultimately returned to her own plate.

"…This has been nice," She remarked simply, after taking a pause to chew her latest bite.

Alicio accepted Amani's shoulder bump, smirking as he glanced across at Tarish. He'd been in a few dangerous situations with the mirialan, and each time, they'd stood together to help those who couldn't help themselves. That desire to help was what had brought them together in the first place, after all.

At the decision of secluded training, Alicio set his jaw defiantly. "For the record, I'm more than happy to let the whole galaxy know we're working together, Tarish. I'm not ashamed to be associated with good people."

"But warehouse it is. I'll find a day my staff can take the night off."

The couple's food duel ended in a cold war, with Amani leveling threats against the Count. He laughed behind his hand, returning his fork to his own plate. "As you say, Your Excellency," he retorted, eyes flicking momentarily to the scarred Jedi across the two of them. And for the first time, he picked up a bit of envy.

Tarish had been alone. Was still alone, in many ways.

The Count felt a pinprick of guilt at the realization, and returned his eyes to his food, brooding over multicolored stir fry.

"…This has been nice."

"We'll have to do it again," Alicio offered, regaining some of his joie de vivre.

Tarish Galland

T

GADividerRed.png

They both openly protested the secrecy, and he could understand the reason. A sigh escaping as he let the idea settle behind his initial request.

Maybe an old habit that was still rearing its head in some ways.

"I'm not opposed to it being a known thing, eventually. Or even after the initial, uh, course." He amended his earlier statement. "I guess I'm worrying a bit much given who all I know."

A smirk as he looked between them.

The air seemed to settle, both going back to their respective plates as he let the smile become a more common thing. Even if the muscles in his jaw were already feeling the effects.

It was a nice change of pace.

"I," It wasn't quite a hesitation, but he let his utensil settle before continuing. Finally allowing himself a bit of admission to wanting something. "I would enjoy that. I'll even let you pick the place next time."

Relief and joy slowly replacing the dash of envy that lingered.

Amani nodded in understanding, "It's your choice, Tarish. Just know there's no concern on our part," If he wasn't ready for it, then that was simple enough. But they would gladly be there to defend him should any issues happen to arise. Someone trying to turn their life around should be celebrated, not met with fear or doubt. Especially in circumstances as faultless as Tarish's own.

Amani still wasn't used to being referred to as 'Your Excellency'. She wrinkled her nose at Alicio, unable to hide a smirk, before she worked on finishing the last of her meal. Glancing to Tarish, she was able to make a similar inference. He was smiling, but that aura of loneliness hung over him, striking a bit of guilt in the mirialan as well. She gave him a sympathetic smile, but said nothing aloud of the matter. It wasn't exactly something most people would want addressed so directly.

"Well, you have a good eye for food yourself, it seems,"
Amani wiped a napkin over her mouth, "Most fancy places seem too concerned with their decor over their dishes, but this was a good pick."

The promise of eventual eponymity was enough for Alicio to nod and smile in agreement. For now, they would stay a secret. But eventually, Alicio would gladly tell the whole galaxy who Tarish truly was, despite what had happened in his past.

After the trio had finished their (frankly delicious) food, the Count stood, pulling out Amani's seat to help her as well, and made his way up to Tarish, hand extended like when he had first met the dark figure.

"Thank you for inviting us, truly. And thank you for offering to train me..." He thought a moment, trying to perfectly articulate his thoughts. "And... thank you for being here. It means the world."

Stepping away from Tarish, Alicio briefly squeezed Amani's hand, before leaving the two old friends to talk, as he tried to figure out where to pay for their fancy dinner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom