Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private A Boulder CAN teach a Sword and a Shield

Be careful what you wish for.
“Always hold fast to the present. Every situation, indeed every moment, is of infinite value, for it is the representative of a whole eternity.” — Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

The life of a Jedi was of service. This was a service of protection, of strife, and of danger. This was not something that it was healthy to revel in, a life of too much battle can have damaging effects on the mind, be it embracing the rush or running from it. A life of too much education and work can take away from personal and diplomatic experience…

… “all work and no play…”

This is not to say that Jedi should be looking for a life of leisure either. Master Yoda once said “Excitement, Adventure… a Jedi craves not these things…”. However, downtime is and can be a good thing, which is why Caltin is sitting out on the deck of his house overlooking the Alderaanian Southern Ocean.

Of course with Vanagor, there was always something else.

Chrysa Vanagor Chrysa Vanagor had some downtime from the Outreach division of the company and was jonesing to have people over, she wanted to play “hostess” and have a party or two. Of course she did not need to ask, so it was happening (and “A happy wife= A happy life” right?). She wanted to show the island off, even getting Liram Angellus Liram Angellus involved. It was a great idea, the galaxy was beginning to calm. There was less of a need for him with the Silver Concord so he was finding himself traveling with her, or on his own more and more.

Why not have some fun for once in a while.

So with Jand Talo Jand Talo having completed his training, he had something to offer “The Sword” and “The Shield”. No doubt it was not necessary on his part, but this would help them in their efforts, and he could feel less and less obligated to be anywhere and everywhere. We all know that this need is really overstated and unnecessary but it worked for him.

So, with a lemonade in his hand, the big man was standing in front of the grill and cooking whatever the little lady (don’t tell her he calls her that) wanted for the shindig.

TAG: Valery Noble Valery Noble | Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble

Alderaan
div-orange.png
Outfit: Factory Link | Wedding Ring
Appearance: Link
Ship: Link
Weapons:
Lightsaber
Tag: Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble

"I think it's right there," Valery said to her husband as they approached Caltin's house together. It wasn't the first time she saw Caltin in a less official setting, but it was certainly new to be visiting him at his home. There was no reason to reject an invitation, however, and a little bit of time away from the Temple or war-torn planets was quite refreshing.

The ocean also sure looked beautiful.

Valery's hand slipped into her husband's, her eyes met his gaze, and she smiled brightly and lovingly. "He mentioned that he wanted to give us something, so I'm curious what it is. I also smell food~" she chuckled and made her way over to the door, where she looked for a buzzer, before knocking if necessary.

"Master Vanagor?" she asked, hoping they were at the right place.

Kahlil_Div2.png

"Your guess is as good as mine." Kahlil chuckled a little, glancing briefly around where they were before back to the door. He knew very little about what was going on, asides from it involving Master Vanagor. And now he knew it involved food. And a beach. Honestly, that was a blessing in disguise. His gaze fell down to the triplets he had brought with them, chuckling a little. Vera was going to be jealous, but she had her training to attend to.

"Good thing we brought swimwear, huh?"

Valery Noble Valery Noble | Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor

“Always hold fast to the present. Every situation, indeed every moment, is of infinite value, for it is the representative of a whole eternity.” — Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Sanctuary Island did not appear to be all that much from the air, this was a technological trick that Liram Angellus had access to. When on the ground though, one could truly see how expansive it was. The island was not some luxurious resort island, but it was an island, and the Vanagors owned it outright. It was also off the official maps, and only available to those who get the coordinates from the owners. It was truly their private island getaway.

… “all work and no play…”

Neither Vanagor opened the door. The closest to respond was…

“DECLARATION: I AM HK-88. Personal assistant and Guardian to Chrysothemis Vanagor, state your…”

From outside, Caltin could be heard.

They’re my guests, HK… they’re fine!

“APOLOGY: Sincerest apologies, meatbags. Master will see you out on the pool deck.”

Sure enough, he was out there talking to Angellus, who went back to talking to a few of his own guests. Caltin was busy cooking anyway. He was just as at home in a kitchen or in front of a grille as he was in a fight apparently. He does host a holovid cooking show after all. What was the name of that again?

Shut up.

Hey guys. Sorry about HK, he's completely safe and loyal but takes a little too seriously. Can you believe he survived in the ice on Ilum. They found a ship full of similar models... oh well... anyway... Welcome! Glad to see you dressed for the occasion, feel free and jump in the pool, grab something to drink. I’m almost done making everything. My only request is that you call me by my given name today. I’m not a “Jedi” here.

Then of course Chrysa showed up, offering welcomes of her own and hugs. She then slipped an arm around her husband and clarified to call him “Caltin” and not “Anselmo” because while it is his middle name, he HATES to be called that and not to be called “Cally Pally” as that is her name for him. Not even “Boulder man” as many of the younglings that live on the island call him that.

Catching the mortified look on his face, she planted a kiss on his cheek and left with a wink, but not before stealing a piece of meat to nibble on and a peck on the lips. Of course a “Love you” was slipped in at the last moment.

Yeah… Love you too!

Turning to the couple in front of him, the big man looked like he just did something dirty to his pants.

… anyway…

TAG:
Valery Noble Valery Noble | Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble

resonant-staff-hilt-lit-6.png

"Vanguard" (Secondary - Long Handle)
0cf9376e75158d86a4aaeac9fb408128.jpg

"CONSERVATOR" (Primary - Long Handle)
HK-88 Robes, Battle Armor,Toraynor-Henkan(mind crystal added) Advanced Jedi Utility Belt
Starship: Spectre, (NC-1000 X-wing (Jedi Variant) in the hangar, Dilorian, and Bike both in the cargo bay, the late Karki Eusith's Armor, Shield, Temple Guard Lightsaber mounted on the wall)
Sanctuary Island

Alderaan
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Lightsaber
Tag: Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor

The mention of swimwear made Valery smile, "It would be fun to play with them on the beach, and maybe an evening walk along the shore before they sleep?" There would be little one-on-one time for the husband and wife outside of their sleeping times, but a very small vacation just to be with the triplets seemed like so much fun.

Their squeals at Valery's finger waggling only confirmed it.

The two then arrived at the front door and were greeted by a droid who referred to them as meatbags. Valery's brow was already starting to rise, when Caltin called out to clear them. She just chuckled, briefly glanced at Kahlil, then met Caltin's gaze. Right now, Valery was still dressed in something casual, but she had her swimwear on underneath.

She didn't really like walking around in it.

"A pool sounds nice, especially if there's a shallow part. Maybe the little ones would love it," she chuckled, looked down at the stroller with triplets, and then acknowledged his request with a nod of her head, "Caltin it is, and you can just call me Valery too." They were too far away from Jedi business for formal titles or ranks.

Caltin's wife soon appeared as well, and after a brief exchange of hugs, Valery watched the couple with a smile. She always loved very close couples and was really happy that she had a relationship like it too. It just offered so much strength in the often difficult times for Jedi.

"The food smells great, by the way. I could smell it on the way here, so I look forward to seeing what you made. Kahlil and I both love to cook." She grinned and squeezed her husband's hand. "Of course, we're curious about what you mentioned in the invitation too. You had something for us?"

Kahlil_Div2.png

An assassin droid?

Well, leave it to Master Vanagor to have a droid like that. He chuckled a little, before following Valery inside. Gave a nod in greetings to one of the few Jedi near his own height. And certainly one he respected more than most others. Though, they weren't here to speak formally? He practically let out a sigh of relief before nodding his head in agreement with Valery's own words. Caltin it was.

"Actually, yeah. That might be a good idea. Have more get togethers like this with more Jedi."

Valery Noble Valery Noble | Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor

Beaming at the observation about his cooking, Caltin went back to flipping over the various items. When talk over “business” came up, he sort of winced, but knew that they did not have much else to talk about at the moment and realized that they might think that this was the only reason why he invited them out.

Yeah, hang on… keep flipping…

Holding up the thongs for her to take as he ran off into the other room, the big man returned quickly with a holocron. Taking his utensil back, he pressed the activation button and went back to cooking. The image of a young woman, one who looked VERY MUCH LIKE Caltin filled the holo-screen. Hands behind her back, she looked up at the couple.

“Hello, I hope that at least one of you is a Jedi…”

They are, add them to your database.

“Alright. Will we be getting started?”

Probably not right now, we’re all about to eat.

“Sounds good, you’re all set.” The holocron then immediately deactivated.

We can talk more about it later, but that is a holocron of a “martial style” that I have been working on for a long time. Enough of that though, get yourselves some food, something to drink… go swimming. The guest house is already open for you guys…

TAG:
Valery Noble Valery Noble | Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble

HK-88 Robes, Battle Armor,Toraynor-Henkan(mind crystal added) Advanced Jedi Utility Belt
Starship: Spectre, (NC-1000 X-wing (Jedi Variant) in the hangar, Dilorian, and Bike both in the cargo bay, the late Karki Eusith's Armor, Shield, Temple Guard Lightsaber mounted on the wall)
Sanctuary Island

Alderaan
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Lightsaber

Valery blinked but stepped forward to take the utensils, so she could keep flipping the food while he went to grab something. Caltin returned soon after, took back the utensils, and showed a holocron that asked who they were.

She briefly looked at her husband with a curious brow raised, but then turned back to Caltin as he began to explain what was on it. A personally developed fighting style? Well, it made sense why that was part of the invitation for the two Nobles.

Still, she was glad that wasn't all they were here for. It was time to relax as well, and maybe get to know Caltin better as a person, rather than a Jedi.

"Love, can you get me a plate of food and take the kids to the pool? I'm going to get changed, so we can sit by the water with them." She smiled lovingly, then disappeared into a room to take off the clothes she wore above her swimwear.

Valery then returned, grinned in Kahlil's direction, and sat down by the shallow part of the water. Aurra was already squealing happily, so Valery picked her up out of the stroller first and set her down in her lap, so the little girl's feet could dangle in the water. "Come on, join us," Valery told Kahlil, who she hoped had arranged their food.

"Thank you again for inviting us, Caltin. It's nice to just relax and enjoy some good food like this."

Last edited:

Kahlil_Div2.png

"Course."

Kahlil chuckled a little as he did go and get some food for them both, and of course get the triplets settled by the pool. He was already eating a burger before slipping Valery her own plate. With the Force. Should he? Probably not, but he was already juggling both their food and the triplets. It was clearly a necessity! And the food was good. Whatever the holocron thing was about, the food certainly took priority right now.

"Mhmm, mhmm." Kahlil agreed as he took another bite.

Caltin Vanagor Caltin Vanagor | Valery Noble Valery Noble

Kahlil’s internal debate over using the Force on a day like today was not lost on Caltin. So in an attempt to ease The Shield’s mind, the big man reached out and pulled a couple of condiments over, not only to use himself, but to offer. This was a place meant to be informal and relaxed, but if you have a gift, use it, right?

Of course, pulling some pool toys subtly through the water up to the Noble kids was a fun site as well.

Chrysa sat down next to Caltin and began eating too. She was more or less playing “hostess” today as this was her party, but the sight of kids playing planted “that look” in her eye. Something he noticed as well, and smirked, a reason why he pulled out the toys. Valery’s gratitude was welcomed, but unnecessary…

Hey, glad to do it! I have this lady to thank for all of this.

He said nudging Chrysa.

The girl in the holocron. That’s a visual representation of my daughter Alyscia. I won’t bore you with the details about her (until another day, unless you want to know) but suffice it to say, when I went on ice, she continued what I was doing. Anyway, my family still has a house on Naboo… the entire family could go there and just be… there… an Angellus…

He said, pointing at Liram Angellus Liram Angellus , who was flirting with a woman down on the beach.

… didn’t have to be an admiral… and a Jedi like me could just be a dad.

He smirked at the memory, it was a great one.

I was lucky enough to find Chrysa before going on ice. We were always “almost”... then everything happened to me and I was out of the picture for a while. When I was brought out. I tried to find that peace I once had. To be able to separate the lives, you know? That way I could push myself further and further when I had to. Nothing seemed to be “right” until we found each other a couple of years ago.

Then we bought this island… I can’t go back to Naboo… not to that house… but this? This was her idea… but it was the missing piece that made us whole. She’s busy with the company’s outreach but here she can just be her. Here I don’t have to be “big bad boulder Jedi man”... I can just be a husband with a “honeydew” list.

That joke brought him a smack on the arm and a laugh.

It’s been good… in fact your cousin Jax Thio Jax Thio has a house here. You’re welcome to it, or even one of your own if you want.

The offer was genuine but came with a noncommittal “shrug”. He didn’t really think about whether Kahlil knew whether Jax was technically related or not. It would be interesting if he found out that the Maverick was also Caltin’s great (xhowever many) grandson.

TAG: Valery Noble Valery Noble | Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble

Sanctuary Island

Alderaan
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Lightsaber

Watching Kahlil struggle to balance the plates of food and triplets was almost enough to make Valery laugh, but she offered him a very grateful smile instead. These were the little moments in life that she loved so much, and seeing the little ones enjoying themselves always warmed her heart.

"Thanks, babe," Valery took the plate and sat down with Aurra, who was kicking her little feet around in the water. They couldn't eat what was being offered yet, but Valery figured it would be no problem to feed them somewhere later, in private. For now, she just focused on relaxing and forgot about everything else.

Valery then listened to Caltin's story and offered only warm smiles. She knew that he had struggled to really settle into this new time, so to hear that he really found his place with someone special felt good. Even when things seemed difficult, it was nice to know that everything could turn out alright in the end.

One glance at her husband and kids very much proved that for her as well.

"I'm glad everything has gone so well, and I'm sure we'll visit this place again. Not sure if I'd live here, but it seems like a fun place for vacations with the family."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom