Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2k Posts, So Why Not Do This Feedback Thing Again

Living In Color
Codex Judge
These are always some of my favorite threads to post up, mostly because there's always things I don't think about or see when I write my characters that can be changed to help make em better. And I like making my characters better. This time though it's gonna be specifically about Iris here. 2k is a milestone, especially since when I made her I barely used her at all. Literally went six months of her being inactive before I scored and got Valery Noble Valery Noble to be her Master, and well, she just took off. In no small thanks to that Master Paddy relationship.

Cut to a year later, and here she is. Knight of the Jedi, moving on to new adventures and new problems to face. She's going to change, as all people do, so what better time to work on the pitfalls of the writer behind her? What have you liked about her? What have you not? Who even is Iris I've never heard of her? Toss me some things, here, DMs, Discord. Anywhere works. About her or me.

e5e624d8-7805-49da-90ce-d323bde30795_text.gif

Bruh wtf, weren't you at 1k only a couple months ago? Now you've doubled that??? Freaking post gremlin

Anyway, you're doing great, you just hit a big new turning point with Iris' knighthood, I am eager to see where you will take things next. She's gotten harder and tougher lately, which I like. As long as you don't become cringe like me, 9/10 would recommend.

Good character. Fun character. The new character arc with this ascension into the role of a Jedi Knight should be a fun read, and fun to take part in too. The chance to see Iris be a little more independent with this growth will be a good chance to further the character. Good job.

I’ve really enjoyed reading Iris and watching her character grow/change. I think you’ve done really well with showing a very clear path of progress for her without losing the core of who she is as a person.

One thing I think I’d like to see are some more personalized stories that are about Iris herself. Explore more of her own motivations/goals and what she believes, especially now that she is a Jedi Knight.

Can’t really think of anything else, really, as I think you’ve got a pretty good handle on her. Looking forward to seeing how she grows and where her story leads in the future.

ɴᴀɢᴀɪ ᴡᴀʀʀɪᴏʀ
In the past few months, I've had a fair bit of interaction with Iris. For the most part, it's been good. Personal development, tidbits of her thoughts and motivations shared, a rounded personality being expanded on and some interesting plots to engage with.

But.

I also think that at times Iris is on autopilot, especially with the rapid posting of a few sentences. When that happened to me in a few instances, though not too often, I did find it hard to respond a few times because I wasn't really given much to respond to.

Beyond that, though, Iris is a pretty cool character and your writing of her is solid, and it will be interesting seeing her settle into that more autonomous role of Jedi Knight.

Keep truckin'!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom