Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

10 Year Anniversary

Screenshot_2023-02-18_105437.png

Today marks my 10 year anniversary of making an account on Chaos.

I joined while I was in the back half of my senior year in high school, and I migrated from a Star Wars: Clone Wars RP website alongside my now long-time friend Darth Voracitos Darth Voracitos . Chaos' premise drew me in, and I was surprised by the fact that there was no character approval process like there had been on other sites I'd joined. The freshness of the site, which had only been set up several months prior back in 2012, and the far-flung setting gave me ideas of how I could create a character completely untethered by any pre-existing canon. This was just before Disney bought Lucasfilm, so Legends was the only Star Wars that we knew.

The first character I created was Kaine Zambrano, who was a deviation from a character I had written on the aforementioned Clone Wars site called Jarex Zambrano. I'd also written a Jarex Zambrano on a site called Age of the Sith, but neither of those characters really grew into their own. I've been writing Kaine Zambrano as my only active character for these past 10 years, and like any character there's been ups and downs in terms of writing quality and engagement. There's validity in discussing whether or not a character has overstayed their welcome, and I think that can certainly ring true for Kaine Zambrano. He's a character that's persisted through a great deal of site upheaval, many empires coming and going, and the majority of his contemporaries dying off or fading into obscurity. I think he has overstayed his welcome, and that's more than likely up to my inability to want to let the character go, mostly because I find him very enjoyable to write, but also because I don't know what I'd do in that scenario.

Ramblings aside, I've enjoyed Chaos these 10 years. It's been an amazing community, and among the best I've ever come across. I'm still immensely pleased to have remained a part of it, even when I haven't been the most upstanding member of the community. I hope Chaos still keeps trucking forward, and I get to enjoy this place for many more years.

He's a character that's persisted through a great deal of site upheaval, many empires coming and going, and the majority of his contemporaries dying off or fading into obscurity.

Preach it, brother.

Congratulations on double digits! I'm about seven months behind but I'm getting there! :D

Also if you're ever looking to retire Kaine, you know where to find me. ;)

———Blackened Valkyrie———
Factory Judge
"Those who climb the steps to greatness, to become more than the average joe are either loved or hated." - My brain

great to see you making it to a decade mr, hope to join you there in two years. As for carnifex the character, honestly Chaos would not have been the same. He is bad guy but is not allllways bad guy in the reasonings lets not forget you are an amazing character. in those 10 years you have written more than a few books worth and it follows your main character proud of ya.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom